ttc number 5

Hi, just want to say not forgotten about u all, not long in from work so will catch up with u all tomorrow x

Welcome wannabubba! I will be 40 this year too. DH just turned 51.

We don't tell anyone we're TTC either. No reason to hear the negativity when you're trying. And it's much easier to tell them to kiss your foot when you're already pregnant or holding your baby, at least for me anyway.

I'm hoping to get time to do the quiz soon. Work has been crazy this past couple weeks.

We have a DD 31, DD 29, DS 20, DD 17, DS 14, DD 10, DS 10, DS 4, just the last 5 still at home.

We get to start trying as soon as AF comes and goes. I've been taking prenatals, fish oil, coQ10, and calcium for the past 3 months. DH has been taking his usual vitamins, fish oil and coQ10.

Coffee/caffeine sways for boys??

So happy to have all of you to talk to this time around! It can be so hard to find others who understand or feel the same way we do. Wishing all of us a :bfp: really soon!

Hi, going off subject here but do you get people comment about the age gap? We sometimes do but more so now we are ttc, as people like to point out how old hubby is!! Which really annoys me and for this reason I wish id not told people we are ttc.
I have not heard the coffee thing before, I drink coffee but hubby does not drink any hot drinks.
I am so happy we are all in the same boat as well! It's so nice to talk to others without being judged x

I really haven't had many comments on the age gap. DH used to get them when we were younger. If he still does, he doesn't mention it anymore. The only thing I have heard from him recently is something like..."That's what you get for marrying someone so much younger than you" or something like that. He just tells them it keeps him young.

We don't tell anyone we're TTC either. No reason to hear the negativity when you're trying. And it's much easier to tell them to kiss your foot when you're already pregnant or holding your baby, at least for me anyway.

Lol - I have already been looking at ways to tell all the doubting Thomas's lol -thought of a t-shirt for my 2yo saying ' Oops ! they've done it again... I am going to be a big brother ' :haha::haha:.

Looking for interesting ways to tell DH too - any ideas?? -only thing I can come up with is the bun in the oven scenario (putting a bun in the oven and when he come in from work saying 'look what we are cooking') xxx

Lol - I have already been looking at ways to tell all the doubting Thomas's lol -thought of a t-shirt for my 2yo saying ' Oops ! they've done it again... I am going to be a big brother ' :haha::haha:.

Looking for interesting ways to tell DH too - any ideas?? -only thing I can come up with is the bun in the oven scenario (putting a bun in the oven and when he come in from work saying 'look what we are cooking') xxx

Ohhh...I like the idea of the shirt! That would be so cute. I'll have to think of something like that too.

I've also been wondering about a cool way to tell DH. I googled "how to tell your husband your pregnant" the other day, and there are so many cute ideas! With the last one, I think I just sent him a picture of the pregnancy test. Back then he went to work way earlier than me, and I couldn't wait till he got home to tell him...too impatient. Lol.

Oh...and AF just showed up, so we get to start trying in a few days! :happydance:

:wacko:Trying to upload a pic of the t-shirt :wacko: but its not working -- anyway from a website called zazzle.co.uk and less than £10

:thumbup:

With my last pregnancy, I told DH like this ( I had not told him I was testing, he would rather not know if I am testing way before AF is even late lol)

Driving home from picking him up from work -boys in the back of the car,
DH says 'So did you have a good day babe?
ME - 'Yeah okay!' Didn't want to tell him in the car with the boys there lol
DH 'Only okay?? What happened?'
ME - 'Nothing bad'
DH -'Nothing bad, well then that's positive'

Then I couldn't help myself lol -turned to him and said
'Yes babe, Definitely POSITIVE with a HUGE grin on my face lol

He got it right away!! :happydance::happydance:

It was so cool, the look on his face was priceless :cloud9::cloud9:

xxx

Attachments

• designall.jpg
    designall.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2
Morning everyone.
I am loving the T.shirt idea! I think I will have to buy one of those when it happens.
My hubby is usually with me when I test but because I am a POAS addict he now usually just lets me get on with it as we are so used to it being negative, I would quite like to do something nice for when I tell him this time as it's our last.
So where is everyone cycle wise? My AF is just coming to an end so will start jumping on hubby tomorrow I think! x

Morning everyone.
I am loving the T.shirt idea! I think I will have to buy one of those when it happens.
My hubby is usually with me when I test but because I am a POAS addict he now usually just lets me get on with it as we are so used to it being negative, I would quite like to do something nice for when I tell him this time as it's our last.
So where is everyone cycle wise? My AF is just coming to an end so will start jumping on hubby tomorrow I think! x

Lol....I am cycle day 7. Dtd last night and probably thinking every other night should be alright. Really excited to see if we get a bfp soon. xxxx

Morning everyone.

