TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

Torres: This whole pregnancy, I've had the emotional bouts. They are lovely, haha! I never did have them like this with DD. These pregnancies are so different. Are yours? Yes, Tuesday is my first weekly appt. I have a group B strep test, and my first cervical check. I will be dancing if my BP and everything is great! I also got more nervous about the BP rising again the further I get. Last week made me feel so much better, having good BP when it went bad with DD was a relief.

OneBump: Eeeeek! So happy you shared your news! You are pregnant! :wohoo:

Babyhopes: I've also heard of many women getting pregnant right after they have HSG done. It's going to happen. I just know your future holds a 2013 baby, too! :hugs:

Yeahhh for telling co-workers One Bump. I bet it will be hard last week. :(

Babyhopes - I too have heard of lots of ladies getting it done and Bam! Pregnant! FX for you!

Torres - I have been sooo emotional too the past 4 days. It's been horrid. I really hope it goes away. I don't know if it's from all the stress of the holiday's or what... Ummm. Most family members say girl for me as I come from a family of all girls - I have 2 sisters so I think that is why they say girl. I have always wanted a girl for that reason as well. I know absolutely nothing about boys. Hubby comes from a family of all boys - he has 2 brothers. I can't believe it's 3 days away. Hubby and I are still thinking boy.

Leinz - Got all your shopping done for your DD? How's the house coming along?

Oh yea. I did my Facebook announcement too yesterday.

Here it is:

Our Christmas present came early... We're expecting a little miracle!!!
https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/lisamarie120/37083_10151299081484875_1008746977_n_zpsf0eb8f0f.jpg

Snowflakes: I love your announcement! How precious! I wish I would've thought of something that amazing. Eeek, you'll be finding out soon. I hope its a girl for you! It's normal to be emotional. I am myself for no reason at all. I hope it goes away for you, but it didn't for me.

AFM: Well, my Dr. Appt. went great. Blood Pressure perfect 122/72. No protein or sugar in my urine. I've gained 27lbs this pregnancy which is good. Zoela is low in perfect vertex position. And... Nice strong healthy HB at 138. Bump measuring right on. I had the Group B, so thats over with.

And... I told my Dr. about all the pressure, pressing down feeling, achy lower back, and lower tummy. And about the 8 braxton hicks I had in one hour. And he said it was all normal for how low I'm carrying and my gestation and that he wasn't going to do a cervical check today because he didn't want to irritate my cervix. Say what?? I was so worried about preterm labor, but he says everything looks good and healthy. He said that he would check my cervix next week. He also said he wouldn't be surprised if I was dilated or enfaced some. That it all happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies... And just like we all know it doesn't mean labor will occur sooner or later.

So, that is that. I'm happy all is going to perfection.

As for the house. It's coming along. They installed our new shower, and our new tub yesterday. DH and I are going shortly to go see it. They also put in all new plumbing and insulation. Also the downstairs bathroom had no foundation. (Idiots built it straight on the dirt ground.) So, they tore out our floor and put foundation underneath. They also tore off our back porch and put in a drainage system so water would flow away from our house and garage. Things are getting done, and lots of things, but I still wish it went faster.

Hey, sorry I've been so quiet. Been struggling with my anxiety and had to go back on my medication :-(
It has not been an easy decision, and I have shed many tears trying to make it. I have talked to 2 doctors, a therapist, and Motherisk (a department of the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto that researches meds in pregnant women and breastfeeding). All have said the same thing - the medication seems safe and the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was the 1%. I am on the lowest dose possible though. And I know it's necessary for my well-being, and that of my family.
Anyways - so hopefully I'll start feeling like myself again soon.

Snow - Make sure you update asap tomorrow!

Onebump - How are you doing?! When is your next appt? Are you still spotting from your cervical erosion?

Babyhopes - When is your hsg again? Keep up updated! Hopefully you'll be ringing in the New Year with a BFP!

Leinz - Not long now!

Oh and Snow - love love love your facebook announcement!

Torres: They used to have the pump and dump because there was so much they didn't know about meds and breastfeeding. But, as my consultant explained to me smaller amounts of meds get into your breastmilk.

Like my oral surgeon told me I'd need to pump and dump after my oral surgery. The consultant said the meds were no different than the ones I'd be offered during labor. Definitley get more than one opinion.

Hey, sorry I've been so quiet. Been struggling with my anxiety and had to go back on my medication :-(
It has not been an easy decision, and I have shed many tears trying to make it. I have talked to 2 doctors, a therapist, and Motherisk (a department of the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto that researches meds in pregnant women and breastfeeding). All have said the same thing - the medication seems safe and the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was the 1%. I am on the lowest dose possible though. And I know it's necessary for my well-being, and that of my family.
Anyways - so hopefully I'll start feeling like myself again soon.

Snow - Make sure you update asap tomorrow!

Onebump - How are you doing?! When is your next appt? Are you still spotting from your cervical erosion?

Babyhopes - When is your hsg again? Keep up updated! Hopefully you'll be ringing in the New Year with a BFP!

Leinz - Not long now!
HSG is tomorrow at 11am. I'm nervous :(
And to top it off DH brought a cold home and it's starting to get me. I'll be cranky tomorrow!

Yay for HSG and closer to getting pregnant! :) I hope you are mistaken and aren't coming down with a cold. If so I hope it passes quickly. :hugs:

Leinz - I got 3 professional opinions plus the info from the leading research hospital. I did not take this decision lightly and I made sure I was as well informed as possible.

When are you having your surgery? Do you have a date booked?

Babyhopes - good luck with your hsg!

Torres, I can only imagine how difficult your decision was. But medication is stimes the right answer for our physical and/or wellbeing.

Here's my 27 week bump. Pics taken last night before DD's Christmas Concert.

Attachments

• 27weeksF.jpg
    27weeksF.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 27weeksL.jpg
    27weeksL.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 27weeksR.jpg
    27weeksR.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 5
Torres: Your bump is beautiful! Happy 3rd trimester! :yipee: I hate tough decisions but if three opinions say meds is best, its best I'm sure.

My surgery is planned for 6 weeks after baby is born.

Thanks Leinz! I'm so confused as to when 3rd tri starts. Everyone I talk to says a different week. I feel like I'm in limbo until week 28, as everyone seems to agree that by week 28 3rd tri has started!

Waiting for updates from Snow and Babyhopes!
I will be shocked if it's a girl Snow.

Babyhopes - I hope the hsg was kind to you. Big Hugs!

I can't remember either. But, I think I put myself in at 27 weeks. Thats what it is here on BNB. Also... I think its different for different countries.

I put myself in the second trimester at 13w3d... And the third at 27 weeks. Its just approximate anyways. :)

Thanks Onebump! And congrats on finally being out of week 6! Haha.
How are you feeling? Ms? Tired?

Snow?
Babyhopes?

The anticipation and crippling anxiety was considerably worse than the procedure itself. It definitely wasn't comfortable or pleasant, but was relatively painless. Just when the catheter went in there was a bit of cramping. The results were positive - they saw nothing. Everything was completely normal. So back to the drawing board. I was in such an emotional whirlwind during the procedure they were actually worried - kept asking if I was ok and "still with them" etc. apparently I was totally "checked out", so wrapped up in my own anxiety - anticipating and bracing myself for the killer pain that never came, that I was almost catatonic and unresponsive. Sean watched it all on the screen and commented how amazing the technology is - all I remember looking at is my eyelids. But, all in all, more emotionally traumatizing than anything. I wish I hadn't read as much about the horror stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->