Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Consult is on Thursday. Idk if it's hopeful. She said that mini ivf is usually for those under 35 and I will be 36 at the end of April. I feel like I'm going to pay $150 just to be told no. We shall see I guess.

Consult is on Thursday. Idk if it's hopeful. She said that mini ivf is usually for those under 35 and I will be 36 at the end of April. I feel like I'm going to pay $150 just to be told no. We shall see I guess.

Having been through the world of IVF I was just curious what you were wanting to do with mini ivf? Were you going to only try using clomid/femara? some mini ivf cycles they do use injections too. Do they freeze any extra eggs or is it a one shot deal?

I considered doing it when I did my IVF but it would of been between 5-7k and it was a one shot deal. The doctor said if they retrieved 3 eggs and none of them made it to the transfer I would have to start all over again so it freaked me out.

My goodness I missed so much in these last few months I've just been so busy with Eli! Chasing him everywhere and cleaning up after him. He is my little hurricane Eli...lol! I was just thinking of you ladies and had a spare minute to check in while he's napping. Great seeing a few have gotten pregnant and have healthy beans. To the rest of you still trying, I wish you much luck and will keep praying you get your lil bundles of joys soon!

I tested this morning and it was negative. I won't be testing again this cycle. I will just be waiting for my flow.. I hope everyone else has better results than me! I am not too disappointed. I just have felt pretty laid back about not getting a positive. God bless!!

:( sorry Angie

Brandy, the mini is actually minimal stimulation ivf. This facility uses gondatropins vs using clomid/femera due to the risk of thinning the uterine lining. If there are left overs then, yes you can have them cryo'd for FEM later. The goal is to get less eggs but better quality of eggs and reduce the risk of OHSS. They also ICSI. I am very nervous that there wont be a good one to transfer, however I don't have the $ to do full IVF. This cycle is will be about $6800

Congrats Brandi on the baby boy!
I had my HSG today. Good news and bad news. Nothing ever seems to come easy for me..
The good news is my tubes were perfect and the dye flowed through them super quick so that part is fine. The bad news is, he had a horrible time getting the tools in to do it and said the opening to my birth canal was almost impossible to get through. He had to poke through it (horrible pain from that) he said the only nice way to put it was it was like a virgins birth canal?? He said he would have never believed I had 3 children naturally and asked if I had any laser burning or work down there. Im so unhappy about it. He said he thinks my only hope was IUI and that he didnt think it would ever happen on its own. He said the sperm would have a horrible time getting through that but he said theres always that 1 that might make it but he really thinks IUI is it for me. He will do as many as I want free but its 300 for washing so we will try this cycle if I get a positive LH. Im on cycle day 10 and finished my 6th round of clomid yesterday. Please keep me in your prayers! Im not giving up yet! Im having some mild pain now and bleeding but he told me I would because of him having to force the instrument through..

LLawson keep in mind sperm are much smaller than the catheter. Don't lose hope & don't give up! If you do do iui they aren't "bad" good luck sweetie!

:( sorry Angie

Brandy, the mini is actually minimal stimulation ivf. This facility uses gondatropins vs using clomid/femera due to the risk of thinning the uterine lining. If there are left overs then, yes you can have them cryo'd for FEM later. The goal is to get less eggs but better quality of eggs and reduce the risk of OHSS. They also ICSI. I am very nervous that there wont be a good one to transfer, however I don't have the $ to do full IVF. This cycle is will be about $6800

Thats great Fluter.. It doesnt sound much different from a standard IVF but the price is signifigantly better! I developed OHSS with my IVF cycle but it was very mild and I was able to control it and not have the cycle cancelled. FX for you that you will get a nice batch of eggs :)

Congrats Brandi on the baby boy!
I had my HSG today. Good news and bad news. Nothing ever seems to come easy for me..
The good news is my tubes were perfect and the dye flowed through them super quick so that part is fine. The bad news is, he had a horrible time getting the tools in to do it and said the opening to my birth canal was almost impossible to get through. He had to poke through it (horrible pain from that) he said the only nice way to put it was it was like a virgins birth canal?? He said he would have never believed I had 3 children naturally and asked if I had any laser burning or work down there. Im so unhappy about it. He said he thinks my only hope was IUI and that he didnt think it would ever happen on its own. He said the sperm would have a horrible time getting through that but he said theres always that 1 that might make it but he really thinks IUI is it for me. He will do as many as I want free but its 300 for washing so we will try this cycle if I get a positive LH. Im on cycle day 10 and finished my 6th round of clomid yesterday. Please keep me in your prayers! Im not giving up yet! Im having some mild pain now and bleeding but he told me I would because of him having to force the instrument through..

