TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

I'm sorry, princesskell, but remember, as you have said before: You are not out until af comes. Keeping good thoughts for you! :hugs:

On my O news, nothing new. Haven't Oed yet, but am experiencing a little wave of emotion. I usually get it this time, and it was enhanced by wanting to have another child and us not being in a position to be able to. Now we are here, so I wasn't expecting to have this mild downer feeling. Just a little blue. Not sad, not depressed, just a little on the weepy side. I am glad I paid attention because just knowing that it is O coming soon made me feel better. Always better knowing. It's disappearing as I write this :) Thought I would share that though. If you get pms-like moodiness with O, you are not alone :hugs:

I think we are BDing tomorrow on out, so I have that to look forward to. I am excited to be in this part of it! Feels good being able to do something more than just count down haha

Momwife, I am so sorry!!

I am glad to hear you are going to keep trying though! No fun to see af. Sounds like you DH is being so sweet and looking at the bright side. The other bright side is another round of lots of bding!

I hope you are staying in this thread, so we can all keep up with each other. :hugs:

Enjoy your shows! :flower:

I will keep trying, even if it takes up to a 1 year, but I hope it doesn't. DH don't want me to get down about it, he says we have plenty of time! Yes, I am staying in this thread! I love this thread!! I am catching up on my shows since I missed them yesterday and the new episodes come on tomorrow night.

Sorry mom wife! Thinking of you! :dust: for this next cycle!

Awww hopettc3, if she does come, at least she didn't play games with you. If I don't conceive right away, I at least hope that :witch: just comes, on schedule, we greet each other, go through the motions, and then she can be on her horrible way to make room for another attempt. I keep reading stories from people who are 3 months late, bfn, usually regular cycles, etc.

Of course I want pregnancy to happen right away, but if it doesn't, I just want my answer-- even a "no". I am praying that we all just get our answers. Hopefully those are :af: and :bfp:, but better knowing instantly than a long wait. Having said that, I am sending you some :dust: through the computer. It should be arriving instantly. This stuff is extra powerful, so hopefully it will scare af away ;)

Fun Question of the Day:

What 5 books would you hope to be stuck with on a desert island? Explain why you chose each, please, so we can get to know each other further :)

1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone: The first in the series means it contains the beautiful details I enjoy the most. They talk about the classes so well, you feel like you are in the lecture. This book goes into detail about the food, the shops, the journey, and every other bit of imagery you could crave.
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The longest of the series, but it ties up all the loose ends. The amount of questing and adventure makes me never get tired of it. I frequently have this one playing in my car on tape. Then I will get home from work and read it in my free-time. Plus!!! If I am stuck on an island, why not read about people stuck in hiding? I'm a Potterhead/Potterphile, and I know it.
3) Pride and Prejudice: I loved this from the moment I opened the book. I love the back-and-forth, the miscommunications, and I married a Mr. Darcy (minus insulting my family)-- painfully quiet and passive haha. This is an easy grab from my book wall.
4) The Hobbit: I love this book for its adventure. I read it when I was in 7th grade, and the amount of detail we had to put into our report was remarkable. I remember having to write an analysis of each page on a sticky note to be used for our report. The teacher checked! hahah You think I would hate it, but it made me appreciate everything. I never get tired of this book. Plus, similar to the first book in the HP series, it is riddled with detail that the LOTR trilogy cannot be bothered with (also like the other books in HP after #1), due to the immense plotline. I love reading about the shape of a house, the color of hair, the grains of the wood, etc. This would be lovely to pass time with. It is a rather slow read, even for how wonderful it is, so it is easy to savor.
5) The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide: Five Complete Novels and One Story: I own this version, and I love it. It's my sense of humor, it's random, and it is just confusing enough in parts to make it another savory book. Read it twice in my life, and I plan on reading it a few more times :)

Those are my choices. I obviously would have gone with a book on edible plants or survival guides, but for the purposes of this game, those are not allowed. You don't have to detail you books as much as I did either, but I thought I would give you a glimpse into me, my personality, and now that you've seen it, you can never go back :winkwink:

Have fun!!!

