Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

We had looked into ivf before getting my TR done because DH's SA isn't great. It's not horrible, but it could use some improvement. I did all the bloodwork, and with my AMH level and AFC, it turns out I would not be a good responder to ivf, and my RE recommended the TR as a better alternative for us. Of course, he probably thought we would have him do the TR but he charges a lot more than Chapel Hill, even with what we had to pay for travel and hotel.

I keep forgetting that this is Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to visit my Dad tomorrow. He's dying of liver failure and is on hospice, so we try to see him at least once a week. Luckily my sister is with him, but we are trying to figure out a way to afford having an aide come in at night so she can get more rest. I had offered to stay with them since I work as a CNA, but he would rather have someone who is not family help him with those things. :(

My package of Wondfo OPKs arrived in the mail and are waiting for me under the sink. I really want to use one just for fun, even though I'm only on cd4 so I know it will be negative. DH is a restaurant general manager, so I had him bring home a bunch of 2 ounce portion cups so I can use them to dip my Wondfos. I don't usually O until cd15-17 so I am trying to be patient.

Navy - You are very fortunate to have had the procedure at Chapel Hill. I always hear the best outcomes from the procedures there. I talked to the doctors and wish I chose them rather that who I saw. I'm in California and thought that I was better off going with someone local. I was completely wrong in every way. I was left a mess and my doctor never saw me again after the surgery. I was just allowed to see the staff. All for $10,000.

BTW, what the heck happened with the price of Clear Blue Digital opks?!?! Insane price hike on Amazon..and everywhere else!!:growlmad: Last box I purchased was in December...a box of 20 lasts me for months since I know approx. when O time is...I usually only have to use a few of them a month. I'm totally out and got on Amazon to order another pack...$42.15 for 20!! I paid $35.15 in December:nope: So, back to good 'ol Wondfo...they arrived yesterday. CB digi requires no brains:haha: the Wondfo take more analyzing :haha::dohh:...oh well! HUGE price difference. :coffee:

Couldnt find any last cycle except at walgreens for$57!! Picked them up at walmart for $35 last week

I had my surgery at chapel Hill as well... That was quite a trip all the from Oregon. Although the only one we have been pregnant with we have lost we Atleast know that we got great service and that the reversal was done proper.

I loved chapel hill. Its a shame Dr Berger is retiring. He's helped so many women be mommies again!
Anyone ever heard of another hcg a week after the trigger shot to help implantation? Thats what my doc wants to do. I don't think I will be able to test and get a real result until the week before fathers day, by then i could have an ectopic...and shouldve already started blood work. Maybe I will take a test every day to watch it get lighter as the shot gets out of my system and then I will know when it gets darker if Im pregnant? I am terrified of ectopic.

AF started for me today. I'm going to start temping tomorrow morning.

Brandy - Keep us all updated on your IVF journey. I hope to start IVF as soon as possible. I don't know how we are going to be able to do it money wise but I know it will happen.

I loved chapel hill. Its a shame Dr Berger is retiring. He's helped so many women be mommies again!
Anyone ever heard of another hcg a week after the trigger shot to help implantation? Thats what my doc wants to do. I don't think I will be able to test and get a real result until the week before fathers day, by then i could have an ectopic...and shouldve already started blood work. Maybe I will take a test every day to watch it get lighter as the shot hets out of my sstem and then I will know when it gets darker if Im pregnant? I am terrified of ectopic.

Yes it's common. If you were me..... I would test out the trigger shot with hpts till it was negative which which is normally about 10DPtrigshot the booster gets out of your system much much faster usually 36-48 hours because it is a much lower does. This one you can test either out of your system as well or if it doesnt fade CONGRATS!

1dpo over here. Was scared to death of pain during o, but I only caught the back end of it as I woke up yesterday. Usually its major pain with clomid! Another 1/2 hcg shot next Wednesday :)

KMFX for you cj!

