TTC & trying to loose weight club anyone?

Nope, was at the gym? Tell me more!

There's quite a lot of info on their FB page at the moment and they've released a statement. Using restaurants that don't exist and just random people in a flat making and delivering food, using restaurants that aren't checked by Food Standards people etc. I was quite shocked :o

Found this too: https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/just-eat-advertised-restaurants-dont-1932337

XxX:kiss:

Ooh, that doesn't sound good. We've only ever ordered from the restaurant that we used to go to, we're not very adventurous :haha:

If you want Indian take away in the future, what I do is order a chicken dansak (one of the lowest fat curries and very tasty) and plain rice. I then share bombay potatoes as a side with my hubby and I have half a poppadom. That way I still get to enjoy a treat but still keep.it sensible.
We also order from a kebab place sometimes. I have a grilled chicken kebab (no skin or breadcrumbs on the chicken at the one we order from). It comes with the usual pitta bread and salad. I make sure I ask for it without any mayo. I order two corn on the cobs with it and make sure they don't use any butter.
The worst takeaway (which I no longer have) is pizza. Just one slice of pizza is really bad and I used to eat a whole large pizza myself! What a glutton I was!
Hope some of that helps. X

Good advice, thanks! :thumbup: don't think I've ever actually eaten a kebab before though, but Pizza Hut was always a favourite!

We do like nandos though, that's got to be healthy ish do you think?

:hi: ladies!! Can I join? We are currently ntnp #3! In my husbands mind we are TTC in my mind we will TTC when I lose the weight!!

So far Ive lost 35 pounds from the day after birth of #2! Im wanting to lose 15 more pounds! Im 5'9 and 164 pounds. So by 2 pounds im considered over weight :nope: I was doing really great with weightloss until my foot surgery April 9th that has me still out for working out :nope: I maintained my weight since then up until last week when we went to Disneyland and I gained..gulp..3 pounds!!! Id love support on this journey :flower:

oh and I weigh in on Sundays! We usually go out to eat after church so I weigh in before the big feast :haha:

Hi daddies!! I'm here too!! :D I'm down for 20 lbs and weigh in on Tuesdays... Hopefully that'll give me time to clean up this mess that is the tacos and pizza I've had the last two nights. :dohh:

oh and I weigh in on Sundays! We usually go out to eat after church so I weigh in before the big feast :haha:

Hi Daddiesgift! I have added you to the list, well done on your weight loss so far! Hopefully we can all help each other on this journey :) x

Well not having long finished breakfast and I am already fed up and want to throw in the towel on the diet. I wont though, because I have wrote it down lol. TTC & dieting is a vicious circle for me :( if I am feeling low I will want to eat and who knows if my weight is impacting ttc? :cry:

Aw don't give in! :hugs:

Maybe we should talk about things other than food to keep our minds off it :haha:

So what are you all doing today?

Can I join y'all or are you already settled?

Aw don't give in! :hugs:

Maybe we should talk about things other than food to keep our minds off it :haha:

So what are you all doing today?

I have not a very exciting day ahead :haha: domestic stuff, maybe I should do some work, an interview (urgh) and we need to shop for food (its hard to avoid lol). Going to make a healthy food list :D

Right now my goal is 50, have 27 down and 23 to go. I unfortunately still have about another 50 after that but this first 50 is my goal now. I am excited to join, this will make me accountable! :)

Welcome Ali33!
You're doing really well already!

I not doing anything exciting either, need to do some ironing if Thomas lets me!

A shopping list is a good idea, that's where I go wrong, need to start planning meals and sticking to a shopping list! Especially now we have started doing baby led weaning with Thomas, so he is supposed to eat what we eat!

Thanks Peggy! After my loss last month I hit the gym right away. Made the choice that I wasn't going to comfort myself with food like I have always done in the past. Working out is a great outlet and stress reliever! :)

If you want Indian take away in the future, what I do is order a chicken dansak (one of the lowest fat curries and very tasty) and plain rice. I then share bombay potatoes as a side with my hubby and I have half a poppadom. That way I still get to enjoy a treat but still keep.it sensible.
We also order from a kebab place sometimes. I have a grilled chicken kebab (no skin or breadcrumbs on the chicken at the one we order from). It comes with the usual pitta bread and salad. I make sure I ask for it without any mayo. I order two corn on the cobs with it and make sure they don't use any butter.
The worst takeaway (which I no longer have) is pizza. Just one slice of pizza is really bad and I used to eat a whole large pizza myself! What a glutton I was!
Hope some of that helps. X

Good advice, thanks! :thumbup: don't think I've ever actually eaten a kebab before though, but Pizza Hut was always a favourite!

We do like nandos though, that's got to be healthy ish do you think?

Nandos can be a good choice for eating out. Just avoid fries, mash, sauces, burgers, coleslaw and the really large chickens.
A good choice at nandos would be butterfly chicken, spicy rice, corn on the cob and side salad (no dressing). :)

I get weighed at slimming world today. Did two hours of gardening early eve yesterday and set off my bad back! So not doing much today as I'm in a load of pain. :coffee:
Going to see my mum later coz it's her birthday today. Staying over at hers and taking her for lunch tomorrow.
The sun is out again today, yay! :)

Hi ladies!

So something I've been wondering recently... whenever you get your BFP's (yay!) how are you planning to manage weight loss and pregnancy?

I've been trying to give that a lot of thought, because I'm afraid that will give me another excuse to just give up. In an ideal world, I'd like to keep working out and stick to eating healthy, home-cooked things (more fruits and veggies!) and drinking lots of water.

Have you guys given it any thought?

Hi ladies!

So something I've been wondering recently... whenever you get your BFP's (yay!) how are you planning to manage weight loss and pregnancy?

I've been trying to give that a lot of thought, because I'm afraid that will give me another excuse to just give up. In an ideal world, I'd like to keep working out and stick to eating healthy, home-cooked things (more fruits and veggies!) and drinking lots of water.

Have you guys given it any thought?

I seem to naturally lose weight when I get pregnant lol.. Now I know that isn't what you want to hear though lol. I think if and when I get a BFP I will keep going to the gym and eating as best as I can. We never know how our bodies will react. This last pregnancy I had extreme food aversions. It is hard to say I think till we are actually pregnant..

Im on that beloved time of the month so Im of course feeling extra exhausted and hungry for anything in sight! Im always super bloated so that makes me feel worse and during the week of my period I always weigh a good two pounds more :dohh: Over it!!

We were doing really great with eating "clean", no can or box food, minimal process foods and loads of meat and veggies/fruit till my foot surgery. Then OH took over cooking and hes not much of a cook so it was mostly take out every other day so its hard to break yourself of eating the junk easy food once you start back up again!

Anyone use myfitnesspal.com? I really love that site for logging my food. If anyone wants to friend me Im ashtonscoggins :flower: My profile picture on there is of me and my two boys so you know its me :haha: Just drop me a message to let me know youre from here.

I want to lose the weight this time before having another baby so its not so hard to lose it afterwards.

Good luck to us all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"