Tubal Reversal ladies, just moved from WTT!!!

Th er told me the pregnancy test came up negative and that he saw a sac in there but he wasn't sure if it was from a chemical pregnancy or if it was from my last cycle from being so long and that I should follow up with my obgyn and I already have an appointment on Wednesday at 9:10 am

Hmmm....not sure how you can have a sac, but negative blood test since sac is not usually seen until after hcg levels reach 1200 or more & sac will not form from a long cycle... not to be a skeptic but I Think something is not right with this.. I'd be getting a 2nd opinion.

Oh & with a chemical a sac doesn't form....you get a positive test but AF shows up anyway. Hope you get some answers soon :)

Kuawen, I just noticed in your signature that you were diagnosed with MTHFR A1298C. I have that as well. What did your dr. say about this? I can't seem to find much info on that particular mutation?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :flower: you're actually the third person I've run into on these boards with MTHFR, though the first with the same mutation as me. There's a bit of a story behind my diagnosis, which goes into how I'm treating it:

I was crying to one of my best girl friends one day about all the losses I've had (this is before I was sent to the RE), and she went to her community mommy group for any advice or input on what might be going on with me. Another woman who had had multiple early pregnancy losses (she's been pregnant 21 times and has 6 healthy children, all losses before 6 weeks) came forward and let my friend know that the cause for her losses had been MTHFR. So my friend encouraged me to ask to be tested for it and I had to really strong arm my OBGYN to do it, and tested positive.

Unfortunately the moment the positive results came back my OBGYN informed me that he could not treat it and referred me over to the RE. The RE then told me he wouldn't treat me for it and doesn't believe it is the cause for my losses because they happened so early, and as far as he knows MTHFR only causes losses later in pregnancy :growlmad: this is of course ridiculous and outdated information.

But you are right; there's not a whole lot out there about MTHFR A1298C. All the attention seems to be on the other gene involved in the mutation. Some studies I've read seem to show that the mutation still causes the inability to absorb folic acid or folate while not causing a rise in homocystine, but others contradict that and say that it does cause a rise in homocystine just as often as the other mutation.

Generally I'm taking the safe approach: I'm taking a supplement of methylfolate (https://www.amazon.com/L-Methylfola...F8&qid=1399411697&sr=8-3&keywords=methyl+life) as well as a subligual B-12 supplement to aid in absorption. As my family DOES have a history of blood clots I'm also taking 81mg of aspirin (baby aspirin) a day, but not everyone with MTHFR A1298C needs baby aspirin. This is the same regiment that doctors should treat their patients regardless of what form of the mutation they have. My hopes is that this will improve my health and energy levels as well as help us keep our next baby. But I am also still undergoing a lot of tests to rule out any other possible causes for the RPL.

Thank you for taking to the time to respond! Wow! You're taking a lot of supplements…but good to know they're helping you:thumb up: I hope you get a keeper in your arms before long. Dr.s can be so cold and impersonal:nope: those m/c were your babies, no matter what:hugs:

Thanks for the link for they methylfolate. I'll compare with what I'm taking. Thorne brand…1mg. My RE said this particular mutation wasn't a great concern:shrug:
Why oh why! do our bodies have to be so darn complex:wacko:

Fluter, fx'd for your cycle:happy dance: hope this is finally it for you:hugs:

Angie, any word on your beta?:hugs:

Anjie, sounds like a good plan to see your ob/gyn…just to make sure everything is okay. As several other gals mentioned, too, I had TERRIBLE periods for the first 3 cycles following my TR:nope:

Cupcake, I'm sure you're dh will come around:hugs: especially once you drop the whole thing and just redirect your focus. I KNOW it's much easier said than done, but I have actually loved our first cycle of NTNP:thumb up: I have no idea where I am in my cycle and I'm totally fine with it:flower: We probably bd'd MORE this cycle than in our TTC cycles:wacko:. If it's in God's plan for us to have any more children, then WE WILL! I don't have to make it happen all on my own. What's required of me? Keeping my body healthy and bd'ing when the mood strikes us. Let God do the rest.:winkwink: I'll bet your hubby will start taking his supplements if you totally ignore it all. :hugs:

Yea the doctor seemed shocked by what was in the report the er doctor gave as well and I guess I will see what my obgyn will say when I go Wednesday I hoping he will have answers to what was going on with af this cycle and I am going to talk to him about getting progesterone to help lengthen my luteal phase to where it needs to be.

I called my obgyn office this morning right after they opened and let them know what the er doctor told me and that I was wondering if I should come in sooner or just keep my appointment I alreadyhad for Wednesday. So when I go in Wednesday I will ask what he thinks and I am hoping he will tell me its just my body trying to clean itself after a really long cycle and I am also going to ask about getting progesterone to help lengthen my luteal phase to where it needs to be at

Sorry for double post at first it didn't looked like the first one actually posted so I did a new one I am still trying to get used to this new phone

Anjie I agree with Cupcake. That makes no sense to see a sac. My periods were hell after tr for awhile as well. Hope you get some answers at the OBGYN. B complex vitamins will help with your LP

Yea I also agree whT the er doctor seemed off and since I already had an appointment with my obgyn to discuss what we can dp to lengthen my luteal phase and I am going to see what he says because the er doctor last night didn't seem lile he bothered to really look at the ultrasound report and pictures before making a diagnosis seemed like he just wanted yo hurry and get me out of there asap so before I assume anything the er doctor told me wad true I want to see what my obgyn says and most likely it will just be due to the very long cycle I had before the current one I'm on now.Also when I asked the er doctor if it was a chemical pregnancy or a missed miscarriage and he said chemical I don't understand if he didn't know what a chemical pregnancy was why he said it was that I feel the hospital I went to is going down the drain I was only taken in the back for tests and in between the tests that were done I waited in the waiting room and on top of that they took my to an area to see the doctor and he just said the results to the blood work and the ultrasound and seemed like he wasn't even listening to my questions just trying to get me out of there so he could get on to the next patient if I had known I wouldn't have gotten the answers I needed or the care I deserve I would have just waited for my appointment on Wednesday.

