Two Week Weight Loss And Fitness Challenge Sept 16th to Sept 30th

I haven't done very well this weekend! I have sciatica that comes and goes, and it's back with a vengeance right now. And we're having a heatwave, so it's back to 95-100°. Yuck. Neither have me motivated to get out and run at all.

How are your spouses/partners? My husband is an elite runner. He is very fit. He also has a horrendous sweet tooth, and it's so hard to resist when he's having cookies and ice cream sandwiches and bits of chocolate all the time. I've talked to him about keeping it out of the house, but it never lasts. About a year ago I swore off sweets, and I did pretty well with it. I think I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. I need to get back into the mindset that I just don't eat that stuff.

I don't really have much weight to lose, just vanity pounds, I guess, but I'd really love to get back to exercising being habit rather than a chore.

Mine trains dogs for a living so he is out walking around all days, all hours, all weathers. He also lifts weights every morning and goes for a run or a bike ride with our own dog most days.

So he can eat whatever he likes and not feel the effects, which sucks, but I've only got myself to blame for my lack of definition!

Meep that's so funny ... My oh is a dog trainer too but mainly coaches agility now . We have 4 dogs , two BC and a lab . He is out walking / training them morning , noon and night . We also offer home boarding .. He works out daily in a home made gym too . He has a sweet tooth at night and will easily put away a packet of biscutes in a sitting

Haha! What a weird coincidence! Mine mainly deals with problem dogs (usually by training the owners lol) and a bunch of regulars who enjoy a long walk and a swim, but have owners who work. It's always nice to see an antisocial dog become one of the 'pack' and make friends :') ... he has such a way with them.

We only have the one dog, a male Kelpie. We've had dogs to stay too!

Should have seen the gigantic bowl of pasta OH downed last night. He's working it off right now to the beat of some crappy music he likes!

Breakfast done ..... Scrambled eggs !
Butternut squash soup made for lunch

Weight 206.6
I don't take measurements but do take photos (you can have a peek in my weight loss journal)

No breakfast yet today (naughty, I know!) but plan to have some eggs and weight watcher toast.. may change my mind when time comes though and have a yummy protein smoothie.. will see.

Hi Eve :wave:

What sort of weight are you aiming for?

Ok :) so today so far so good !! Didn't manage to go weigh myself that will have to wait until tomorrow . Did manage a 30min walk albeit with a toddler on a bike and a dog on a lead in tow so wasn't particularly fast !!! But done anyhow ....
Today I'm feeling quite motivated :) and my sweet potato soup was lovely :)

I'd like to join you. I'm currently 10st 11lb and would like to lose 18lb to get back to the weight I was before my first of three babies.

I put on about 3 stone with each baby but lost the majority of it fairly quickly after the first 2. After the initial baby/placenta/blood weight loss from the birth of baby number 3, I lost very little weight so was left with a good 2 stone excess. I've lost nearly a stone of it over the last 3 months through phases of better rating but now I'm adding proper exercise into the mix too.

I'm going to try to avoid sugar and wheat (except the coffee and cake meet up I have planned tomorrow) and drink loads of water.

I alreadu walk every day but o want to do a proper workout 3 times a week too.

Still haven't managed to weigh myself but stuck with the programme 100 % again today :) I'm feeling positive and like its finally clicked in my head ! I AM going to do this :)

Goal for Tommrow I need to increase my intake of water and weigh myself !!!

Posting a little late but have been on my healthy changes since the 16th:) I dont own any scales atm as they got ruined when the kitchen ceiling caved in! but I think I am doing pretty good, my last recorded weight was 12st 5 before the ceiling which was about 2 months ago. I think I put on a few more on top of that so anything under that will be good:) Stick at it everybody xx

I've ordered a copy of The Harcombe Diet and I'm going back on it. No real calorie counting involved, just dietary changes. Plenty of whole foods, little to no refined sugar, and never eat fats and carbs at the same meal. Worked for me before, so feeling optimistic - just got to stick with it this time!

