TTCAL PCOS thread

Good thread :thumbup: I got diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, been TTC for the last 2and a bit years. Had a Lap & Dye September 2009 got my BFP October 23rd 2009 and had a natural MC November 28th 2009. Im at the gynae to discuss the next steps on wednesday, praying to god that he dosent turn me away for being overweight..im really trying to lose some :growlmad: but it just dosent want to go!! Hello to you all :hugs:

Hi Hun

I hope the gynae appointment goes well hun, I just hope that your not under Lancashire NHS nightmare !!! Whats your BMI at the mo?
I hear about these lap and dye procedures,what are these for? As I know its invasive why didnt they just give you a hycosy hun?
sorry for all the questions hun
Have they mensioned chlomid or metformin to you hun?

hugs
Nat xx

Hi Natp - Just a note on orlistat - it isn't pleasant if you eat any amount of fat containing food ( trying to post without far TMI!! ) If you want TMI just PM me.

hx

I was on some tablets once a while ago to try help with weight loss,I cant remember what they were called but i think there what you are on about. They are horrible :blush: Ive asked the Drs for something again and im not allowed anything as i am TTC!

Oh hun

cant believe doc wont give you anything to help you loose the weight. I am TTC hun and my doc as told me to loose weight with orlistat
It all depends on the doc I have found. May be try a new doc hun

hugs
Nat xx

PS. I too am not convinced that Atkins is a great diet for PCOS sufferers as you really need to balance out insulin levels and this is where the theory of the GI diet comes in and it seemsto lead to a much more balanced diet which would be more sustainable in the future - interesting link on womans health:

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/pcos6.asp

Also - personally find weight hard to lose by diet alone and have just lost 10lb in the last using the wii fit plus!!! am chuffed to bits! My BMI was 33 ( seems to be half a stone per bmi point for me - so overall I need to lose 4 stone so am on my way to my goal! )

hx

Thanks for link hun

I have just come back from the first gym sesh,img so tired hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again. As for Atkins I am scared of coming off it now as I know Ill gain weight as soon as I do arhhhhhhhh

Hugs
Nat xx

Hi Natp, was on orlistat for a few months but was before I was diagnosed with PCOS, not any major weightloss, maybe an initial boost, side affects too distressing when in work!

Have been eating v healthy for ages but no real weight loss. Also so easy to put on weight - 1 meal out put on 3lbs!! :dohh:

Have been doing wii fit for a month - it's great as it graphs your BMI and weight and calories used in the excercises. As mentioned b4 lost 10lbs :happydance: and no change to diet - as I said pretty much healthy eating anyway, given up on diets don't think they help. Pretty much eat low GI as have IBS too so this is helped by the whole wheat/seed/meal. For me I think it is easier than gym as at home and have managed to cram in 30 hours in the last month - too easy for me to talk myself out of the gym after a hard day at work!

Here is a table showing Med/Low GI foods :

https://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

It's so frustrating trying to lose weight with PCOS!! :growlmad:

hx

I think this is as the atkins diet sends your body in to starvation mode - ketosis - also not good for ttc - so the initial weight gain would be as your body re-stabalised. It isn't a good long term lifestyle diet - really understand your quandry!

Well done on the gym willpower!!

Good thread :thumbup: I got diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, been TTC for the last 2and a bit years. Had a Lap & Dye September 2009 got my BFP October 23rd 2009 and had a natural MC November 28th 2009. Im at the gynae to discuss the next steps on wednesday, praying to god that he dosent turn me away for being overweight..im really trying to lose some :growlmad: but it just dosent want to go!! Hello to you all :hugs:

Hi Hun

I hope the gynae appointment goes well hun, I just hope that your not under Lancashire NHS nightmare !!! Whats your BMI at the mo?
I hear about these lap and dye procedures,what are these for? As I know its invasive why didnt they just give you a hycosy hun?

hugs
Nat xx

my BMI is about 36 i think :cry: I try so hard to lose weight and the annoying thing is i hardly eat anything :S but i know that can be the problem sometimes!! but i dont have breakfast cause it makes me feel sick so i dont have anything till lunch or alot of the time its tea time!! I have a friend who weighs 8 stone..and she eats more than me!! :mad:
The lap and dye is basically a camera in ur womb to check for endo etc. and to check alls ok. and the dye is where they inject a blue dye into your fallopian tubes to see if it goes down the tubes ok so they can rule out if your tubes are blocked. Whats a hycosy:shrug:??!! Dont worry about the questions, its good talking to someone about it :flower: No they havent mentioned anything about either of them but the gynae said at my last appointment that after the lap & dye if all was ok the next step would be to be put on medication and be closely monitored. so i dunno what will happen!? i hope they do something for me im getting fed up! what stage are you at? Whats your BMI? xxxx

Hi Natp - Just a note on orlistat - it isn't pleasant if you eat any amount of fat containing food ( trying to post without far TMI!! ) If you want TMI just PM me.

hx

I was on some tablets once a while ago to try help with weight loss,I cant remember what they were called but i think there what you are on about. They are horrible :blush: Ive asked the Drs for something again and im not allowed anything as i am TTC!

