Two Week Weight Loss And Fitness Challenge Sept 16th to Sept 30th

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Weight Loss and Fitness Challenge

I'm struggling to eat less and up my fitness after having my second daughter. I really want to get my previous pregnancy body back.
I'll be here doing this challenge and after I'll set up one for October.
If you want to join in post your starting weight, a bit about yourself and what you struggle with and your two weeks goal. Then we give each other support over the two weeks.

I'll start...

Weight: tbc
Waist measurement: tbc (take measurement at the smallest part of your waist)
Fitness Goal: get 10k steps daily, introduce 2 x 15 minute weight work's per week.
Food Goal: be sugar free for two weeks and eat more vegetables.

Then let us know how you're getting on.

Ooh sign me up but LO is looking to be fed right now . Ill be back with details :)

Count me in! I just got out for a run with a friend earlier this week, and it felt great/terrible :)

Weight: 133 lbs
Goals: 3 mile run or workout video five days/week

I have had the hardest time being consistent with exercise since my first was born. I was very fit and active before him, and I've just really had a hard time making my fitness a priority since. There's always a kid that needs something, laundry that needs folding, kitchen that needs cleaning, etc... Maybe you ladies will help me feel more motivated!

Count me in! I just got out for a run with a friend earlier this week, and it felt great/terrible :)

Weight: 133 lbs
Goals: 3 mile run or workout video five days/week

I have had the hardest time being consistent with exercise since my first was born. I was very fit and active before him, and I've just really had a hard time making my fitness a priority since. There's always a kid that needs something, laundry that needs folding, kitchen that needs cleaning, etc... Maybe you ladies will help me feel more motivated!

Totally hearing you. I feel like my house is always in need of tudying/cleaning. It's hard to put yourself first though I like to remind myself that exercising is both putting me and my family first. I have to stay healthy to be there for them. However it can be harder to put into practise when the laundry piles up.

I want to join! I used to be a lovely 124 lb, but was probably around 130 lb when I conceived my daughter. I put on a horrendous amount of weight with her (she was 8 lb 15 oz) and I was enormous. By 10 weeks pp I had lost a lot of it through breastfeeding and while I was a bit baggy and saggy, I think I looked ok. However, she's now 2 and I've ballooned again. I'm about 148 lb now and only 5'4", so verging on being overweight. :(

I'd be happy to lose a stone.

I'm eating a lot better now ... for a while I lived on crap, and hardly ever drank plain water so I think that added badly to my calorie intake.

So ...

Weight: 148 lb :cry:
Waist: I don't want to know.
Fitness goal: I did a 15 minute Youtube workout for a week or two a couple of months ago but quickly quit. I plan to start this again and get out more, just walking with my daughter.
Food goal: Drink just water. My diet is really fine, though I'm not going to bother with sugar any more, as it's just empty calories.

I don't mind if I'm never as skinny again as I used to be. If I could just lose my saggy belly overhang, I'd be happy.

Maybe we should post a picture of a time we felt really content with ourselves as inspiration ... would people find that embarrassing? I might do one ...

Count me in I was 10 stone when I met my oh in 2008 by the time I got pregnant with baby number 3 last year I was 14 stone 4 I lost a stone due to sickness and gained about two back I was about 15 4 at the end of my pregnancy this time I was determined to lose it and not gain it back like I had previously done .
So I lost a stone & half by myself I then joined slimming world and lost another stone and half I got down to 12 stone the lightest I had been in a long long time I haven't been for a few weeks and gained About 5lb back I'm going back on Wednesday hoping to get to target by Xmas my target is 11 stone 6 as I'll then be a healthy Bmi
I don't want to be skinny like I was just feel good about my self
I need to get back motivated
I'm fatter than u all lol I'm 5 foot 7.5 tho x

How has everyone's first day gone? I've had two days as I'm in new Zealand. Nothing dramatic for me.
I'm going to make an effort today.

Donna - you are doing brilliantly and we'll done on losing weight. I'm fat too. I'm about 13 and a half stone. I don't want to be skinny but want to be 10 stone.

