TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

I do love this thread, very positive!

Mrs W are cycles are so close! I think I will O today. Another OPK this AM very dark. Temp jumped this morning but NOT to cover line which is interesting/weird for me. Just an odd cycle for me. No BD last night as hubs stayed up to watch the World Series and I was out like a light. Hoping for this afternoon or tonight.

I tend to POAS for OPKs right before my usual O day twice a day until I see less faint positives, then I even do three times sometimes. Ido to want to miss my surge since my DH doesn't like the pressure, I like to know when I need to pressure him anyway.

Princess: Happy Anniversary! What a fun way to celebrate it. A normal luteal phase is anywhere from 10-16 days, I believe. Each person can vary from one person to another, but each person's should be roughly the same for each cycle. Mittelschmerz (German for "middle pain") is the term for ovulation pain. Only a small amount of women feel it, and it is usually mostly on the side of ovulation. It can range from a little "gurgling" to severe discomfort. I'm happily in the middle :)

Twinklie: I bet he likes the pressure, secretly :winkwink: :haha:

Mrs W: Thank you. It is a very lovely house, but there's so much space to clean haha. We are a multigenerational household, so we have shared work, but the in-laws are gone now, so we do all the cleaning!

Quote of the day: Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it. -Samuel Butler

:kiss:

Hello ladies!!! I'm sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I just got a little frustrated and had to take a break to calm myself down. I've realized that my body got all prepared to ovulate and then didn't. I should have known since my cycles are so irregular. I used OPKs and had the whole mittelschmerz thing and ewcm, but I've read that your body can get all ready and then change its mind at the last minute.:cry:
Just to clarify, I still have no AF!! I haven't done a pregnancy test since Friday. I've decided to just test once a week every Friday. Lucky for me, DH and I have kept BDing every other day or every day. I haven't even been pushing it. DH has just been all over me lately! :happydance: I don't know if its because he knows we're trying now or just because, but its all goood!! We've only missed the 4 days I was visiting my mom. She is doing well by the way. Thanks for asking! She just has 40% heart function right now so she can't do anything strenuous. Hopefully, it will get better.

Happy Anniversary Princess!!! What I've seen in pics of Dubai, it is beautiful!!
I'm glad to see everyone else is doing well!

Hello ladies!!! I'm sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I just got a little frustrated and had to take a break to calm myself down. I've realized that my body got all prepared to ovulate and then didn't. I should have known since my cycles are so irregular. I used OPKs and had the whole mittelschmerz thing and ewcm, but I've read that your body can get all ready and then change its mind at the last minute.:cry:
Just to clarify, I still have no AF!! I haven't done a pregnancy test since Friday. I've decided to just test once a week every Friday. Lucky for me, DH and I have kept BDing every other day or every day. I haven't even been pushing it. DH has just been all over me lately! :happydance: I don't know if its because he knows we're trying now or just because, but its all goood!! We've only missed the 4 days I was visiting my mom. She is doing well by the way. Thanks for asking! She just has 40% heart function right now so she can't do anything strenuous. Hopefully, it will get better.

Happy Anniversary Princess!!! What I've seen in pics of Dubai, it is beautiful!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

With so much going on, it is ok to need a break. I am glad you are back though! Glad you mom is on the mend too! Keep us posted on anything new on you and your mom:flower:

Thank you everyone!
Thanks for the info Tiger :thumbup: So how many people live in your house right now? It sounds great!

Good idea to take a breather Hope. Sorry things a frustrating. I hope things become clearer for you soon, but yes the best thing is to keep as calm and happy as you can, keep bd'ing and leave everything in God's hands or fate, whichever you believe in more! Xxx

Hope - how smart of you to just take a break when your mind/body needs it. It's all connected so you have to just listen to what everything is telling you. I't so easy for us to become obsessed and feel a sense of urgency. Enjoy your DH being very into the BD-ing! haha. :)

I am still waiting on my O... I wonder if I will be like you, all the symptoms and no O. This is like 4 days later than my latest ever O. I had all of the symptoms and positive OPKs. If I don't O today I will be completely confused.

So sorry to hear about your mom, I will say a little prayer for her and your family. Stay strong and know we are thinking of you!

Thank you everyone!
Thanks for the info Tiger :thumbup: So how many people live in your house right now? It sounds great!

Good idea to take a breather Hope. Sorry things a frustrating. I hope things become clearer for you soon, but yes the best thing is to keep as calm and happy as you can, keep bd'ing and leave everything in God's hands or fate, whichever you believe in more! Xxx

It's my husband, myself, our son, and my MIL and FIL. It's only five, but sometimes it feels like much more. We haven't always got along, but we are working on that. It takes many women years of therapy to realize that one of the biggest factors in conflicts with their MIL is that... BUM BUM BUUUUUUMM!!!... We are exactly alike. I didn't have to go to therapy to learn this. There are some differences (I think because of our age gap) that definitely define us, but the similarities are terrible. haha :haha:

I wanted to ask this lovely thread a question.

