TTC & trying to loose weight club anyone?

Me me me me! :wave:

I am currently in my second TTC cycle but I really want to lose some weight before I get knocked up so I won't be wondering "Is this is my regular belly or a baby bump??"!

Ideally I'd like to lose 20 lbs but that's my ultimate goal, I would just be happy with 10 but I have ZERO motivation and I love to drink and eat. I'm on MFP when I actually get around to logging my food. Username:kittyfeliz if any of you ladies are there.

:haha: Welcome! Yes we do not want baby bump and regular belly to get confused do we! :) I love food and drink too and have a other half who leads me a stray with good food. I will add you to the list 20lb goal but let me know if you want to change it

Thank you!!

So what's everyone's plan to do this thang?

I am trying to watch what I eat by tracking in MFP and I have yoga 2 -3 times a week but I need to do more, I just don't want to! :haha:

MFP and 30 minute walk per day, Kinda all I can manage fitness wise at the moment! The motivation is the hard bit but I hope this helps :)

Hi ladies!

Can I join?? I am definitely struggling with motivation and drive to just stick to it.

I never heard of slimming world till I saw it mentioned on a thread a few weeks ago and there aren't any (that I know of) in the country I live in. I decided 2 weeks ago that I really needed to make some lifestyle changes, so I've started by replacing two meals with just fruits and veggies, drinking "slim fast" in the afternoon, and having a 'normal' dinner... but after 2 weeks I'm struggling again and feeling the desire to eat everything in sight!

It's so tough :(

I want to lower my BMI and get into better shape as I've been told that could reduce my risk of having a 2nd c-section (and I'm desperate for a VBAC!) so I really need to get my act together.

My BMI is 34 :blush:

In a perfect world, I'd like to lose about 45 lbs (to start). But on my TTC journey I'd be happy with starting at 15 lbs (last time I was pregnant I lost another 10 in the first trimester due to 'morning sickness'). It feels impossible :(

omg..omg
can i join in....

i am currently weigh 150 and bmi is around 29....
i have a gyne appointment on the 09.07.2013 and i want to weigh around
20 lbs less which will be 130...i have beeb diagnised with pcos and placed on metformin 500mg twice daily....

i am simply trying to walk at everyday and a low carb diet

so count me in ladies

I need to join! I just had my thyroid tested today to see if I have an issue there, but if I don't--I need to kick this weight!

I never had a hard time with losing weight until this past year. I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds no matter what I try. I'm at 212 and want to be 175 (my first goal) and then I'll go from there. I was 165 and fit when I got pregnant with my son 8 years ago. I'm not meant to be super thin.

Welcome Itsychik, ebonymama and Momof2TTC! I have added you to the list, lets hope our first week goes well and brings us closer to ttc :)

If I have missed anybody please message me, I hope I am keeping up! So good to know we are all aiming for the same goal: a healthy Mum with a new baby. :dust:

Ive changed my lifestyle 2yrs end of Sept...(Joined Slimming world) So far ive lost 70.5lb. (I did lose 77lb but gained a little) I plan to get that off again plus some more hitting 84lb (6st loss)

So 13.5lb to go!

Another amazing loss! \\:D/ I have been really inspired and motivated so far by you all. Slimming World certainly has some success stories! I will add you to the list with a goal of 13.5. :) x

Thanks :) Yes SW is the best ever 'diet' Its my lifestyle of cooking/eating from habit now. best thing i did. Last pregnancy i was like 292lbs this time i wont be :) when we do get pregnant i also hope to STS or still lose as realistically got about 4stone left to lose! x

I am not sure where I went wrong with SW :/ I was advised to do green as I do not eat meat or fish but people doing the new version were losing loads! I must look for my pack. You sound like you have really turned a corner, like you say it is about lifestyle change. x
Yeah i do the Extra Easy one. (meats aswell as potatoes etc allowed together) thats how i lost it x

Hi ladies!

Can I join?? I am definitely struggling with motivation and drive to just stick to it.

I never heard of slimming world till I saw it mentioned on a thread a few weeks ago and there aren't any (that I know of) in the country I live in. I decided 2 weeks ago that I really needed to make some lifestyle changes, so I've started by replacing two meals with just fruits and veggies, drinking "slim fast" in the afternoon, and having a 'normal' dinner... but after 2 weeks I'm struggling again and feeling the desire to eat everything in sight!

I want to lower my BMI and get into better shape as I've been told that could reduce my risk of having a 2nd c-section (and I'm desperate for a VBAC!) so I really need to get my act together.

In a perfect world, I'd like to lose about 45 lbs (to start). But on my TTC journey I'd be happy with starting at 15 lbs (last time I was pregnant I lost another 10 in the first trimester due to 'morning sickness'). It feels impossible :(
https://www.slimmingworldusa.com/

Thats the US one :)
Good luck all x

Hi,
Can I join this group please?
I have been doing Slimming World since February this year. So far I have lost 2 stone and 4.5 pounds. Still have another 3 and a bit stone to lose!
Me and hubby are ttc our first.This is our second cycle of trying. In the dreaded tww at the mo!
We didn't start trying until I had lost 10% of my weight (which was in April).
Can't wait until my BMI gets down into the healthy range!
Gone down three clothe sizes so far!
Good luck to everyone. :)

Oooh! I would like to join! I've been holding steady at my current weight (which is way way way too much and unhealthy and I could use the motivation from every possible angle!)

