TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Just over two months now (for us)! It's another lovely day here and I can't help imagining what it'd be like if LO was here and running around the garden. :)

Is anyone else crazy enough to be thinking about names already? We know our boys name (after DH's grandad who sadly passed away 2 years ago). But for girls we're changing our minds daily. At the moment, the top three are: Emilia, Elena and Helena. Will probably be something else tomorrow. :shrug:

Yeh we are thinking of names already!! We too already have a boys name picked out, but we keep disagreeing and changing our minds over girls names! It's quite funny really. Just over 2 months for us too, sooo excited!! :D xx

Only one month of bcp left! Seems like it's coming to reality now! All systems go in July!

Me too! I will be 36 in August, but my dd will only be 1 in November, and I am really enjoying her so much that I hope that I am not starting too early and will then potentially miss the time with her because I will be so tired.... I also had 2 miscarriages and a ruptured eptopic pregnancy before she arrived, and am so nervous of that emotional roller coaster again...... Any thoughts??

Why are OHs so confusing!!? Now mine says he wants to start right away! This would mean if we got pregnant first cycle like we did before (doubt we will be as lucky again) I'd be 16 weeks by time we go on hol, or if second cycle I'd be 12. Then OH says we would stop one cycle and then start again on original one so we'd be able to test on holiday! I just don't know what to do?! Xx

Oooh, what are you going to do? Mine has wanted to start for a while but I'm the one who's not ready yet. But sometimes he's so cute and convincing, it's so tempting...

I ordered "What to expect when your expecting" from Amazon yesterday :) I said to Hubby should I get it and he said no not yet and then I looked sad and he said well if you want to get it then lol He then said that once we are pregnant he is allowed to tell everyone how I have been on the forums and buying the books before we even started :) :p He likes to wind me up !

DJ987 one of the reasons we are waiting till the summer is so I wasn't pregnant when we go on holiday at the end of April and June. I was just worried I would be sick and not enjoy holiday (and on the plane :S) and maybe be tired (first holiday is NY :) so will be walking lots) Although I guess if you will be further on you would be over sickness etc Other thing I was worried about was bugs etc making me ill.

Oh DJ go for it if you both want it :D But don't forget us still sitting here in WTT!

We are going to wait until June still! Had my sensible head on and said that I really don't want to be worried on holiday! Especially as we are going to Egypt not sure what the healthcare is like there! So the wait is on! X

Hi ladies! Just joined this forum today! We are going to start TTC in June! Hurrah! Been together just over 2 yrs and getting married in July. We were going to wait until after the big day, but I am soooo impatient to start trying. Only thing stopping us is the thought my wedding dress won't fit if we start next month and get lucky first time around! I'm 34 so trying to ignore all the stuff that seems to be everywhere about women in their 30s, and h2b is 38. Both really keen to be mummy and daddy.

So in the meantime i'm taking all the pregnacare vits and fish oils and trying to loose a few pounds. Even got h2b on the male pre-conception vits!! It's hard trying to find a balance about being all relaxed and happy about it, and hoping like mad it all goes to plan!

Baby dust to all of us as we move into summer!!

XXX

Hi all! I am also planning on TTC in June or July. DH & I got married roughly 7 months ago and I've been ready since before we got married! In the past 2 weeks, DH has started talking about TTC (but he's a libra so I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind). :haha:
I've been off birth control since February and began charting at the same time, so all systems are go for me. :winkwink:
I do have one question though.
Do all women need to be tested for Ruebella before TTC? I went to a pre-conception appt with my gyn but she never brought this up.

Thanks!
Jess

Hi all! I am also planning on TTC in June or July. DH & I got married roughly 7 months ago and I've been ready since before we got married! In the past 2 weeks, DH has started talking about TTC (but he's a libra so I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind). :haha:
I've been off birth control since February and began charting at the same time, so all systems are go for me. :winkwink:
Do all women need to be tested for Ruebella before TTC? I went to a pre-conception appt with my gyn but she never brought this up.

