Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Hey ladies! Brandy, I'm glad to see those babies are still in there! Angie, Faith, Galvan and all you wonderful TR sisters, I think about you all every day and pray for your bfp . Hang in there. You all aren't as old and crusty as me :)

I went to the RE today and if it turns out I have a 14 mm follicle on my right side which did not spill immediately when they did the HSG. On the left side I have a 20 and a 22 mm. We trigger today.OPK was positive at dinner tonight. Let the two week window begin! Booyah!

by the way Angie, I work with mostly men because I can't stand working with gossipy ladies and what do I end up working with? Gossipy men! Lol. Because of my job and my cankles lol I wear jeans a lot but I can't wait for the summer where I can put on a nice maxi on the weekend and chill.

Cj I'm in the tww as well lol. Hoping we caught that egg lol. If not its ok we'll try again next cycle

:( still so sorry about your loss Galvan. My paper he gave me said day 3-6 Femara day 5 start injections until day 9 I think, day 12 trigger day 14 IUI. I know that last time I came off of bcp it took days to get started again. I hope AF finds you soon.

I'm with you Angie I like to penny pinch too, although if I ever have another I will want a great breast pump. I nursed all of kids and a good pump was invaluable.

Angie, it's a double electric, and actually one of the less expensive ones. I know Medela's go for about $500. The manual ones are around $59

Brandi- Did you check with your insurance to see if they would pay for your pump or reimburse you? I just got mine a few weeks ago and it cost me 0 and its a 349.00 electric commercial grade double pump that has the closed motor so it can be used by multiple people and or resold? Good job finding such great deals! I never had any luck at Babies R Us.

CJ- Thanks! Now that I am 'ready' for them to come I will remain pregnant forever ROFL.. thats ok as long as they are happy and growing. Later in life I will get to remind them of the pain and torture that they inflicted on me! The 20 and 22mm is awesome! Please release both and get a set of twins out of the deal.. My husband says assisted conception twins are BOGO sales!

We don't have the same kind of insurance up here. I assume it's through health insurance that yours is covered? We have OHIP. We pay for our health care through our taxes. So breast pumps aren't covered through that. If you mean work insurance, I don't have that either, as I quit my job at the end of January.

It used to be $500 here, then disappeared off the shelves and I had to order it through Ebay for the first one. That one lasted three years and then the motor started to go when I was in Florida on a Make A Wish trip for my daughter, so I bought a new one for $249.

I used it for three months and it went to storage afterwards. I gave it to a friend when she was expecting her first baby, and struggling to afford a breast pump. I knew I'd be able to acquire a new one easily...and then they went and changed the pump. I'm reading mixed reviews on the "new and improved" one I bought today, but more good than bad. Most of the negative reviews are about how they miss being able to set their own rhythm and now have to use preset settings, but I love Avent, so that's what I went with again

Kinda jealous here Brandi! Even though dh told me a few times to quit my job, I just don't feel like I could do it as I have always HAD to work. We could live comfortably on his income, but I'm spoiled to our lifestyle & it helps pay for all the "extras" plus fertility stuff. Seriously thinking I will quit or cut back a lot when we have a little one though!

I felt like I had no choice, cupcakes. I'm going through the Labour Board right now. I worked full time to support the kids, play the surgery, still had a full time job when I became pregnant...but a week after I told them I was pregnant, I was cut from 40 hours a week to 24 hours a week. I gave them a note stating I couldn't do any heavy lifting over 20lbs for the duration of the pregnancy due to previous miscarriages, and the manager said it might result in a further reduction in my hours. 4 weeks later, I was cut from 24 hours a week to 12 hours a week. Since I was 8 weeks, I had been asking for a maternity uniform. They kept telling me they couldn't get one. They said that due to the renovations of all the locations across Canada, they were changing the uniforms too and that there wasn't a maternity uniform available in any size in either of the two uniforms and that they were not able to accommodate the uniform policy for me with the regular uniform (which would mean I leave my shirt untucked and don't wear a belt...the ONLY adjustments I would have required).

Anyway, mid-January, I visited another location in town and there was an employee there who was pregnant and due about a week or two before me. Guess what? She had a uniform. Her manager overheard my conversation with her and said that they DID have maternity uniforms available, but only in one size, medium.

