ttc number 5

crysshae My first cycle after my loss was also higher. The next cycle went lower. I think it is normal after a loss to have a bit higher temps.

My morning sickness seems to be leaving me a bit. I wasn't as bothered by on my trip all that much but one bad day. I have been more hungry last night and this morning. I am having more growing pains too. I am also peeing more at night then during the day. Very annoying!!

I was nervous that I gained too much weight out camping but I didn't gain anything. I guess I can handle that. I wasn't paying any attention with my last and gained more than I should have. This time I plan on taking a bit more of an active approach. Pay more attention to what is going into my body.

It's so funny how they can all be so different. Fingers crossed you won't be sick.

Thanks for that info, allforthegirl. I hope it means everything is resetting to a better level. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I gained too much weight with all my pregnancies. It always disappeared pretty fast with breastfeeding though. I've lost 4 pounds since my miscarriage. I'm hoping to lose some more before we start trying again next month.

I gained loads last time too, and am really going to try hard not to this time too lol -early days for that comment tho eh? wait until the only things that stops my MS is chocolate or something haha.

I was so immobile being on crutches last time too, so that obviously never helped -and hope my SPD not as bad this time either

xxx

Lol. That would be my luck.

I'm wishing you don't have to deal with SPD at all. I know it seems it is always inevitable with subsequent pregnancies as I've had it with all but my first. If you do have to deal with it, I pray it's a much milder case for you, especially with all the stretching and such you are doing to help strengthen everything.

I too had some of that SPD, but didn't need to have crutches. With my second it was the worst I think, since I got PG only 7 months after giving birth. It was manageable with my other two. I sure hope you will feel better this time too wannabubba. ;)

My weight with my third or fourth didn't go away even though I was nursing. But that was with early stages of celiacs disease, so my body wouldn't let go of the weight. With my Third after I stopped nursing it all disappeared fast. Not so lucky with my fourth. It wouldn't let go and I have to go on a crazy workout and eating change. But once i stopped that is started to creep all back on LOL I am hoping now that I know what my problem is that I will be able to manage the weight better before and after. That is if I STOP madly craving things with wheat in them!!

Oh, I bet. Have you tried making any of those things you crave with gluten-free flours? You have to kind of study them and figure out which ones work best together, but it does work and tastes the same once you do. I tried a couple of recipes just to see how it worked once.

I have tried to have a burrito with corn tortilla's and it is not the same at all!! Pizza's I can do GF no problem. I do always bring and eat my own bread, but it also doesn't taste the same. I have been not too bad. But the things I do crave are fast food things like burgers or burritos. I haven't wanted them for a while.

The biggest thing is trying to find fast food that i can eat when I don't want to cook.... DH tries but the food he can make really sucks. Bless him I know he tries, but it never seems to do it for me right now. Like an itch you just can't scratch LOL

Oh me too! I love crust free pizza. I will use meat and cheese or vegetables and cheese as a crust. Cauliflower...which I don't like by itself....makes a wonderful pizza crust.

I wonder if there are any easy recipes for making gluten-free flour tortillas. They are such an easy thing to make with regular flour. Maybe they would be easy with other flours. I haven't tried plain bread. I can only imagine it tastes and feels different. I made garlic biscuits and a chocolate cake that turned out remarkably well. Sticking with salads and things like that when choosing fast food would probably get pretty boring...especially if baby wants something else.

Nothing gluten free from scratch is easy to do. You need twice as many ingredients and they don't keep if you do not use them again shortly after. Since I cannot use wheat flour I don't do the baking I used to. So my girl friend always sends some home for the boys.

As for the GF flour tortilla I have tried some but they fall apart and just don't have the same taste or texture. I find it very frustrating that I can't get a good GF burrito. Though when we were in MT there was a mexican restaurant that was authentic and used corn and it was amazing. Just wished they would come to my city so I can have good mexican!!

I have only found one brand of bread that remotely tastes like regular bread. We have two GF bakeries here in town but their bread doesn't taste all that great either. Though the one place makes amazing perogies, the other has the best cupcakes alive. But I avoid that place cause I could easily gain over a pound a week eating those!

Lol. Any kind of cupcakes will get you in trouble. It stinks that it's not easier to do. When I made the cake, it felt like I had 15 different kinds of flour.

I wonder if that Mexican restaurant used masa (like they use for tamales) or something like that....