I looooove to read but lots of times it is trashy romance novels. I do read some decent books:

1). Hunger Games.... So cliche these days and all the rage but I looooved it. And the first one is the best.

2). Divergent... Another dystopian novel, but again really good. It is a trilogy as well but the first was great.

3). Fifty shades of grey. I can't believe I am saying this! But it is one of the only books I have read more than once. Such a good raunchy book. Hehe

4). Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Very different from everything else on this list but such an in depth novel with so many characters. Just SO good.

5). Gone Girl. Such a riveting novel. If you haven't read it, get it now!

Don't feel embarrassed about Hunger Games. It is such a great book, and it is really enjoyable. I also love the first one the most (mainly because I was left like this :nope: after the last one haha)!!!

Raunchy is ok too. You are stuck on a desert island. You need a little nasty to get you through the days hahah :winkwink:

So I still haven't had a positive OPK and it is CD14. I usually O by now, but I guess I am just being impatient!

Me too. Mine isn't set for another 4 days (bd starting tomorrow, most likely to catch that whole window), but I am way too excited :blush:. First-timers joy, I guess. I'm starting to experience mittelschmerz, moodiness, some arousal, increase in cm but not ewcm... Should be tomorrow or the day after, but feeling unsure about waiting. Feeling like we should bd tonight as a precaution. My cramping is pretty strong right now. Hmmm?!!?!? What to do?!?!

You cycle looks like it is about to spike up. You have the EWCM, the low temp, and homework. Are BDing tonight to cover yourself if you ovulate a bit later than you expect?

AAAAHHH!! Getting so frustrated!! No AF and no BFP! I keep thinking AF is coming, run to the washroom and then nothing. It must be coming any day now though. I felt wet for the last two days..down there..:blush:..but since this afternoon its been totally dry. My mind is going crazy thinking about what is going on. I don't know when AF was due, but based on when I O'd, it should be between 21-23rd. I'm super irregular so I was super excited when I O'd on CD12....or maybe I didn't O...no..I felt all the symptoms and had a positive OPK so I had to O....right? More thigh pain right now and a bbs are a little sore and slight cramping. I also started getting a migraine again today. It really sucks that I can't take my migraine medication while ttc. Its ok because AF has to show sometime and DH and I can just keep BDing every other day until she shows up:happydance:.

Princesskell! I hope AF doesn't show up. I'm keeping my FX'd that its implatation!!

Ok, my 5 books:

1. The hobbit: I read this book in elementary school and it has been one of my favourite books ever since. I loved the whole adventure part of it. Oh, and the cute little riddles! I've reread that book a few times and still don't get tired of it!

2. The Hunger Games: I only read this because I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie (I still haven't watched the movie) and loved it. The first one is definitely the best!

3. Wicked: I'm not sure why I loved this book, but I grew up watching The Wizard of Oz and love it. My friend recommended the book so I decided to read it. It is super weird and there were a few parts that I thought were completely unnecessary and kind of messed up in the book, but strangely I enjoyed it. The author has a strange take on the story. I found out they made it into a musical and would love to see it one day!

4. Something Borrowed: Books are always better than the movie. This is just a fun, cute girlie book!

5. Anything written by Nora Roberts: Because who doesn't love a good raunchy romance novel!!!

I'm so going out to get the books you all chose. I need more books to keep my mind off this whole ttc thing right now!!

