• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Jessie- the baby nook looks great! I still haven't cleared out the guest room that is turning into our nursery... Someday I will have the motivation to do it!! And you look great!! Looks like the weight is all baby to me. If you are anything like me and sensitive to antibiotics, then you most likely have a yeast infection. When ever my doc prescribed me antibiotics in the past he always prescribed Diflucan right along with it since I am so susceptible to them while on Antibiotics. I got the Medela breast pump as well. Did your insurance cover the tote bag also? I did just find out today that I can use my Health Savings Account to pay for the bag and supplies.

Ellie- feel free to post in here anytime! We love drop-ins and hopefully you will be a permanent member of this group soon!! :dust:

Oh and Jessie- I have a Louie, Hefner, and Chanel. They are my furry children ;) I stole Hef's name from a cat I saw on the Humane Society's Website. LOL I was looking for cat name ideas and came across it. It suits him well! He is a little lover. ;) Likes to give kisses like a dog. :)

Kiley, good luck on the glucose test. Yes, I heard it tastes like super sweet koolaid. Yuck!

Wish, hoping AF shows up so you can get the show on the road. Are they doing anything different this cycle?

Jessie, I cannot imagine how much your brain is going, but take take of yourself and little Mo. LOVE the bump pic and the nursery! It hasn't crossed my mind about day care quite yet...not even sure where we will but the nursery in our 900sq place (oh the joys of city living :haha: ). We have a unique situation where we both work from home and travel a bit, so it will be a little tricky. Likely we will have the LO at a day care and then need to find a back up in case we both absolutely have to travel at the same day. Worst case I would take the LO with me and fly out my mom to help during the day for a long overlap trip. Luckily we both can be pretty flexible and I plan on using California's maternity leave...I believe it is up to the month before and 3 months after.

Ellie, love it that you popped by...this thread has plenty of baby dust to rub off on others!

Still just hanging out, but a little more tired than usual. For instance I usually take the stairs to our condo, but this morning the four flights were a little harder than usual maybe it was because it was before breakfast. What are your guy's thoughts about being able to hear the heart beat at my 7 weeks (technically 6 week 6 day...I counted wrong) appt? Don't want to get my hopes up and then panic if it is too early.

Mdc- I guess everyone is different when it comes to hearing the heartbeat the first time. My first appointment was at 6 weeks + 4 days. It was a transvaginal ultrasound and we were able to hear the heartbeat just fine. My breathing did interfere a little so my doc just told me to take a deep breath and hold it for a second. Once I did that it came across just fine. Sounds like you are active, so I am assuming you are on the thinner to average size. My doctor said the more in shape you are the clearer the early scans are and ability to hear the heartbeat early. If you cant hear it, you should at least be able to see the little flutter of the heartbeat on the screen. Attached is a picture of my 6w+4d scan so you have an idea what you are looking for. :)

Attachments

• 6weeks+4days.jpg
    6weeks+4days.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
me too, dang it! though it's still been a little less than a month since the D&C. Patience is not a virtue of mine.
Don't know about if we'll be switching things up. I will find out at our appt on 8/24. I doubt it since everything worked last time - just didn't develop right. I think that's just nature.
And I don't know about hearing the heartbeat but you should definitely see one at that time and I believe anything over 110 is considered in the good range. Mine had one but it was at, oh, 59 I think.

For anyone who would like a good laugh click the link below...

https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2010/5/31/stages-of-pregnancy.html

I think I am in Stage 3.5 right now. :)

Kiley, the link was hilarious. Definitely moving into stage one. Ha!

Mdc: yea, it's insane how breathless/tired you will get and so soon. something about how the body absorbs oxygen differently when youre pregnant vs nonpregnant. We couldn't hear or see a heartbeat at my first ultrasound. Couldn't even see a fetal pole and supposedly i was somewhere between 6-7 weeks. I was just happy the sac was in my uterus and not in a fallopian tube since i was having so much cramping.
Everything turned out ok though! :flower:

Kiley: Im sure you will pass the glucose test with flying colors! Make sure it's cold before you drink it! Goes down way easier. I don't think my insurance covered the carrying case. The pump is here in a box somewhere. I guess I should go and open it, huh? :wacko: Im gonna go check out that link now

Im trying to figure out how to measure myself for nursing bras......
I probably need to go to a local store before I purchase some on amazon.

Its me just stalking:) I enjoyed reading you guys progress. I like the posted photos too. Jessie and Kiley you guys look good. Cant wait to join you on this thread one of these fine days.