Since my dh and I have started trying, I have been fighting something in the back of my head, and I don't think it will be good for conception. My friend has been TTC for a year, and she is in our church circle as well, so she has been bombarded with all of these new pregnancy announcements. She knows we are TTC as well, but two days ago, she just told me that she wanted to cry with the newest announcement.

She got upset with that person (on the inside) and is tired of pretending to smile at each one. :( I am nervous about conceiving before her, but her and her hubby are both struggling with pretty severe fertility problems. To top it off, they are not really taking care of those changes in their bodies at all. I'd love to treat them because I know that they are not wanting to do IVF or anything else along those lines, but they live too far away to come in for treatment (I've offered).

If I do get a :bfp:, what should I do? Do I wait a few months to tell her? Do I tell her and also tell her that she doesn't need to pretend to be happy because I understand that it is frustrating to look around at everyone else getting pregnant? What to do?

It isn't making me sad or anything, but it is just enough of a thought in my head that I am worried it will subconsciously prevent a pregnancy in myself. Cheesy and totally weird, I know. I just want to make sure that from the start of conception, I am surrounding myself with only positive things, if I can help it.

What is everyone up to? Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!!:kiss:

Thank you everyone!

It's my husband, myself, our son, and my MIL and FIL. It's only five, but sometimes it feels like much more. We haven't always got along, but we are working on that. It takes many women years of therapy to realize that one of the biggest factors in conflicts with their MIL is that... BUM BUM BUUUUUUMM!!!... We are exactly alike. I didn't have to go to therapy to learn this. There are some differences (I think because of our age gap) that definitely define us, but the similarities are terrible. haha :haha:

I wanted to ask this lovely thread a question.

Since my dh and I have started trying, I have been fighting something in the back of my head, and I don't think it will be good for conception. My friend has been TTC for a year, and she is in our church circle as well, so she has been bombarded with all of these new pregnancy announcements. She knows we are TTC as well, but two days ago, she just told me that she wanted to cry with the newest announcement.

She got upset with that person (on the inside) and is tired of pretending to smile at each one. :( I am nervous about conceiving before her, but her and her hubby are both struggling with pretty severe fertility problems. To top it off, they are not really taking care of those changes in their bodies at all. I'd love to treat them because I know that they are not wanting to do IVF or anything else along those lines, but they live too far away to come in for treatment (I've offered).

If I do get a :bfp:, what should I do? Do I wait a few months to tell her? Do I tell her and also tell her that she doesn't need to pretend to be happy because I understand that it is frustrating to look around at everyone else getting pregnant? What to do?

It isn't making me sad or anything, but it is just enough of a thought in my head that I am worried it will subconsciously prevent a pregnancy in myself. Cheesy and totally weird, I know. I just want to make sure that from the start of conception, I am surrounding myself with only positive things, if I can help it.

What is everyone up to? Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!!:kiss:

Living with the in laws... god bless you tiger! haha. Similarities do tend to cause the msot conflicts, funny how that works huh?

As to your little dilemma, I would say wait a few weeks after you know at least, and then tell her and do just as you said, let her know that you understand this is probably upsetting to her and you feel for her, and don't need her to put on a happy face, it's ok if she is upset. Just be sure you also tell some friends that can truly celebrate with you so that you can stay upbeat!

So here is a little update on me... the waiting for ovulation saga! And usually my cycles are like clockwork... hmph.

I am on CD 18, still no O. I usually O between CD 12 and 15. I did have a chemical/early MC last cycle, which might be messing with my cycle this time around.

I got EWCM CD13 - 16. Maybe EWCM on CD 17 as well, was busy going to a football game with DH and friends and didn't get a chance to really check. I got poisitve OPKs CD 15 (pm) through morning of CD 17 (yesterday AM). My temps shot up a bit on CD 17, but NOT to cover line, and another slight increase in temp this morning, CD18. Perhaps I will O today??? The wait is killing me... mostly I worry we will be so tired and won't BD on the optimum day. I hate to have regret about not BD-ing, but we are starting to feel worn out! haha

I'm sorry! That must be tough. At least you and the hubby are making the most of these uncertain times. You are staying positive, bd'ing lots, and seem to really be staying happy. Good for you! :hugs:

Thank you for the advice. I think I will try it. Her af is due next week, she said, so I am hoping it doesn't show its face and it's all a non-issue. I am always sending her positive thoughts and :dust:

I'm sorry! That must be tough. At least you and the hubby are making the most of these uncertain times. You are staying positive, bd'ing lots, and seem to really be staying happy. Good for you! :hugs:

Thank you for the advice. I think I will try it. Her af is due next week, she said, so I am hoping it doesn't show its face and it's all a non-issue. I am always sending her positive thoughts and :dust:

Thanks Tiger. We will see what tomorrow's temp brings! For now I should just try not to think about it, but that seems impossible. For once I SO look forward to being in the TWW!

