Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Cupcake, Im so excited for you! I wish you the best tomorrow! My husband mentioned me talking to the doctor about trying this soon (IUI) but my doctor is on his course as to what he thinks I need to do... If I wait its free! If I dont and go somewhere else, Ill have to pay. Is that very expensive? Im tired of waiting and by all means not getting any younger! It will only be a year in February since the surgery and weve only got to try about 9 or 10 cycles. Do you think Im pushing it?

LL I am not sure where you're at but I did IUI here in Oregon and the actual injection of the sperm cost me about 350 for the procedure. This included the collection of the SA, the wash, and the injection.

Depending on your insurance and how your doctors would bill the insurance they might cover some of it. They also can sometimes cover the ultrasounds for monitoring egg follicle development.

Mine had an exclusion for it but ended up paying because the doctor just billed the U/S as a standard ovary check like OB/GYN visit but I did pay for the actual IUI procedure.

My OB/gyn is doing mine in his office. We don't have any REs close. 2-3 hrs away. He only charges 100.00 for iui, follicle scans are 125.00 insurance usually will cover scans & labs. Of course trigger & meds are extra. But compared to 1000.00-2000.00/ with an RE I won't complain even at 400.00 a cycle...

My OB/gyn is doing mine in his office. We don't have any REs close. 2-3 hrs away. He only charges 100.00 for iui, follicle scans are 125.00 insurance usually will cover scans & labs. Of course trigger & meds are extra. But compared to 1000.00-2000.00/ with an RE I won't complain even at 400.00 a cycle...

Ya that too is a better deal. Mine was with a RE which I should of checked with my Gyno first I am sure she would have done it too.

Since he isnt an RE does he have a lab there to do the sperm wash or is he just injecting the full specimen?

(sorry im prying you can tell me to bug off)

Brandy- He does have a lab. He told me the procedure, something about spinning it down & the strongest will swim to the top. Then he sucks them up in some kind of "friendly" solution & does the IUI. I worried about washing too, since I've heard it can cause infection if they aren't separated from the other stuff in semen. Haven't had a chance to google lol so not sure on the technical terms :winkwink:

Brandy - My OB/GYN does IUI in office as well, but he uses the local RE office (it's a huge practice apparently) to do the sperm wash, so we would have to pay them for that, and then pay my doctor for the IUI. Since we'd have to pay out of pocket for the IUI, we get a 40% discount if we pay in full the same day, and that's only like $155. I'm not sure how much the sperm wash costs, but I know the total cost would be less than $500. We may do it in April or something. I keep changing my mind, but DH is on board with IUI.

CD1 here. Not really a surprise with all the sickness in the house. Maybe I can have a bfp for Valentine's Day.

Tryn & Jojo...huge congrats on the BFPs:hugs: so happy to see new TR babies on the way:happydance: hope the pregnancies are smooth sailing;)

MommaB, love the pics of your kids;) I'm sure your older kiddos love having a baby around. I know mine would certainly love it! :flower:

Brandy & Brandi, so glad your babies are growing and healthy:hugs:

Cupcake, I hope this IUI brings your BFP:hugs: I can understand how you would have all those emotions:haha:

Angie, hoping you finally get a little one that stays put:hugs:

LLawson, hope you O soon!!!:hugs:

Oops...hit send too soon.

Navy, fx'd for a Valentines BFP:hugs:

Galvan, I'm so sorry for the loos of your Dad:cry::hugs:

Cj, hope you're doing well!:hugs:

Afm, took a total break this cycle. AF arrived on my 39th Bday...12/18..such a nice gift..lol! I decided I was tired of the stress of TTC right now. I know time is NOT on my side, but I'm sick of basing my everyday decisions around where I am in my cycle:dohh:. I also needed to prepare for a 10 week business trip and take care of year end things in our business. SO, no temping, no opks, no pre-seed, no timed BD'ing...just relaxing this cycle. IT'S BEEN GREAT!! I've loved every moment of it..lol!
I have some decisions to make...continue in the NTNP mode or see the RE, since I'm down here where he is for the next 8 weeks. I feel like I have no energy to start new procedures with the RE. I know that sounds lazy...but I'm truly TIRED of 3 straight years of TTC with not even a glimmer of hope. I don't even know when AF will start, but I'll have to decide if I want to schedule an HSG...at the very least. For now, I'm rooting for all of you gals:kiss::hugs:

Faith- I know where you are emotionally and stress wise. I was ready to throw in the towel at exactly the 3 year mark.. I essentially did I stopped checking or testing at all. I went traveling with the girls for a while relaxed and that next month I missed my period! I didn't even notice until I was a week late. I ended up losing that pregnancy but that loss kicked me back into TTC mode with a vengance.

But I was so ready just to let it go. If thats how you feel it might be good for a while you never know what will happen. I wish you the best with the next 10 weeks and all the shows you will be doing!

Faith, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. Im tired of this and its only been 11 months since my surgery. I couldnt imagine 3 years. Im older than you too! I just turned 43 on the 15th of December so time is definetely not on my side. If something doesnt happen soon, Im going to push to try something else.