Lol....I am cycle day 7. Dtd last night and probably thinking every other night should be alright. Really excited to see if we get a bfp soon. xxxx

Good luck. I am going to try and DTD every night from tomorrow but doubt I will manage it as I sometimes get in from work late and just want to sleep when I get in! But I am off over the weekend so could get some morning sessions in :)
Fingers crossed for us all x

I am CD 20/ 21 - had real light spotting on the first day and am never sure if that s CD1 or not lol -not sure about Ovulation dates (last pregnancy I temped and used FF and conceived after ovulating CD9 - So anything from 12DPO to 5DPO I s'pose) BD'd daily from CD 7 thru to CD 18 (DH and I were both on holiday from work thankfully, as DH works loooong days and I work shifts so would never have managed that otherwise lol)

POAS on Monday (crazy lady I know!!! But I was having loads of symptoms and thought maybe just maybe) BFN!! Obviously :dohh: lol. And now I feel symptomless, so there you go - that's me (sorry a bit of a ramble lmao)

Maybe going to test Monday again, but might just wait until AF actually late (you know the old fashioned way:winkwink:)

good luck to us all BFP's please!!

I am on CD 15 today, with loads of cramping... not really sure why I am having them but I am. One of my friends just thinks that they are O pains but my temp rose two days in a row. So I am sure I O'd two days ago. Hoping I haven't an infection of some sort. Guess I will POAS in 10 Days or so to see what is going on.

Hello, im just popping into say hi! Im 33 and ttc #5 in total for dh and i. I have a 14yo ds from a previous relationship, dh has a 13yo dd(whom we rarely see due to distance and his ex and he also has an 12yo dd (another women -he wasnt too careful when he was younger - who we have joint custody of and we finally had "our dd" shes 3. I love that my ds and dsd are 2.5 yrs apart and i really want dd to have a playmate:) plus dh realllly wants a boy! He loves my son and treats him as his own but neither him nor his cousins have boys, so his name will die off:/ i always wanted a big family...so including dsd that we have, this will make 4 at home. Id LOVE to go for one more after this one but ive already had 3 sections ..i had a ds who passed away 6hrs after birth. So a 4th section is already risky. Anyone csection mommies? If so...how many? Ive also had 7 other losses at various stages and age is not in my favor! Def don't need gestational age against me too!

Due to my history so many people think we shouldnt have another. We also are nit rich but if we waited till we were, id be decrepit! So im not really a large family, just hoping to be! I do have all my angels that make me a large family though!

Good luck and i wish you all bfps soon!

:wacko:Trying to upload a pic of the t-shirt :wacko: but its not working -- anyway from a website called zazzle.co.uk and less than £10

:thumbup:

With my last pregnancy, I told DH like this ( I had not told him I was testing, he would rather not know if I am testing way before AF is even late lol)

Driving home from picking him up from work -boys in the back of the car,
DH says 'So did you have a good day babe?
ME - 'Yeah okay!' Didn't want to tell him in the car with the boys there lol
DH 'Only okay?? What happened?'
ME - 'Nothing bad'
DH -'Nothing bad, well then that's positive'

Then I couldn't help myself lol -turned to him and said
'Yes babe, Definitely POSITIVE with a HUGE grin on my face lol

He got it right away!! :happydance::happydance:

It was so cool, the look on his face was priceless :cloud9::cloud9:

xxx

Thanks for the info on the shirt. I love it!

Lol. That turned out to be a cute way to tell him even if it wasn't planned. :)

Morning everyone.