I'm glad I was able to have Dr. Berger do my surgery before he retired. I'm really happy with my entire experience in Chapel Hill and I'm sort of sad that the TR is all done now. I suppose I spent so much time thinking about it and planning and worrying that part of me feels a bit empty. I'm really looking forward to TTC, and I even peed on an OPK today even though I'm only cd6 and I know it wasn't going to be positive, but having the TR is really the last thing that I could actually control. Now it's all up to God. I'm really praying that we get a take-home baby, but DH said I have been happier since we finally decided on the TR, and he told me that alone is worth the cost.

I had just started to looking into getting on the IVF waiting list here on Lewis/McChord. It is 6 to 9 thousand dollars and I was wondering how I was going to afford that. My surgery only cost 6000, but I know the infection caused me to just be left with one tube, but thank God I have that one that works. I just had the hsg in March and this month was the first time my husband and I have been in the same place during my fertile time. I spent a whole week pregnant.. (I know it was the hsg that opened my left tube.) I am currently going through a miscarriage. I figure God gives and He takes away. I hope He gives me another, and lets me keep it. : )) I hope you Ladies are doing good in whatever part of your cycle you're fighting through right now. I plan on trying just as soon as the hcg is gone. This miscarriage just about knocked me to my knees after more than a year of trying and praying, but I finally found the strength to look at the positive and not the negative. The mind is a strong force. It can bring you down to the bottom, or help you reach the heights. Think positive and pray. :D

Angiendaniel, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you are trying again as soon as possible. My first preg was a mc and it took 7 mo to get preg with my 1st dd. Hang in there ;)

Navygrrl, I know the feeling. Ivf is 10,000 here, but thats sooo expensive! I wish every hospital stay was as great as Chapel Hill.

Afm, 2 dpo and yesterday I was bloated or felt heavy down below. I've had that hcg trigger shot, so who knows if thats responsible or not? Has anyone been pregnant and had that? Could be that I broke my diet and my body is rebelling! Come on cycle 30! Let this one be the one!

Fx for u all. Ivf would never be an option for me and dh, so when the doctor suggested that my heart dropped. I'm early in the game still and just trying to enjoy the time knowing I can get pregnant again. You ladies are so strong and committed...I feel so connected, even though I've never met you.

Afm.....I'm normally a late ovulator....like cd16 but I got a +opk in Saturday cd 14 and as of this morning they are still positive. My poor little hooha...lol me and dh have been kid free all weekend. Needless to so he loves +opk...Lmao. so I have no clue if I'm even any soo....my ovulation predictor says I ovulated yesterday so I'm going with that.

Fxd Jen!! Looks like we are cycle buddies!

CJ, that was me after O when I got my BFP. FX it is a good sign.

AFM, AF is due this weekend. I am tryign to get back to Mexico so I can start the injectables this cycle. I should be leaving Thursday. Hopefully, AF will cooperate and not come early.

FX Jenafyr! Also for Galvanbaby that AF stays away.

I'm having a horrible time with remembering to temp. I probably should stop skipping it during AF because my body gets used to that way too easily.

I had that problem Navy. I always forgot to temp. Though, I hate having to use injectables to get pregnant, I am loving not having to temp or OPK!

FX Jenafyr! Also for Galvanbaby that AF stays away.

I'm having a horrible time with remembering to temp. I probably should stop skipping it during AF because my body gets used to that way too easily.

I don't temp...my brain doesn't start functioning properly till 9 or so and I'm up at 6 almost everyday.. lol

Brandy, how are things going for you?

Cj, really excited to see your BFP:happydance:

Angie, I'm so sorry for your loss:( You're such a strong lady and it's great to see that you're going to get right back after it! This is how I had my dd..didn't even waitfor a few cycles as suggested by my dr. I was preggers my very next cycle after the mc. Hope it happens again quickly for you :hugs:

Looks like we're on the brink of lots of BFPs:happydance: Can't wait to see them come rolling:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->