Oh hun

cant believe doc wont give you anything to help you loose the weight. I am TTC hun and my doc as told me to loose weight with orlistat

hugs
Nat xx

Ive just joined Weightwatchers so im hoping taht will do me some good :thumbup: !!

hx

Oh hun

hugs
Nat xx

Ive just joined Weightwatchers so im hoping taht will do me some good :thumbup: !!

Weight watchers is great. I lost my weight on weight watchers (still need to loose a bit more, BMI is about 28, but I was bigger). You can also try to keep it low GI within weight watchers so it works fine with PCOS.

Good luck.

Nat, have fun at the gym!! Inspriring!

Hi Hun

hugs
Nat xx

my BMI is about 36 i think :cry: I try so hard to lose weight and the annoying thing is i hardly eat anything :S but i know that can be the problem sometimes!! but i dont have breakfast cause it makes me feel sick so i dont have anything till lunch or alot of the time its tea time!! I have a friend who weighs 8 stone..and she eats more than me!! :mad:
The lap and dye is basically a camera in ur womb to check for endo etc. and to check alls ok. and the dye is where they inject a blue dye into your fallopian tubes to see if it goes down the tubes ok so they can rule out if your tubes are blocked. Whats a hycosy:shrug:??!! Dont worry about the questions, its good talking to someone about it :flower: No they havent mentioned anything about either of them but the gynae said at my last appointment that after the lap & dye if all was ok the next step would be to be put on medication and be closely monitored. so i dunno what will happen!? i hope they do something for me im getting fed up! what stage are you at? Whats your BMI? xxxx

Hi Hun

The lap and dye is similar to hycosy but they inject the dye through a the cervix with a cathitor, with the hycosy its less invasive I think.
Thats what showed I had pcos but had very clear tubes.
As for BMI it was 40 last month arhhhh but got it down to 38 now. I have to get it down to 35 before the NHS will treat,as your BMI is 36 they may treat you but I have been told there very strict throughout the country. Fingers crossed they ll help you hun.
My stage lol...nightmare stage at mo just diagnoised with pcos and have to get my bmi down ,then they ll give me chlomid to force ovulation hopefully. I have asked my GP to prescribe me metformin but he cant until that useless gynae consultant sends him another report. All I can do is just keep dieting and keep with the gym and the yukky orlistat

Hugs
Nat xx

hx

Oh hun

hugs
Nat xx

Weight watchers is great. I lost my weight on weight watchers (still need to loose a bit more, BMI is about 28, but I was bigger). You can also try to keep it low GI within weight watchers so it works fine with PCOS.

Good luck.

Nat, have fun at the gym!! Inspriring!

Hey Hun

Weight Watchers is a very good diet,the weight loss is very slow for me on WW and for the medical reasons I was told to get this weight off quick

Hugs
Nat xxx

Hi Natp, was on orlistat for a few months but was before I was diagnosed with PCOS, not any major weightloss, maybe an initial boost, side affects too distressing when in work!

Have been eating v healthy for ages but no real weight loss. Also so easy to put on weight - 1 meal out put on 3lbs!! :dohh:

Have been doing wii fit for a month - it's great as it graphs your BMI and weight and calories used in the excercises. As mentioned b4 lost 10lbs :happydance: and no change to diet - as I said pretty much healthy eating anyway, given up on diets don't think they help. Pretty much eat low GI as have IBS too so this is helped by the whole wheat/seed/meal. For me I think it is easier than gym as at home and have managed to cram in 30 hours in the last month - too easy for me to talk myself out of the gym after a hard day at work!

Here is a table showing Med/Low GI foods :

https://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

It's so frustrating trying to lose weight with PCOS!! :growlmad:

hx

Thanks for the link - I think I am going to have to buckle down and go down the low gi route. I am a slim PCOS'er but really struggle with sweet things, chocolate is a big weak spot for me but then I get a sugar crash and need another!
The link to the chart is great, I was having corn flakes thinking they were good for me lol! Will swap to Special K, and white bread has sneaked back in to the house too!
Will dig back out my low gi traffic light book. Dont think it will be too hard to stick too and not many changed really as I see I eat most of the low gi foods.

