• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Mdc: hope youre going to join this group for good!!!!!

Left: i cant imagine being pregnant and chasing after a toddler (altho im gonna try when my little guy turns 1 or 2). My sister just found out she's pregnant with her 2nd. her boy is 20 months.

Kiley: post nursery pics! I'll post a pic as soon as we finish our baby's little corner in our bedroom.

I miss you ladies! <3 Moving halfway across the country to a house that is not exactly modern- day -family friendly (the kitchen is awful), unpacking and organizing a place at 36.5 weeks = no bueno

Will write more as soon as things settle down and before my kid gets here

left - I'm sorry you're feeling icky but not really! ;) so glad things are sticking for you so far!! sticky beans, sticky beans

mdc - loving your chart and hoping so much for the best!!

kiley - that's NUTS that you're only a week and a half away from the third tri!!! yes, please post pics of the nursery, I'm sure it'll be darling!

jessie - glad you got to CA safe and sound! I'm sure it'll feel like home in no time and you'll make it your own. :) pics from you too would be great!

hugs, ladies!

Wowza, Kiley almost in her third and left 6 weeks!

Kiley, testing Saturday morning mainly because I am chicken. :haha:

Left, I can only imagine how busy you are going to be and hope the next couple of weeks fly by so you can get your scan. As crap as yucky feeling must be I am kind of looking forward to it. Remind me of that later when I start complaining.

Yes, nursery pics all around Kiley and Jessie!

Jessie, must be exhausted with everything in the past couple of weeks, but glad you are getting settled!

Ok, let's keep growing this chain! Literally...some getting bigger and a couple newbie bumps!

So time for the leap to posting here! Like I said PMA got me (and some science too :winkwink: ) so no need to stop now. Worst case we know what we need to do to get a BFP. However the numbers are in our favor this little embie will grow into a perfect fetus and our long awaited healthy baby number 1! I took another digit this time with week estimator and it is looking good. Don't feel different yet, but anxiously waiting some more symptoms. Our first appt is at 7 weeks so just a couple long ones to go! Can anyone recommend a baby book I should get? I have heard what to expect when you are expecting is not so awesome, but maybe the Mayo clinic one. Left, how are you feeling? Kiley?

Hear is to a sticky bean and hoping for a lot more graduates here soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2
Hi :) and I'm so so happy to see another member :) I actually liked what to expect and used it with Sean and will do with the bubba . You might not feel different for a couple of weeks yet . Symptoms start off very mildly . I've only started getting any this week at 6+ . It was the same with Sean . Is it starting to sink in yet ??

Jessie HOW DID I MISS that we can now offically start your LABOUR WATCH ;) YIPEE eeeeeeeeeee your LO will be here in no time !!!!! How very exciting !!!! Please post anything out of the ordinary lol.... I LOVE this bit !!!! How are you feeling ?

MDC!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I KNEW it!!!! The moment I compared your current temp chart with old ones and saw how much steadier they were than normal I just knew it. Also when you said you had some ab cramping. :). Savor these next few weeks before the nausea kicks in. Mine started around weeks 6 and 7. As far as pregnancy books, I quit reading mine after my first trimester. The apps for your phone seem to work just fine. What I did start reading is a breast feeding book. Figure it's more important for me to learn what to do with an infant than what is happening to me right now. I am just soooooooooo excited for you!! I even said a little prayer for you in church this morning. :).

I'm doing well. Bump is growing rapidly now. Still working out and keeping water retention at bay with my diet. Went out to dinner last night and rocked a new fitted maternity dress. Feeling pretty good! On my phone so I'll try to post a bump pic. If it doesn't work I'll post tomorrow :). -yep, doesn't work. Will post from my computer tomorrow.

MDC: Woo hoo!! Welcome, welcome!! I second what Kiley said- enjoy this time because the symptoms will kick in around week 7-8. I didn't feel pregnant at all those first few weeks and felt like AF was going to show. I was very crampy and it made my paranoia that much worse. I got a scan around 6 weeks or so just to make sure i wasn't having an ectopic and then had my official scan at 10 weeks- strong heartbeat and wriggly little gummi bear. I did not read any books at all and my husband and i are not going to take any classes! I figure my body will know what to do since i'm going to *attempt* to give birth au naturel! And even if it doesn't happen that way i want to remain flexible and not have a 'plan' per se. I feel pretty comfortable with babies since my youngest siblings were born when i was 13-14 years old. I do have an app on my iphone that updates me with daily pregnancy information. It's pretty fun to read. I also have a pregnancy journal called "the belly book" that i got on amazon. I started writing in it after my 10th week.

Left: Nothing labor-related yet, thank goodness! My husband is an attorney and is taking a huge 3 day exam this week to get licensed in our new state so i CANNOT go into labor until at least Thursday night when he's finished!!! My feet swell if i do too much during the day (which has been happening almost daily since we moved since there's so much to do). How are you feeling?

