TTC newbie, how do you temp?

kezzaside

Reaction score
Help!! How do you temp and how often and what temp? Xxx

www.fertilityfriend.com

You will find everything you need to know there. Also when you take your temp, the site will tell you when you ovulated automatically based on your temps. It's awesome. I use the free version and its great. The website will also teach you how! Good luck!

Some unasked for advice, but here goes anyway.

I was such a fool starting to temp....I went and bought a very expensive Dige EAR thermometer....bigger joke ever. It does not work. I failed dismally, then I failed my second try to as I got a thermometer going to only .1 decimal.

Try get a thermometer for ovulation or fertility if you can or at least a normal digi that goes x.xx (2 decimals) That will help you so much.

The second most important for me was the time. Take your temp a the same time every day..dont skip...you will get used to it quickly. (it took DH only about 2 weeks to get used to me and the light and the beep of the digi.

Good luck and once you in it...its GREAT!

And like CJ1990 said, use Fertility Friend....its great with loads of info and make use of the one month free subscription..you will learn everything and more.

GL

Some unasked for advice, but here goes anyway.

I was such a fool starting to temp....I went and bought a very expensive Dige EAR thermometer....bigger joke ever. It does not work. I failed dismally, then I failed my second try to as I got a thermometer going to only .1 decimal.

Try get a thermometer for ovulation or fertility if you can or at least a normal digi that goes x.xx (2 decimals) That will help you so much.

The second most important for me was the time. Take your temp a the same time every day..dont skip...you will get used to it quickly. (it took DH only about 2 weeks to get used to me and the light and the beep of the digi.

Good luck and once you in it...its GREAT!

And like CJ1990 said, use Fertility Friend....its great with loads of info and make use of the one month free subscription..you will learn everything and more.

GL

The above is great advice!

1.) Make sure you're taking your temperature at the same time. Also, utilize the same method (mouth, vaginal, etc.) each time.
2.) Use a digital Basal thermometer - you don't need an expensive one.
3.) Enter your information into Fertility Friend.

Track your cervical mucous as well and Fertility Friend will mark your ovulation date. If you utilize OPKs or saliva (fern) testing, you can enter that too and it will all help mark your O date, though the temperature is the most important factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->