Hello everyone!! I think I'm starting to get another LH surge. Not sure, but I've had SHOW since last night and ewcm. I also felt some mittelschmerzy stuff today on my right side (it was on the left when I had the last surge). I'm just keeping up the BD and checking opk. Not getting a fully positive opk yet, but it seems to be darker than yesterday. Who knows, but we're just going to keep BDing and testing once a week! Keeping up hope and trying to stay calm.:thumbup:

Tigermom, I can't believe you live with your in-laws! :saywhat: You are a strong lady! I don't think I would last a day! Also, I agree with Twinklie that you should tell your friend when you get pregnant and make sure she knows that its ok if she's not totally happy for you.

Twinklie, it sounds like you'll be Oing very soon! I hope you get confirmation tomorrow!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

So you can see in my chart, my temp finally jumped! FF says I ovulated on CD 16. To me it looks like I ovulated on CD 18. Either way we BD-ed well so I am just so happy to be in the TWW !

Tiger I agree with Twinklie. When you get your bfp, I would be really honest with her. She will be pleased for YOU but sad again for HERSELF but that cannot stop you feeling joy? I hope she has her own happy announcement very soon. Have you helped a lot of people with fertility issues?

Twinklie...yey for o...finally! And I'm so glad either way there is no regrets about bd'ing! Right TWW for you too now!

Hope keep going! Bet youre shattered this cycle!!

I got my :bfp: today at 9dpo!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Wooooooohhhoooooooo!
First bfp on the Conkers thread...I knew it would be a lucky one and I bet this is the start of many!

Congratulations Jokerette...how do you feel?? Have you told dh? Have you worked out a edd yet? Questions questions!!

I will go update the front page with the start of the bfp's and edd's. Will you be finding out the gender Jokerette? And let us know your scan dates when you have them then we can all keep up! Woohoo!
Happy bfp and a h&h pregnancy for you xxxxxx

Hello everyone!! I think I'm starting to get another LH surge. Not sure, but I've had SHOW since last night and ewcm. I also felt some mittelschmerzy stuff today on my right side (it was on the left when I had the last surge). I'm just keeping up the BD and checking opk. Not getting a fully positive opk yet, but it seems to be darker than yesterday. Who knows, but we're just going to keep BDing and testing once a week! Keeping up hope and trying to stay calm.:thumbup:

Tigermom, I can't believe you live with your in-laws! :saywhat: You are a strong lady! I don't think I would last a day! Also, I agree with Twinklie that you should tell your friend when you get pregnant and make sure she knows that its ok if she's not totally happy for you.

Twinklie, it sounds like you'll be Oing very soon! I hope you get confirmation tomorrow!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Hope, it sounds like O is coming to me! I hope so. Nice work keeping up with the BD-ing. FX!!!! :dust:

So you can see in my chart, my temp finally jumped! FF says I ovulated on CD 16. To me it looks like I ovulated on CD 18. Either way we BD-ed well so I am just so happy to be in the TWW !

I almost think you ovulated CD18... maybe FF will change cross hairs as time goes on. Either way you definitely ovulated and you covered your bases BDing as well. FX :dust:

I got my :bfp: today at 9dpo!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Wooooooohhhoooooooo!
First bfp on the Conkers thread...I knew it would be a lucky one and I bet this is the start of many!

Congratulations Jokerette...how do you feel?? Have you told dh? Have you worked out a edd yet? Questions questions!!

I will go update the front page with the start of the bfp's and edd's. Will you be finding out the gender Jokerette? And let us know your scan dates when you have them then we can all keep up! Woohoo!
Happy bfp and a h&h pregnancy for you xxxxxx

I feel so happy and giddy and excited! I cant wait to test again tomorrow!!
I told DH... i had DS#1 walk in and wake him up wearing a "Big Brother" tshirt! He was so happy! He hugged us both so tight! Then he asked DS1 if he wanted to be a big brother and DS said "no", LOL!

Yes, we will find out the gender. Last time we did a pinkorblue blood test at like 9 weeks so i will probbaly do that again! I wanted to be surprised, but DH, wants to know, so i might as well find out nice and early :) I have no preference of pink or blue, so i will be thrilled either way!

My EDD is July 13, 2014! :)

Good luck to all you ladies! this is LUCKY THREAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->