I think that is what I had the tamales. They were so good!! I didn't have the crazy hot spice, but it was really good. All we have here is Taco Time. We did have a Taco Bell here for a while but it flopped!! We do have a place that makes authentic mexican but only for a few days a week or month cause they fly everything in from mexico. Though you do have to book almost a year in advance for reservations.

yes it usually does take at least 4-5 different flours plus all the other stuff to keep it all together. I don't have the space for everything. Betty Crocker now makes a boxed GF cake that is actually really good. So I usually have a box in the cupboard for when I am having a craving!!

I also use a GF oat pancake mix that is amazing. The boys can't tell the difference at all. That is what we ate while camping!!

That's cool. At least you can have a good cake and pancakes when you want them.

I wouldn't be able to cope without good Mexican food. But, of course, I am a Texan. That's what we live on most of the time. We've talked about moving up north to get away from the heat, and I think we would probably die if we couldn't have good Mexican food. Lol. I've heard they don't even sell the same stuff in grocery stores, so I wouldn't be able to make the Mexican food I make at home either. That would not be good.

I'm not sure if it's available up there, but you can buy masa at the grocery store here. If it is available, you could look up a good tamale recipe and try it out. My mom made some once, and a lot of people around here make and sell them. Also....as with all canned things, they are not and will not ever be as good as a homemade tamale, but you can buy canned tamales here. Hormel sells them. Sometimes after I make chili, I'll use the leftovers and throw together what my mom called tamale pie using the canned tamales.

I don't know if I would eat them from the can.... that just sounds weird. When you say the grocery stores aren't even the same, NO KIDDING!! They are way different than up here!! When we were down south shopping (we are only about 2.5 hrs from the Canada/USA border) we were shocked at all the processed foods that are down there. Not that we don't have our fair share, and I try to eat more fresh when I cook. Which isn't 100% of the time when you have 4 boys to feed LOL

They are weird from the can. That's why they have to be doctored up. Lol. I made it the first time this year since I've been married and I've been married 16 years. I think it crossed our minds when we were talking about our mom, so I had to make them for old time's sake. After that the kids asked for tamale pie again. I also came across chess bars this year, and it so reminded me of Mama. Had to make those too. Lol.

Absolutely. Processed food in America is ridiculous. I buy fresh for cooking too. it's much better. My mom was single and bought the cheapest she could find when raising us.

The last time I was in Canada I was only 12, so I don't remember the grocery stores, but I do remember every time I asked for iced tea it was instant tea with lemon and sugar. :dohh: I found out I liked hot tea that year because it was made fresh. Lol! Then I figured out I could order hot tea and a glass of ice if I wanted iced tea.

You mean iced tea crystals? Or real tea, lemon and sugar? All I remember was us having the crystallized version, then went to Chilli's (fairly new in our city 5 or so years) for the first time asked for iced tea and got real tea and no sugar LOL I didn't like it at all. I guess I have a taste for the other stuff LOL

Talking about going to restaurants I have a girl friend that (they were a bit on the poorer side) that if they went out for supper (that was very few apparently) they would try and save on money and everyone would just get waters. That just blew my mind!! We weren't rich either or very poor, but we would get to have a pop IF we went out to eat. We didn't go out very often either. My parents were house poor while I was growing up. We still had everything we needed but never any of the cooler expensive stuff my friends had.

Yeah. I want real tea. You can add real sugar and lemon if you like. But those crystals y'all use are gross to us. Lol. I had a neighbor from Canada a couple years ago. After she had been here a few months and found out we didn't have the fake tea, she had her mom mail the tea crystals to her. Lol.

We didn't get to go out much as kids either and had none of the cool stuff, but we were happy.

LOL that is just way too cute that she had her mom mail it to her.

Oh another thing you don't have is Clamato juice, so you can't have a cesar. You drink blood mary's down there and we think that is weird. Oh and beer LOL(I don't drink it, but DH does) yours makes him bloated and can't get drunk off of it LOL I guess we are lushes up here :haha:

That's too funny. Sounds like it must be much stronger up there. If I drink, it's coconut rum 90 proof, but that's like once every 3-6 months, if that.

I don't drink much either. Neither does DH. But yes our beer is supposed to be stronger. Your hard stuff is the same as what we have.

Mmmm coconut rum.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->