I know cant wait.... i believe it will happen. You do look great Kiley.

Has anybody heard from Kpme? Wonder how she is doing. Hope all is well with her.

Jessie, good to know. I am hoping to hear the hb, but I will be happy if the doc is happy. I bet I will be a wreck, as I am a worrier by nature and these new hormones are not helping. For goodness sake I started tearing up at a frickin commercial the other day....and it wasn't even that sad. Geez!

Hi Star! I posted on here before my positive test because I felt like it was as a sign to myself it will happen....and it did! I was thinking about KPME the other day too, I hope she is doing well.

Hi Kiley!

So I took I another test (to calm myself) yesterday morning because I was not feeling anything at all yesterday even the small cramps seem fewer than before, but luckily it was darker than before and close/equal to the control. I have a couple week estimators but trying to wait until I hit 6 weeks to keep me sane until my first appt. Yesterday afternoon I think I got my first wave of a little nausea (pretty mild so maybe in my head), and was super tired last night (laid down at 830 and just watched TV in bed). And seriously, I am going pee at least once an hour (no pain) likely because I am drink about 100 ounces a day and a common preggo symptom, but staring to wonder if it is an uti. Was the excessive peeing normal for you guys?

Good thing I am going to my niece's first birthday so hopefully it will keep me busy. Now just have to figure out how to get around not drinking with the fam...winos are always easy to point out if not drinking. :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
I have not heard from Kpme either...

Mdc- you sound like me in my first trimester. I was taking tests all the time because I simply did not feel pregnant.

As far as nausea goes, when it does hit everyday, key is to not let your stomach get empty. I carried around a little bag of dry cereal to much on when ever I felt nausea coming on. I also ate a slice of whole wheat toast first thing in the mornings before working out. It helped. And I powered through my workouts while nauseous sometimes. Working out actually made me feel better and helped the nausea go away.

I did not really notice the frequent urination in my first trimester since I was used to it already from always drinking a lot of water through out the day. I notice it now though. Bladder must be getting squished.

Have fun at your niece's bday party. Just tell everyone you started a new diet cant have any wine right now if they ask. Or use the headache excuse. :) Good luck with that!!

from one wino to another - the 'hangover' excuse works wonders! ;)

'no, I can't possibly LOOK at a glass of wine right now - too much last night, but thank you'

Thanks for the tips! I realized this morning jumping out of bed and rushing to catch a 7am flight is likely not going to happen much longer. I got into the shower and felt a little woozy. Good thing I skipped the coffee or blech! I do take it as a good sign and tell the little embie to keep the signs coming...might regret saying that later. LOL!

Mdc: yay for symptoms! They do suck but are strangely comforting because you know your body is doing what it's supposed to! My first tri i could not stay hydrated enough. Fruit, soup, juice, water. I couldnt get enough. I lost 4 lbs that tri too. I'm always in the bathroom. :/ have fun at the bday party! you will soon be throwing bday parties for your baby!

Where's left?

Wish: so happy that your hcg level is back to zero! Cant wait for u to get started again.

Husband finished the bar exam so now he's back to his normal self. Yay! He doesnt start his new job until mid september so he gets to stay home with me and the baby for a little while, thank goodness. Now we wait... 38 weeks today! Cant believe it.

Jessie I'm here :hi: I'm not great at posting right now ... Feeling exhausted and uck !! But I'm here lurking :haha: 38 weeks my that flew !!!! In NO time your LO will be here :)

So have you a birth plan ?? Can't wait till you start getting labour signs :) its just so exciting :) enjoy every mili second :cloud9:

Mdc we are exactly 2 weeks apart so will be full term together all being well please god :) the icky feeling has slowly crept up on me I. The last 4-5 days . Its not all day but kicks in about lunch time and last all night . Its worse if I let myself get empty so grazing it is !!! This weeks favourite is rice ... Totally gone off tea and coffee to ... Was drinking both fine up until last week !! Its weird just when I think of it I think mmmmm nope lol....... I never actually am sick just feel icky . Couldn't face big meals either just think mmmmm nope lol . Boobs only really start hurting this week too . I also swear I'm already growing a bump ! Well maybe bloat :haha: but my trousers are getting tighter . Seriously !!! Then I was thinking sure this is my 3rd pregnancy so maybe I will show earlier as everything is stretched in there lol !!!!

KILEY are you doing a nursery ? Mdc have you any ideas . Not sure sure what mine is this time ,.... Ill have to get my thinking hat on . Last time I did tatty teddy ... Ill put up some pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->