I'm sorry, princesskell, but remember, as you have said before: You are not out until af comes. Keeping good thoughts for you! :hugs:

On my O news, nothing new. Haven't Oed yet, but am experiencing a little wave of emotion. I usually get it this time, and it was enhanced by wanting to have another child and us not being in a position to be able to. Now we are here, so I wasn't expecting to have this mild downer feeling. Just a little blue. Not sad, not depressed, just a little on the weepy side. I am glad I paid attention because just knowing that it is O coming soon made me feel better. Always better knowing. It's disappearing as I write this :) Thought I would share that though. If you get pms-like moodiness with O, you are not alone :hugs:

I think we are BDing tomorrow on out, so I have that to look forward to. I am excited to be in this part of it! Feels good being able to do something more than just count down haha
so good to make a full picture of what happens each month.
I'm pretty sure this is af unfortunately:nope:

So I still haven't had a positive OPK and it is CD14. I usually O by now, but I guess I am just being impatient!
come on o!! Bet dh is enjoying the wait though:winkwink:

Me too. Mine isn't set for another 4 days (bd starting tomorrow, most likely to catch that whole window), but I am way too excited :blush:. First-timers joy, I guess. I'm starting to experience mittelschmerz, moodiness, some arousal, increase in cm but not ewcm... Should be tomorrow or the day after, but feeling unsure about waiting. Feeling like we should bd tonight as a precaution. My cramping is pretty strong right now. Hmmm?!!?!? What to do?!?!

You cycle looks like it is about to spike up. You have the EWCM, the low temp, and homework. Are BDing tonight to cover yourself if you ovulate a bit later than you expect?
good luck tigermom, this is the most fun bit!!

AAAAHHH!! Getting so frustrated!! No AF and no BFP! I keep thinking AF is coming, run to the washroom and then nothing. It must be coming any day now though. I felt wet for the last two days..down there..:blush:..but since this afternoon its been totally dry. My mind is going crazy thinking about what is going on. I don't know when AF was due, but based on when I O'd, it should be between 21-23rd. I'm super irregular so I was super excited when I O'd on CD12....or maybe I didn't O...no..I felt all the symptoms and had a positive OPK so I had to O....right? More thigh pain right now and a bbs are a little sore and slight cramping. I also started getting a migraine again today. It really sucks that I can't take my migraine medication while ttc. Its ok because AF has to show sometime and DH and I can just keep BDing every other day until she shows up:happydance:.

Princesskell! I hope AF doesn't show up. I'm keeping my FX'd that its implatation!!
a friend on my journal reminded me she had 2 weeks of spotting before she got her bfp, drs told her it was normal and implantation bleeding...I sill have hope for you :hugs:

I'm pretty sure this is af. It threw me being 2 days early and starting at night which is unusual, but hey :shrug:
I'm fine about it, I really wasn't expecting it to be as easy this time and it will mean its better for working a full academic year, it will mean F has me for longer and it gives me more time to get ready for being pg again :winkwink: it is also good for my holiday as I have started 2 days early the witch should be gone a bit earlier too, so it might give us a bit of time for early cycle 2 dtd'ing on holiday :winkwink: :happydance:
Looking for the positives! Oh and I haven't really had any pms and cramps are not too bad so all good!
Any more news from anyone else today? :hugs:

Ok, my 5 books:

1. The hobbit: I read this book in elementary school and it has been one of my favourite books ever since. I loved the whole adventure part of it. Oh, and the cute little riddles! I've reread that book a few times and still don't get tired of it!

2. The Hunger Games: I only read this because I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie (I still haven't watched the movie) and loved it. The first one is definitely the best!

3. Wicked: I'm not sure why I loved this book, but I grew up watching The Wizard of Oz and love it. My friend recommended the book so I decided to read it. It is super weird and there were a few parts that I thought were completely unnecessary and kind of messed up in the book, but strangely I enjoyed it. The author has a strange take on the story. I found out they made it into a musical and would love to see it one day!

4. Something Borrowed: Books are always better than the movie. This is just a fun, cute girlie book!

5. Anything written by Nora Roberts: Because who doesn't love a good raunchy romance novel!!!

I'm so going out to get the books you all chose. I need more books to keep my mind off this whole ttc thing right now!!

I love Nora Roberts! So cheezy, so predictable, but SO good!

