TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Thanks Amygdala, I went out and got some Magnesium supplements. My diet has been pretty bad the past few weeks and I haven't been sleeping much either so I'm sure I could use some vitamins. All good stuff really, some vacation and then going to a friend's wedding (plus bachelorette party plus party the night before the wedding...) Enjoying myself as much as possible before I must become responsible! Anyways, my neck is starting to feel better but still not 100%.

I'm getting close to ovulation this month and starting to feel really broody and frisky... can't wait! In fact I was thinking maybe we should try NTNP'ing starting now, like DJ and Fairybabe, but hubby says he really wants to TRY try, no NTNPing. And I'm not really mentally prepared for that so I guess we'll wait a little longer.

P.S. Is my hubby the opposite of every other hubby out there?? :)

Fairybabe - Thanks! Can you tell that he was just thrilled to have to sit there and take pics with me? I suppose he had video games on the mind at the mo... :haha: Also, congrats on the NTNP, and the upcoming wedding! Ahhh, how exciting :flower: I def think your dress will be ok!

DJ - So, how's the TWW?! Can't wait to be there myself :happydance:

zb5 - My hubs is exactly the same way, he either wants to go for the gusto, or not be 'trying' anything. I guess it's just his way of having a little control over the situation. Suits me, because I would rather know exactly how long we've been really trying and that we have been doing everything possible etc, just in case there would be a problem, knock on wood. That way, we would know it just wasn't from not BDing at the right time and things like that... you know what I mean :wacko:

Well, DH and I just got back from NY where we were visiting his parents for Mother's Day, left on Friday and got back late just a little bit ago. Too much driving in one weekend if you ask me, 5 hours each way :dohh: but it was worth it as I know he's been missing his parents.

Speaking of Mother's Day, LADIES!! We may be mothers ourselves next Mother's Day, EEEEEEEK!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sweetpea, I was just thinking that myself!! (About next Mother's day). If we aren't mothers by then we should be well on our way :)

Morning :flower:

zb5 - my OH is the same he wants me peeing on those OPKs :haha: and to be 'properly trying' but I've said just NTNP until June! Next cycle I think we will use condoms around ov as I don't want to be 8 weeks pg on holiday but 12 would be fine if I was to catch this month!

Sweetpea, the TWW is awful!! Haha I think it's because I'm so impatient I just want to know now! I'm 3 DPO now and absolutely shattered but I think that's due to not being able to sleep due to my neck (which is also in spasm zb5!) and then last night OH said "sweetie... Your boobs are bursting out your bra what's happened to them?!" I figured it's too early for that to be due to pregnancy so it must be due to something else... I will keep you updated with my symptom spotting lol.

I hope we are all munmys by next mothers day!! Although here in the UK it's in March so I might not make that one I'll have to celebrate it with you ladies over the pond!!! :D

How are we all this lovely Monday morning? xxx

Oh no DJ, I hope I wasn't contagious! My neck is feeling MUCH better today actually, hope yours does soon too.

So, as I said, hubby said no to NTNPing... EXCEPT last night when we apparently decided to NP! Now today he's kind of freaked out even though he was the one convincing me to go for it last night... Well, it's all so exciting and scary, I think we are both too scared to jump in but excited too so we are playing games with ourselves to ease into it... We're only ~2 months from our supposed start date anyways, right? :)

Yay zb5!!! :happydance:

I was just wondering when everyone is intending to give up their various vices (coffee, alcohol, smoking, runny eggs, pate, whatever else you might enjoy now that you can't when pregnant)? I need to give up coffee mainly as I don't smoke and drink so little I won't even notice the difference. So I'm thinking I'll phase out the coffee with my next ovulation, that is one before the:haha: one. Just hope people at work don't notice as I normally have LOADS of coffee. I've started planting the idea though by saying things like "I really need to cut down, it's giving me palpitations". :rofl:
Aaanyway, small price to pay I guess...

Hi girls me and my oh have decided we are going to start trying this summer in a few months. We are waiting to move into our house together so once we are settled we are going to try. We've had quite a rough time after two miscarriages both unplanned pregnancies so we want to do everything by the book this time I'm going to take folic acid, im getting a smear done ummm going to the dentist lol is there anything else I could do before and while we are trying?

Thank

Lynda

I'm having a realllly hard time holding on to my goal of waiting until AF in July!!!!

Amyg - I'm trying to do the same as you are right now, figure out what I need to give up since the cycle I'm currently in is the last one before "THE ONE" as you put it!

Although it's going to be hard for me to give up the "rare meats" and deli meats (do I love me an italian sub!) surprisingly I think the hardest thing for me will be feta cheese! Ah it's one of my favorite foods and I sprinkle it on every salad I eat :wacko: Alcohol, although it will be missed, isn't something that I consume very often so I don't think that will be too big of a deal, and thankfully I don't smoke!

And also, of course, caffeine. Have already switched to caffeine free sodas and things, not a coffee drinker though so thank god for that.

DJ: AHHHH GIRL!!! I'm excited to hear how things pan out for you, keep us up to date!