I think a healthy goal would be 50 lbs..for now! (I can always add to that later!)

I'll join! Right now going to start nightly walks and.cut back on processed foods. But in the next few months I'll be starting a heath program through my doctors. Its either a gym and weight watchers or just weight watchers...both with a nutritionist, so I'll lose faster then. I need to lose about 30 lbs to be back in the weight frame, id love to lose 50, but I'll set my goal for 40 for now. I have already lost 77lbs since coming off a medicine:) I'm also going to try my fitness pal! Good luck ladies!

Good morning! Welcome to deemarie1223, Wonderland79 and Tammerzann! I am totally inspired by the weight loss stories! I really hope this helps us reach our goals and get our :bfp: :)

So our Tuesday weigh ins is full with 12 dieters ttc! Good luck with our first week ladies and do not forget to update us next Tuesday with how you did. Expect I will be popping here to vent and weep when the going gets tough. I feel good for surviving my first day :haha: So I have started day 2 well with a bowl of porridge and a planned walk! :happydance:

So glad to be here where we can vent, share and hold each other accountable!

My first day went... "Meh". Too much sugar and a smidge too many calories though still in the weight loss zone. Didn't get any exercise though, missed yoga thanks to work. But I'll be burning lots of calories later this week helping a friend move so that will be good.

How did everyone's first day go?

Hi ladies
Would it be ok if I joined you too? I've got approximately 3 stone to lose and we're hoping to start ttc next cycle. I keep starting dieting then come crashing off and comfort eating. I could do with motivation and support!!!

Ive changed my lifestyle 2yrs end of Sept...(Joined Slimming world) So far ive lost 70.5lb. (I did lose 77lb but gained a little) I plan to get that off again plus some more hitting 84lb (6st loss)

So 13.5lb to go!

Another amazing loss! \\:D/ I have been really inspired and motivated so far by you all. Slimming World certainly has some success stories! I will add you to the list with a goal of 13.5. :) x

Thanks :) Yes SW is the best ever 'diet' Its my lifestyle of cooking/eating from habit now. best thing i did. Last pregnancy i was like 292lbs this time i wont be :) when we do get pregnant i also hope to STS or still lose as realistically got about 4stone left to lose! x

I am not sure where I went wrong with SW :/ I was advised to do green as I do not eat meat or fish but people doing the new version were losing loads! I must look for my pack. You sound like you have really turned a corner, like you say it is about lifestyle change. x
Yeah i do the Extra Easy one. (meats aswell as potatoes etc allowed together) thats how i lost it x

Hi ladies!

https://www.slimmingworldusa.com/

Thats the US one :)
Good luck all x

Thanks! I've seen the U.S. website (I live in the Netherlands though) but I keep hoping I'll just get the motivation to stick with it on my own :blush:

A few years ago we bought an elliptical (which broke last week :growlmad:) so hubby will be looking at it this week to see if he can fix it...

My DH (and his entire family) are super fit... they all eat seriously 2x as much as I do and are like half my size. DH is REALLY supportive and willing to make any/all changes I want in our lifestyles to make this easier for me (i.e. no chips/cookies in the house, buying fresh veggies and eating less processed foods) but all he has to do it LOOK at the elliptical and he loses 5 lbs. Since we started eating healthier he's lost 7 lbs by doing NOTHING! He's thrilled, and I'm happy for him, but it's frustrating!

Hi ladies
Would it be ok if I joined you too? I've got approximately 3 stone to lose and we're hoping to start ttc next cycle. I keep starting dieting then come crashing off and comfort eating. I could do with motivation and support!!!

^^ This is exactly me! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Hi ladies

^^ This is exactly me! I know EXACTLY how you feel!
Me too :( Have you tried my fitness pal Itsychik? It is a good way of logging and knowing you are getting a balanced diet too. Best of all its free! :)

I haven't tried it! I'll check it out though, thanks!

Do you mind if I join you ladies? :flower:

I've got a stone to lose to get back to near my pre preg weight, would like to be there before getting preggers again!

I've been doing Diet Chef, but then I started going to the gym as well and found I wasn't getting enough calories for the exercise, so it all went a bit wrong, as I ended up starving and then stuffing my face :blush:

As of this week I've started my 30 day shred DVD which is 20 mins every day, so hoping that will give some results. :thumbup:

Do you mind if I join you ladies? :flower:

I've got a stone to lose to get back to near my pre preg weight, would like to be there before getting preggers again!

I've been doing Diet Chef, but then I started going to the gym as well and found I wasn't getting enough calories for the exercise, so it all went a bit wrong, as I ended up starving and then stuffing my face :blush:

As of this week I've started my 30 day shred DVD which is 20 mins every day, so hoping that will give some results. :thumbup:

Hi Peggy I will add you to Wednesday, keep us updated on how you get on. You sound really motivated! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->