TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Hi everyone. I can't believe I am 22 weeks tomorrow. Just chilling in front of an open fire in the living room with a chilled glass of non-alcoholic wine. (No it's not the same, but it tastes ok and I needed a treat). I am also getting very excited about Christmas... Hope everyone else is ok. X

Good to hear from you Kiley! Regan also still only fits newborn clothes and diapers (although we use cloth so she probably won't be out of newborn size diapers for another month at least). The 1 month/10 lb and 0-3 month clothing doesn't fit at all. We've not wanted to buy more clothing so we've had pretty limited outfit choices this month :) Ah well... I really wish she'd grow though. I keep feeling like I'm going to break her!

I want a drink too Scarlett! I can't seem to work one in around the feedings... Regan can be a little unpredictable still about when she wants to eat.

Scarlett, yeah 22 weeks. Seems like it is flying by...to me at least :winkwink: Enjoy your treat! I am getting so excited for Christmas also...although I try to make myself avoid it until after the states have their turkey day to keep hubby's sanity. Ha!

Morning! It's 5.19am here. I have officially hit the 'baby kicking me awake' stage... But seriously, I couldn't sleep so I figured I may as well get up and do some work. My work situation is bearable, which is definitely a step up from a month ago when I was crying every day driving in. I have decided though to go on maternity leave at 34 weeks (actually that week is a school holiday so officially it's 35 weeks) which is way earlier than the 38 weeks I did with my second pregnancy - which was a mistake. (I was knackered, it was Christmas, and then he came a week early anyway.. No time for prep!)

On other news I have a midwife appointment on Friday and baby is kicking away, which is encouraging.

I hope everyone is ok. Stacey and Kiley - I hope little ones are still being adorable!

Left - how are you getting on?

Hi everyone. Hope you are all ok. My midwife appointment today went ok - heartbeat fine, my blood pressure and urine fine. The only thing is that she looked over my scan pics and is a bit worried that the baby's head is on such a low percentile compared with all the other measurements. She said it wasn't really anything to worry about, just that she thought they should double check that the baby is growing ok with another scan later on. It's making me a bit anxious to be honest. On the plus side it looks like I'll get another scan and I'm also now going to see the consultant in December...

Glad everything looked good Scatlett! I hope the next scan just shows that the baby was in a weird position last time or something. I'd be anxious too, I'm sure. Please keep us posted!

Hi ladies!

Good to hear the scan went well Scarlett, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with the head measurement but glad you'll be getting an extra check on it. Remind me are you team yellow for this baby? You will be glad to finish early being a teacher, you must work so hard. I work for the nhs and took 6 weeks annual leave before my due date and enjoyed every day didn't get bored at all!

Btw our graduation thread got moved to the baby and parenting section in the lounge area. Just realised a couple of you haven't posted there for a bit and the move occurred to me.
Who else is pregnant now in this group? I remember a couple of ladies had losses a while back (sorry to hear, hugs) and did everyone else have their lo's?

Hello! Not sure if anyone else is out there!!

All ok this end. I can't wait for the Christmas holidays to start as I am knackered. Nothing baby related to report really other than me feeling absolutely exhausted. I have a bunch of maternity appointments Christmas week, including my glucose tolerance test and consultant appointment through. Yesterday my husband and sister took the kids ice-skating, which I sort of missed because usually I'd go too. It was fun to watch and take photos though. Hope you are all well. X

I'm here...just grumpy. I think I just got my period. Ugh. Seriously!? :growlmad:

I'm here too ... And knackered too lol.... . Had glucose testing this week all was good :)
Have two more appoint,nets before Christmas . Can't wait for the break !!!!

Stacey - oh nooooooooo!

With my first I got 3 months off (which at the time was VERY early compared with other friends), with my second it was only just over a month. I felt like I was leaking EVERYWHERE! (Sorry, tmi) I really really feel for you.

Yay Left on the GTT - I've got my fingers crossed that you get a chance to relax and be less knackered. Do the same for me!!

My baby currently has her thumbs stuck between her first and second fingers on both hands. She is crossing her fingers for both of you!!

Hey guys!
It's been so long since ive been on that I FORGOT MY PASSWORD! haha!
Omg. I finally posted my labor experience (yes, 4 months later)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/2360653-vacuum-delivery-after-20-hour-labor.html

I have to go and pump right now but Im going to catch up and write more soon. Heidi messaged me about the new thread in the baby and parenting section. I can't find it. Is everyone still posting here?

We are here:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-groups/2346665-ttc-over-38-phase-3-baby-buddies.html

Go to the lounge area, then groups and discussions, then children and parenting, and you will see 'baby buddies' which is us.

Hello ladies! Long time no talk!! I have to say, being a mom to an infant is tough! But, I love every minute of it! I haven't been on in so long that I don't even know where to start! Ireland is 8 weeks old as of Sunday. At her appointment last week she weighed 9lbs 1.5oz and 21.5 inches long. She is small but her doc is not worried since she is hitting all of her milestones and I was pretty tiny as a baby (at 12 mos I was 17lbs 24 inches). She is smiling all the time now! :) Up until recently we have been battling reflux. Doc put her on Zantac and she is doing much better now. Evenings seemed to bother her the most but now it's just the normal crying instead of all night crying. Because of this I feel we are behind on tummy time since I have to keep her upright all the time or on wedges. So now we attempt tummy time after she wakes up from naps and before she eats. She does have pretty good head control despite all that though.

Breastfeeding is going well. I go back to work in about 3.5 weeks so I'm hoping my body can keep up with the pump and produce enough for her. I will be pumping three times per day while at work. 12 weeks is NOT enough for maternity leave!! I'm so jealous of all you Canadians!!

Good to hear all the baby baking is going well. Was hoping to see some new members in the group!

Once I am back at work, I'll be able to post more. Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
She's beautiful!!! Those eyes. And I see you're already sharing your love of cats with her, lol.

Thanks Dandi! I just looked at your spoiler signature... CONGRATS!! Praying for a sticky bean!!!

love the update, kiley!! she's so adorable, I love how she's a little peanut! 12 weeks is definitely not enough (I presume) - my old company just bumped up their maternity leave to 16 weeks and paternity to 4 weeks! That, alone, makes me think of trying to get back in there. HAHA!

Hi Kiley - she is so so so beautiful!

Dandi - congrats!

I had today off work - so exhausted.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79