That is great news that the tubes are open. I honestly think there is always a chance so I wouldnt let him discourage you in that. I think he is way over charging for the sperm washing but thats just me! I looked back at my bill and the wash was $118, U/S monitoring was $212, and the actual injection of the sperm was $104 for office visit and supplies. But if you're ovulating and your tubes are open then a chance with IUI is on the higher end of the success rate. FX for you!

Thanks Cupcake and Brandy
I just wish we knew this a long time ago. Its been a year now since my reversal.
I didnt think to ask the RE but do any of you know what might cause this after having 3 kids natural I wouldnt think I should be like this either? Its been 17 yrs since my last child and no complications with any of them. I have Interstitial Cystitis and have had many bladder surgeries and I asked if that had anything to do with it and he said no. I didnt come right out and ask him what would but he mentioned having laser work done. Whatever that is?

Thanks Cupcake and Brandy
I just wish we knew this a long time ago. Its been a year now since my reversal.
I didnt think to ask the RE but do any of you know what might cause this after having 3 kids natural I wouldnt think I should be like this either? Its been 17 yrs since my last child and no complications with any of them. I have Interstitial Cystitis and have had many bladder surgeries and I asked if that had anything to do with it and he said no. I didnt come right out and ask him what would but he mentioned having laser work done. Whatever that is?

Was he talking about your cervix or what I wonder. I have never heard of anything like the description you're giving before :shrug:

I have never heard of that before, but if the RE thinks IUI will work FXed for a BFP with the IUI. The cycles after the HSG are more fertile.

The only thing I have heard of that causes that is either cautery with a PAP or some types of infection can cause scar tissue but I believe if he was able to get a cath in, then sperm should be able to get by at least now its open! I too read that the 3 months after hsg are more fertile, even tho wasn't true for us. Get busy this cycle!!!!

I kept saying cervix and he was saying no the birth canal? So Im not sure? Cupcake he did ask if I had had any bad experiences with my paps and I havent. I have been told everything was hard to get to because of a tilted cervix. I told him that and he said " that doesnt impress me, Im talking about your birth canal" LOL. Hes one of those thats super smart and went to Yale so hes really hard to talk to. Hes one of the top RE,s in the US if not the top so I dont want to go anywhere else its just hard to deal with him sometimes. Hes one of those that lets you know how good he is.

I saw this on facebook this morning and thought I would share it since a few of you were talking about baby pics. LOL too funny!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2
Cupcake he did say IUI would be a little easier this month cause hes already made an opening but after this month it would probably go back the way it was and he would have to push the instrument through again. He said he could use the same instrument to open me up for the IUIs it was just going to hurt each time he has to open it like that.
I started having some horrible pains last night (feels like really bad gas but from my boobs down to my pelvis) I also had a fever so I took some Midol and went to bed early last night. I woke up with no fever and the pain is a little better just seems like its moved lower. I guess when all this pain is gone, Ill get back to my love making and get as much in as possible just in case this opening helps. He said we could start back tomorrow.

Llawson, I felt just like that after my last HSG and after the IUI. I saw that pic on FB last night too. Too funny. I love the Pinterest fails. Lol

AFM, O pains from hell. I am cramping so badand I also think I have a UTI. I am going to the dr today

That's odd.....to me cervix=the birth canal??? I'm confused lol good luck either way tho :)

I have a tilted cervix, and it makes paps very uncomfortable for me. The doctors have to use a different speculum on me than what they normally use, but that's all I've heard about it. It's more difficult for the doctors to see what they need to see, and made my HSG just extra fun.

Cupcake Im thinking the same as you but what do I say when he corrected me and said that? LOL.
I still think it has alot to do with the tilted cervix but thats just me.
Navy it is painful sometimes and makes things difficult. Like I said it never seems to come easy for me. I just would like to be normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->