• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTCAL PCOS thread

Hb1, Thanks sweetheart All the hormone test came back fine. And I have had them done several times just to be sure there werent any changes. DH's sperm is fine as well. I am considering IVF but much later down the road because I am in the US it will all be out of pocket most of my fertility treatment has been private because my insurance wont cover anything fertility related. I also found out recently that I have mild endo and a fibriod in my uterus but my docs assure me that this shouldnt cause an issue. I'm not really convinced. I have been looking into adoption. Best of luck to you too.

my Auntie has v bad endo, tried ivf and everything and had a mc, she adopted my cousin Emma and then 2 years later got pg without even trying and now has 2 healthy little brothers for Emma - goes to show I guess !!

Good thread :thumbup: I got diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, been TTC for the last 2and a bit years. Had a Lap & Dye September 2009 got my BFP October 23rd 2009 and had a natural MC November 28th 2009. Im at the gynae to discuss the next steps on wednesday, praying to god that he dosent turn me away for being overweight..im really trying to lose some :growlmad: but it just dosent want to go!! Hello to you all :hugs:

Hi Hun

I hope the gynae appointment goes well hun, I just hope that your not under Lancashire NHS nightmare !!! Whats your BMI at the mo?
I hear about these lap and dye procedures,what are these for? As I know its invasive why didnt they just give you a hycosy hun?
sorry for all the questions hun
Have they mensioned chlomid or metformin to you hun?

hugs
Nat xx

my BMI is about 36 i think :cry: I try so hard to lose weight and the annoying thing is i hardly eat anything :S but i know that can be the problem sometimes!! but i dont have breakfast cause it makes me feel sick so i dont have anything till lunch or alot of the time its tea time!! I have a friend who weighs 8 stone..and she eats more than me!! :mad:
The lap and dye is basically a camera in ur womb to check for endo etc. and to check alls ok. and the dye is where they inject a blue dye into your fallopian tubes to see if it goes down the tubes ok so they can rule out if your tubes are blocked. Whats a hycosy:shrug:??!! Dont worry about the questions, its good talking to someone about it :flower: No they havent mentioned anything about either of them but the gynae said at my last appointment that after the lap & dye if all was ok the next step would be to be put on medication and be closely monitored. so i dunno what will happen!? i hope they do something for me im getting fed up! what stage are you at? Whats your BMI? xxxx

Hi Hun

The lap and dye is similar to hycosy but they inject the dye through a the cervix with a cathitor, with the hycosy its less invasive I think.
Thats what showed I had pcos but had very clear tubes.
As for BMI it was 40 last month arhhhh but got it down to 38 now. I have to get it down to 35 before the NHS will treat,as your BMI is 36 they may treat you but I have been told there very strict throughout the country. Fingers crossed they ll help you hun.
My stage lol...nightmare stage at mo just diagnoised with pcos and have to get my bmi down ,then they ll give me chlomid to force ovulation hopefully. I have asked my GP to prescribe me metformin but he cant until that useless gynae consultant sends him another report. All I can do is just keep dieting and keep with the gym and the yukky orlistat

Hugs
Nat xx

Ohh Ive never heard of that. To be honest i would have the lap&dye again tommorow as i think thats what helped me conceive last time and its quite commen for it to happen!:thumbup: Well done you on getting your BMI down, uve done so well to get it down that quickly! Give it another couple of months and u will be down to 35! xxx

Im hoping weight watchers will get me on the right track to losing a few pounds (or stones!) My appointment tomorrow...very anxious as to what will happen!! I know tomorrow is going to be a really good day or really bad day!! as its my first weigh in at weight watchers!! Ive been good-ish though!! We had a take-away tonight, OH had a massive pizza, chips, garlic bread the lot and i had a SIDE SALAD!!! Was yummy though!! but the pizza did look nice!!lol but i was very proud of myself!! xxxx

Good luck Bumpyboo - let us know how you get on! Here's hoping for a fabulous day! :happydance:

Hb1, Thanks sweetheart All the hormone test came back fine. And I have had them done several times just to be sure there werent any changes. DH's sperm is fine as well. I am considering IVF but much later down the road because I am in the US it will all be out of pocket most of my fertility treatment has been private because my insurance wont cover anything fertility related. I also found out recently that I have mild endo and a fibriod in my uterus but my docs assure me that this shouldnt cause an issue. I'm not really convinced. I have been looking into adoption. Best of luck to you too.

my Auntie has v bad endo, tried ivf and everything and had a mc, she adopted my cousin Emma and then 2 years later got pg without even trying and now has 2 healthy little brothers for Emma - goes to show I guess !!