Thanks!
Jess

Jess not sure where you are based here in the UK we have a blood test once pg to check against rubella protection :)

oh i'm getting excited and dying to start lol

looks like a nice day here off to soft play with boys then a family fun day later

I'm also getting excited and dying to start! I know deep down it wasn't right to start now, but the baby crazy side of me just says oh come on woman just go for it!! Can't wait fe my ticker to go under 2 months!! :D

Thanks!
Jess

Jess not sure where you are based here in the UK we have a blood test once pg to check against rubella protection :)

oh i'm getting excited and dying to start lol

looks like a nice day here off to soft play with boys then a family fun day later

You should really insist on a test BEFORE you get pregnant. If you're not immune they can give you a jab and you'll be safe within a month. If they don't test you until you're pregnant and you're not immune then they can't do anything except say "try not to catch rubella". Its a simple blood test and catching rubella in pregnancy can have devastating consequences so there really is NO reason (apart from money for the NHS) to not do it before TTC. A lot of girls on here have been tested by their GP. Ask for it and if they say they'll "do it later" insist they do it now.

Thanks Amygdala, that's really useful to know. I had heard about this before and when I saw my GP a few months ago about something else, asked him if I needed to get checked for rubella before TTC. He said as long as i had my jab at school (when I was about 13yrs old if i remember) then I should be fine and no need for a booster.

Have you ever heard of anyone who had the jab when younger not having immunity? Would be good to know!

Fairybabe xx

*waves* hi Fairybabe welcome to the thread :) We are also trying in June.

I had my rubella check done a couple of months ago. I read that catching Rubella when pregnant can be extremely serious for baby so I asked at the family planning clinic when I went for my smear and they did it then and there. They told me if I wasn't immune I would need the vaccination and its live so they recommend not TTC until three months after having the vaccination. I was all clear so thats one more thing checked off the list. I def recommend all WTTers to get it checked out :D

ETA: Yes I believe the immunity can 'wear off' or not have worked properly at 13 which is why you should really get checked before TTC - hope your GP will agree to it or try family planning :)

Oh and I'm on Pregnacare and DH is taking the ones for men too!

- Dinah

Hi again
Just checked the NHS website and cut and paste this:
"Planning a pregnancy
If you are considering trying for a baby, you should have your immunity to rubella tested by your GP before becoming pregnant. As immunity to rubella can wear off over time, it is important that you have your immunity level checked by your GP before every pregnancy.

If the test shows that you do not have any rubella antibodies, or that you only have a very low amount, you will be offered the MMR immunisation to protect you against rubella. You can have the MMR vaccine before you become pregnant, but not during pregnancy. After having the MMR vaccine, you should take care to avoid becoming pregnant for one month."

Phew! Have just booked in with nurse next weds to ask about blood test! Looks like it will be just in time if i do need the vaccine! Would be gutted to have to put off TTC for another month! Stupid GP, *sigh* asked him months ago if it was something i needed to do. Nice to know he follows his employer's advice!

Knew it was a good idea to join this thread!

Fairybabexxx

Hi again
Just checked the NHS website and cut and paste this:
"Planning a pregnancy
If you are considering trying for a baby, you should have your immunity to rubella tested by your GP before becoming pregnant. As immunity to rubella can wear off over time, it is important that you have your immunity level checked by your GP before every pregnancy.

If the test shows that you do not have any rubella antibodies, or that you only have a very low amount, you will be offered the MMR immunisation to protect you against rubella. You can have the MMR vaccine before you become pregnant, but not during pregnancy. After having the MMR vaccine, you should take care to avoid becoming pregnant for one month."

Phew! Have just booked in with nurse next weds to ask about blood test! Looks like it will be just in time if i do need the vaccine! Would be gutted to have to put off TTC for another month! Stupid GP, *sigh* asked him months ago if it was something i needed to do. Nice to know he follows his employer's advice!

Knew it was a good idea to join this thread!

Fairybabexxx

interesting i didn't know it was to be checked before each pregnancy and wasn't aware it could wear off will get booked in too now

Oh my god, I'm getting excited! Only just over 2 months to go for us now. I think I'm going to find those last weeks sooooooooo hard. I find myself looking at cots and prams already, it's not even funny. And seeing my friend next week and her LO (who's godmother I am) is so not going to make my broodiness better. Guess I just have to hope those 9 weeks pass quickly. Lots to do in that time though, so I'm sure they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->