TTC Prayer Group - All Religions and Beliefs Welcome

Hi ladies sorry I have been absent but I had a severe kidney infection that has stalled TTC plans.
I'd like to request prayers: my spouse just submitted his resume to the Bangkok location of his company and it would be a huge blessing if he got it. Thanks.

Will be praying about the job!

Said prayers for you Storked. Hope he gets it. Let us know. Hope everyone is doing well. Still praying : )

I'm out this month but trying to stay positive about trying for an August BFP. I'll be taking 100mg of Clomid this time around.

I hope all you ladies are doing well. My prayers are with you.

Okay Ladies, this may be a long post, but I really have no one else with whom I can talk. My husband and I are both pastors (we pastor the same church- it's fun, but our schedules get a little weird at times). So, it's not like I can go to anyone in the church and bare my heart about ttc issues. There is only one person in the church who knows we are trying, and when I asked them to pray about it, they came back a few days later and said when they went to pray about it, the thought popped in their head that maybe with my age (I'm 40) and previous health issues it wasn't a good idea. I don't know what to think about or do with that. I'm now wishing I would have kept my mouth shut. ](*,)
Honestly, I feel better now at 40 than I have for about 15 years. I feel more capable of having children and parenting than when I had my twins 14 years ago.
But then I have thoughts like: Maybe it's not God's will that we have more kids, or Maybe I just don't deserve to have anymore kids. It took 7 years and more money with fertility drugs and procedures than I'd really like to remember to get pregnant with the twins. I've prayed that if God doesn't want us to have anymore that he would take the desire away from me. That hasn't happened yet. The fact that I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because AF is getting ready to visit proves that. :cry:

I don't know whether to keep trying or just give it up. I don't want to waste time and money (about $75-100 per month with natural remedies and tests) if it's not going to happen, but I don't want to give up if this is really going to work.

I keep asking myself what I would tell a couple if they came to me for counsel, but some part of me thinks it wouldn't apply to me.
Help!!!! I think I'm going nuts! :wacko:

Okay Ladies, this may be a long post, but I really have no one else with whom I can talk. My husband and I are both pastors (we pastor the same church- it's fun, but our schedules get a little weird at times). So, it's not like I can go to anyone in the church and bare my heart about ttc issues. There is only one person in the church who knows we are trying, and when I asked them to pray about it, they came back a few days later and said when they went to pray about it, the thought popped in their head that maybe with my age (I'm 40) and previous health issues it wasn't a good idea. I don't know what to think about or do with that. I'm now wishing I would have kept my mouth shut. ](*,)
Honestly, I feel better now at 40 than I have for about 15 years. I feel more capable of having children and parenting than when I had my twins 14 years ago.
But then I have thoughts like: Maybe it's not God's will that we have more kids, or Maybe I just don't deserve to have anymore kids. It took 7 years and more money with fertility drugs and procedures than I'd really like to remember to get pregnant with the twins. I've prayed that if God doesn't want us to have anymore that he would take the desire away from me. That hasn't happened yet. The fact that I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because AF is getting ready to visit proves that. :cry:

I don't know whether to keep trying or just give it up. I don't want to waste time and money (about $75-100 per month with natural remedies and tests) if it's not going to happen, but I don't want to give up if this is really going to work.

I keep asking myself what I would tell a couple if they came to me for counsel, but some part of me thinks it wouldn't apply to me.

I no good at advice but can sympathise. I feel I have spent the whole of this year trying hard to conceive but am concerned that in my attempt to force something to happen I have forgotten to listen. Maybe it won't happen for me, maybe I am meant to adopt, maybe I have other things to finish first. I don't know the answers but I do know I've been asking so many questions I haven't had enough space to hear the answers if they were given to me (and I've been scared that I wouldn't like the answer I was given).

Since I have given up charting, poas, opk etc etc I do feel much more calm and in balance. I think it will happen but I don't know when . . . I think I just have to trust that my path will be guided AND have enough faith to listen to and act upon the answers given to me.

BTW - what advice would you give someone who came to you?

twotogo I am very sorry to hear that someone gave you some hurtful advice. Even though they are someone you confided in, it is not their place to advise against a baby. Having a child is between you, your family, and God. If you choose not to have another child that is a decision you can make, and if you cannot have another child that is something you may discover on your own. I'm sorry to hear it took you so long to have your twins, but please don't give up yet. If you can't get pregnant again, at least know you tried. Giving up might mean you always wonder "What if?" And 40 is not too old to have a baby!