I have heard that is quite common for a lot of people I would not be upset at all to have two close together.

hi guys. I have pcos and am on metformin. started on 500mg in october and am up to 2000mg now. i've ovulated once since coming off bcp (that was last month, due to metformin) but it seems like that's it!

FS appointment in March so hopefully clomid. But how can clomid work if I'm not having periods???

sorry just noticed this is on the loss page - i just clicked on the link cos i click on anything with pcos in the title! i shall jog on back to ltttc! best of luck to you all xxx

Definitely - my Auntie was so happy - going from the waiting game and thinking it wasn't meant to be to the most complete family she could ever wish for hx

hi guys. I have pcos and am on metformin. started on 500mg in october and am up to 2000mg now. i've ovulated once since coming off bcp (that was last month, due to metformin) but it seems like that's it!

FS appointment in March so hopefully clomid. But how can clomid work if I'm not having periods???

sorry just noticed this is on the loss page - i just clicked on the link cos i click on anything with pcos in the title! i shall jog on back to ltttc! best of luck to you all xxx

Not sure but here's a clomid link : https://www.justmommies.com/articles/clomid-and-ovulation.shtml

There is also a clomid club thread on LTTTC which would have a lot of experts.

I guess there'll be a lot of ladies who fit in both LTTTC and TTCAL forums!
We're all in it together!
hx

Not sure but here's a clomid link : https://www.justmommies.com/articles/clomid-and-ovulation.shtml

There is also a clomid club thread on LTTTC which would have a lot of experts.

I guess there'll be a lot of ladies who fit in both LTTTC and TTCAL forums!
We're all in it together!
hx

I had clomid and wasnt having periods - firstly they gave me something to create a period - provera I think, then the clomid to make me ovulate, which worked well and cocieved ds on the 2nd go!

Can anyone tell me why PCOS sometimes increases the chance of miscarriage? Is it because of insulin levels - ie - should I be trying really really hard to stick to low gi? I am on metformin, apparantley that helps with decreasing the mc chances, so maybe it is to do with insulin levels etc.??

Not sure chocolate my doctor said in may case it was that I had a bunch of small follies that would never turn into big healthy eggs. So I know that the Met helps me create big follies to hopefully have healthier more viable eggs. I would imagine it does have something to do with the way our bodies handle the insulin. Sorry not much help.

So fed up ,Doctor still hasnt got back to me about prescribing me Metformin. Called clinic everyday since last Friday. I chased up all the reports with the hospital and had them faxed to him.........but still asnt got back to me!!!
So stressed at mo and have my daughers due date next week :(

Anyway how are you all doing?

hugs
nat xxx

Can anyone tell me why PCOS sometimes increases the chance of miscarriage? Is it because of insulin levels - ie - should I be trying really really hard to stick to low gi? I am on metformin, apparantley that helps with decreasing the mc chances, so maybe it is to do with insulin levels etc.??

Hi Choc

As far as the insulin thing is concerned the low GI helps as it prevents spikes in your blood sugar levels which increase the level of insulin in your body, which in most PCOS ladies is insulin resistant so your body creates much more than it needs. They think that the insulin hormone in turn stimulates the ovaries to create excess male hormones which throws the rest of your hormones out of balance.

As your cells become more insulin resistant it increases the likelyhood of becoming glucose intolerant which is where the risk of diabetes in later life comes in.

The elevated insulin hormone is also thought to be the cause of elevated LH hormone which is involved in bringing about ovulation and so can mess with the timing of egg release and also the other hormone balances surrounding the delicately balanced reproductive cycles as well as increasing the chances of blood clots. This is why Metformin is prescribed - it sensitises you to insulin so you don't over produce and mess your hormonal balance up but also maintaining a nice level blood sugar and avoiding the spikes etc etc.

The GI number of a food relates to how fast or slow sugar is released in to your system - I guess it's about acheiving a balance - boring but hopefully worth it in the long run!

hx

Nat - really don't know what to say about your Docs apart from how pants!! don't get yourself stressed tho - that really won't help. Book an appointment to see them and keep seeing them until you get there !!

