Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

YAY!!!! CONGRATS ON TEAM PINK AND PURPLE BRANDY!!!!

So sorry for your loss, Angie.

Just got back from my pre-op appointment. Only 7 days til the surgery. I'm excited and nervous and paranoid that SOMETHING is going to go wrong between now and then and it'll be cancelled...like I can't get a ride home!!

So they told me I'll be leaving the same day. Surgery will be an hour and I'll be in recovery for three hours and then discharged home.

Does that length for the surgery sound about right? I expected it to be longer.

Thank you!

Mine was about an hour with a couple hours in recovery. I walked out of there and went out to dinner LOL

I was a little sore the next day but nothing too bad.

My surgery took about that long too.. It was easy. I was discharged the same day, after I fully woke up from the anesthesia. I am excited for you!!!

This has been two years waiting. Not sure how many have looked at either of my journals but I was pretty much forced into my having them tied at 25 when my youngest was a few weeks old. I was told if I didn't, my husband would divorce me and take my kids before I could get to a court house and I would never find him or see them again. I was terrified of this guy, so I did it. I immediately regretted it upon waking and vowed to leave him when I could but did not want to walk out of there with three kids and nowhere to go and didn't want them in a shelter. I started planning the reversal only a few weeks later and the day he choked me in front of them was the day I stopped trying to make sure we had somewhere other than a shelter to go. We went to the shelter anyway. It took me two years to fully pay it off. One year ago, I had $4500 of it to pay off and it took me 11 months to pay that.

And now it's just around the counter. The excitement totally overpowers the nervousness right now, but the paranoia overpowers all of it. I've waited a long time (or so it seems) for this. I want this so bad. I want my life back.

Im excited for you Brandi! Good Luck on your surgery! I think it will be a piece of cake and you will feel like you have taken your life back. I felt like that right away! I felt at peace with myself as soon as I woke up, knowing I fixed what I felt had made me unwomanly (if that makes any sense?) I felt like I had been depressed for yrs and just doing this gave me a whole new look on life, with or without a baby, I just feel whole again!
Mine was a difficult surgery but it seems nothing ever comes easy for me :( I had alot of scar tissue from a few bladder surgerys yrs ago so they had to do a big incision and take everything out! At least he was honest and didnt leave it! I Thank God everyday or leading me to this doctor. He and his staff have
been so generous and helpful with all my needs!

Brandy, Girls! Thats so exciting! I have 2 boys and 1 girl. My daughter is the oldest. I hope to have another girl someday! I feel like I raised 20 boys cause my sons always have a friend here. What I would give to have another little girl around! :)
Congrats! Its so neat that they are able to test and tell what sex they are now!

I am still very angry at my ex and I truly believe that this is what I'm angry with him over. I do believe as soon as I come out of the surgery, I will let go of that anger, cuz he will no longer have that control over my fertility. And I love my three kids more than anything...even if I never have another baby, I can say I tried. I can say I conquered the control my ex had over me. I can say I took back what he took away from me. I can say I tried for another sibling for my kidlets. I'd rather try than live angry for the rest of my life.

Brandi- I am horrible about reading blogs. But I feel for you and I am happy that you’re able to do this for yourself and get your life back. I wish you the very best with your journey!

Thank you.

Just got an email from my doctor's secretary. Apparently they forgot that I had a latex allergy, so my surgery just got moved up from 10:30am to 8:00am.

Not gonna complain!

I am still very angry at my ex and I truly believe that this is what I'm angry with him over. I do believe as soon as I come out of the surgery, I will let go of that anger, cuz he will no longer have that control over my fertility. And I love my three kids more than anything...even if I never have another baby, I can say I tried. I can say I conquered the control my ex had over me. I can say I took back what he took away from me. I can say I tried for another sibling for my kidlets. I'd rather try than live angry for the rest of my life.

I know how you feel about taking your life back, Brandi.. I felt that way when I had mine undone.. I was in a similar situation except my 'forcer' was my mother. She beat me down while I was pregnant about how I would just keep having babies with no man sticking around long enough to raise them.. I was 20 years old.. It was a very good day when I got to get mine untied. I was happy as a clam!!

I ordered some progesterone today from Amazon.. They only have the cream, but I read the reviews before I chose a product.. Each review was from a woman trying to maintain a pregnancy and not an older woman going through Menopause. It is pretty expensive at 20$ for a small tube. I also think it is only 20mg for each application, which is supposed to be dime sized. I don't think I will use it this cycle since the likelihood of me getting pregnant is slim. I also bought ovulation tests and pregnancy tests.. I will be tracking with my own knowledge of my cycle and with the tests too. I have never been good at taking o tests.. They always have two lines for me. I pray this doesn't take long. I felt that the three months it took last time felt like forever. I didn't tell my hubby about the progesterone yet. Will it make my cycle different? Harder? Longer? I am almost tempted to take it this cycle just so I can see how it affects my cycle. Ummmm.... decisions, decisions....

