TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Yay DJ, less than two months!!! We can move to ttc together!

We sure can! I'm so full of excitement I think I might burst!!! :D I don't help myself by browsing baby websites but I just can't help it! :) x

hello!

I wonder if anyone knows if you can get a ticker to have on your computer desktop? Or only on a forum?

I'm kinder guessing that we've got 2 months to go because I guess it really depends on what my cycles will do when they sort themselves out...

5 weeks til I go over to NZ for my Mum's 50th! Something to count down to whilst waiting...

xx

Hm. I personally wouldn't put off ttc. Would you have to tell them straight away (eg for health reasons)? If not I'd go ahead with your plans and even if you conceivd straight away and tell them at 8 weeks, it will still be about 3 months after starting your job. Does the permanent job involve anything you've got to be trained for? Or is it what you're doing now but on a permanent basis? Either way, I don't think you should put what others might think before your own plans for a family. Although I know that's easier said than done. Anyway, good luck making the roghtdecision for yourself and DH.

PS: Check out my ticker! :happydance:

It is the same job as just now just on a permanent basis so don't need to re train. I think it will probably take a few months anyway in which case it would be fine ..... :) O its complicated this baby game !!

2 Months !!! So exciting :D

Well if you're staying in the same job anyway and it's just your contract changing I don't think anyone will think twice about when you started the new contract and when you got pregnant. And even if they did, it's none of their beeswax.

Hi i'm katie and i have 2 beautiful children(caitlin and daniel). Me and my partner are waiting until august before we start trying again. We have to wait due to me starting my 2nd year of college in september and it will not end until may next year. Then taking a year out before starting uni. It's so hard waiting, I got pregnant first month off pill with my 2 children.

hello!

I wonder if anyone knows if you can get a ticker to have on your computer desktop? Or only on a forum?

I'm kinder guessing that we've got 2 months to go because I guess it really depends on what my cycles will do when they sort themselves out...

5 weeks til I go over to NZ for my Mum's 50th! Something to count down to whilst waiting...

xx

I have a ticker on my desktop from "Time Left" (I think the site is timeleft.info) and the best part is it's free! It's just a really small one for your desktop, and you can place it anywhere you want it :thumbup: There are a lot of options for the actual countdown itself too, which is nice.

It always helps me to be able to take a look at it whenever I feel like and see the time going down, even if it only ticks off a few seconds! :haha:

:thumbup: thanks ooSweetPea :thumbup:

I found a nice little countdown timer for my desktop and can now look at it whenever I feel the need / urge to know how long there is left!! ( approx 1 month, 27 days, 19 hours, 0mins etc lol :haha: )

Its nice to know there are a few of us all doing the same thing ---> ooSweetPea, DJ987, Amygdala, I'm with you! :happydance:

carbafe, re the job scenario - I would have to agree with Amygdala - go with the TTC plan as who knows when you will get pregnant - its not like its unheard of for women to do such a thing?

Hi Katie Mc, those sound like sensible reasons to wait - I hope the WTT part isn't too hard for you x x

Soooo... today my 4 pregnancy books came in the post that I bought on ebay
> Up the Duff
> What to Expect when you're expecting
> The natural way to a better pregnancy
> Pregnancy Companion
and I may have read the first few chapters of Up the Duff already... :blush:

Ok sooo...

Today I got a bill from my insurance company. I called them, because my coverage isn't supposed to start until June 15th (it even says so on the card I got in the mail), and I didn't think that I'd be getting a bill this early. They said that they had messed up or whatever and the coverage date they have currently is May 15th.

Immeadiately I'm sitting there like :muaha: You all know what I was thinking right?! (The insurance policy I chose doesn't have a waiting period for maternity, btw!)

Well, let's just say the 'devil' won, and I was like, "oh that's ok, just leave it that way", while secretly pooping my pants over what was going through my head.

So I text DH, and I'm like, "So I kinda have good news in a messed up way". "What?" "There was a screwup with my insurance." I proceed to tell him what happened, followed by, "So...".

And he says, "So...".

And I say, "I'm making a pouty face".

And he goes, "So...".

So I text him this lovely bit:

"I TOLD THEM TO JUST LEAVE IT I DON'T CARE HOW FAT I AM FOR HER WEDDING AND BESIDES WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ANYWAYYYYY" :blush:

No response, no response, no response. So I crumble and say, "I hope you aren't mad I should've talked to you before I told them to just leave it...", and much to my delight he replies, "I'm not mad." So I say, "Well what are you then, I'm dying here!", and he says "We can start then, but I'm scared a little!", with a happy face!!! Ah I adore him. So I just say "Baby, we'll be in this together". I am soosoosososoososoososoo excited!

And really, the little outburst I had is pretty much true. Who knows how long it will take? And I'd be at 4 months maximum when the wedding rolls around, so I wouldn't be ungodly huge or anything (dear God FX on that one)... we are actually going dress shopping tomorrow with all the girls so I could just look for something that wasn't fitted through the waist?! What do you ladies think? :flower:

So, I suppose as of now, our TTC date is moved up a month, to the middle of June. I am just hoping that I don't drive DH up a wall by then, bless him :hugs:

Sweetpea that's brilliant news, congratulations!!!
I wouldn't think that you'd be very big at all at 4 months with a first child. But your plan to look for something that's not too tight around your middle is a good one I think. If you go for an empire waist you should be fine even if you are 4 months pregnant.