Lynda - Sorry to hear about your previous troubles, have fun getting settled in your home and kudos on getting prepared the right way! Making sure you are on prenatals, namely folic acid, and having the doc and dentist appt are excellent steps to take beforehand!

As for me, I got to POAS for my CBFM for the first time this morning. Stayed at low, but it was very exciting! :happydance:

I'll just be giving up drinking once I'm in a 2ww. I don't really drink on weekdays, but I'll usually have a few drinks when we're out with friends... I think I will feel a little left out to be not drinking but I'll be okay. Mostly I'm worried about the time before anyone knows... I'm sure my friends will notice if I start having nonalcoholic drinks so I'm going to need to come up with a good excuse. :)

Amygdala - I don't drink caffeine because it really does give me palpitations! Well, mostly it just causes me to be overly tense and amplifies school stresses for me. What's your reason for not drinking? Maybe I'll use that as my excuse :)

I hadn't really thought about soft cheeses and runny eggs. Is it just runny whites or are runny yolks bad too? I love runny yolks...

mbara - I have no advice for you seeing as I can't seem to wait myself :D

Linda - welcome! I think folic acid's the big one. Maybe a multivitamin to go along with it... I'm taking a combined prenatal vitamin with folic acid.

Sweetpea - hooray for POASing!

Welcome Lynda! I'd agree with the others really! :)

I've given up drinking as I'm in the 2WW, I don't drink that much anyway though. OH is having a party at the weekend so I've got my excuse lined up already "I'm on antibiotics!"
I don't drink coffee, but I will probably switch to decaf tea. I do like runny eggs but I only eat them once in a blue moon so I've stopped those! And I love goats cheese which I've stopped now but I'm missing it!

Well I'm 5DPO today, just feel tired really! Oh and reeeeally sore nipples but I think I have that normally anyway!! xx

Im 10days ish DPO. But I dont have any AF symptoms!! Oddness.

Will only test it AF is late though.

xx

Ooh good luck to those of you testing soon :D

Gosh, about 5 weeks is that all!? Yay!!

Ah Dinah it's coming so quick, isn't it? My little desktop ticker went down to "26 days remaining until start of next cycle" this morning, and I just stared in disbelief! I haven't checked it in a few days and didn't realize that there is less than four weeks left until THE cycle! WOOOO!!!!

I must admit, I am finding it hard to wait for OV to roll around this cycle, feels like it's taking FOREVER. I can't even imagine how much different it'll be next month when I actually get to DO SOMETHING when OV happens!

FX'ed for all those in 2WW land...

Yep def agree SweetPea, its going crazy fast and next cycle is THE cycle - so exciting! We'll be starting pretty much the same week it sounds - GL to you!

- Dinah

Amygdala - I don't drink caffeine because it really does give me palpitations! Well, mostly it just causes me to be overly tense and amplifies school stresses for me. What's your reason for not drinking? Maybe I'll use that as my excuse :)

Reason for not drinking coffee or for not drinking alcohol? Coffee I'm just going with the "need to cut down for health reasons". Alcohol people won't really notice in my case, I often don't drink because I don't feel like it. But maybe you could just say you're wanting to cut out alcohol for a while to be healthier? Or as part of a diet for weight loss? I think a lot of people will see right through the "antibiotics" these days.

congratulations to all the ladies ntnp. good luck in the 2ww

Lynda welcome. sorry to hear about your losses. like the other's have said keep up with your folic acid and prenatals. Maybe start charting

Sweetpea your husband's family from live in ny? what part? I'm from Brooklyn. Jealous that you were in NY this past weekend

Amygdala Coffe is going to be the huge one for me to give up. I've my self down to half decaf, next cycle, which will be the ttc cycle, I'll move to completely decaf, and pay I don't get caffeine headaches!

Have you all told any of your friends/ family about your ttc plans? I promised dh I wouldn't tell anyone about our plans, but I keep finding myself slipping and telling people.

Amygdala, I meant what's your reason for not drinking alcohol very often? Then maybe I could use that as my excuse. Do you just not like it that much? Maybe I will go with trying to be healthier and/or diet. Or I could say I'm having migraines.

Laura, we haven't told many people. I wasn't planning on telling ANYONE, but now we have let it slip to some really close friends and also some friends who don't know each other so they can't gossip :) It's hard to keep quiet! Every time I tell one of my friends, my husband decides it's only fair for him to tell one of his friends... so it's adding up. :)

Laural - Nope, they aren't from there, but both his parents and my dad have been working there for going on two years now... they work at the powerplant near the Rochester/Webster area, Ginna Powerplant I think? It was a nice little vacation but unfortunatly the weather was horrible and it was actually snowing Sunday morning!

I was in NYC with my mom recently to see Mamma Mia, it was so much fun. I love visiting there and checking out all the different things there are to see and do! I would love to live there for a summer or something like that, and have time to experience it that way!

I have told very few people that we are thinking of trying soon... in a way it's my safety net I think, so that we don't constantly have people asking us about it. Our parents know, and one or two close friends, but other than that we've pretty much kept our mouths shut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->