Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Brandy, my friends daughter just had a baby a few days ago that was 3 pounds and she is doing really well. They dont expect her hospital stay to be too long at all. She looks so tiny though. Her little preemie diaper swallows her but they are able to hold her and everything already.
You are doing really good to still have (2) 3 pounders in there!
My daughters friend just had a 10 pound 13 oz. baby girl......shew! She looks like shes 6 months old! Imagine packing that around!
I have a few more questions for you...
Im approaching a year since my reversal surgery, we plan on doing the IUI with sperm washing this next cycle. (AF is due today). My RE has never mentioned checking to make sure my tubes arent blocked. Will that be a problem? Im trying to understand the whole process. I know you cant have IUI with a tubal ligation but if there is a chance your tubes are blocked wouldnt that be the same? I thought they bypassed your tubes altogether so Im still not understanding something here?
Cupcake how are you doing?

IUI doesn't bypass your tubes. IUI bypasses your cervix, so if you have hostile cervical mucus, that won't be an issue. It's also good because it shortens the distance the sperm has to travel, and a sperm wash ensure you're getting the best swimmers. The only option that bypasses your tubes is IVF, since the doctor goes in and gets the eggs directly from the ovary.

LL-i would do an hsg before spending money on iui. Just my opinion tho....I'm doing OK, had lab draw today. Tuesdays level was 1607. So still slowly climbing...Anxious for our repeat scan on Tues.

LL- For an IUI to work your tubes must be opened.

You release an egg from your ovary at ovulation. The egg is then picked up and sucked into the tube by the Fimbriae that are like little hairs on the ends of the fallopian tubes. The tubes contract and push the egg to the uterus. The doctor will inject the semen into the uterus where the egg will meet up with the sperm... if successful it will then fertilise and implant.

But if the tubes are not open the egg will never arrive.

I should add sorry... depending on when the sperm is injected the sperm will either swim up the tube to meet the egg or they will meet closer to the uterus. Its time dependent.

Thinking of you Cupcake!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :)

Thanks Brandy. One lady told me I should go ahead & end this pregnancy since its obviously not going to make it. Grrrr I told her as long as I'm not in danger I will NEVER abort it. I know odds are against us, but somebody has to be in that 15-20% that makes it! The nurse me knows the odds & realizes the possible outcome. The mom in me refuses to give up on this little bean....some people!!!

Thanks Brandy. One lady told me I should go ahead & end this pregnancy since its obviously not going to make it. Grrrr I told her as long as I'm not in danger I will NEVER abort it. I know odds are against us, but somebody has to be in that 15-20% that makes it! The nurse me knows the odds & realizes the possible outcome. The mom in me refuses to give up on this little bean....some people!!!

Wow some people just dont know when to shut their mouth do they? Dont lose hope.. Obviously there are so slow risers... I have seen them on here.

Thanks! All we can do is hope & pray for a good outcome....I have to say I am Soooo ready for this little bean to dig in & grow so we can see it on our scan & stop all this HCG Madness :/

Thank you all for the info. I will see if he will test my tubes before the IUI.
Brandy, Love the 3D pic!
Cupcake, some people are just negative people! Overlook their stupidity! Thats so rude for someone to say that to you. Hang in there. You got this!

Hope it's not a sign that something is happening anytime soon... I got this horrible urge to clean all the bathrooms in our house.... Like really clean!

I spent hours this morning cleaning 3 bathrooms very in depth. I couldnt just sit there anymore and think about it. On the plus side they are completely spotless and all the cupboards reorganized. The downside if I can barely move at all from overdoing it!

Either way the babies will be fine but I probably shouldnt have given in to the urge. I am a total neat freak and it was making me nutso.