HI everyone. I've been away for a few days and I have lots to catch up on so I'll get through all the posts soon. It's great to have so many people join the challenge.

My two kids have both been sick with fever and aches and they've kept me constantly busy all day and night so I'm pretty exhausted.

My dh and I made a pact last Thurs. We both chose a 'toy' that we'd really like. Mine is a laptop. We need a new one so instead of getting El cheapo I can get the flash one I like. And we can only get it once we have lost the weight.

Though I had a fail. My mil made a carrot cake. It was the best cake ever and brought half over. I ate the whole thing at lunch time. I'm an all or nothing girl too so I'm wondering if I should announce that I'm off sugar. I have no control when sugar is around
Its crazy. I don't even realise I'm eating it.

I'm going to try to get out for a walk this morning with my youngest in the front pack and hopefully my oldest can go to her grandparents.

I've ordered a copy of The Harcombe Diet and I'm going back on it. No real calorie counting involved, just dietary changes. Plenty of whole foods, little to no refined sugar, and never eat fats and carbs at the same meal. Worked for me before, so feeling optimistic - just got to stick with it this time!

This sounds similar to what I'm doing/trying to start. I'm doing a no grain/high in whole foods/healthy fats lifestyle. Ideally I want to do some cavity (tooth) healing diet and drop legumes and nuts too.

Think I'm going to seriously struggle to do anything from now on, as it turns out I happen to be 4 weeks pregnant lol. But I'm going to keep trying to keep the weight off as much as possible during pregnancy as my body will be destroyed forever after two babies with no real permanent weight loss in between! Got to do something!!! :(

Oh Meep forget weight loss that is the best news ever :) congratulations :) don't worry you can start again in 10-15 months time :) was it a SUPRISE pregnancy ? Oooh how I'd love one of them ;)

Haha thanks. We were second month NTNP and I knew there was a small chance, but we'd only DTD twice and I had no symptoms so didn't think it was very likely. Lo and behold though, there's no mistaking countless second lines I've turned up in my eagerness to pee on stuff! :D

Congratulations, Meep! Very exciting news!! I hope the pregnancy goes very smoothly for you! We're done having kids, which I'm thrilled about, but I admit I'll miss the excitement of a positive HPT! I hope you find strength and health to take you through the pregnancy!

I've actually done quite well this week! I've stayed away from sweets, which is huge for me. I did put an Oreo in my mouth without thinking, but I stopped, thought VERY hard, and took it out. Ha. A little ridiculous, but once I start, I can't stop. I've been on a few runs and to a couple yoga classes, too. I'm feeling great. Yoga is helping my hips a lot, and the time away helps my brain!

I weighed myself yesterday, and while I'm trying to not fixate on numbers, I think I have a real chance of getting back into the 120s. That'll be a first since my MMC in 2014. I gained ten pounds for the twelve weeks I was pregnant, and my body never realized I had lost the pregnancy, so the hormones never properly flushed. Plus, I was emotional after and tend to find comfort in sweets.

We're off to a beach vacation in a few weeks, so it's my mini goal to just stay focused until then. I certainly won't be rocking a bikini, but I hope to not hate all the vacation pictures!

Hi Eve :wave:

What sort of weight are you aiming for?

I would like to reach 160lbs before Christmas but I'm a little doubtful that will happen as I am 205.2 as of this morning. I tend to have two weeks a month of great losses and two weeks not so much (ovulating and before/on period).

I weighed 125 right after the birth of my oldest and would love to be able to see the 130's someday but we shall see ;)

Posting a little late but have been on my healthy changes since the 16th:) I dont own any scales atm as they got ruined when the kitchen ceiling caved in! but I think I am doing pretty good, my last recorded weight was 12st 5 before the ceiling which was about 2 months ago. I think I put on a few more on top of that so anything under that will be good:) Stick at it everybody xx

HI 6lilpigs. I love your name and profile. Perhaps not a bad thing to have no scales (sorry to hear about the kitchen though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->