I gave DH a night off from BD last night. haha. We both didn't feel that well/had unsettled tummies, something we had for dinner we think. Plus, since my O might be later than usual I don't want to wear him out, and want to make sure he has time to replenish his strong swimmers! haha. I plan on every other day until I finally get a positive OPK, then go till O! haha. It seems like I really should get a positive OPK soon... temps still low, it's late for me, having EWCM. This is strange for my usual textbook cycles. Just when I think I have things figured out, my body changes. :wacko:

Sounds like good symptoms to me! FX!!!!!

Yeah, weird news :wacko:

Took my temperature, and it was an ovulation drop-type of temp, and I freaked out. We were supposed to have roughly the next 3 days to dtd before that spike on Monday. I attacked my dh :twisted: in case it wasn't a fluke-temp and today was ovulation. I worried that we wasted all the other days of trying.

He enjoyed his am bd. After I rested in bed before my alarm for about 30 minutes, I took another temp. It was right in line with the others. We were already planning on dtd tonight, so I might just have to *clears throat, looks around suspiciously* jump him again :blush:

I would love to post my chart in my footnote/signature area to get your opinions, but I will have to figure it out. I planned on charting the low temp and holding on to the higher (but average) temp. If tomorrow spikes up, I will know today was O, but if tomorrow is also in line, I can just place that new temp in the spot. The reason I tested the second time is that I never experienced ewcm yet, this would make my cycle 22 days, and I am regular enough that I wouldn't expect such an irregularly short one to happen, AND I was tossing and turning for quite some time before I just decided to temp. :(

We conceived our first with just a one-time afternoon-delight daytime-quicky nooner haha (didn't know which one to choose, so I put them all down). I know we are capable of catching that egg on the day of O (I should have realized that was why I was so aroused... oops teehee), so I am not totally bummed and sad if today ends up being O. However, we weren't trying then. We were relaxed and not putting pressure on it. I was just looking forward to having my husband enjoy this process, and "hey! Wanna do it?" at 6am :)haha: sadly, a direct quote from me) probably wasn't what he was expecting. :blush:

I'm starting a journal today to really dive into this, my ssx (signs and symptoms haha sorry, medical school jargon is just habit), just don't know how to. Do I just start a thread in the TTC journal area, and I post something new each day under my own thread? Do I start a new thread every day? I haven't been in there enough to have seen a pattern. Checking it out.

I am lucky that even though we weren't TTC until this month, I have a few other months of temping (so I could Rx myself some Chinese herbs and correct any non-ideal patterns) to refer back to. I noticed that I tend to have a pre-ovulation dip, usually 3-4 days before. Not sure if that is a true BBT dip or 3-4 days prior to O, I just don't sleep well from the hormones preparing to shift?!?!? This might be in line with those, but for now, I am treating it as a cruddy O with no ewcm yet.

I didn't mean for this to be so long, but you lovely ladies know me well enough by now to know I am a talker

:help::dohh:

Oooo yey for starting a journal tiger!
Just go to the ttc journals page and click on new thread you can title it what you wish and write about anything related to your life and ttc journey. People will hopefully read and stalk you and reply to your posts to follow you.
Have you found your subscriptions list which show all threads you have posted on? Helps you to keep up with new posts. Anyone who stalks you will be notified on their subscriptions when you have put a new entry then they an read it. Does this make sense??
Then put a link to your journal in your ticker, people can click straight to it :coffee:

Thanks!!!

The journal is up!!! I am leaving work, so I don't have time to update my ticker, but I absolutely will once I get home!!!

Here's the first entry. A very long-winded intro. I will post again today with my symptoms as of yet. That's what I plan on doing. A daily log to keep track of what is my normal, etc.

Thanks for the inspiration. It felt good getting it out and knowing that I can refer to it later if/when I need :hugs:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/2045017-ttc-sea-monkey-2-symptoms-more.html

Hi ladies! 17 dpo today and still no AF. I'm keep thinking she's almost here. Maybe I O'd a few days later than I thought which would mean I missed my window. I left a couple days after my peak for 4 days to visit my mom (she had just got out of hospital). I'm okay with that. I'm just worried because I have such irregular periods that it might take way longer to get pregnant. DH is okay with it taking longer so I should be too. I know I need to relax and let it happen, but I just want to be pregnant already!! Trying to stay calm and keep my mind off of ttc :laundry::dishes: :hangwashing: :iron: .....okay, I'm done. I just want AF to show up so we can get BDing!!

