TW - (Traditional Weaning) Support Thread

Here is Omar messing up with my food, he was screaming for my plate & my food ended up on the floor

OOOO Thanks for this thread x. BLW seems to be what most people are going for on here but it really has not worked for my LO! he just refuses to put it in his mouth.
so... at 7 months he is not interested in food what so ever, maybe a few spoonfulls, he would rather has his milk :shrug: anyone else?
Will be dipping in and out of this thread :flower:

Omar.... look at your lovely hair, he is so handsome. :flower:

rhys has always loved his food since we started weaning him so i cant help im sorry hun.

another question i wanted to ask was if anyone has given their baby swede?

i made a batch of swede puree today and ate the rest myself (feel ill now!!)!!!

We are planning to start weaning in the next week or two and I'm so happy you have started this thread! My question is: what is the best time of day to give the baby rice at first? I've heard it recommended to give in the evening so she sleeps well (although she sleeps pretty well already), and I've also heard to give in the morning in case it upsets her tummy or something. Which "meal" did you give first? I figured we'll do a week or so of baby rice or possibly oatmeal and then move on to 2 meals - one of rice/oatmeal and one of veggie/fruit, but I don't know what time of day to do these meals. Also, I work 3 days/week, so I'm trying to think what might be easiest for the woman who watches her those days. Thanks!

I never started Chloe on baby rice at all, I just started her on a little baby porridge for breakfast as it then a week or so later introduced a veg puree for lunch time. I kept it quite open and easy going as her meal times at nursery are different to when I feed her at home but so long as they are roughly near the same time it seems to work well.

rihannon: I bought one and never ended up making it due to my dead blender, did your LO like it?

Lola likes swede mixed with sweet potato and carrot!

Zach really dislikes parsnips and will only eat carrot mixed with other veg! But then he loves Salmon, Plaice and Chicken livers!! Strange child lol!

I have some questions guys if anyone can help:)

So far my lo has had pureed sweet potato, butternut squash, and parsnip all of which hes loved. When i give it to him, i thin it down with some formula and baby rice. can you just defrost it and give it to him how it is, or do you have to add stuff to water it down a bit?

Also, ive tried him on apples and bananas, and he will eat it, but his face says hes not keen! What other fruits are they allowed? Ive got some kiwis in the fridge, could i puree those up for him? What about cherry tomatoes?

Also some other more general questions.... what age did you start weaning, and what ages did you introduce more meals per day? is there a "rule" your meant to follow for that? Also, how many ice cubes of puree do you give your lo in one sitting? I never know if im giving him enough

Thanks in advance!!

xx

I have some questions guys if anyone can help:)

So far my lo has had pureed sweet potato, butternut squash, and parsnip all of which hes loved. When i give it to him, i thin it down with some formula and baby rice. can you just defrost it and give it to him how it is, or do you have to add stuff to water it down a bit?

Also, ive tried him on apples and bananas, and he will eat it, but his face says hes not keen! What other fruits are they allowed? Ive got some kiwis in the fridge, could i puree those up for him? What about cherry tomatoes?

Also some other more general questions.... what age did you start weaning, and what ages did you introduce more meals per day? is there a "rule" your meant to follow for that? Also, how many ice cubes of puree do you give your lo in one sitting? I never know if im giving him enough

Thanks in advance!!

xx

You can defrost the puree and just give it as it is no problem, or maybe add some formula or baby rice once it's defrosted like you do now.

I pureed some pear and Chloe loved that, it tasted really sweet.

I started off with 1-2 cubes but she soon worked her way up to wanting more, just gradually do it over a week or so and if its too much just keep going as you are then try again a little later. Just go by your LO :flower:

Hope some of that helps :flower:

We are planning to start weaning in the next week or two and I'm so happy you have started this thread! My question is: what is the best time of day to give the baby rice at first? I've heard it recommended to give in the evening so she sleeps well (although she sleeps pretty well already), and I've also heard to give in the morning in case it upsets her tummy or something. Which "meal" did you give first? I figured we'll do a week or so of baby rice or possibly oatmeal and then move on to 2 meals - one of rice/oatmeal and one of veggie/fruit, but I don't know what time of day to do these meals. Also, I work 3 days/week, so I'm trying to think what might be easiest for the woman who watches her those days. Thanks!

I never started Chloe on baby rice at all, I just started her on a little baby porridge for breakfast as it then a week or so later introduced a veg puree for lunch time. I kept it quite open and easy going as her meal times at nursery are different to when I feed her at home but so long as they are roughly near the same time it seems to work well.

rihannon: I bought one and never ended up making it due to my dead blender, did your LO like it?

swede did not go well!! he gagged and spat it out while making a face. i tried it four time and same result. may try him again next week :) cant blame him mind...i like butter and pepper and salt in my swede...poor rhys just had swede!! xx

[/QUOTE]swede did not go well!! he gagged and spat it out while making a face. i tried it four time and same result. may try him again next week :) cant blame him mind...i like butter and pepper and salt in my swede...poor rhys just had swede!! xx[/QUOTE]

Have you trie3d mixing a bit of his milk in it to make it creamier for him? Saf likes most of her veg like that:thumbup:
xx xx

I

Since then I keep trying finger food - which get smashed to pieces and rarely go in his mouth. I aso keep trying home made coarser purees, proper food (eg fish, mashed potato and squished peas) and stage 2 jars - all of which he hates.

Now he refuses it before he's even tried it, and the last couple of days he cries as soon as he goes in his highchair. Can anyone offer suggestions - I'm at my wits end with it ](*,)

Have you tried (or are comfortable) with giving him soft fruit? I mostly offer purees but give my guy finger food every meal. He LOVES strawberries that I cut in half, he sucks them to a pulp. Same with honeydew melons - but they need to be really ripe so that he can grip them well. Just an idea.

Or you could try fruit in a babysafe feeder :) The handle on the feeder makes it easier to hold, so they can eat it anywhere without making such a mess and the netting makes it easier for them to 'pulp' and less likely to gag :D

https://www.thatcuteage.com/p1183-Baby-Safe-Feeder?src=gBase

Asda do their own version which is much cheaper but does the same job

^ Thats a great idea! Could this be used from as early as 4 months do you think? I guess it would be the same as pureed food as it still has to go through the little holes right? x

oooh i bought one those and put it somewhere in my house for when i start weaning, will look for it later, thanks for reminding me lol.

okay just read this all, this might sound dumb, but two of you were saying things about it maybe being too hot,
but I didn't know you even had to warm it up? :rofl: which purees do I warm up?

I have one of those self feeders but I don't know what to put in it!!

Kayleigh - I don't add formula or anything to veg purees. She has them like the consistency of mashed potato! Although when I first started I used to add some of the cooking water before I pureed.

i add the cooking water when pureeing. the swede was just a bad idea, he likes all his other vegs. bought the gravy cubes in tesco today!! cant wait to try them!! x

I started TW a few days before she was 6 months and she's loving it! I bought a beaba babycook which steams, blends, defrosts and reheats and it was expensive but is a godsend!! So far I have pureed carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, swede, parsnip, courgette, pear and apple. She hasn't tried them all yet as I want to introduce new tastes gradually but she loves butternut squash and pear the best so far. I mix in breastmilk with them to make them more creamy for her. The only thing she didn't like was swede and she had an upset tummy after that.

She also has some finger foods alongside, like cucumber, banana, watermelon and going to start on a few other things like toast over the next week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->