Brandy, I am so excited about your little ones being girls... Are they fraternal? I don't remember if you said? I bet you are over the moon!!! Plus, YOU ARE 12 WEEKS TODAY!!!! WOOT WOOT! Yay for first trimester being OVER!!

Gotta go skinning for my hubby..... see you chicks tomorrow!!

One more thing.... WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO MRS. T????? She has never come back yet!!

Faith I'm sorry AF showed :(

Brandi good luck!!

Brandy congrats on 2 healthy girls!!

Ok ladies my dearest friend and TR sister was having no luck getting pg and not even ovulating right. After 4 years she has found a new doc, gone off all meds to get cleaned out and started pregnitude and now Os like a champ and is PREGNANT after 4 cycles!!
I think it's worth a shot for anyone willing to look into it!!!

CD1 for me. Good thing - my LP seems to be at a consistent 14 days on clomid. Next cycle my doctor will be adding an HCG trigger shot at cd13 so I ovulate sooner. I didn't temp very much last month, mainly to lessen stress, but also because my thermometer fell under the bed and I didn't feel like crawling under there to get it. Since I'm getting a trigger shot, I don't need to temp at all this cycle, which is nice.

I'm trying not to get down about all this, especially because I know y'all have been TTC longer than I have. I just wish I had gotten the TR sooner. I know we had it done when we could afford both the surgery and adding to our family. We're in a great financial place now with our only debt being the mortgage. It's just we seem to have so much against us, with my age, DOR, and MFI. IVF is not really an option for us since it would take probably 3-4 cycles for me to get enough eggs to do anything. We're considering IUI, but I just don't know.

I am sorry you are feeling discouraged, Navy. I spent the first year like that. I don't think it matters really how long we each try. We all still want the same thing.. I used to say I just wanted to get pregnant, but now I want to get pregnant and keep it. :blush:
Makes me feel sometimes like I don't appreciate the gift of conception. You really did the best thing with making sure you were in a great financial spot. I am sure that you will conceive, we just all stress about our age and time. I am not really in a great financial position to have a baby. Sometimes I think I should just stop trying, but if I wait, time will not stand still for me. You are very lucky to be financially stable. We are a financial disaster. :haha:

Brandy, I don't know what the heck I was thinking about asking if your girls were fraternal. I was praying for them this morning and I was like, "You're so dumb Angie." "You know she had two eggs." I felt dumb... :winkwink:

Im 42 pushing 43 so Im much older than most of you and Im not giving up hope yet! So hang in there!
Hey, Halle Berry got pregnant at 46 or 47 !!

Navy- Its just as hard at 6 months TTC as it is at 4 years.. it’s frustrating and disappointing.. I didn’t know some of the emotions I had. There was some points I shut down and didn’t feel anything! It’s quite the rollercoaster and you’re welcome to vent regardless of how long you have tried.

Angie- I was in your shoes before IVF I got pregnant but I couldn’t keep it.. we will never know why but to me its much more heartbreaking that not being able to get that BFP.. You are nowhere near ungrateful don’t ever think that.

AFM- I have another ultrasound tomorrow. I just so freaking happy to finally know what we are having. I cant even tell you how blessed I am and it’s totally overwhelming. I appreciate you all very much. I cant believe that I am almost out of the first trimester… depending on whos calculating it. According to the twins guideline for pregnancy I was out of first TRI on 9/16 but by singleton standards I have another week to go. I know what I am having and I have started the nursery……. I am just in awe I really cant believe where I was a year ago and where I am now. I really have you all to thank for listening to me bitch moan and cry to get me through it.

You gals are awesome. My DH always wants me to talk with him, but he doesn't really "get" it. Plus, I get tired of explaining to him what all the terms mean, LOL. He tries to keep things positive, but sometimes I just need to be sad and upset. Since we have male factor as well, I have to make sure that he doesn't feel badly about that, too.

I have my monitoring ultrasound on Sep. 30, and hopefully the follicle (if there is one) will be large enough to trigger so I don't have to drive back to the doctor's office, LOL. I researched some fertility acupuncturists in the area and made an appointment for Monday. She seems really nice and knowledgeable, but being CD1 I had to cut short the conversation so that I wouldn't start crying on the phone. I have the new patient paperwork, and boy does it ask odd questions! She does Chinese medicine along with the acupuncture, and some of the questions are about what color my urine is!

We're going to Disneyworld in November with all the kids, so at least I'll have a week where I won't be worrying about TTC at all. Even if the next cycle is unsuccessful, my next fertile period will be before we leave, and a vacation will make the TWW go faster.

I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound tomorrow, Brandy! I'm so excited to read each update about your little girls. :)

Navy have you considered asking for a medicated injection cycle with trigger? I am not sure how much it is and such but some doctors will use the IVF meds in a minimum form for a few days then trigger to release multiple eggs. That would atleast give you a hint of how you could potentially respond to IVF as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->