TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations Scarlet!

Sugar congratulations your baby is almost here.

Left that was an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

Dandi hope all is going well.

Jenny congratulations for being pregnant. I hope things get sorted out and your enjoy your pregnancy.

Jessicat your baby boy is cute.

Just easing my way through this thread step by step.

Hi Star it's awesome to have you here!

I started maternity leave today! My body feels so much better. My feet haven't swollen yet. I eased my pelvic pressure with a long hot soak in the tub so that discomfort is gone too. Baby's being so active. It's nice to be able to focus on the little wiggles and movements. I want this little one to stay in and grow, grow, grow. Even though I'm so ready to meet baby. I need to do some research about what to put in a diaper bag. It just hit me that I should start getting that ready.

So happy for you Sugar! I hope you can relax now and enjoy the weeks leading up to baby's debut! I know you're team yellow, but do you have any inclinations or gut feelings at this point about the gender?

Oh in my mind I'm giving birth to baby Genevieve! I didn't do any gender predictions other than the heartbeat wives tale. 150 and above means a girl and this little one has been 150-160s for a while. Of course it all just a guess and I'm ok with that.

We finally bought the car seat today. I got the Graco 4ever All in One. I'm really excited about it. Supposedly it's useful until the child is 10 yrs old depending on their size. 2 moms in Target both said it was a good seat. It's nice to get approval from some mom's that know.

11 weeks left of work and I don't know how I'm going to make it! I've never been so distracted and disinterested in my life. We're going through a very busy time right now with a huge audit thrown in on top of it and I couldn't care less. It's making me feel like quite a slack employee and that's not my norm. I just can't concentrate on anything and I'm so tired by mid day. I know I'm not to first to deal with this struggle though, so one day at a time I guess. Oh bless me, 11 weeks feels so long!

Dani I remember the feeling well !!! Especially when they are forward planning and your thinking ..... I won't be here :) lol.... 11 weeks will fly by

Yeah everyone on the job is thinking about the future and what will happen next and im just counting my preggo milestones. I think our minds know what's important at this time. Just focus on you and Nash. The time will fly!

Any updates Sugar? Has baby made any indication that she s/he might be making a move any time soon? How are you feeling?

I had a doctor's appointment today. There's been a little change. My cervix is centered where it was posterior last week. My doctor says that if it moves anterior next week that's a good sign. My cervix is soft but there's no dilation yet. So things might be slowly getting underway. I'm ready to possibly get started with a few things to move labor a long. I have my mom coming Friday after next and the diaper service comes on Wednesday to do our intro to cloth service set up. So I'm ready but there's still things that are not in place. As long as I'm healthy I think my doctor will let things progress without trying to induce me medically. I don't want a lot of medical intervention.

Yup!! It's very exciting. I'm so aware of every little cramp and every little niggle! I don't know what it's going to feel like at the start so I keep questioning is this it? Is this it? We'll see!

Sugar- Am excited the day is almost here! Praying for the best.

Sugar!!! You are so close!!! Sorry I've been MIA... You will soon understand though! Good plan on going naturally without intervention. So much better for both you and baby! You will definitely know when contractions start. Instead of them tapering off like Braxton hicks, you will feel a definite end before the next one starts.

Glad things are going well for you!!! I'll be stalking this thread for baby updates!!

Hi Kiley!! I can't wait to find out what mommy life is all about!

Afm: I'm feeling nausea at least once a day. And feeling a lot more low pressure. Sometimes I can feel baby near my pubic bone when I put my hand in that area. I think the doctor will definately say there's been some progress on Thursday if we make it that far.

How exciting! Come on baby Sugar xxx

Hello all!

Sugar - soooooo exciting. I have everything crossed for you.

It had taken me ages to do this - bet here we go.. My birth story...

