• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

Hey loveto. Some of us are just about to enter the TWW, others still have a little bit longer to wait.
If you want to start testing early, you can get a FRER, which are able to sometimes detect pregnancy up to 6 days before AF is due.
Is this your first TWW?
Baby dust!

Hi ladies! So my period is due 20th of this month... I am just about 1dpo now! I am feeling like I've done all I possibly can having done so much bd ing that I and my oh are exhausted!!!! This is my first month of trying. I got a positive opk test morn but now dry cm so I'm presuming I have ovulated although I'll keep bd for a couple days to make sure. Excited but nervous about getting a big disappointment... I would love to start testing at 10 dpo but.... I know unlikely to be positive for a bit longer if I were to get pregnant and don't know how stressed I would get seeing a bfn! Agggg! Well we are here together girlies. So nice to share with people going through the same thing. I wish u all the luck for happy results... Let's keep each other up to date with symptoms if we have any early ones! Baby wishes to u all. Xxx

Well my gut told me to BD so we did! Ha! Still no OV. Hoping todays the day!

One bump - I'd BD today - alot of girls get temp dips right before they ovulate and you got a pretty good one going on right now hun!

oooooo snowflakes that would be amazing, don't have my hopes up, but will def be dtd just incase!!

Well ladies, it looks like we've all been hard at work BDing! haha! I'm most defo going to sneak another BD in tonight, I just don't feel comfortable with only once.
Snow and Onebump - where did you learn everything you know about temping? I think I'm going to do it if I have to move onto the next cycle.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend. I just got back from a Easter egg hunt with my daughter. So fun!

How nice going on an Easter hunt, I hope I have LO(s) to take on easter hunts soon ;)

Most of my temping knowledge is from others on the board. Fertility Friend gives you advise, but I never read much of it in any great detail :blush:

Agggg! Well we are here together girlies. So nice to share with people going through the same thing. I wish u all the luck for happy results... Let's keep each other up to date with symptoms if we have any early ones! Baby wishes to u all. Xxx

GL to you too :thumbup: :happydance: Lets do this ;)

Busybee - welcome! My AF is due on the 20th as well! When will you begin testing? I know what you mean about not wanting to test too early in fear of the disappointment of a BFN. I'm going to try to hold out until the day after AF is due, but I'll probably test before.
Onebump - You will be going to Easter egg hunts, pictures with Santa, trick or treating, days at the park, etc, etc, with your LO one day, I know it. :)

What is it about the TWW that makes us insane?!?! I was due to O yesterday (which I'm not quite sure if I did), and my insaneness started this morning! haha. I wish pregnancy had no possible symptoms for the first month or so, so we didn't drive ourselves mad symptom spotting! I'm only 1DPO (hopefully) for goodness sakes!!! This better be our last month in the TWW thread ladies, I don't know how much longer I can take it!!! :p

Onebump - You will be going to Easter egg hunts, pictures with Santa, trick or treating, days at the park, etc, etc, with your LO one day, I know it. :)

:cry: with joy :) Thank you Torres:hugs: that was so touching, brought a wee tear to my eye. Makes me excited.

I'm with you on the TWW turning us crazy. I feel so relaxed right now as all I can do is :sex: . Once that turns into the TWW and there is NOTHING I can do but hope, I go crazy. I was convinced last month it was my turn because of SS, I never have back ache and had a power of it. I'm hoping to hold onto some of this relaxed state of mind.

:wine: (non-alcoholic cheers) to our last month in a TWW!!

I reallly hope this is all of ours LAST tww!!!

Welcome Busy Bee & Lovetobemum!!

Torres - I did the free tutorial that they offer on Fertility Friend but what was really helpful is the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Let me say that that book is awesome... I learned so much about my body! Even if you aren't charting it's just a great book to read.

Ladies, I was so excited today to get the strongest +opk yet. I only started using them last cycle and I got a + which didn't lead to O, but stopped testing that month.

I have attempted to attach a photograph, but it's my first time so it may not work. Look how strong the test line on left is :D Just did another test and my pee was quite diluted and line was weaker than control, but that's ok eh?

The dilemma is, if it truly is a +, OH and I dtd this morning, we used preseed. BUT when should we do it next. Some of the posters on the board say night time BD is favourable to morning as you lie down after it. BUT I don't want to dtd tonight as OH's :spermy: may not have had the chance to fully regroup ;)

However waiting till tom night seems WAY too long. Would tom morning be best option???

I SO hope I O this time, would be a much better length of cycle :)

How are you all doing today?

