TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Hello all! Can I join in your forum fun? My name is Amanda, age 29 (almost the big 30...gulp!) DH and I have been together for 5 yrs, married for 2 next month. I have been ready to have kids for at least a year now, but we had a big trip to Europe planned, and we wanted to wait until after that. We went last month, had an amazing time, and now it's time! Almost!
Went to the doctor this am, for my annual visit, and got the go ahead. Have to finish this pill pack, and then we have a green light to start ttc. Puts me right in the middle of May. I haven't been able to stop thinking about babies today, I have been bitten by the bug SO BADLY!! LOL I'm sure you all know how that feels, although I'm not sure my sweet hubby would understand...he thinks I get slightly obsessed with things!
Anyway, I'm off to the pharmacy to get some prenatal vitamins, and maybe a pregnancy test, just to get in the mood! LOL...
Talk to you all soon!

*waves* hi Amanda welcome to the thread and how close you are that's really exciting!! We just got back from France and had a wonderful time - where in Europe did you visit?

Take care,
Dinah

Welcome to all the newbies!! :hi:

Well, I am soooo hormonal it's untrue. Tell me, does anyone know if you really suffer from sore swollen boobs with pmt, do you also really suffer when you get preggers? I know you get sore swollen boobs in the first months of pregnancy, but i guess there are degrees of sore and swolleness!!

Am just watching my chart, willing for my luteal phase to last a few days longer....started charting and realised it was a bit on the short side. Am trying the Bvit complex thing, recommend by some on another thread. Will be a bit disappointed if it doesn't get to 10 days this month. So have made it as far as 8DPO. Hang on in there little corpus luteum!!

Amygdala, any sign of your cylce shifting enough for the June kick off? And how's the dress hunt going sweetpea?

Right. Back to work!! Have a good weekend , and tomorrow makes it officially May!! So not long really! :kiss:

Fairybabe

Hope the bvit helps Fairybabe! I'll have my FX for you that your luteal phase increases.

Oh my goodness you are right tho - it is May tomrrow - eep! exciting :)

- Dinah

Woop so excited it's May tomorrow!!

:hi: welcome to the newbies!

I had the most sore boobs ever when I was pregnant (MMC) they were so painful it hurt on bumpy roads, walking up and down stairs, taking my bra off, sleeping... The list is endless lol. I also get it with PMT but nowhere near the same level of pain! I hope it gets better once into second tri!

My ticker is going down nicely, so excited!!! xxx

Fairybabe if you're wanting your luteal phase to get longer there's a herbal tea that can help. There are two recipes, one for the first and one for the second half of the cycle. They contain natural ingedients that encourage the hormones you need for each part of your cycle. Unfortunately I can't look up the recipe just now, but you could remind me on sunday or just google "cycle tea".
My cycles might just be ok for June, thanks for asking. I'll probably ovulate just before the weekend I go away for work. DH and I have now decided that he's coming along for the weekend, so as long as I don't ovulate a week late (when DH's back home but I'm still away) we should have good chances. :D

Fairbybabe, I've also been worrying about my luteal phase, it's been 9-12 days since I got off bc, with some spotting before my period. I've decided not to do anything about it yet though... after all, we haven't even tried yet! Hopefully all goes well, I think it's so easy to worry when you're tracking every little detail of your cycle. If it takes me a while to get pregnant though maybe I will regret this and wish I had started with vitamins and tea earlier...

P.S. I also get horribly sore boobs during the whole luteal phase... some people say that's how they first can tell they're pregnant but that will never work for me because they're so sore already!

Amygdala, glad things are looking good for ovulating before your trip! And then you'll be nice and busy during the 2ww too...

Fairybabe - thanks for asking! All the girls ended up doing something tea length, which I think looks so cute :flower:

It has an empire waist with a little bow at the top of the waistline in the center just below the bust (Davids Bridal style 8585) and we ended up picking the Truffle color, which is like a chocolate brown. I asked the lady what would happen if I "suddenly couldn't fit the dress" and she laughed and said it happens all the time and that they could take care of it for me :haha: I ended up with a dress one size larger than what I needed and figure if all else fails I'll just get it taken in :blush:

On the boob front, I always get sore for about a week leading up to AF, so unfortunately I won't be able to symptom spot that! Also, I will be rooting for your little luteum :happydance: !!

Amyg - Glad the timing ended up working out better for you! Get ready to catch that egg girl :winkwink: !!

Also, just thought I'd have a quick moan about this:

MY ALLERGIES ARE *sniffle* KILLING ME!!!!

I HATE POLLEN :grr: !!

I haven't taken a look yet but I am SERIOUSLY *sniffle* hoping that there is some sort of pregnancy friendly allergy med or I honestly don't think I'll make it *sniffle* through the spring. (FX for a quick BFP after we start trying, and I can avoid a springtime pregnancy all together!!)

ARGHH*sniffle*HHH.