Hey All,

So i just got back from my appointment at the hospital....and what a waste of time it was:nope: as i thought the Dr told me that as seen as I know i can get pregnant to give it another 6 months.:cry: I said that my periods were irregular so her advice on that was to lose weight, my BMI is 36...which i know im overweight but im 1 over there cut off line to get help! So its another long 6 months for me and im determined i WILL get pregnant on my own!! On the plus side she did give me some provera as I havent had my first AF since miscarriage, so fingers crossed it will get my body back into the swing of things!! But im feeling very doubtful and once again P****D off with the stupid NHS!!! xx

Hey Bumbyboo - your GP can also treat your PCOS - it is my GP that prescribed Met for me, it isn't a fertility drug but to treat the insulin resistance ( which makes it too easy to put weight on and v hard to lose it ). I can get pregnant without it but the hormonal inbalance threatens the health of my pregnancy - keep on with it - you will get there!!

Hi Choc

As far as the insulin thing is concerned the low GI helps as it prevents spikes in your blood sugar levels which increase the level of insulin in your body, which in most PCOS ladies is insulin resistant so your body creates much more than it needs. They think that the insulin hormone in turn stimulates the ovaries to create excess male hormones which throws the rest of your hormones out of balance.

As your cells become more insulin resistant it increases the likelyhood of becoming glucose intolerant which is where the risk of diabetes in later life comes in.

The elevated insulin hormone is also thought to be the cause of elevated LH hormone which is involved in bringing about ovulation and so can mess with the timing of egg release and also the other hormone balances surrounding the delicately balanced reproductive cycles as well as increasing the chances of blood clots. This is why Metformin is prescribed - it sensitises you to insulin so you don't over produce and mess your hormonal balance up but also maintaining a nice level blood sugar and avoiding the spikes etc etc.

The GI number of a food relates to how fast or slow sugar is released in to your system - I guess it's about acheiving a balance - boring but hopefully worth it in the long run!

hx

Have just found this: https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/gi_diet/glycaemic_index_tables.htm and it says milk chocolate is LOW GI!!!
So how much do you reckon is classed as low lol?

Hey Ladies I just seen this thread I thought I would add my little "experience" with PCOS and what I have gone through so far.

Well My period was fine up until sept 08 I went without a period until feb 09. During that time I thought I was pregnant (as you would if you have NEVER had an irregular period) So I went to my GP in November 2008 after countless amount of negative HPT'S and he took some blood tests.

He checked my hormone levels - they were fine - infact all the results came back ok. So I was sent for an internal scan. This is where I was told I had PCOS. There was multiple cysts on both ovaries and none of them contained any eggs. (funny enough the appointment for the scan didnt come through for about 3 months so I ended up having a period before I went for the internal so I guess that’s why there was no eggs??) Stupid NHS system,

Anyway afterwards my doctor gave me "the pill" to regulate my periods because at the time I wasn't TTC. But I wasn't not trying if that makes sense so I didn’t bother to take the pill. Anyway my periods were fine from then (feb 09) to july 09 came every 4 weeks.

Then in July 09 we decide to try for our family. My periods went a little wonky and my last period was in November 09. I went to my doctors and told him about us TTC and he said "you have to try for atleast 12 months by yourself".........I'm not being funny but I have a condition....A condition that effects my ovulation.....I can't do it on my own so whats the point in trying for a year when I know I wont get pregnant??? Its like a waste of time (so I thought)

Anyway I changed my doctors and went to see my new GP yesterday.....

In the time between changing doctors (Nov 09 - now) I think I ovulated by myself on the 4th of this month- and got a faint line on a HPT!

I saw my Doctor and he said he wants to take some blood on the 3rd of Feb to confirm the pregnancy.

So I guess ladies I was wrong....You dont "really" need medication to get pregnant! Yes its alot harder for us and it is such a stressful thing TTC and having PCOS on top of it but dont lose faith. People use to tell me all the time "just relax it will happen" and "it will happen when you least expect it" but I didnt want to hear it...I didnt want to relax when its all I could think about. I wanted it NOW! And having to deal with another complication of PCOS such as miscarriage....not once but TWICE! Made it 1,000,000,000 times harder!!

I just pray this blood test comes out positive and I really hope every single one of you ladies get your :bfp: because we all REALLY do deserve it!!

:hugs: xxxxx

Hey Ladies I just seen this thread I thought I would add my little "experience" with PCOS and what I have gone through so far.