Attachments

• LH 8.4.12.jpg
    LH 8.4.12.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 7
I read somewhere that morning is better because the sperm is better quality, could be due to coolness as his body rests at night. You could lay down whether morning or night. Happy BD. :flower:

Hi ladies hope you are well and not getting too frustrated waiting so far. How much do you wish you could peek inside and see what's happening!!that would be amazing!! Oh well. I guess the next thing I'm waiting for is to see if u get any implantation symptoms but I know they are not all that common.xx

Torres... I may test at 10 dpo?? But I'm really unsure. I know the sensible thing is to wait for a late period but can I hold out that long??! Plus at least if it was neg you could gentler ease yourself into the disappointment?! I think I'll let things happen and see how I feel. How many dpo are you? I'm either two or three. X

Noodlesnack that sounds good,couldnt wait till tonight incase i missed it. Woohoo.

Busybee looking inside wld b amazing, put our minds at ease. Hopefully u can wait as longas possible to avoid unnecessary BFNs. But ive not managed to fully wait for a late AF b4 testing, with 2 months testing at 8dpo. Hoping to crack the waiting this month.

One bump - That is one beautiful OPK I must say! I lay down for 30 min. whether we BD in the AM or PM. I say wait at least 24 hrs between each BD session to give hubby a chance to replenish his troops! As noodle said, AM is best bc he's cooler during the night and more guys are horny in the AM so their sexual level is higher if that makes sense - I am horrible at explaining things!!

I also got my mega positive OPK yesterday and a fairly good temp raise this AM. So I def already OV'd and am 1 dpo!! :)

Thanks Snowflake. Hopefully I O today, after dtd this morning I did lie with legs up for 20 mins, whether it works or not...

My opk today I would normally have read as a + going by images I've seen on here, but it is noticeably lighter than yesterdays.

Snowflake, I read about how you've found ICs inconsistently unreliable. I've used my budget this month, but if I don't have success this month, I will need to invest in the digital opks especially as I have irregular cycles. Getting a heads up will help to focus the BDing.

However I feel really good this month (I also felt this on my previous cycles trying though). Hopefully I can remain positive if nothing else as it's the rollercoaster of emotions that really gets me. Obviously if AF turns up I'll be gutted, but no worrying now can change that. Therefore I refuse to be upset about something that has yet to happen!!

Onebump - what a beautiful opk! I'm really rooting for you chick, hope this is your month!
Snow - I lay down for a while after as well. I even lift my legs up to help the little troops swim up! And you did a fine job explaining why morning BD is better! :)

I have no idea what is going on with my body this cycle. According to all the ovulation calculators I was due to O anywhere from the 6th - 8th. But I had some spotting yesterday. It only lasted about 3 hours. It wasn't much, just maybe 3 spots on my underwear and a bit every time I wiped. I looked it up and I found that some woman can spot when they O - but I never have before.
Obviously the optimist part of me wants to think that I O'ed early and it could have been implantation bleeding, but the realist part of me knows that the chances of that are extremely slight. It's probably just my body trying to get back to normal after the chemical last month.
Onebump - how are your temps now? I don't know much (almost nothing) about temping, but aren't your temps supposed to change after you O?
Babyhopes - what's going on with you chick? Why so quiet?

I've heard that some women spot during O, so that def. sounds possible. I suppose your cycle may have been skewed after last month. It would be amazing if you had O'd early and were already at implantation. I suppose sometimes we just don't know. Hmmmmm, wish symptoms were so much cleaner and unique.

I think I will O today Torres going by the +opk if that is a 12hr-36hr warning of O. If I do I should notice a temp spike tomorrow. My temp climbed a tiny bit today, so don't think it had happened just yet.

Last night I had real ache in my right ovary, sort of constant, but with changing intensity, also affecting my lower back at same side. This morning as I was dozing (after my temp check) sharp pains in my left ovary woke me up. That's never happened, so who knows what any of that means. LOL. Can't help myself analysing everything!

Onebump - that sounds like O pain. I had that last month. DTD tomorrow morning just to cover all bases!

Onebump - what a beautiful opk! I'm really rooting for you chick, hope this is your month!
Snow - I lay down for a while after as well. I even lift my legs up to help the little troops swim up! And you did a fine job explaining why morning BD is better! :)

I have no idea what is going on with my body this cycle. According to all the ovulation calculators I was due to O anywhere from the 6th - 8th. But I had some spotting yesterday. It only lasted about 3 hours. It wasn't much, just maybe 3 spots on my underwear and a bit every time I wiped. I looked it up and I found that some woman can spot when they O - but I never have before.
Obviously the optimist part of me wants to think that I O'ed early and it could have been implantation bleeding, but the realist part of me knows that the chances of that are extremely slight. It's probably just my body trying to get back to normal after the chemical last month.
Onebump - how are your temps now? I don't know much (almost nothing) about temping, but aren't your temps supposed to change after you O?
Babyhopes - what's going on with you chick? Why so quiet?

