TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Same here Amygdala, I should be ovulating on Friday and it's so tempting to tell OH not to withdraw! TMI I know, but it's just so tempting! Never been so broody! xxx

Ooooh girls I have to agree with the broodiness.

AF should've come today but is conveniently absent of course :growlmad: It is annoying me way more than it should that my ticker says CD1 and no AF yet, hah!

The one time that I actually WANT her to come, she is evading me :dohh: Have been having all symptoms of her being on her way, and been cramping all day yesterday and today, but of course, no AF. There's still plenty of time for her to show up though, so FX!

So, after she decides to show her face, only one cycle left to go! I am going to start the CBFM this cycle so that it can have time to "learn" my cycle before we start trying, so that's another thing to be excited about! Yay for POAS! I cannot believe that we are soooo close ladies!

Hi,
Me and my fella are off to France in June so we want to try then. Can anyone reccomend how long before going, I should come off the pill?

Hi Laura

I would come off asap. This is so your cycles can regulate and your body can get rid of the chemicals :) Good luck for TTC in France!

Sweetpea - sorry to hear AF isn't showing when she should. That woman is so inconvenient lol! I hope she shows up soon. 1 cycle - w00t!!

- Dinah

Ok so I spoke too soon, started spotting! YAY!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ok so I spoke too soon, started spotting! YAY!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:haha: It's amazing what kind of thing gets you excited when wwt. I've had cramps for the last few hours (and I mean bad ones) and I'm all excited because usually they mean ovulation is just around the corner. :happydance:

I think we should all print this off and read it back in a few years.. :haha:

im supposed to start takin my pills agen today after my 7 day break. but its such a big decision to make, even tho its what me and my fella want. shall i not start taking my pill again today? help lol!!

Amyg - AH! Tell me about it. Even DH was like, "Why are you so excited about getting your period, I thought women hated that...". Usually I moan and groan the entire way through AF due to pretty serious cramping, but now I'm just walking around with a smug smile. He'll be so confused later if I get BFN and then cry when she shows up, rather than being happy! Poor thing :haha:

Laura - Usually it is best to completely finish a pack before stopping, just so that your cycle stays somewhat on track, so if you just finished a pack, I wouldn't start another. If you want to wait until a specific time to start TTC, just use other methods of contraception until then, like condoms or the like.

The reason I say to stop taking now (at the end of your current pack) is because like Dinah said, it can take your body a few cycles to regulate itself to begin ovulating again. Unfortunately, it can take some women 6 months to a year, which is why you should come off ASAP if you want to start TTC within the next few months. There's less than a month to go before June, which is when you wanted to start trying, so FXed for you that your body gets back into the swing of things really fast!

In other news, started my CBFM today! Even after seeing it pop up "LOW" I got so excited. It's going to get really bad around here when "HIGH" or "PEAK" starts showing up, oh dear! :haha:

Laura - as the others have said I would come off the pill now, just to give yourself the optimum chance when you TTC!

I'm so broody and excited, I'm cd12 today, due to ovulate tomorrow but I've just started to get close to EWCM so I'm excited about that now! It's not that stretchy yet (TMI) bit it's definitely there! Arrrrrgh why do I do this to myself! It doesn't help we are NTNP I'm just constantly wishing and hoping!! :D xxx

Wow some exciting developments around here - congrats ladies! I can't wait to hear of ppl starting TTC and then the BFPs hopefully pouring in!

I chatted to my DH again today about exactly when we will start trying. The idea is, payday, which is 18th June. I should Ov around 1st July so FX it works first time for us - omg thats so soon!

Good luck all!
Dinah

Only a week and a half left to finish my pills! Dh wants us to start ntnp in June but I might be starting a per diem job so we might have to wait another month or two.

w00t! just updated my sig using our latest plans and the current forecasted cycles on my phone app (lol!) and its three days shorter now - every little counts!! :happydance:

Wow, we're getting so close! Lots of talk about ovulation days and mucus... it's almost like the TTC board! :)

Amy and Sweetpea, I know what you mean, every time around ovulation I start thinking, maybe we don't need to wait... other times of the month I'm more logical though. Hormones really mess with my brain!