Sorry for your struggle in trying to find out what's going on with your body, Anjie! It is crap when our bodies betray us..

I got my beta back at 11am today and guess what?? It was a measley 8. ha ha.. It went up two whole points. I was like YAY I am so pregnant I beat every pregnant woman alive! Then I cried and started looking up ways for me to help my uterine lining and vitamins for my hubby. 5th chemical pregnancy.. I can't pass 5 weeks no matter what I do it seems. I wish I had an RE so I could have mine and the hubby's compatibility testing done. My hubby has an Autistic son and he wonders if his sperm and me are just not meshing right. I told him I don't care if we mesh right when it comes to babies cause we mesh right when it comes to love and that's SO WAY more important than babies. I would rather have him than any babies if it came down to it.
So many things it could be really. I don't get my 'pregnant' progesterone test back until probably Monday.. What a pregnancy.. ha ha.. even I had to laugh at that sissy number. Shameful really. I can't seem to get an egg to implant. Nothing points to bad eggs. Serious issues with lining. Progesterone level seems to be a HUGE improvement with progesterone pills, but I can't get an egg to implant. I decided to take my clomid pills from cd5-9 even though I don't have a 5 day period, I will take it anyway in hope that it will extend my ovulation and help my egg grow more in case it needs it. Hopefully that will help with that and I will begin taking raspberry leaf pills to help with uterine lining. Even if it doesn't work it won't hurt to take the pills for a few months and see if I can't get my body on a more even keel. So I will be having another loss.. Sucks and me and the hubby had a good cry and decided to jump right back on the wagon.. I took progesterone this morning but will not take it again.. It has probably been keeping my period at bay.. No idea really. No word from my doctor yet. She is supposed to be 'Looking into my chart'... Never ending crap.... waiting for my cycle to begin.. My luck it will probably hit Mother's Day since I am not beaten enough already.. UGH!!

Angie I'm so sorry about your low number. You mentioned how to improve your lining, STOP taking the clomid. It thins the lining in lots of women. I'd switch to femera. That's why my RE only used femera even in IVF because of the lining issues clomid can cause. I'm still holding out hope for you and this bean (hugs)

Hugs Angie! Flutter is right clomid can thin the lining but there are other options. If you choose to do clomid again you can start on CD 5 even if AF is gone, bleeding is not required for it to work. I took it 3 different times on CD 3-7, 4-8 & 5-9. I hate it your going through this. I don't think immature eggs will implant, so maybe its egg quality issues or sperm issues...both can cause m/c. Royal jelly & coq10 are supposed to help with egg health I believe. Glad your dh is so supportive for you :)

Anjie, I had a that for months after my tr. In fact I still have nauseau just about every cycle.

Cupcake, TTC can be hard on the strongest marriage. Hang in there ;)

6 dpo and I have a temp jump...fx'd. I will be 42 next month!
Fx'd & prayers lifted girl!!!!!

fx'd cj!

AFM- here's my follies Right 24.30, 22.96 and 16.30 Left 24.13 and 20.80. The nurse said she'd have to call the doctor to see what he wanted to do because even the 16 has potential to be fully matured by Saturday. I figured she call back and say it was a no go, but he said if we want to proceed he'll do it. My husband is sooo excited, I'm a bit nervous! We have to be there on Sat morning. Trigger is tonight. Fx'd
Holy cow flutter!!!! IM EXCITED for you!!! 5 chances in there. I'm liking those odds! ;)

Angie, so sorry to hear those numbers:cry: I'm glad you're not giving up and that hubby is on board, too:hugs: Now, this may be a long, long shot but I've been thinking about how you seem to always have hcg in your system...do you suppose you might need a d & c to full clean out your uterus?:shrug: it's just something that keeps popping into my mind, when I read your +hpts starting at 7 & 8 dpo and then low betas:shrug: just a thought:hugs:

Anjie, I had a that for months after my tr. In fact I still have nauseau just about every cycle.

Cupcake, TTC can be hard on the strongest marriage. Hang in there ;)

6 dpo and I have a temp jump...fx'd. I will be 42 next month!

Cj, that temp looks AWESOME:happydance: hope it's your 42nd birthday present:hugs:

Hey ladies it's been a long time since I been on here.... I had my TR two yrs ago and nothing yet.... We've moved and are now using a new Dr, we found a cyst on my right overy back in March the dr put me on provera to get rid of the cyst. I went back to him yesterday for a checkup and the cyst is gone, I thought we maybe PG but we're not... He's got me taking Provera again to bring AF on (I've not had her since March) then I'm to call and set up an appointment for HSG test... If it looks good then he said clomid would be our next step then if that's not successful iui.... I've been feeling so alone in this again for a while..... I'm back if y'all have me

Hi Stmom!! I remember you! Sorry you are having trouble. It's been 4 years for me. It sucks having unexplained infertility. I'm glad you've got a new Dr. and a plan

Yesterday was the first time DH has met him. And he was really impressed with the plan the Dr has the old Dr didn't seem to share his plan if he had one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->