I'm still here - trying to stay low key on this cycle. I find the more obsessed and caught up in the whole thing I get, the bigger the disappointment with the BFN.

I think I will also test from 10dpo onward. I have a pile of IC's (which may or may not be any good from what I've been reading!) that I need to get rid of, so why not! :)

I'm not sure why, I haven't noticed anything different this month, but I feel really positive... Hopefully it's because this is my month!

My only concern is that this weekend coming up, I'm host a bridal shower for my best friend (I'm her MOH) and her bachelorette the following night. 2 nights of potentially heavy drinking... at 10/11dpo. Which is kind of why I want to test a bit early - to know if I'm ok to partake or not. There's no way my staying dry would go unnoticed - but it'd be WAY to early to explain why, given my prior chemical. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I did O early (on the 3rd like we thought), does your LP stay the same? ie is AF expected early as well? If I could 2 weeks from O day AF would be arriving somewhere near the 17th. Now the dilemma is if I do get my BFP at 10/11dpo than I can make up some antibiotic excuse or something... if I get a BFN than I have no idea what to do??? I could be preggo and just be too early to test. Part of me thinks I should be treating my body as if I am just in case, but the other side thinks not to worry about it - until I get my BFP go on with business as usual. SO many women go months without knowing they are preggers, drinking, smoking whatever and everything is fine.... but that just feels wrong knowing there is a chance I am. Which is even harder to explain why I'm not drinking - I MAY be pregnant but don't know yet? That just sounds strange to anyone not TTC.

So, the whole thing to say I have no idea how I'm going to deal with it!
I keep watching for implantation symptoms... but nothing yet.

With all you ladies and your talk of temping it's sounds tempting... if this doesn't work in the near future I may try that route. Are the BBT's expensive? I don't know that I'm disciplined enough to do it properly, and I know if you're not consistent, it's useless. Hopefully I'll never have to try it!

So - cycle #3 ladies - third one's a charm! Best of luck to you all!

I've heard that some women spot during O, so that def. sounds possible. I suppose your cycle may have been skewed after last month. It would be amazing if you had O'd early and were already at implantation. I suppose sometimes we just don't know. Hmmmmm, wish symptoms were so much cleaner and unique.

I think I will O today Torres going by the +opk if that is a 12hr-36hr warning of O. If I do I should notice a temp spike tomorrow. My temp climbed a tiny bit today, so don't think it had happened just yet.

Last night I had real ache in my right ovary, sort of constant, but with changing intensity, also affecting my lower back at same side. This morning as I was dozing (after my temp check) sharp pains in my left ovary woke me up. That's never happened, so who knows what any of that means. LOL. Can't help myself analysing everything!

That sounds promising!
I hate how a lot of these aches and pains tho can often mean many things though. Like, for example, I had a couple days of killer gas (sorry - TMI), which COULD be a sign, but could also just be plain old gas. Although I did experience the sore nipple thing yesterday, which I've never noticed outside of O. Although it was different - this time it felt more chafy than tender, if that makes any sense. Maybe I just had a seam or something rubbing on me... who knows. But FX that it's something! And I said I wasn't going to SS this month... sigh.

Babyhope - I would test before the bridal shower/bachelorette party. If you get negatives than I wouldn't worry too much about drinking. Like you said, many, many women drink and smoke during the first weeks of pregnancy and their babies turn out fine. I wouldn't drink extremely heavily though, I just personally wouldn't feel comfortable getting wasssstteeddd, knowing that there was a chance I could be preggo. As for the BBTs, I priced one at Shoppers Drug Mart (see your from ON too), it was $19.99. Hopefully you get your BFP this month and won't even have to worry about temping!
I was doing some online research, trying to figure out what my spotting was, and I'm 99% certain it was O spotting. From what I read, O spotting is a great sign of fertility and it happens right around when you O. Unfortunately for me, we didn't get to BD yesterday or the day before, so unless DH's sperm were super survivors, I don't think I really have a chance this month. :( I know they say sperm can survive up to 5 days or so, but obviously the closer to O the better. We last DTD Friday morning, and if I O'ed yesterday afternoon/evening, well, that's 2 1/2 days. I don't know....I just don't have a good feeling this month.
So Onebump you think you O'ed then right? So you're in the TWW now! When will you be testing?!
Snow - I see your ticker says 14 days till testing, but will you be testing earlier?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->