So I expected baby to come early and got increasingly tired and fed up. I basically felt like a whale. In the middle of the night I couldn't turn over or move once I was in bed. I out it down to being a bit older (39 as compared with 35). At 39 weeks I had my midwife appointment and she measured me and said I was measuring four weeks ahead. (Previously she had measured me as two weeks ahead). She said that the change meant that I should see the consultant. The soonest appointment that she could get was four days later but not with my usual consultant. On the Friday we therefore trotted off to the hospital to see the consultant. He turned out to be this slightly bonkers young consultant who took one look at me, said it wasn't worth scanning me, that the baby was huge and he didn't need a scan to confirm that. He said he'd book me an induction. I was unsure but he convinced me to book it because he said I could change my mind if I wanted. The first date was a week later. He also told me I would have to give birth in e labour ward rather than midwife unit because of the risk of shoulder dystocia.

Fortunately, two days later, the day before my due date, I got my show. I was fairly sure that it would be the start of something and sure enough that evening I started to get what I though were more Brixton hicks, but they didn't stop. However they weren't strong enough to do anything about so having told DH we decided to go to bed. I fell asleep but was aware throughout the night that I woke up a couple of times in pain. In the morning DH said that I was moaning in my sleep. :haha:

The following morning the contractions continued and I had never had braxton hicks in the morning so I assumed that this was it and baby would turn up that day on my due date...

I phoned my mother who was supposed to be coming to look after my other two and disaster my father had an important medical appointment. We ended up having to drive down the motorway, meet her in a service station and transfer the boys into her car. Back home the contractions continued but didn't seem to be getting closer together. I eventually gave in and DH got out my tens machine at about 4pm. At 5.45pm we phoned the hospital who told us that we could come in but to leave the bag in the car in case I had to go home.

Fast forward to 7pm we arrive at the hospital and due to a shift change they asked me to wait 15 minutes. I was finally assessed at 7 45 (!!!) and told I was a good 5cm dilated and they would admit me to a room. I still had no pain relief as they won't give it to you until you are in your own room. At 7.50pm, whilst waiting for the room, my waters broke in the examination room. DH started to get slightly pushy about me getting a room as I was obviously distressed and in pain. On reflection I think they we're desperately trying to prepare me a room as they didn't have one and they told me I needed to stay put and be monitored as my blood pressure was slightly high. At 8pm they finally told me I could go into my room. I told them I couldn't walk, plus I was still in my (drenched) top and no bottoms for the examination. He draped a towel round me and supported me to walk down the corridor. I found the walk nearly impossible. When I got to the room I was given gas and air and immediately felt more relaxed.

DH left to get the bag from the car and a minute after he left the midwife left for an emergency in the room opposite. It was about 8.05pm and I was all alone and suddenly realised that my body was pushing. I tried to stop it but had no control over it and realised that baby was coming whether I wanted it to or not. I was in so much pain and was standing by the bed and couldn't reach above the bed to pull the emergency cord so walked the two steps to the door and shouted for help. Everyone seemed to be tied up with the emergency in the room opposite but I felt sure that a doctor in the room opposite had seen me so I walked back in and climbed onto the bed. Sure enjoy a few seconds later a midwife ran in with the midwife on reception. She was still pulling on her uniform. They pulled up my top and the reception midwife shoved my notes at my midwife and told her who I was and they told me that baby's head was there. They told me to push but I just kept asking where DH was. He then ran into the room (I found out that he had been standing the other side of the locked door to the labour ward - of course there was nobody on reception to let him in.) I said "the baby's coming" and he said "yes I know - I can see it's head, it's got dark hair!" Strangely all I could think was that I wasn't in my labour nightie and that I was absolutely drenched with my waters. :haha: This was all at 8.10pm. At 8.14pm baby Arthur was born naturally with no pain relief except about 15 minutes of gas and air. There had been a slightly anxious moment after his head was born and the midwife gave me a pep talk on pushing hard to make sure he came out on the next contraction, but it turns out she was just being cautious because of the consultant's notes. He was pink and screaming and clearly fine! They said he was big but I don't think anyone expected him to weigh in at 10lb 6.5 oz. We left the hospital at 2.00am to go home (my choice).

He is a very very beautiful, laid back baby. I couldn't be happier.

Sorry for the essay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"