TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Hey! I noticed someone mentioned what to read. I would not recommend What To Expect When Your Expecting. Read something that is evidence based and is based on the SOGC (Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada) or eqivalent guidelines. That way you are really getting the facts :)

These books aren't meant to be a medical guide, more of a guide to the ups and downs, feelings, general pregnancy stuff and they don't purport to be anything else. Doctors and midwives are there for the facts :thumbup:

Hi guys,

Just had my rubella immunity test on Friday so I'm waiting for the results.

We've told very few people of our plans but I just told one of my very close friends because she is planning her wedding around the time I'm hoping to give birth (spring/summer 2011) and I figured I should let her know. I said, "okay, don't tell anyone cause it's a secret!" She said, "Speaking of secrets, guess who's pregnant but no one knows yet!" One of our friends is pregnant with identical twins!

Aaaugh!! She thought it was hilarious and I see the humor, but I'm not super confident about my "secret" at this point. But very happy for my friend with twins :)

Oh, and I haven't gotten any books yet, except "Taking Charge of your Fertility". Focusing on the first step I guess and don't want to get ahead of myself :)

Argh, well here's hoping that she keeps your secret more sucessfully!
I haven't read any preconception books either (apart from Taking Charge of your Fertility, which I use for contraception and absolutely love!). I'm wondering how useful they can be, provided there are no medical reasons for expecting problems? I am reading baby and toddler books though. :blush: But I figure I might as well learn more while I've got some actual spare time.

Yes, I hope so! I guess it's not the end of the world if people know, I just don't want everyone to be asking me about it if it turns out to take longer than planned.

Definitely haven't looked at any baby or toddler books yet. Which ones are you reading?

Just noticed the number on my ticker! :happydance:

How's everyone doing? I've just had a very long but very productive week at work which makes me feel a LOT better about ttc in the summer. Provided we don't take too much time practicing and I'll have an easy pregnancy, baby and work should work together alright now.

I've also booked a check-up with my gynaecologist for the week after next. Here's hoping that she'll proof more helpful than my gp (who didn't even want to check my rubella :growlmad:). I'm getting excited now. :blush: Probably partly because DH keeps telling me how much fun ttc is going to be. :haha:

Getting harder and harder to wait. I started looking at maternity clothes yesterday and they have really nice stuff on clearance for next season... I'm so tempted to buy them and put it away. I like to think of it as saving money on those expensive clothes. Dh thinks I'm going to jinx things. Opinions?

Well I'm not superstitious and don't believe in things being "jinxed". But I do think you'd be putting extra pressure on yourself to conceive and conceive quickly, so I'd probably hold off if it was me. But if you think looking at the stuff won't upset you if ttc should take longer (or if god forbid you should get pregnant but not get as far as being able to wear maternity clothes) then why not. You would probably save a few pounds in the long run and it wouldn't be as much expense at one time.

thanks for your opinion! Ideally, I'd love to get pregnant this summer but I wouldn't be super devastated if it didn't happen right away. I look at it as more time to pay off bills and save money. I think I might invest in it. I like buying things slowly so that when the time comes, its not one huge hit at once.

Hi girls hope I'm ok to jump on in here!

I'm 27, DH is 30. We've been together 10 years and married for almost three. I've been wanting children for a long time but DH only felt ready about 18mths or so ago. We've been planning for the last year to start TTC in April but now I think we have to delay due to a bunch of little things and I'm feeling a bit down about it.

Hoping chatting to girls with a similar wait will cheer me up! I know its not long in the grand scheme of things!

Anyway nice to meet you all and good luck to everyone!
Dinah

Hi girls hope I'm ok to jump on in here!

I'm 27, DH is 30. We've been together 10 years and married for almost three. I've been wanting children for a long time but DH only felt ready about 18mths or so ago. We've been planning for the last year to start TTC in April but now I think we have to delay due to a bunch of little things and I'm feeling a bit down about it.

Hoping chatting to girls with a similar wait will cheer me up! I know its not long in the grand scheme of things!

Anyway nice to meet you all and good luck to everyone!
Dinah

Just looked at our tickers looks like we are trying at the same time, a day apart :happydance:

Damita just inspired me there: Seeing as we're getting close now, should we have a list of when everyone's moving to ttc? Might be nice to see who's likely to go together?
I'll start:

Amygdala - 21st June

After my period in June, whenever that may be. Looks like end of June

Hi ladies hope its ok if I jump in!

A little about us, we are New Zealanders living in England, although we are seriously considering going back! We have been together for 9 years, married for 5. We are both 27, 28 this year. Anyway, we have 2 beautiful sons, Brady is 23 months and Jacob is 1 month old today! Now we didn't have trouble as such TTC, compared to some women it was nothing. It took us 9 months to conceive Brady and 6 months to conceive Jacob. We really want at least one more child, we are both from big families. We don't want a huge gap between our children, I like the gap we have, and would like another gap about the same. But if it takes us as long as last time then we would want to start trying this summer so that works out.

I feel bad about it because as much as I really want to just focus on the 2 boys I have, I just don't feel our family is complete and if it takes us longer this time then I will kick myself for not trying earlier. So Yes, once Jacob hits 6 months, which is August, then we are going to start trying again.

Summer 2010 sounds perfect. I'll have gone on my holiday with my gorgeous boyfriend, and we'll be very relaxed afterwards I hope, which I suspect adds to the chances of getting pregnant. :D. Fingers crossed eh, girls.

xxx

Just booked my vacation to Florida in August. Maybe we'll come back with souvenir

We'll be starting July 15 (or whenever it is after then that I ovulate). July 15 is our 4 year wedding anniversary and we ideally would like an April/May baby.

Morning

I'm feeling a bit bemused today at some of the terms over in TTC. I've been looking up about the luteal phase etc! I'm so clueless lol!! Better get learning before my TTC time comes :)

- Dinah

can i join?>>> hopefully start around end of may, start of jume we wll start trying!

im lucy, 19, been with craig (28) for 3 years this november, have a 8 year old stepdaughter amy and i have wanted a baby for ages now!
so exited to start trying!!!

:D Feeling so excited tonight. Hubby and I have been talking about TTC this year and I suggested the summer and he seemed keen but we didn't officially set it as starting to TTC. Today I sent him a wee email saying I have been looking at dates and getting excited can you guess what for ??? When I got home we officially decided that I will come off of the pill just before we go on holiday on 30th June !!! :) That means I have the last week of this pill packet and then 3 packets to go :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->