Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Well husbands SA doesn't go so well...he goes back Monday for another appointment for a regiment of meds and procedures. I assumed this would be the case becuz he takes lord if body building supplements. AFM...my GYN says I'm perfect but ordered day 3 and day 21 blood work. I'm setting up my HSG but my insurance may not cover it, which will cost me $400, so I'm praying this all comes together.

Hello ladies I had my post op on Friday, I asked the doctor about having me take Clomid and he said he would like to wait six months. Now I'm very sad and preocupied I woke up with pain on my left side and when I touch my skin and press on it lightly it hurts. I called the doctor and he's on vacation I was advised over the phone by another doctor to take Motrin and apply heat to the area. I did that but I found no relief I'm having difficulties sitting up and walking. I went to the hospital,the doctor performed a vaginal ultrasound and said there was some fluid but that it's normal after having surgery and she said that my Fallopian tube seems dilated. I was just so confused my lab work came back normal. But since I'm in a foreign country it's hard she asked me about my incision and I said that's where the surgery was performed. I'm waiting until the morning and see if I can be seen by a military doctor and hopefully try and get ahold of the doctor that performed the surgery. Ladies I need tons of prayers I have only one tube and I'm so afraid something is wrong. Have anyone of you experienced something like this after your reversal? Any advice, thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Armyspouse:hugs: so very sorry you're not doing well today:nope: the very best thing you could do right now is REST...don't overdo it at all! err on the side of caution! I'm sure everything is fine inside there. Have you ever had a c-section? My last 2 babies were c-section so it greatly prepared me for the pain to come with the TR:winkwink: It must be very difficult to be trying to communicate in a foreign country:nope: You know your body better than anyone else, so definitely seek emergency care if you need it...check for fever or red, angry looking swelling at the incision site. It's common for the tube to be swollen...it's just had surgery:winkwink: And only having one tube is A-okay as well! Lots of ladies get preggers with just one tube! What is the length of the good tube? I know there are MANY schools of thought on when it's okay to start TTC, but I was part of another TR board of which one of the moderators is a BIG TR guru...she's had 4 tr babies..but is emphatic that her dr. said TTC too soon cause infection in the tubes (sperm causing the infection if they are still mending...)...furthest thing from your mind right now, I'm sure!!:wacko:

I will most certainly be praying for you:hugs: REST, REST, REST:hugs:

Well husbands SA doesn't go so well...he goes back Monday for another appointment for a regiment of meds and procedures. I assumed this would be the case becuz he takes lord if body building supplements. AFM...my GYN says I'm perfect but ordered day 3 and day 21 blood work. I'm setting up my HSG but my insurance may not cover it, which will cost me $400, so I'm praying this all comes together.

Jen, good you found this out NOW with dh rather than TTC for a year and nada! Lots can be done to boost count, morph, volume etc.:thumbup: once you have specifics on the exact issues, we'll go to work with Dr. Google:haha: Also a good plan to get your day 3 and 21 tests done..although make sure you actually O on day 14 or the day 21 test won't be accurate! You've probably read that by now...need to do "day 21" test 7 days after O. Are you temping? BEST way to see exact day of ovulation:thumbup: I didn't do day 3 or day 21 tests for a loooong time after TR! Wish I would have done them sooner as I had very low progesterone and could have been using something sooner to boost that. It also helps to know what are the best herbs or supplements (if you're planning to use any of these;) to use depending on your LH, FSH etc. I know you posted recently about red clover. I was all excited to start drinking a red clover infusion...even bought the herbs and made a few quarts (and drank a few quarts...eeek!) but my naturopath (in Switzerland) said red clover is excellent for menopausal women but NOT for non-menopausal, fertile women. It's recommended for women of 40 TTC since it has estrogenic effects....something I don't need as I've struggled with estrogen dominance for the past 2 years...finally looks like it's balancing out though.

Hang in there! You've completed the first step...now getting your bodies ready for baby making is the next step:flower: Hope it happens quickly for you:hugs:

Armyspouse:hugs: so very sorry you're not doing well today:nope: the very best thing you could do right now is REST...don't overdo it at all! err on the side of caution! I'm sure everything is fine inside there. Have you ever had a c-section? My last 2 babies were c-section so it greatly prepared me for the pain to come with the TR:winkwink: It must be very difficult to be trying to communicate in a foreign country:nope: You know your body better than anyone else, so definitely seek emergency care if you need it...check for fever or red, angry looking swelling at the incision site. It's common for the tube to be swollen...it's just had surgery:winkwink: And only having one tube is A-okay as well! Lots of ladies get preggers with just one tube! What is the length of the good tube? I know there are MANY schools of thought on when it's okay to start TTC, but I was part of another TR board of which one of the moderators is a BIG TR guru...she's had 4 tr babies..but is emphatic that her dr. said TTC too soon cause infection in the tubes (sperm causing the infection if they are still mending...)...furthest thing from your mind right now, I'm sure!!:wacko:

I will most certainly be praying for you:hugs: REST, REST, REST:hugs:

Faith, thank you for your advice. I've never had a c section, I have a new found respect for ladies that have delivered via c section. The length of my tube is 6 cm. I'm definitely resting and staying in bed. The incision is fine it's my left side that I feel that burning sensation and the skin is sensitive to the touch even if I press lightly on it :( My husband and I have not tried to do the deed yet, I'm scared and we want to be careful. Thank you so much for your prayers.

I had some burning and stinging on my right side. I was pretty run down for the first week, by day 7 post surgery I was better. I still have stinging pain here and there by my incision but my scar looks amazing. GL and yes...REST!!!

The burning and stinging sensation can also be from the nerve endings that were cut during surgery healing and growing back together. I hope you can get some relief from the discomfort.

Jenafyr - sorry about the SA. Hopefully he can start making changes and then another SA in 3 months will be better. Any changes he makes now will take that long before showing improvement.

The burning and stinging sensation can also be from the nerve endings that were cut during surgery healing and growing back together. I hope you can get some relief from the discomfort.

Jenafyr - sorry about the SA. Hopefully he can start making changes and then another SA in 3 months will be better. Any changes he makes now will take that long before showing improvement.

Yes... I know..he has already made some changes and is on a lot of vitamins, The dr wants to see him Monday, so hopefully we can get some answers then. He has SOME working spermies... lol so we shall see

All these new tr's!! I hope none of you have to wait for long ;)

Started clomid today. Waiting for my head to turn around on my neck....

All these new tr's!! I hope none of you have to wait for long ;)

Started clomid today. Waiting for my head to turn around on my neck....

HAHA I only laugh because I was phsyco on Clomid! BANANAS isn't even the right word for it.

I wish you the best with that and hope it works! After taking Femara this cycle I fell in love with it :hugs:

My Dr won't prescribe me clomid for 4 months at least. He said I'm perfect and he doesn't want to fix something that's not broke...I trust him.

Had my HSG yesterday. During the test the Radiologist said the right was wide open, left unsure. Of course I automatically lost it. The left is my longer side @ 4.0 & my dominant Ovary. Came home & just cried like a baby in dh arms. He just kept saying if its His will it will happen, it will be ok....I was mad, sad & felt defeated. I had talked to a few ladies & prayers were sent, God knows I cried out to him lol Then a text came from my friend that works at the imaging center, saying congrats on your open tubes!!???? I was baffled so I called her. She does dictation & said my report states "Bilateral patency of BOTH Tubes!!!" So relieved & thankful for answered prayers!!! Got up this morning & found some icky brown goo & a little spotting. Hoping the tubes are good & cleaned out for TTC this weekend!!! :happydance:

Hello ladies, I'm happy to inform that I'm feeling much better today. I rested all day yesterday and I'm doing the same today. Also, AF came in today! I'm excited and relieved can't wait to try for a baby. My husband is dying to jump on me we have not done anything since before the surgery (sorry for the tmi).

Had my HSG yesterday. During the test the Radiologist said the right was wide open, left unsure. Of course I automatically lost it. The left is my longer side @ 4.0 & my dominant Ovary. Came home & just cried like a baby in dh arms. He just kept saying if its His will it will happen, it will be ok....I was mad, sad & felt defeated. I had talked to a few ladies & prayers were sent, God knows I cried out to him lol Then a text came from my friend that works at the imaging center, saying congrats on your open tubes!!???? I was baffled so I called her. She does dictation & said my report states "Bilateral patency of BOTH Tubes!!!" So relieved & thankful for answered prayers!!! Got up this morning & found some icky brown goo & a little spotting. Hoping the tubes are good & cleaned out for TTC this weekend!!! :happydance:

That is great! I had short tubes too. My right (I think) is 2.5 and my left is 3.0. My left side was my dominant side too. It took us a little longer, but it did finally happen!
The brown icky stuff is from the test and it should go away soon!

I am so happy for your GREAT news! :happydance:

That's great cupcake....:hugs: for you. My hsg is scheduled for next Tuesday assuming my insurance doesn't pull some tricks, but the lady said they wouldn't have put me on the books if that was the case.....so how long did the procedure take?

Armyspiyse, glad to hear your feeling better. My af arrived the day after my surgery...ugh so I had a double wammy...