The wait is the worst. Each wait! Argh!!

I hope you don't get af, but if you do, I hope she doesn't play any games. I need to keep my mind off of my random temp today, but I am so tired from not sleeping. :sleep:

Should be washing clothes and more, but I cannot... too... tired.

I am glad that your mom is better. I read your journal. Sorry about the rare diagnosis, but it sounds like she is doing better?!?!

Sending love

Hi ladies! 17 dpo today and still no AF. I'm keep thinking she's almost here. Maybe I O'd a few days later than I thought which would mean I missed my window. I left a couple days after my peak for 4 days to visit my mom (she had just got out of hospital). I'm okay with that. I'm just worried because I have such irregular periods that it might take way longer to get pregnant. DH is okay with it taking longer so I should be too. I know I need to relax and let it happen, but I just want to be pregnant already!! Trying to stay calm and keep my mind off of ttc :laundry::dishes: :hangwashing: :iron: .....okay, I'm done. I just want AF to show up so we can get BDing!!

Sorry for your limbo Hope :hugs: it does sound a lot like my first bfp. I had no idea when my o had been if I'd even had one and I was just waiting for af. I'd tested and seen bfn, but thought I was on like cd57 so just waiting and waiting for ad. It turned out a little spotting earlier in the month had been an af and I has been dtd'ing during fertile time and I eventually got a bfp.
I hope you get some answers soon, I know it's the waiting that is hardest.

I'm on cd 2 now and af is being kind. I'm away on holiday today for a week so may not be on as much. We are taking my iPad for F on the plane so I may be able to check in a bit. Lots of :dust: and good luck to you all. Hoping for lots of good news when I'm back :hugs:

Hope, I hope AF did not arrive yet. How is your mom doing doing? I hope she is doing ok. It's never fun visiting your parents in the hospital. Even after they are out of the hospital you still worry. :hugs:

Tigermom, I am happy that you have a journal now, I am going to be your new stalker now!

Princesskell, I hope you have fun on your holiday! AT least AF is being kind. FX that next month will be your month.

It seems like AF is about to stop which I am happy about!! Yay! I think AF will be done tomorrow. So far ever since August I have been having short AF's. I am not complaining since when I was on the pill or before the pill, AF used to last for 7 days which was a headache! I hope AF will always stay at least 4 to 5 days. Today, I will be cleaning up and probably catching up on my shows.

Hi ladies! Just checking in after being Mia for a few days. Still feeling poorly and really tired, so fed up now and just want to get better.

Momwife that's good news that af is nearly done and you can start with your bding for this new cycle! :dust:

Princess sorry to hear af got you. I was sure you were preggo already! Hopefully she doesn't stay long and you can start bding at the end of your holiday. Like tiger says its so much better to know and get on with the next cycle quickly isn't it. Have an amazing holiday!! We will miss you this week, where are you going? Enjoy the sunshine!! X

Tiger your impromptu hitting on dh first thing this morning made me lol!! Do you temp orally? I found I got too many random dips when I did it that way when ttc my dd so I switched to vsginally. Felt a bit weird but was much more reliable. Well if its o day for you I hope you've caught that egg! You could be in your tww now!!

Hope - I really hope you get some answers soon, ideally your bfp!! The waiting sucks, hopefully you are keeping busy anyway having a good weekend. :dust:

Afm I should ov soon. With my dd I oved on cd20 and that month was the only time I've ever temped so its the only indicator I've got to go on. I'm using opks but I've never had a + so it's hard to know! We are bding every other day anyway and will keep going till well after cd20 to be sure!! I like this bit of the cycle!

Have lovely weekends ladies. I'm so sorry if I've missed anything or anyone out, I'm still feeling all cloudy and poorly. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->