Kiley: So proud of you (and a bit envious) for keeping up with the exercise! I wish i had your energy. I cannot wait to exercise again. My gf has a 4 month old and misses her baby bump. THAT WILL NOT BE ME!
I miss my normal body so much.

So I've been in my new place for almost 2 weeks now. I've been to the recycling center 4 times this week to get rid of cardboard boxes and packing material. It was an exhausting move because my husband has been studying the whole time and really couldn't do as much as he normally would. Also, the house is much older than the one we were in previously so I had to make a lot of purchases (shelves, etc) to make it more livable. Doing basic things (like grocery shopping) is so hard for me. I walk like an old lady and need to use the bathroom at least once or twice in every place I go. I'm 5'3" and now weigh 162 lbs. I'm normally around 120!!! Im seeing my nurse midwives on a weekly basis and i gained 3 lbs last WEEK alone. Luckily my blood pressure is low- i hope it stays that way.

Can't wait for this thread to grow even more! <3 to all

loooooooving all of the updates on here!!!

jessie - time to yell at you - stop doing so much now please?? it sounds like you're doing what you can but please don't over-exhaust yourself. You need your strength for when Mo is ready to join us out here! :) Good luck to your DH and his tests. Yuck.

mdc - I picked up the Girlfriend's Guide. It's pretty good. I also signed up on Baby Center online and they have a weekly 'what does baby look like now/what is it the size of' that was cool, but the forums are filled with super YOUNG ladies. It's not a community like BnB is, at least to me. But that site is how I got my nickname for Lentil :)

kiley - almost at labor watch for you too!!

left - how are you feeling??

Yay Mdc! I love seeing your pregnancy ticker in your signature. Your little Poppy seed! Love it!

Thanks Jessie, as far as energy goes, I do not have a ton of it. I drag my a** out of bed at 5:00 or 5:30 a.m. every morning to work out. If I did not do it then, it would NEVER happen. By the end of the day I am exhausted. There is absolutely no way I could workout at the end of the day. I definitely am not looking forward to what us pregos go through at the end (well, I am and I am not). That just sounds uncomfortable!

Left- how are things going for you?

Doc appointment for me today. No ultra sound though... I think I have or had another yeast infection over the weekend. :( Not fun. And this morning I am taking one of my cats to the vet because he has developed a little drool out of the side of his mouth over the weekend. We are just falling apart over here. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

On my computer today so I've attached my 26 week bump pic. :)

Attachments

• 26 weeks.jpg
    26 weeks.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10
Back from the Vet. Hefner has an upper respiratory infection. He actually seems better today so they think it is already starting to work its way out of his system. They gave him two shots and sent us on our way. Relieved that it wasn't anything more than that. Next up is my appointment. I think my yeast infection is working its way out of my system already also (been eating an extra yogurt every day), but I am going to go get it checked out just to be on the safe side. My luck, if I didn't go, it would be back with a vengeance!

Wish- Did you have an appointment on Friday? How were your numbers? Witch show her ugly head yet?

Thank you all for the book/no book :winkwink: recommendations!

Left, still has not sunk in at all, I just feel like I am on a wine fast. :haha: DH and I talked last night and he said he just had a thought when I said I was going to test a day early that it was going to be positive. How many weeks are you and how are you feeling?

Kiley, I never thought about the temps being more flat....interesting. Thanks for the little prayer :thumbup: You look fabulous! I hope I look that way when I am 26 weeks! I am hoping to keep up with exercise too. Luckily I work from home, so I usually sneak out on my 'lunch break'. I have been working hard, maybe subliminally, this month on my abs to get as many crunches as I can in. I know after the first tri it is a no go, but is there any ab exercises you stayed away from in the first tri? I might go into preventative hyper ab mode while I still can. Ha! So glad you kitty is better, and good idea about getting the yeast infection checked out...not something to mess with.

Jessie, au natural! You are a better woman than me!!! Omg, only 18 days to go. Cannot wait for you! Sounds like you don't need the gym because you are super woman getting the house ready. That is exhausting even for the best of us, and GL with hubby's exam! Take care of yourself. What a big year for you all!

So what should I expect at my first appt at 7 weeks? I had a pap earlier this year (but I guess they may repeat), I am guessing an ultrasound, but anything else? I am having DH come, and hoping we can see the heartbeat. He is being conservatively happy and kept asking last night if I was really pregnant. He agreed that it will really sink in after the appt, but kind of got annoyed and said 'can you please be a little more positive'. I know it is hard for them to bond until they see he/she, but still. Urrrrgh! Cannot wait for this exciting journey to keep going, and although I know the other symptoms will come soon I am still impatiently waiting. Good to know the nausea/ms started for some of you later than 6 weeks, because I would have been nervous since I thought that it was the standard and it would have cause a long wait to my 7 week appt.