Hope all you ladies are well. I have my CD3 testing this morning. Have a great day!!!

Cupcake, great news:happydance: what a relief to have the tubes open. I'll be this your month!! :hugs:

Army, so glad you're feeling better. Tell hubby the wait will be worth it:winkwink:

Jen, my hsg took MINUTES..I couldn't believe how fast the procedure went! I think the RE is used to women being really nervous about the whole thing so they purposely move things along so quickly, you don't even know what's next! When I arrived, the nurse took me to the room and had me remove bottoms down...put the wrap around lap thingy on...lay down on the table...she put an "apron" on my neck to keep the radiation from damaging my thyroid. RE came in moments later, pulled up his little rolling chair...I scooted down...legs in the stirups and he put a speculum in...so far everything was just like having a pap. He said I may feel some cramping or pinching...I waited a moment and nothing! Then a second later he, the nurse and a student in training were all looking at the monitor and saying...yep, look at that...spilling from both tubes! He immediately removed everything and I was done! Whole procedure was probably 15 minutes start to finish! I DIDN'T FEEL A THING...likely because I took a codeine (leftover from surgery recovery) about an hour before the procedure. :haha: (I had read some horror stories before having the procedure done:dohh:) The nurses instructions when I book the appt. was take 2 advil an hour before the procedure.:winkwink: Good luck:thumbup:

Ladies, I'm ready to throw my therm out this month! I replaced the battery in February. I again replaced the battery at CD 16 this month...suspecting the battery might be going bad due to flat temps. I've been taking my temp throughout the last few days...various times during the day and even before bed and the temp is always different, which leads me to believe the battery is ok! However, I did put in, yet another, new battery after taking my temp this morning. We'll see what tomorrow's temp is.:dohh: I'm seriously considering buying a glass thermometer...I bet I've purchased 8 digital BBTs since TTC in December 2010:growlmad: I'm 8dpo today and my past 8 days of temps have been: 97.8, 97.7, 97.7, 97.8, 97.8, 97.8, 97.8, 97.7:wacko: ...off to Amazon to buy a glass bbt:winkwink:

Cupcake, great news:happydance: what a relief to have the tubes open. I'll be this your month!! :hugs:

Army, so glad you're feeling better. Tell hubby the wait will be worth it:winkwink:

Jen, my hsg took MINUTES..I couldn't believe how fast the procedure went! I think the RE is used to women being really nervous about the whole thing so they purposely move things along so quickly, you don't even know what's next! When I arrived, the nurse took me to the room and had me remove bottoms down...put the wrap around lap thingy on...lay down on the table...she put an "apron" on my neck to keep the radiation from damaging my thyroid. RE came in moments later, pulled up his little rolling chair...I scooted down...legs in the stirups and he put a speculum in...so far everything was just like having a pap. He said I may feel some cramping or pinching...I waited a moment and nothing! Then a second later he, the nurse and a student in training were all looking at the monitor and saying...yep, look at that...spilling from both tubes! He immediately removed everything and I was done! Whole procedure was probably 15 minutes start to finish! I DIDN'T FEEL A THING...likely because I took a codeine (leftover from surgery recovery) about an hour before the procedure. :haha: (I had read some horror stories before having the procedure done:dohh:) The nurses instructions when I book the appt. was take 2 advil an hour before the procedure.:winkwink: Good luck:thumbup:

I don't have an RE, just my regular GYN so my HSG is being done by a radiologist at the Hospital. I hope they give me the results because usually you have to wait for them to call the doctor...UGH I'm not very patient :haha:

I'm waiting for my doctor to call with my CD3 test results for (TSH, FSH, LH and CBC) And my HSG was moved to Friday at 10am...YAY :happydance:

That's great cupcake....:hugs: for you. My hsg is scheduled for next Tuesday assuming my insurance doesn't pull some tricks, but the lady said they wouldn't have put me on the books if that was the case.....so how long did the procedure take?

Armyspiyse, glad to hear your feeling better. My af arrived the day after my surgery...ugh so I had a double wammy...

Hope all you ladies are well. I have my CD3 testing this morning. Have a great day!!!

The test lasted like 10 mins. Had some cramping, but no real pain, just discomfort. Just curious, but why are you having an HSG now, since you just had your TR recently? It was my understanding you should give yourself at least 6 months to heal to prevent damaging the surgical site & due to the risk of infection.....Wouldn't think you would have had time to form any scar tissue yet since your surgery was so recent...

Jen, that's great that you can get your blood test results so quickly! I had to wait 4 looong days..lol! Hope your fit-as-a-fiddle:winkwink:...it's great peace of mind just KNOWING what's going on. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->