What do you reckon sugar free marshmallows come under?
Need to find some low gi sweet treats for when it gets the better of me lol

Hi Chocs, don't know but you'd think they'd be low GI with no sugar!
At least you'd have something to satisfy your sweet tooth. The other thing I think about the low GI is it isn't all about weightloss - it is meant to help PCOSers maintain the sugar levels and avoid the spikes - being insulin resistant means you then go in to insulin overdrive - it's annoying as the rest of the world seems to be high GI all the way!

Hi Hun

hugs
Nat xx

Hi Hun

The lap and dye is similar to hycosy but they inject the dye through a the cervix with a cathitor, with the hycosy its less invasive I think.
Thats what showed I had pcos but had very clear tubes.
As for BMI it was 40 last month arhhhh but got it down to 38 now. I have to get it down to 35 before the NHS will treat,as your BMI is 36 they may treat you but I have been told there very strict throughout the country. Fingers crossed they ll help you hun.
My stage lol...nightmare stage at mo just diagnoised with pcos and have to get my bmi down ,then they ll give me chlomid to force ovulation hopefully. I have asked my GP to prescribe me metformin but he cant until that useless gynae consultant sends him another report. All I can do is just keep dieting and keep with the gym and the yukky orlistat

Hugs
Nat xx

Hey Nat - you never know - they say the weightloss itself can regulate the ovulation too for PCOS! fingers crossed! hx

Hi Chocs, don't know but you'd think they'd be low GI with no sugar!
At least you'd have something to satisfy your sweet tooth. The other thing I think about the low GI is it isn't all about weightloss - it is meant to help PCOSers maintain the sugar levels and avoid the spikes - being insulin resistant means you then go in to insulin overdrive - it's annoying as the rest of the world seems to be high GI all the way!

Well Ive discovered that Nesquick chocolate milk is ok, so am going to get some in, and I also fancy banana smoothies as a snack so thats 2 things. I will still have the odd meal high gi etc. but keep it for special occassions ..... anything has got to be better for me than the high gi I eat now!

A while ago I did cut out chocolate and felt much better for it, so this is worth a go, especially if I am pregnant as last time I couldnt resist the cakes!

Hello fellow PCOSers. I was diagnosed with PCOS around 2 years ago. I dont have the typical PCOS symptoms such as long cycles or lack of ovulation. Mine was diagnosed through a follicle scan while on clomid my dr said that I have a bunch of small follies instead of normal healthy ones. He prescribed Met and I hated it at first. Then my body got used to it. After a year of no sucess I just stopped everything and feel pg unfortunatly it was my second ectopic. I went back ont he Met but noticed that everytime I have fallen pg it has been while not taking any of the meds so I once again and med free and have been since August considering at least going back on the Met. Very frustrated and tired of waiting. Good Luck to you all.

Hi Puppymom - You have been through so much - no wonder you so frustrated! :hugs:

Just wondering what any hormone tests have revealed for you? You must have had them all in 12 yrs!

Have they offered IVF so you don't risk your tube or is this something you couldn't consider?

Hope you get there soon hx

Hb1, Thanks sweetheart All the hormone test came back fine. And I have had them done several times just to be sure there werent any changes. DH's sperm is fine as well. I am considering IVF but much later down the road because I am in the US it will all be out of pocket most of my fertility treatment has been private because my insurance wont cover anything fertility related. I also found out recently that I have mild endo and a fibriod in my uterus but my docs assure me that this shouldnt cause an issue. I'm not really convinced. I have been looking into adoption. Best of luck to you too.

Im hoping weight watchers will get me on the right track to losing a few pounds (or stones!) My appointment tomorrow...very anxious as to what will happen!! I know tomorrow is going to be a really good day or really bad day!! as its my first weigh in at weight watchers!! Ive been good-ish though!! We had a take-away tonight, OH had a massive pizza, chips, garlic bread the lot and i had a SIDE SALAD!!! Was yummy though!! but the pizza did look nice!!lol but i was very proud of myself!! xxxx

Hb1, Thanks sweetheart All the hormone test came back fine. And I have had them done several times just to be sure there werent any changes. DH's sperm is fine as well. I am considering IVF but much later down the road because I am in the US it will all be out of pocket most of my fertility treatment has been private because my insurance wont cover anything fertility related. I also found out recently that I have mild endo and a fibriod in my uterus but my docs assure me that this shouldnt cause an issue. I'm not really convinced. I have been looking into adoption. Best of luck to you too.

Hope you get some good news soon :hugs: and adoption is a lovely thing to, its something ive said i would do in a few years if nothings happened.:flower:

bumpy,
Best of luck at your appt tomorrow. I am sure it will be fine. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->