Thanks Hun . It's hard work esp when your busy with kids all day etc
I'm such a picker I like to pick all day and it's. Ahard habit to break I've been shopping today and got tons and tons of fruit and veg so here's to a good week x

Ate two Quorn burgers and a gigantic salad for tea. Didn't really bother with lunch as was feeling a little nauseous (I may be pregnant lol) ... been on a walk but not done any sort of workout. Need to kickstart that!

Meet and donna. .....

Attachments

• 2016-09-18 07.23.42.jpg
    2016-09-18 07.23.42.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 23
Meep are you ttc or ntnp or neither? Will you do a test?

I just stood on the scales and put back on the 4lb I lost two weeks ago. Stupid stupid weight.

NTNP really, but DTD at the right sort of time more than once this month so we will see! I'm only about 9 dpo at the moment so I'm hanging on for a few more days to test. :)

Sorry about the gain! Hopefully it's just pretend weight from water retention or cycle changes ... as it seems like it went back on quite quickly?

P.S. What is the image, the thumbnail won't open for me?

Hi everyone , I posted a really long post and lost it !!! I hate when that happens . It doesn't help that yesterday I slammed my Fi ger in the car door ! Oooooh the nail is gone black its a goner I think and sooo flipin sore !

I've had a journey with my weight over the last 3 years .. The short version ... Stared at 11 stone I'm 5.3 .. Was ok with that .. Not a super model but ok ...
Got pg ... Gained 3/4 stone . Had mmc ..... Gained another 1/4 stone .. 12 stone
2013 got pg ... Gained 2 stone = 13st 12lb .... EBF was starving all the time .... Ate all the time ,... But starting loosing weight rapidly around 8 months post partum . Dropped to 10st 4lb over a six week period without trying !! Went to the doc diagnosed with over active thyroid . Put on meds and start gaining weight ... Back to 12st 8lb . 2015 got pg again .... Gained a stone ... 13st3lb ... baby born march 16 EBF ... Starving all the time lol...... Gained 3/4 stone SINCE I'VE HAD BABY !!!!!

Joined weight watchers .. Went two weeks and just had zero motivation !! Put on 2 lb !!!
Currently weigh 13stone 12 lbs .... I don't want skinny , in fact I don't like skinny ... I am happy at around 11 stone .... So I've lots of work to do.

I'm going to cut all carbs and sugar out for 2 weeks Initally and see how we go . I'm not starting till tommrow as ive people coming over for dinner today and it would be too hard to organise and explain ect .

Tommrow is a fresh start . I plan on weighing myself once a week on a Monday .
I also plan to get out walking . At the moment I do zero exercise that needs to change . Small goal Initally 30mins a day :)

Thank you so much for starting this thread its helping already !!

Oh god, sorry about your finger, that sounds horrid!!

What a journey ... I seem to put on weight quite quickly/easily these days too and it sucks, so I'm sorry you're struggling with it.

A few years ago I used the Harcombe diet which allowed me to lose weight very easily and was pretty simple to stick to once I got the hang of it. I didn't need to lose weight - I was just vain - but had a little roll of flab round my belly that bothered me. Here is a video of me being a prat lol on about day 7 of the diet. I remember exactly, because I was so chuffed to see how flat my stomach went in such a short space of time. :haha:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6LhtQrh_48

I know I'm never going to look like this again - it's just not possible, and I have moderate stretch marks and saggy boobs lol. Plus my hair went quite weak after I gave birth and bf, and lots fell out/the ends all snapped off, so I lost inches off my hair while I gained inches round my middle. :( But I might just try that diet again, as I'm so unhappy with myself right now. :(

Aaaaand it looks like that link has failed! Bah.

No I saw it :) your hair is fab ! I too have hair issues lol.... All falling out , breaking and feels so thin .. I want to cut it all off !!!

It took about a year for my hair to fully restore itself but it does come back , till then I'm tying it up ! So here is what I envisage my diet for the next two weeks to look like

Breakfast
2 eggs ( scrambled ) boiled , poached with tomato or avocado . Maybe some grilled bacon on the weekends

Lunch
Homemade soup

Dinner
Salad , spinach , rocket ect with tomatoes cucumber , red peppers , onion , corn ,ect ,... With a balsamic dressing with meat . Grilled turkey burgers, chicken breast , pork chops ect .....

And LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER ... Oh and if I need it fruit to snack on ..

I would love to take part in a weight loss challenge!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"