TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Laura: We've told some of my friends and my sister. I think DH would find it hard to tell anyone just now, because of the insecurity of the situation (who knows when it happens) and the added pressure. We're not going to tell parents until 12 weeks, so they don't know we're planning to ttc soon either.

Zb5: I'm afraid my reason for not drinking much won't be any use to you. I just don't feel like drinking a lot of the time (no reason other than that) and my friends are used to that so won't notice.

Hi Ladies!
Yay! Not long now! Though according to previous months, I am due to ovulate towards the end of next week. So far as NTNP i am not sure there will be much NT on my part knowing when the eggy may make an appearance!!! Who am i kidding eh? I think though, by telling myself we don't start TTC til June, then it takes the pressure off and we can just have fun next week!

Laural11, I have told quite a few people in a vague way that we hope to go down the baby route from this summer onwards. Didn't really think about it, as that was a while ago and none of it seemed very real anyway. Kind of wish i hadn't now, in case it takes a while! On the other hand, i kind of feel that if people were more open about these things, there would be a lot less stress around it. So many people worry in silence that something is wrong with them, or blame themselves, when in reality lots of people take ages to conceive and have problems. I like breaking silence around taboos sometimes! (Do not quote me on this if it's past Xmas and no BFP!). For example, until I read the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book, why did I not know about all the signs to look for around ovulation? Or about diff patterns of ovulation? Cos no-one talks about it!! How liberating to find out. Wish i had been taught years ago!

Gosh i'm on a rant this morning!!! Must have gotout of the wrong side of bed.

Sweatpea, New York is fantastic. Flew there for a 5 day break with some girlfriends a few years ago. Would love to go back. AMAZING city. Soooo vibrant.

DJ987, 2ww is ticking by!! Fingers xd. And for 4Magpies as well (and anyone i've missed!)

Zb5, yeah, the no alcohol thing at parties is fun! Maybe just say nothing, if you have a lemonade, put some lime in it, make it look like a GnT. Unless your tipple would normally be totally different! Or just go with the diet and weightloss thing. Us ladies are a suspcicious lot though eh?

Right. Have a good day to you all.

Fairybabe xxx

Took my last bcp pill today!!!! Hopefully we can hold out in June and ntnp in July!!!

Hi everyone,

With regards alcohol I'm tee-total so there won't be any difference. With caffeine well I've always liked the taste of caffeine free diet coke so I've pretty much just switched to that and if anyone has noticed they haven't said anything. Coffee I just have one cup in a monring and that will still be ok when TTC right? So I'm just gonna leave it.

For all the other stuff (runny eggs, soft cheese etc) I don't eat a lot of it anyway so hopefully won't miss it!

We "haven't told anyone" because I'm super superstitious lol! However I put the "" round it cos' I have told a few ppl ie my neighbour who has LO I've confided in and a friend at work. The "" simply means we haven't told any family or close friends. I dont' want that pressure of 'well why hasn't it happened yet then?' and I also didn't want to jinx it lol!

I think it'll come as a bit of a shock to some family actually when we (hopefully) conceive. Reason being I've been with my DH for 10 yrs now and I wonder if some have come to the conclusion we don't want children? It'll be fun to surprise parents etc with the good news someday :D

- Dinah

I've kept it kind of mysterious too... the people that we have told just know "we'll be trying soon", but they have no idea how soon! :happydance:

Dinah - I get a bit supserstitious too... my Grandma was at a yardsale and picked up some cute baby things because she knows that we've been "talking about it", and when she tried to give them to me, I absolutely refused! Of course I oohed and aahed over the things she picked but made her keep them until we actually have a reason to take them! She just laughed and didn't seem upset at all, and is putting them away to save for us whenever it does happen. She is too cute! :haha:

mbara - FX'ed that your cycle quickly returns to normal by July! :flower:

3 weeks and 4 days until THE CYCLE OMGGGGGGG! So I guess it'll be just under 6 weeks until... THE OV!!!

Ahh this is all going to do my head in. :haha:

As far as telling people, we've just told people that we're going to start trying sometimes in the next few months, nothing specific. They just keep asking and asking and asking when the next one is coming. I know they're just asking out of the goodness of their hearts but I seriously sometimes just wish they would get off our backs! Like it's not hard enough waiting and holding on to my own willpower. Anyway, rant over :)
Can't wait to see my obgyn for my yearly and talk to them about my plans this summer!

mbara, it seems like people are way more likely to ask about it if you already have a child! Most people don't ask us straight up, or if they do they've got a guilty look like they know they're doing something they shouldn't... It makes it easier to ignore them!