Mdc- Thanks! It has been tough. I have major cravings for cookies and brownies every day. Constantly fighting the urge to give in to those cravings. As far as ab work, I did not change anything in my first trimester. I slowed down a bit with them as I got closer to my 2nd. Then I stopped all abs. Even planks.

Every doctor is different, but most likely you will get a scan at your 7 week. I have heard and read that the earlier the scan, the more accuracy they have at pinpointing your due date. But since we temp and time BD, we pretty much already know the due date. My calculations were right on with what the ultrasound said. You might even be able to hear the heartbeat then too. I was able to hear our baby's heartbeat that early. He did have me hold my breath for a brief second though so he could hear it clearly. Apparently my own breathing was interfering. And they probably wont do another pap since you already had one this year. And I understand your want to have the typical symptoms here already. Before the symptoms came I kept having those AF like cramps and was so worried. Then the symptoms hit and I was wondering why I wanted them to come!

And Jessie, yes! More power to ya on the natural birth plan. I do not think I am that brave... Epidural here I come. So excited for you! You will be holding your little one in your arms very soon!

holding strong at 3.55 - ugh. No AF yet, not even a sign of her. Hopefully by the end of this week but it could take another 3 weeks, I think. I have to go back for what i hope to be one more blood draw on Friday. And I set up my cycle 2 appt for 8/24 - debrief on this one and make whatever med changes for the next one.

wine fast - TOTALLY how I felt.

oh and i'm so glad your kitty is doing better and you know what's going on with him!! one of mine had her teeth cleaned for the first time last week and I was a nervous wreck b/c they put them under. And I'm so sorry you're having to deal with multiple YIs - those are the worst!

Thanks wish. Yes, they are horrible and even worse while pregnant. Beware ladies, apparently pregnant women are more susceptible to them. Just got back from my appointment and I do indeed have another. They gave me Diflucan. Two doses same as last time. I take one now and another in 72 hrs. Listened to baby's heartbeat, was 160 and she measured my belly. Said I was spot on. I go back in three weeks for my one hour glucose test. Fun fun. I hear the stuff you have to drink tastes horrible. Also got my breast pump today. Hooray for insurance covering it! Saved me $269. But it did not come with the tote bag or cooler pack so I still have to purchase that. Found it on Amazon for $69 so I can't complain about that. Next up is lactation class at the beginning of October. Oh, and Mdc I am not taking a birthing class either. I will just read up on-line about what to expect. Coincidentally enough, What To Expect just emailed me an article on Stages of Child Birth. So I will just read that and then listen to what my doctor and nurses tell me to do. No need to spend $100+ and time on a class that everyone says you will forget most of it anyway! My lactation class was only $50 and is only one evening for 2 hours. Plus, I will have someone to call to consult with when the time comes if I have any difficulties. Between that and the book I am reading on it, I should be set.

Well Wish, your numbers are almost there. I will pray it speeds up so you can get a move on baby making again! And I am a nervous wreck as well when my cats have to go under for anything. I hate bringing them in for their teeth cleaning for that very reason.

Wish: Im glad you have the cycle 2 appt set up already. Something to look forward to! Im not worried about you at all. Everything will work out.
And oh-I totally cannot stop moving. Even when i try to relax my mind is in overdrive. There's so much i want to get done before Mo arrives!

Kiley: My insurance covered the medela breast pump 100%. Im so happy I didn't have to buy it! Did I tell you i failed my 1 hour glucose test but passed the 3 hour last month? I know A LOT of people who failed the 1 hour but then went on to pass the 3 hour. I think I have some sort of yeast infection too. I've been super itchy since i finished my antibiotic for my fourth (yes, 4th) UTI. I will tell my midwife at my appt on wednesday. Your cat's name is hilarious, btw.

MDC: Have you looked into daycare in the Bay area? I heard it's outrageous. Do you think you will be able to stay at home with the baby for awhile? My husband got annoyed at me at the beginning of my pregnancy too- He wanted me to be more positive, but i was just expecting the worst given my age. He held it all in and cried after we saw the baby and heard his heartbeat at our 10 week ultrasound. He said that one of us needed to be strong. It will all sink in soon. The first few weeks are just strange because there are no real symptoms, you don't look pregnant and ultrasounds don't show much. You just have to let nature take its course and hope that all is going well inside your little uterus.

I finished the baby's nook in our room!!!! Also posting a 37 week belly shot.

Attachments

• 37 weeks.jpg
    37 weeks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Nursery.jpg
    Nursery.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 7
I hope it's ok to post in here... Hoping I will be a bona fide member soon (fx) but I have been lurking since mdc graduated from the ttc thread... Anyway, I HAD to comment on your beautiful baby nook/nursery and your even more beautiful 37 week bump, Jessiecat! Your baby will be very, very lucky and loved.
I'll go back to lurking now... But maybe not for long! xxx

LOVE the nook and the bump, Jessie!! Thanks for sharing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->