TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Happy V-day Dandi! Have fun with the attention from random strangers.

Sugar :) how are you feeling ? Not long now !!! Are you uncomfortable ? How are you sleeping ?

Hi all! I have a cold but it's almost gone. I'm having all kinds of pregnancy woes. I've got swelling , Braxton hicks, nerve pain in my right leg and I can't sleep because my bladder is always full.

My dr says all this is normal which is fine. In 2 weeks I have my next appointment. After that I'll see the dr every week until the baby comes. In 4 weeks I'll be full term and 7 weeks the baby should be here! So exciting. I feel this little one rolling around and stretching all the time.

I still have so much baby gear I need. I went shopping during lunch today and got cradle sheets. One is a soft velour and the other is jersey. The nursery doesn't look like much. My family shower got cancelled because of highway flooding. That means the decor I was going to have last month won't come until my mom gets here in May. I will have a work shower though. That's will be nice for celebrating this little one. Kinda sad I don't get to have one with my family.

I'm so excited for you Sugar! Your baby will literally be here before you know it! I hate that your shower was cancelled. I'm still waiting on someone to offer to throw me one. I guess since all of my friends had their kids so long ago, they are forgetting all of the showers I threw them, lol.

Yeah Dandi I understand! No friends have offered and I think it's because they are done with this stage with their kiddos.

well that just stinks, girls!! women should still get all gooey about you when you're preg and they're done with kids! that's just not fair. Especially after the roads you've traveled to get here!

sugar, do you have names yet? I'm sorry if you've already told us, I don't remember.

Yeah Wish we have our boy name. It's definitely Ryan Malachi.
Now girl names are tougher. DH doesn't have any suggestions but he's not so sure about mine. I'm trying out different combinations of:
Genevieve
Nanette
Isadora
Noel and
Odette
I love all of these girl names!

Also I just found out I'm getting a family baby shower! 22 days before baby arrives my sisters are driving from Florida to Texas to throw me one. They must have read my mind! I just hope baby doesn't come early.

It's funny but we don't do baby showers over here really. I've been to one, but she just asked for money... It felt really forced and a bit presumptuous! People tend to bring presents to celebrate once the baby is born in this country.

What a great set of names! So unique! I love Noel, it sounds so poetic. <3

Ellie - No wedding or baby showers? We spend too much money! I'm glad people come to greet the baby with presents, though!

Sugar, sorry you are feeling the pregnancy woes, but you are so close! I adore the names you picked out.

Dandi, happy belated vday!!!!

So not fair your friends are not throwing a shower for you :cry:

Hi Ladies!!!
I've missed you all so much (I've missed doing pretty much everything pre-baby).
Dandi and Sugar- so happy things are going relatively smoothly with your pregnancies!! Dandi- love the name Nash! Sugar- you deserve lots and lots of baby showers.
Wish and Mdc- always, always hopeful for you both. Your patience will pay off. Mdc- thought about you when the news came out about 6 weeks paid time off in the Bay area!! 6 weeks is still $hit, but at least it's something. Now that Im a mom I realize we need at least 6 MONTHS off.
To the ever supportive Left!!: Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!
Scarlett Did i read that you had a 10 lb baby?!?!?! OMG.

Hello to the rest of you beautiful women (i want to write to you individually but I'm trying to rush while husband has Mo right now. He has to go to work on A SATURDAY :growlmad:)

Life with an 8 month old boy: in a nutshell-the highs are high and lows are low. Mo is still in our bed (the crib is collecting dust right now) and had his first nasty cold and cough,which lasted about 3 weeks. Two words: NOSE FRIEDA (look it up on amazon!) I can't remember the last time I slept a full night, uninterrupted. It may be one year now!! I started working about one day per week to transition myself back into the work world and was just offered a part time job that starts in a month. I feel very blessed to have been able to stay at home as long as i have but that means I have seen very little of my husband, who has been working 14 hour days during the week and going into the office on the weekends. (Sugar- i miss the low cost of living in Texas. Our rent here in California is 3 times what it was in texas!!) Having a child really takes a toll on your marriage- the first month or so is bliss because everything is new and exciting, but now things are just..hard, well for us at least. I'm still breastfeeding and haven't gotten my period so my hormones are out of whack and libido is still lacking. I miss my husband! I still don't regret our decision to move to California. Being near friends and (some) family is better than being alone. Mommyhood can be very isolating and lonely so it's wonderful to be able to get together with my sister or friends whenever we can. If I can recommend anything it would be to find a group of women you can get together with while pregnant and especially after you have your baby.

Here is a pic of I took just yesterday. He's a funny, smart kid who still is not the best sleeper. I always have to remind myself that this baby time is so short. Soon he will be running around and talking and I will miss this roly poly time so much. What has surprised me the most is that even though everyone parents so differently (my friends, my sister, people online) all that matters is that the children are healthy and well cared for!! Being a mom is really the best and hardest job in the world.

Omg Jessie!! I've been thinking about you and hoping things were going well. Thank you so much for the candid update. It's got to be tough - you both had years to perfect who you are as an individual, then a few years as a husband and wife. And now - you have to figure out who you are as a Mom and Dad and then as parents together, while still trying to be husband and wife. This is how a friend of mine described it and it really does sound daunting. Rewarding, of course, but daunting. I loooooove the pic, Mo is SO adorable!! Those cheeks!! I love baby cheeks!! Thank you for the positive vibes. Please keep checking in!! :hugs:

He's such a cutie! It is good to hear the truth... I know it's not going to be all easy once I finally get my dream and have my own baby, but your take reminds me to make the most of this time just me and DH and not to wish it away too fast. I'm sure it will all get easier for you and you are doing a great job!

Jessie :) its soooooo lovely to hear from you :) adjusting is tough with a capital T . I think we all find out regardless mums end up doing 80 % of the work and caring when it comes to LO .... Dads have this built in ability to not see some of what needs to be done . I agree re never seeing them ... Me and oh worked opposite shifts when I was in work so Sean didn't need Childcare . It ment we kinda never saw each other and when we did we were sooooo exhausted it was hard even to talk !!!!!! Its not the fairy tale the films / movies show you !!! Well lets face it romance isnt either ;) no music ever played when we kissed ;)

Life changes.... Parenting is the toughest job you will ever do but also the most rewarding . Sounds like your doing great :) and Mo is beautiful :)

Ps : I 100% agree it is so important to make the effort to Get out and about , being a mum to a new baby can feel lonley at times . Mother and toddler groups well worth getting too

Hi Jessiecat! I&#8217;ve missed you so much! Thanks so stopping in and giving us the real low down of life with a baby. I&#8217;m sorry your husband had to be MIA for so long. I do love how he sacrificed to ensure you could stay home with Mo. I can see how that can be a gift and difficult at the same time. Wow I won&#8217;t complain about the high rents of Sugar Land compared to what you&#8217;re dealing with in Cali. Texas is not there yet.

I love your bit of advice about connecting with other mommy friends. I don&#8217;t have anyone here in Houston that is having a baby in my friend circle. Until I come back to work in the fall (which I will) I won&#8217;t see a single person that has a child under 8 years old. I broke down crying at my birthing class yesterday because the instructor was talking about the ways a husband can help at night. Well I don&#8217;t have a husband at home at night and my mom is going to leave after the first 3 weeks. It was overwhelming to know that I&#8217;ll be on my own. Of course I knew this before I got pregnant but damn it&#8217;s feeling way more real now at 34 weeks pregnant.

Sugar you will be just fine :) at this stage of pregnancy everything feels overwhelming xxxxx my oh is home and I still do it all while he catches his beauty sleep ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->