Well My period was fine up until sept 08 I went without a period until feb 09. During that time I thought I was pregnant (as you would if you have NEVER had an irregular period) So I went to my GP in November 2008 after countless amount of negative HPT'S and he took some blood tests.

He checked my hormone levels - they were fine - infact all the results came back ok. So I was sent for an internal scan. This is where I was told I had PCOS. There was multiple cysts on both ovaries and none of them contained any eggs. (funny enough the appointment for the scan didnt come through for about 3 months so I ended up having a period before I went for the internal so I guess that’s why there was no eggs??) Stupid NHS system,

Anyway afterwards my doctor gave me "the pill" to regulate my periods because at the time I wasn't TTC. But I wasn't not trying if that makes sense so I didn’t bother to take the pill. Anyway my periods were fine from then (feb 09) to july 09 came every 4 weeks.

Then in July 09 we decide to try for our family. My periods went a little wonky and my last period was in November 09. I went to my doctors and told him about us TTC and he said "you have to try for atleast 12 months by yourself".........I'm not being funny but I have a condition....A condition that effects my ovulation.....I can't do it on my own so whats the point in trying for a year when I know I wont get pregnant??? Its like a waste of time (so I thought)

In the time between changing doctors (Nov 09 - now) I think I ovulated by myself on the 4th of this month- and got a faint line on a HPT!

I saw my Doctor and he said he wants to take some blood on the 3rd of Feb to confirm the pregnancy.

So I guess ladies I was wrong....You dont "really" need medication to get pregnant! Yes its alot harder for us and it is such a stressful thing TTC and having PCOS on top of it but dont lose faith. People use to tell me all the time "just relax it will happen" and "it will happen when you least expect it" but I didnt want to hear it...I didnt want to relax when its all I could think about. I wanted it NOW! And having to deal with another complication of PCOS such as miscarriage....not once but TWICE! Made it 1,000,000,000 times harder!!

I just pray this blood test comes out positive and I really hope every single one of you ladies get your :bfp: because we all REALLY do deserve it!!

Congratulations!! Hope you have a better doctor this time too - hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months:happydance:

Congratulations!! Hope you have a better doctor this time too - hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months:happydance:

Thank you hun its not confirmed but I really hope it is otherwise I will be back to square one and will have to wait until July 2010 until Im "allowed" any medication....sucks I know!! So Im really really praying this is it!

I really hope you get a :bfp: soon all of you are in my prayers :hugs: xx

Thank you hun its not confirmed but I really hope it is otherwise I will be back to square one and will have to wait until July 2010 until Im "allowed" any medication....sucks I know!! So Im really really praying this is it!

I really hope you get a :bfp: soon all of you are in my prayers :hugs: xx

Fingers crossed for the blood test - I think I may have a very very very faint line and I could me mistaken, so I too will wait for a line and then ask for a blood test to confirm (dont really feel pregnant tbh) and I still wont relax lol!
How are you feeling? Symptoms?

Hey Bumbyboo - your GP can also treat your PCOS - it is my GP that prescribed Met for me, it isn't a fertility drug but to treat the insulin resistance ( which makes it too easy to put weight on and v hard to lose it ). I can get pregnant without it but the hormonal inbalance threatens the health of my pregnancy - keep on with it - you will get there!!

I suggested met to my dr once and she said that she was unable to prescribe it as i would have to be under close observation and only the gynae could prescribe :shrug: The gynae said to me today the only thing she can give me to regulate my periods is the contraceptive pill...WELL DERRRR IM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT!!! Just when you think your getting somewhere your hopes get shattered and you feel you cant get any lower and doubtful! Im definitly going to go back to the drs though and say I wasnt happy, I felt fobbed off!! Probably cause it was 5pm and she wanted to get home for tea! I wish it was the same man as last time as he seemed very helpful and straighta way got me in for a lap&dye a few weeks later! I finally thought i was going to get sorted but i guess i thought wrong!! I was trying to say to her that i wanted something doing but its like she didnt understand me. Going back in 6 months may not seem that long to her but in another 6 months it will be nearly 3years of TTc (which i know isnt that long compared to some people.) I was hoping taht i would be a Mummy in 2010 but at this rate i wont be. :cry: Anyway ive been to my first weigh-in and lost 2lbs! I was hoping i would have lost more but i guess 2lbs off is better than 2lb on!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->