Haha! *sniffle* I feel your pain. I don't think there's anything you can take in pregnancy but as you said, hopefully you'll avoid this time altogether.

Btw re: luteal phase length: mine were really short when I first came off the pill but regulated by themselves about 4 or 5 cycles in. Might just be you're body needing some time to get everything going again..

Laural - I have read a ton of information about the prenata/folic acidl timing. While you are supposed to start them at least 3 months prior to conception, many of the things that I have read always say that SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

With that said, I noticed your ticker says you have a little over a month to go until you start trying, which if you have a fairly normal length cycle, would put the first possible conception date under two months from now? If you are just starting prenatals, I would personally want to have at least two months of them under my belt before trying, if you can't wait for the full three. I know it's hard to wait, but with under two months of them, I would probably just hold off one more cycle until you have 2 1/2 to 3 months of prenatals in your system :thumbup: just so you can give your little bub the best start possible.

However, I have known many women that have had surprise pregnancies and weren't taking prenatals before, or during the first month or two, who went on to have perfectly healthy babies :flower:

I am using the time between starting prenatals and TTC to start charting, and learning my cycles, just to practice for when we get the show on the road! I'll have been on prenatals for about 4 months when we start TTC, which I feel comfortable with.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck :happydance: !!

Shortie - Good luck hun, FXed for you when you do start TTC that it is an easy journey! Also... I must admit that I am slightly jealous of your vacation, what fun that will be :happydance:

Thanks, ticker is updated. I think I should ovulate around that time, and that should give me two full months (mid april to mid june) before trying

Sounds good hun! Looks like we will be starting right around the same time :happydance:

Can't wait!

Hi all :wave: Hope everyone is ok. I haven't been on for ages!! Quick question, if you want to ttc in july when would you have your coil removed?? I am thinking now to regulate my cycles but am worried that I wont be able to wait to ttc and the summer is right for us. I would appreciate your thoughts thanks x

Personally I'd get it removed now. It'll take a wee while until you get an appointment anyway and then some more to get regular cycles back. Would it be really bad timing if you ended up pregnant a bit sooner?

Wow, can't believe how many are here. What fun. We will be trying in July 2010. I miscarried five weeks ago, and in no rush to try again. Also, we are going cross-country this summer, and who wants to vomit in an RV for 6 weeks?! I'd rather deal with the nausea in the fall, and have a beautiful spring baby..girl!

Hello everyone! Here's to a happy May!

Amygdala, i looked up the tea, could only find yogi tea, is that what you mean? Zb5, it's true, not started trying yet, and too much information can be a bad thing and cause worry. However no escaping the fact that less than 10 days of LP is not considered good by the medical profession. On the plus side, if i know things are slightly out then i can try and fix em before it causes lots of heartache.

Luteal phase only lasted 9 days, but now the raging hormones have abated feeling slightly more chilled about it. Am on b-vits, have just started taking some chinese herbs from a person I know to be totally ace and well respected in the world of Chinese medicine, so that should help get me back on track. From taking my pulses (TCM sets a lot of store from pulse taking), she reckons am just slightly out of balance at the mo and that this should ease up with some herbs and once my course finishes, (in a month, phew!). All this studying is bad for you i think! So fingers crossed I shall start firing lovely healthy eggies at the right time and the luteal phase wil grow a bit.

Good news is that smear test was normal and my rubella immunity has come back just fine too, so no nasty jab needed! All primed and ready to get cracking!

Sweetpea, that dress sounds lovely. Sounds like you will all look v pretty and elegant.

Kracker, know nothing about the coil i'm afraid!

Right. Hope you are all getting excited as i am!

Cheerio

Fairybabe

Hey Fairybabe!

I just looked up the recipe for the tea. The one that is supposed to lengthen the luteal phase is made up in equal parts of Lady's Mantle, Yarrow and Nettle. I don't know if you're in the UK, but I found all the incredients here: https://www.docsimon.co.uk/.
It doesn't taste very nice but it's not terrible either. And given that you can get it for less than £5, I think it's worth a try. You're supposed to drink 3 cups a day from ovulation to the first day of your period.

There's also a recipe to support ovulation (to be drunk in the first half of the cycle). It's slightly more difficult to get a hold of though, but tastes nicer! It's made up in equal parts of Raspberry Leaves, Rosemary, Mugwort, Elderflower and Sage. You take 3 cups of this a day from the first day of your period until you ovulate.

If anyone wants to try them, I'd strongly advise to get the herbs from a pharmacy or respectable online shop, as you never know what quality you get on ebay etc.

I'm off to brew some tea now! :thumbup:

Wow I can't believe it's already the 5th of May! Time is goin so fast. I just can't wait until June! Hope all you lovely ladies are well xxx

Me neither! Doesn't help that I'm in the middle of my cycle again either. Soooo tempting to forget about those two months and just go for it. But we are waiting for several reasons and it'd be silly to make things harder for the sake of a few weeks. But goodness, I'm broody right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->