I got my medicine today. It is oral and I am gonna take it orally.. The doc also gave me some prenatals.. I started taking them today but they have iron and iron makes me bleed. I think I will take them every other day. I ordered a couple of pregnancy tests today. I also will start taking the progesterone tonight. I am a little worried about taking them since I have a history of blood clots, but what'cha gonna do?? It's either miscarry till the end of time, or take chances... I think my chances of being pregnant this time are pretty high. I have such a strong sense of smell the last 2 days and white discharge that isn't normal for me.. I am at cd3 so it is truly too early to say and I am just building myself up, but if ya can't be positive then the wait will kill ya.. : ) Getting a start on boosting myself.. Also, I got offered a job on the Air Force post we live on.. I am pretty excited about that. I will be peeing on stuff as soon as I get some tests in the mail. I really have about 9/10 days left before I really should test.. I might start wasting the opks I just got in the mail..
Pray for me anyone that prays, that this progesterone works for me and I get to face a whole pregnancy.. or pray for me to be strong and trust in the God I love..
Well, I hope everyone is good.
You should push yourself to see your RE while you are near, Faith.. Especially if you are not near there often.. Kind of like doing college homework.. Darned if it don't suck, but when it's done, it wasn't so bad, and something good might come of it..
I am especially praying for you Cupcake since your IUI was supposed to be today. I sure hope first time's all it takes..

I will send good vibes your way Angie! FX this is it for you ;) Thats good the progesterone is oral it's much easier that way way less mess ;)

Thats awesome about the job.. is it full time? You're still doing some schooling too arent you? Be careful not to stretch yourself too thin and get stressed.

Cupcake I cant wait to hear an update from you!

Well I'm inseminated!!! Had some pain with catch insertion but not bad. Dh got to inject the swimmers LoL Still with dull cramps & feel full but no spotting. Will start prometrium tomorrow. Hoping we made a baby, but staying grounded as I know the odds of success are not great 1st round. Just happy to feel like we actually have a chance now!!!!

Faith- Glad to hear from you! Even though I have only been TTC about half as long as you I get the whole tired of TTC thing. Its so frustrating. I wish you peace with whichever path you take! I know this year is our Hale Mary so to speak. LoL All or nothing then we move on! Hugs girl!

Angie - Good luck & baby dust!!!!

I just typed up a super long post and it did not post. I hate when that happens. Here is the summary:

Thanks Faith, I would go to the RE while there because you could regret it once home. Good luck!

Cupcakestoy, Good luck!!
Angie, I am praying that this progesterone is all you need for your rainbow baby!

Llawson, Oed yet?

AFM, 11 or 12DPO. Sore BBs and in love with spicy fruity candy. We only BDeed 1 time, but not too sure how close to O it was. I don't really remember, btu I think it was right before. I have very little hope for this cycle because I never get pregnant even with full TTC. :( Next cycle is full TTC.

Faith....I will continue to pray for you! Beat things come to those who wait, so I am sure one day soon you are going to have a pretty special surprise! Don't pose hope, this time I didn't need Clomid or opks or anything!

Had a sonogram today....baby is very small, couldnt see much, but saw the little flickering of the heartbeat!!! They put me at exactly 6 weeks and due September 5th. I have a small subchorionic bleed, but had that with Gianna too and it resolved on its own.

Thanks for the well wishes!! Praying for a great year filled with BFPs!!!!

I have seven classes this semester Brandy.. I am trying to finish this year since I just transferred out of that AWFUL management junk and into an Associate in Science.. I got 17 classes left and I want to get done this year so I am scheduled for 7 this semester and 4 in the summer and the rest at the end of the year. I fixed it like that before I got this offer cause it wasn't expected. The job is classed as 'flexible' since it is a gov job and we all know that the gov don't wanna offer too many benefits.. I don't mind about that since we have almost full coverage insurance anyway. I am worried about the college stuff though cause I can't fall behind in that. I gotta be able to have a career when we get done here. It is more important to me than anything else but baby-making right now cause it is the only thing that will better the future. The job is nice, but it will only better us temporarily, my college will do that permanently. I will see how long I can handle it before I go Postal.. I will struggle through it as long as I can..
Now.. Cupcake.... Yay for hubby doing the IUI.. That was nice of your OB.. symbolic and sweet.. Was it you that thought of it, or is your OB a woman cause no way some man came up with that all on his own.. :D
Good luck with the Prometrium.. Darned if that mess didn't make me a raving lunatic today.. I let out a squall today after completely destroying my hubby that would make Celine Dion proud. Darn stuff made me so horrible my hubby asked for the pills back and said a baby wasn't worth it.. ha ha.. (I laugh now, but it is a true statement.) I finally calmed down, but admit to a little more fear of the coming pill tonight.. I hope after a few days it gets a tad more regulated. I also have had stomach cramps and a small headache, but figure the cramps are just the lining adjusting and the headache the remnant of my lunacy earlier.. I am going to make a huge effort to remember that I am on a new medication and need to make myself quiet instead of being all emotional rejectarded.. and yes, I meant to say rejectarded cause that's what I felt like.. My hubby called me psychotic and I will freely admit to the accuracy of his statement. I truly hope I can behave myself. I do feel such a desire to lash out though for no reason.. Shameful really.
I will probably be taking a break from Facebook and the other computer interests this weekend. I try to focus on my family when they are home.. I am just praying this month slides by quickly and the tww doesn't seem like forever. I am only cd4. I usually start my flow on cd13.. UGH.. so many days left...
Praying for everyone!

Actually my Dr. Is male & came up with it by himself!!! He is wonderful! I truly believe God brought him into our lives to help us get our Miracle!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->