So that was my last straw. I was pretty much, at that point, working for a bi-weekly paycheque that was enough to cover one week of daycare. I was being set up to either quit from a reduction in hours and not being able to survive, or being fired for violating the uniform policy when I got so big that I could no longer tuck in my shirt or do up my belt.

So I called the labour board who said regardless of their excuses, the timing makes it very suspicious for pregnancy discrimination and advised me to hand in my resignation and open up a complaint.

I did just that. Unfortunately, my only option then to continue to support the children was Ontario Works, or welfare. It took a lot for me to go and apply. I always swore I would never ever raise my children on welfare, and if I saw this situation coming up, I would have waited to try for a pregnancy. I know these kinds of situations are what welfare is there for, but it's still really embarrassing to go from a position of being able to financially provide for yourself and your children without struggling to being in this position.

I've been looking into college courses instead lately, and looking to do ECE and lead to Autism and Behaviour Sciences. OW doesn't require that I work until all of my children are of school age, and if I'm working or attending school, they will also pay for child care. So I'm looking at applying for January 2015 starts for ECE. Both programs are two years long, so that by the time Freckle is ready for Junior Kindergarten, I'll just be finishing up the Autism course and can potentially end up with a career and be able to properly provide for the kids again, rather than working a dead end, minimum wage job serving coffee that barely covers costs for one person, let alone 5.

Good luck Brandi!! I know the feeling of having to go to the Welfare office and ask for help. I had to do it when my ex all of a sudden quit paying child support. I went from having more than enough money to support me and the kids plus extras to nothing in 1 week. We had made an agreement that even though he was the one who worked physically, we built the business together and I still ran the business side of the company so I would get half the profits. Well, from one week to the next, the checks went into his name and at first he said he was waiting on them to be mailed. Then, when I caught on to what was happening, I confronted him. He kept his excuses. My rent was due by then s it was get help or lose my house. I had to go apply for assistance until I could find employment and get a check to pay bills and buy food. It turned out that I didn't get any food assistance until I had my first check, btu that is how DFaCs works in the States. LOL I foudn a job that had me away from my kids for way to long. I wouldleave my house at 6am and return home at 7:30pm. It sucked, but it paid the bills until I could get my deadbeat ex to start paying up. He never paid as much as before. When I took him to court, he quit his business and started working in a facotry just so he didn't have to pay much child support. I told him that he was stupid, that even though he would have to pay a larger amount, he would still have had more money. LMAO

Sorry for the long rant. You hit a nerve. :)

My temp is finally way down and I am having cramps so hopefully, AF is making her appearance today!!!

Brandi - I applaud you. I am all for people that need the system when certain events happen and especially when they are attempting to better themselves.

The saying really is true though... if you do something you love you will never work a day in your life! Find something that inspires you as I know that what you are considering is near and dear to your heart.

Brandi-that really stinks! I hope you end up owning that darn company!
My ex also quit working to avoid support. He never went to jail but he now gets his paycheck garnished & is around 10grand behind.....

Men can be so stupid, eh Galvan? My ex went on welfare and then filed bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay child support. Well, turns out for him, it's still going to continue to accrue. He's going to owe $900 by the time we go to court next, and that's not including the $800 he already owes from prior to our last court date.

While on welfare, he won't have to pay but regardless of the bankruptcy status, it'll still build and he'll still owe it at the end of the term. There's nothing I can do to pursue to payments right now because of the wording on the court order. I'm going to have that changed when we go back to finalize everything in April.

Thank you Brandy. It's a temporary life setback that, in the end, will only be better for myself and my kids. Couldn't let the kids go without but I had to put my pride aside to give them the best in the long run.

Brandi- Here in the states bankruptcy doesnt apply to CS it continues to accrue no matter what. If the custodial parent goes on assistance they still try to collect it and what they collect during that time the state/government keeps some of it to recoup their expenses for supporting the children and releases some to the parent.

I hope they suck the guy dry!

Brandi-that really stinks! I hope you end up owning that darn company!
My ex also quit working to avoid support. He never went to jail but he now gets his paycheck garnished & is around 10grand behind.....

hopefully someday he will get a big tax return and you will randomly get a huge check in the mail... since he is garnished the IRS will send you the refunds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->