Fairybabe, looking forward to seeing how the vitamins and tea work out for you. Hope your luteal phase gets longer! I think for me it may just be my cycle recovering from all the years of birth control like Amygdala said. My last 4 cycles since getting off the pill have all been different lengths whereas before being on the pill they were always exactly regular. Stupid pill... not sure if I will ever go back on it again.

Stupid pill... not sure if I will ever go back on it again.

Completely agree! I'll never ever do that to my body again. I really hope if we have a daughter that they come up with something better before she needs to think about contraception. I'd hate to have to advise a teenager on contraception with the options available at the moment.

I was a hot mess when coming off the pill, I had been on it for seven years when I came off and it took forever for my body to regulate. 56 day cycles, anyone?!

Argh, I hated it! Now back down to my usual 32-33 day cycles, thank god.

Gosh yes, am totally broody too! I sympathise with you all. Infact, have convinced OH that this month we will ntnp!!! So that's really exciting!! The reason we have been waiting is that we get married towards end of July. So i figure any time from now onwards and the dress would still be ok..... i hope! DJ987, how do you find the ntnp? Do you kind of know exactly where you are in your cylce and try not to get hoepful?!

Sweatpea and DZ5, i came off the pill in September, got my period back after 33 days, been a regular 28-30 since. I also used to have plenty of CM and now don't have so much. And i used to know I was about to ovulate as midcycle I got way frisky! No way am i taking that crap again.

Amygdala, thanks for the tea recipes. Will see how my chinese herbs go this month and then try those next month if no joy.

Right. Off to have a cheeky glass of wine whilst we all still can!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Fairybabe
PS, Sweatpea, that pic of you and DH looks so cute!

Gosh yes, am totally broody too! I sympathise with you all. Infact, have convinced OH that this month we will ntnp!!! So that's really exciting!! The reason we have been waiting is that we get married towards end of July. So i figure any time from now onwards and the dress would still be ok..... i hope! DJ987, how do you find the ntnp? Do you kind of know exactly where you are in your cylce and try not to get hoepful?!

Sweatpea and DZ5, i came off the pill in September, got my period back after 33 days, been a regular 28-30 since. I also used to have plenty of CM and now don't have so much. And i used to know I was about to ovulate as midcycle I got way frisky! No way am i taking that crap again.

Amygdala, thanks for the tea recipes. Will see how my chinese herbs go this month and then try those next month if no joy.

Right. Off to have a cheeky glass of wine whilst we all still can!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Fairybabe
PS, Sweatpea, that pic of you and DH looks so cute!

Well this is our first month NTNP! I'm ovulating today (according to my iPhone period tracker app and CM) but I don't use OPKs or temp so it's not certain... OH has stopped pulling out (TMI!) since cd21ish of my last cycle so we will just see what happens! We will officially TTC in June using OPKs. :thumbup: I'm sooo excited. I think I will pay a visit to the 2WW part of the forum tomorrow seeing as we have a chance of getting pregnant! I think it would be fine now if you were to get pregnant regards your dress!! :happydance: xxx

So exciting NTNP'ers! Have fun ;)

Fairybabe, my first month after coming off birth control I had almost no CM. Then it came back... It's easy now to say I'll never go back on the pill but it was definitely convenient for the past 8 years when I DEFINITELY didn't want to get pregnant. Like Amygdala said, I don't know what I would recommend to my hypothetical teenage daughter at this point.

Well, I've had a muscle spasm in my neck for the past few days, no idea why but it's very annoying. I'm sure it will go away soon but in the meantime I'm imagining what it would be like to have a muscle spasm while pregnant... ugh! Got to get it out of my system now and make sure my muscles are nice and relaxed starting this summer.

Well, I've had a muscle spasm in my neck for the past few days, no idea why but it's very annoying. I'm sure it will go away soon but in the meantime I'm imagining what it would be like to have a muscle spasm while pregnant... ugh! Got to get it out of my system now and make sure my muscles are nice and relaxed starting this summer.

I get those! Try taking some magnesium supplements, magnesium helps muscles relax. Also good for tension headaches and stuff like that. Hope you feel better soon, those things really are annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->