Sweetpea that's brilliant news, congratulations!!!
I wouldn't think that you'd be very big at all at 4 months with a first child. But your plan to look for something that's not too tight around your middle is a good one I think. If you go for an empire waist you should be fine even if you are 4 months pregnant.

:flower: Thanks! I was thinking something with an empire waist, or one of those dresses that has that ...hrm... flowy material, that doesn't cling?

Really, my main concern is my chest :blush: I take after my mom and I'm already juuust about busting out of a DD and and so scared of them getting even bigger :haha: Although DH would love that, hah! I think I am mainly going to look for something that isn't fitted too snug around the bust either, so I have some room to grow. That way, if all else fails, I can just get it fitted a few weeks before the wedding and not have to worry about it :shrug:

I've got an interesting problem at the moment: At the time when I think I will ovulate in June/July I'm now supposed to be abroad for work. :wacko: And DH can't get time off to come along either. So now I'm really hoping that my cycles speed up a little by then or we might have another month to wait before we can ttc properly.

Hello!
Sweetpea!! Fantastic!! Great knowing you have less time to waste. Must get myself a ticker also!
As for the dress, long and flowing should do the trick. Some people don't show much until they are 14-16weeks, so you should just squeak in there if you get a BFP first time around (here's hoping!).

As for me, well, was a brave girl and went for my smear and got the nurse t
o do the blood test to check if i am still immune to rubella. Just gotta wait two weeks to find out. Fingers crossed.

Have been trying to track my ovulation using those OPK sticks. As i was going to be away all day the other day, i popped some in my handbag. Got to the station, ordered a coffee, pulled out my purse and out floated an ovulation test packet onto the floor for all in the queue to see!! D'oh.:blush: So i just picked it up as if i hadn't noticed what the big green letters said and carefully didn't turn around to look at anyone else, grabbed my coffee and scurried off. Not a great moment!!

Well, according to my charts i did indeed ovulate yesterday. So just one more ovulation to get past, then after that, the fun can start!! Am meant to be doing lots of work at home today. HAve got distracted by looking at prams on the internet. Oh dear oh dear!

RIght. Must work and stop dreaming!!

Enjoy the sunshine all you ladies in the UK!

Fairybabe

Fairybabe - AH! I don't know what I would've done in that situation with the ov test falling out of my purse! But all that aside, yay for your eggy making it's appearance!!

Isn't it crazy to think that we will only be OVing one more time before getting down to business?! I think that I am going to use my CBFM (yay ebay!) this coming cycle so that it 'learns' my cycle and I'm all set and ready to go whenever June rolls around!

FX for you about your rubella immunity!

Amygdala - FX for your timeline to work out! Hopefully things get sped up the way you want them to!

Hi, I'm Laura, May I join you summer ttc group?

We were planning to start in November, but a couple nights ago, my wonderful husband made a very surprising suggestion that we start as soon as the insurance we are applying for is effective, and I heartily agreed. It maybe processed as early as May 1st (YIKES that would be soon) but realistically will probably not be effective until June 1st. I'm still pinching myself,I can hardly believe I may only have 2 more cycle left before we begin trying! I guess now would be the time to start prenatal vits, folic acid, begin weaning off caffeine, and do my preconception visit. Is it bad to start trying if you haven't been on three full months of prenatals yet? I'm just starting them now and will have only been on them for about two months when we start trying.

Hi girls my name is Lesley from Scotland and would like to join your TTC group please .xx I am a twenty eight year old(29 in july) and have been with my partner 4years in July and married a year in aug. We have decided to start trying to concieve after I finish taking my pill after our cruise in June.

I am sooooooooooo excited infact I cant stop thining about it and dreaming about it, I just really hope that when it comes to trying everything goes well for us. I have a few friends at the moment who are struggling. So fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone else who is ttc soon xxx

lesley

Laural - I have read a ton of information about the prenata/folic acidl timing. While you are supposed to start them at least 3 months prior to conception, many of the things that I have read always say that SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

With that said, I noticed your ticker says you have a little over a month to go until you start trying, which if you have a fairly normal length cycle, would put the first possible conception date under two months from now? If you are just starting prenatals, I would personally want to have at least two months of them under my belt before trying, if you can't wait for the full three. I know it's hard to wait, but with under two months of them, I would probably just hold off one more cycle until you have 2 1/2 to 3 months of prenatals in your system :thumbup: just so you can give your little bub the best start possible.

However, I have known many women that have had surprise pregnancies and weren't taking prenatals before, or during the first month or two, who went on to have perfectly healthy babies :flower:

I am using the time between starting prenatals and TTC to start charting, and learning my cycles, just to practice for when we get the show on the road! I'll have been on prenatals for about 4 months when we start TTC, which I feel comfortable with.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck :happydance: !!

Shortie - Good luck hun, FXed for you when you do start TTC that it is an easy journey! Also... I must admit that I am slightly jealous of your vacation, what fun that will be :happydance:

Evening all,

Welcome to the thread for those of you who have joined us while I've been away, we are happy to have you here with us! Gosh its so exciting!!

- Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->