Amygdala, fair enough, I used to go through phases where I just didn't feel like drinking alcohol. Hopefully my friends will remember that :)

Anyways, it looks like I just ovulated yesterday, which means our little not-preventing episode was on O-4. So... unlikely to result in pregnancy but definitely not within the rules for avoiding pregnancy! So I suppose I'm in a 2ww but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be happy either way but I'm assuming we'll keep to our original plan of trying in July. Jealous of all you June-starting people! :)

Aw, can't believe we have people in 2ww now! Best of luck!!!
I really don't want to wait anymore either but at the same time I'm getting nervous about ttc. A collegue of mine just had a miscarriage and it was so traumatic that she's unlikely to try again. I really hate the thought of having to tell her our news. I know I can't build my life around others but I'm really scared it'll hurt her.

Poor colleague!! Like you say, you can't build your life around others and I feel like something will always come up to make it seem like it's not a good time.

Ok, so DH and I officially decided yesterday that I was going to wait for AF to show up in June (crossing fingers) and then we'll just let things be. Whatever happens,happens. I'm tired of waiting!!! I was so set on getting pregnant in August but no one really know exactly when things happen so we're just going to let whatever is meant to be

Uuuh, exciting news mbara! Here's hoping for a quick :bfp: for you!

zb5 - Even though it wasn't perfect timing, you never know! If not, July is quickly getting closer and closer!

Amyg - I agree with zb5, you can't base your TTC efforts on other people's lives... there's always going to be something going on that is going to make it seem like bad timing. Like they always say, if you wait until you feel totally ready to have a child, you will never have one! When (note the PMA!) you do fall pregnant, I would make it a point to speak to her about it before you tell the rest of your coworkers, so she doesn't feel like her situation doesn't matter to you, and hopefully spare her the embarrassment of getting upset in front of others.

mbara - Oooh exciting! You'll probably be starting out right around the same time as Dinah and I :flower:

AFM - Officially under the 3 week mark until next AF decides to roll around. (And she had BETTER be on schedule or there'll be hell to pay!) Still low on my CBFM, should be going up any day now! Everything seems like it's moving in slow motion lately, ugh!

Evening girls!

Hope everyone is well.

I've just changed my status to TTC!!!! Am due to O this thurs or fri and we have just decided to errr, get cracking so to speak!! :happydance: Let's hope we get a visit soon! :yellow: Bit nervous about the whole luteal phase thing still seeming short, but i say all the more reason to get going! Woohoo!

Zb5, you never know, it just takes one :spermy: to hang on in there!

And Mbara! Go for it !

Amygdala, your poor friend. Know what you mean. A friend of mine lost her baby at 9 months last summer, so i will feel bit awkward when (PMA!!) i have news to share. I know she'll be pleased for me, but still, it's not an easy moment i'm sure. I like the suggestion to have a word with her on her own, then there's no public shock for her.

Sweet Pea, you'll just be a few weeks behind me! Those days will just fly by!

Wow, this thread is about to get really exciting. :winkwink: Let's hope we all get those BFP's asap!

Positive vibes to all!

Fairybabe

Congrats Fairybabe! AF left me two days ago and all I wanna say to DH is "lets get cracking" to steal your phrase lol! Sadly tho he still has his sensible hat on so we'll be waiting till June. Ah well, not long now!!

You are right, this thread is about to get really exciting :) I can't wait to hear about everyones BFPs!!!

- Dinah

Not long to go now girls :) congrats for TTC Fairybabe!! Get some :bfp:s coming!!! So excited!! Xx

Ooh, Fairybabe! Have fun this week! ;)

I agree, this is going to get exciting fast!

Congratulations Fairybaby!!! Hope you get your :bfp: really soon!

Not long to go for any of us now! :thumbup: Just a month for DH and me.:wohoo: Well, about 6 weeks until ovulation. BUT only about 3 weeks of contraception left! Time seems to be flying now. I just wish I could just have my baby. Don't want to wait another 9 months..

Hi everyone! I'm new here but fit nicely into this group, as we will begin TTC #1 in June. I'll O at the end of June and that will be our first try. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, wouldn't mind so much if we just skipped ahead to the end of May, but June has always been our plan, so I guess we'll stick to it--he's logical like that, I'm impatient :) I've been charting for several months, am extremely regular 30 day cycles, with O smack dab at day 15 or 16. I had Mirena for a few years but haven't had any issues getting cycles back to normal since it came out in February. I'll be 34 this summer. Oh the excitement! I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope you are all successful this summer ;)

~ME

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->