Good luck. I am going to try and DTD every night from tomorrow but doubt I will manage it as I sometimes get in from work late and just want to sleep when I get in! But I am off over the weekend so could get some morning sessions in :)
Fingers crossed for us all x

Good luck to both of you. FX we all get BFPs in May!

I am CD 20/ 21 - had real light spotting on the first day and am never sure if that s CD1 or not lol -not sure about Ovulation dates (last pregnancy I temped and used FF and conceived after ovulating CD9 - So anything from 12DPO to 5DPO I s'pose) BD'd daily from CD 7 thru to CD 18 (DH and I were both on holiday from work thankfully, as DH works loooong days and I work shifts so would never have managed that otherwise lol)

POAS on Monday (crazy lady I know!!! But I was having loads of symptoms and thought maybe just maybe) BFN!! Obviously :dohh: lol. And now I feel symptomless, so there you go - that's me (sorry a bit of a ramble lmao)

Maybe going to test Monday again, but might just wait until AF actually late (you know the old fashioned way:winkwink:)

good luck to us all BFP's please!!

Hoping symptomless is a good sign for you!

Hi Dee -welcome
Sorry about your losses, hope the next bean is a nice sticky bubba for you xxx

See from your sig that your last pregnancy required cervical stitch, does this mean that future pregnancies will too? Did you carry to term with DD ? (sorry if being too nosy, just interested in anything baby related and ttc related ) How long have you been trying?

This is our first cycle -iud was removed only on 3rd April (feels like ages since then haha and its only been just 2weeks OMG!! I need to get a grip lmao)

xx

Hi Dee,

We've talked on other threads a few times. I didn't realize you had a large family too. That's wonderful! I am so sorry for your losses. Hoping your next BFP is the beginning of a H&H 9 months for you and your baby!

Wanna - Lol. I know what ya mean. The closer it got to this month to start trying, the slower it seemed time was moving...even though in all other aspects of life, I've been busy busy.

Hi Dee -welcome
Sorry about your losses, hope the next bean is a nice sticky bubba for you xxx

See from your sig that your last pregnancy required cervical stitch, does this mean that future pregnancies will too? Did you carry to term with DD ? (sorry if being too nosy, just interested in anything baby related and ttc related ) How long have you been trying?

This is our first cycle -iud was removed only on 3rd April (feels like ages since then haha and its only been just 2weeks OMG!! I need to get a grip lmao)

xx

Not nosy at all! I love sharing about my success after so many losses (ds and her are 11yrs apart due to that!) Anyways, yes i haf a stitch. My cervix is "mangled" on the outside but there was enough for the stitch and its fine on the inside. I had 3 LEEPs that burnt away a little bit of cervix each time. We caught it at 19 wks...the shortest they want to see your cervix is 2.5cm long and mine was ecactly 2.5, do given my hx if loss they put the stitch in (a 5 day hosp stay and i was put under). I carried on on bedrest at home until viability at which point i was admitted and lived in the hosp from 24-33 wks...got home dec 16th...right in time for Christmas! During that time my cervix held strong...only at about 32wks did it do down, and only by a hair. It never got below 2cm...which is amazing! They decided to take her. @36 wks to prevent placenta abruption (what caused my ds death ) i went in at 35+5, had an amnio to determine her lung quality (i had gotten 2 rounds of shots while in hospital in case she came very early) and the results were 99% ready! Do they sceduled my section for the next day (first planned one...very weird to have no labor ) and she was born at 36wks at 10:50am weighing a tiny but perfect 5lbs8oz! So no i didnt carry to "term" but i carried as long as they wanted me to....i actually tried to wait one more week but i was talked out if it cuz i just wanted her alive! She has no issues, shes still a peanut but im only 5ft and shes my replica:) i kept the stitch after and its pretty cool to see one of the things that allowed me to finally have another baby!

As far as future pregnancies, yes i will need a stitch but this time it gets put in after a 12 wk u/s confirming hb snd steady growth (out if m/c stage). Its less risky at 12/13 wks too...at 19, there was a chance it could put me in labor! Im much calmer this time since i know what to expect and i have faith in the stitch!!! I havent had any fur work on my cervix so its all the same as it was w/dd:) in fact my pre cancer has gone away!

Ty for asking, sorry so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->