I no good at advice but can sympathise. I feel I have spent the whole of this year trying hard to conceive but am concerned that in my attempt to force something to happen I have forgotten to listen. Maybe it won't happen for me, maybe I am meant to adopt, maybe I have other things to finish first. I don't know the answers but I do know I've been asking so many questions I haven't had enough space to hear the answers if they were given to me (and I've been scared that I wouldn't like the answer I was given).

Since I have given up charting, poas, opk etc etc I do feel much more calm and in balance. I think it will happen but I don't know when . . . I think I just have to trust that my path will be guided AND have enough faith to listen to and act upon the answers given to me.

BTW - what advice would you give someone who came to you?

If their marriage was strong, I would tell them to pray about it and practice, practice, practice :haha: (real spiritual, I know). But seriously, children are a gift and blessing from God. (1 Chronicles 22:1-7, 26:5, Psalm 127:3-5). If their marriage was not strong, I would suggest marriage counseling before trying to have children, and definitely before going through any fertility treatments.
For a couple who was struggling with infertility, I would probably discuss the grief and heartache that comes along with it, the importance of good communication, and discuss various fertility treatments. Depending upon how comfortable the couple was with me, I would probably get a little personal and go into the TMI realm. I would probably also discuss the possibility of adoption and fostering.

In our situation, we do have a strong marriage (what a blessing!), we've been through the years, grief, and expense of infertility, and we are also licensed foster care providers. We only do respite because the time involved in fostering full time is beyond what we have available. We have been trying to adopt through the foster care system, but it's nearly impossible to get an infant, and there are certain perameters of behaviors which we can handle. Unfortunately, not many children who are available for adoption fall within our perameters. We did find a little boy in Texas, but we have not heard anything back. It seems like we keep running into a brick wall where adoption is concerned. And we certainly don't have enough money for a private adoption.
I have prayed about having more children, and I have been encouraged that the herbs and natural remedies that we are taking have worked so quickly in regulating my cycle. I have just been on it for a month and I actually ovulated. I was amazed! I do want God to have control in this situation, and have prayed that I would only become pregnant if the child would grow up to serve and love Him. However, the 'woman' in me wants to feel a baby growing in my belly, feel the preciousness of breastfeeding and bonding with my child, and watch with wonder as the child grows and discovers the world around them. My husband also loves children so much. He's such a great dad!
I know I have to listen to God and what he wants, follow His direction, and be content in whatever His answer is. But like you, I don't know if I really want to hear his answer because part of me is afraid it might be no.

twotogo I am very sorry to hear that someone gave you some hurtful advice. Even though they are someone you confided in, it is not their place to advise against a baby. Having a child is between you, your family, and God. If you choose not to have another child that is a decision you can make, and if you cannot have another child that is something you may discover on your own. I'm sorry to hear it took you so long to have your twins, but please don't give up yet. If you can't get pregnant again, at least know you tried. Giving up might mean you always wonder "What if?" And 40 is not too old to have a baby!

Thanks, Love. I think I was just having a really bad day yesterday. We are not giving up. I had to run some errands all day today and had sometime to think and pray. God reminded me that His timing is perfect. I did not get the sense that he wanted us to stop trying. Thank you for your encouragement!

Hi everyone

I see no one has posted here in a while but I'm hoping someone sees this as I am truly in need of prayer. I got my BFP yesterday and another today and I am more than excited, however, I'm very early (AF not due til Mon, but I couldn't wait to test) and had a mc at 5 weeks in May so I'm really nervous. I can use all the prayers I can get that my LO stays with me this time. Thanks so much

Hi everyone

I see no one has posted here in a while but I'm hoping someone sees this as I am truly in need of prayer. I got my BFP yesterday and another today and I am more than excited, however, I'm very early (AF not due til Mon, but I couldn't wait to test) and had a mc at 5 weeks in May so I'm really nervous. I can use all the prayers I can get that my LO stays with me this time. Thanks so much

Praying for you!

Congrats. I'll be thinking about you!

Hi everyone

Thanks so much to all of you ladies for your thoughts and prayers. I'm trying not to be so fearful but it's so hard when you know firsthand that things don't always go the way we want. Praying for all of you.
:dust:

Just giving everyone an update. I had my :bfp: today!

I hope you all are doing well!

Get all, just checking in. Been feeling down in the dumps recently. Found out my fertility meds are no longer covered by insurance and thinking I'm chances of a bfp are getting slimmer and slimmer :-(. Good use some + energy my way.

Hope all is well with you ladies

Prayers Kins! I am so sorry that insurance will no longer cover your meds :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back