And......Let the Nesting begin!!!! Sure do wish I felt like cleaning our place. Between the Progesterone, fatigue & stress I just want to sleep :/ On a positive note, my boobs are more sore today & I'm nauseated & threw up my dinner :) Hoping that means this L.O. is digging in & the HCG is flowing lol

Brandy:happydance: probably won't be long:) How exciting! At least they're coming home to clean bathrooms and organized cupboards. To me, organized, clutter-free areas make life so much easier to deal with:haha: I HATE disorganization..and yet, my life is full of it:( Anyway, can't wait to see pics of your baby girls:cloud9: Hope you're resting today:winkwink:

Cupcake, nausea IS such a great sign! The increasingly sore boobs and fatigue...:happydance: sounds like your hcg levels may be increasing:flower: dearly hope that is the case for you:hugs:

Anyone having a Superbowl Party? Two great teams:) Hubby is from Seattle and Denver is basically Wyoming's adopted football team, considering we don't have a professional team. Should be a great game...of course, I'm just all about the food, really..and the commercials:haha: They sure picked a cold place to hold the game:dohh: what are these people thinking???

Hope everyone else is doing well today:kiss:

Cupcake ohhhhh that is very very good sign!!

Brandy nesting is kicking in...I cleaned while in labor the morning I had Emm. Just so my MIL wouldn't have too.(she came and stayed with the oldest kids) Lol

Faith- Yes we normally would host the party but given my mobility another friend is doing it and we get to just show up and eat lots of yummy food!

My hubby is not a sport person, thank God! It's one of the things we definitely have in common. We have a t.v., but we only have movies. We use to have Netflix, but no one ever used it so we cancelled it. We do have a crap-ton of books though to make up for the lack of gossip we don't know about celebrity nobodies.

Brandy, I hope you last another week or two!
Cupcake, I think you are gonna be just fine.

afm: I have taken opks for the last 3 days or so and the tests I have are a generic brand and I think that they just don't work as well as they are meant to. I got what was almost a positive on cd 11. I have never gotten a positive that early before. I think my cycle is off a little this month. My lines are now super light and ovulation pain is gone. I am covered even if I did ovulate then, but dang, that's early. Now I am crampy and this morning I woke up sweaty. I am pretty sure I o'd already. Either way, I am gonna be having me some babiessss.. Yep, I am still feeling confident. My cm matched my o pain so I figure I better count it. I will be taking the progesterone on 6 dpo which should be about the 6th of Feb. I am guessing I am about 2dpo. I had HORRIBLE o pain that had me actually bending over in pain on Friday. I told my husband I didn't know how someone was supposed to want to have sex with all that pain. Then it was gone. Figured I literally o'd that day. Just guessing though cause although my opk was dark, it was not darker than the control line. I got my bd'ing, my pineapple; I have been taking my vitamins everyday, eating oranges galore, and will take the progesterone. I also will be asking God to have mercy on us and let us keep our next little one, regardless of when that is.
I hope everyone had a good weekend!

:nope:Brandy it does sound like nesting. Probably wont be long now! Dont get too excited at the Super Bowl party or you might have some Super Bowl Babies! LOL,
Cupcake, those are all very good signs! I think you are in the clear!
AFM, AF did hit yesterday. I emailed my doc and he wants me to call the office this week to schedule and appt. to check my tubes. He wants me to do another round of clomid before this IUI and after ovulation he would talk about putting me on Progesterone. He said never before ovulation because it would block pregnancy? I did not know that?
Faith, I just like the Super Bowl for the food and commercials. I didnt make much this year cause AF has wrecked havoc on me yesterday and today! I feel horrible! We have a bunch more snow coming too and I didnt go out to get anything at the grocery. I think we will survive! These poor kids have missed so much school that they will be going all summer!:nope:

My back pain is so bad and constant that I have to go into the hospital for monitoring... Wish me luck. God I hope they give me something for the pain. Problem is I have to wait for dh to get home from superbowl viewing

My back pain is so bad and constant that I have to go into the hospital for monitoring... Wish me luck. God I hope they give me something for the pain. Problem is I have to wait for dh to get home from superbowl viewing

He should be home soon. The game sucks this year. I hope you can get something for the pain. *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->