TWW starts today! Who's with me?!

I had one... used it everyday from 8 weeks. But, I couldn't consistently pick up baby's HB until 13 weeks. Then I listened everyday until 20+ weeks. It was nice because I majorly freaked out all of the time. I still do before an ultrasound, even if I've just felt her move. I'm just always afraid they'll tell me something is wrong.

I can't imagine spotting throughout the first tri - it must be so stressful. The good thing is we know that it's from your cervical erosion and baby is fine. But I totally understand you wanting weekly scans, I would want the same!
Leinz - I had no cervical change with dd#1 until 38 weeks. I went from nothing to 2 1/2 cm (can't remember % effaced) in two days. I ended up being induced that day as my bp and protein were out of control.
Snow - are you expected to go back to work 6 weeks after ds is born? Since I live in a border city, I have friends that work in the states and they only get 6 weeks off. To me that is just wrong. 6 weeks is not enough time whatsoever! Here in Canada you get a year of maternity pay.
Oh and congrats to DH for the new job! Hopefully you can make it work with one paycheck, at least for a while.
Babyhopes - thinking about you girl!

Onebump: Yes, that is me. I worry a lot. It's so hard being PAL, and it isn't easy with having DD whom was born with birth defects. One woman mentioned on my FB about Zoela's jaw being in like DD's and it freaked me out just last week. I keep telling myself I saw the same jaw and her sticking out her tongue at 28 weeks. But, I still cried. DH says he isn't worried at all.

Hey ladies! Hope all is well. Just came back from my obgyn appt, so I thought I'd give you all an update.
My bp is good, weight is good, baby is measuring perfectly, no GD, iron a bit low so I have to take supplements, and the achiness/tenderness I've been feeling in my uterus is just stretching.
Now for the blah part....
Dr is concerned with my preterm contractions. Last time he was hoping it was a one time thing, progesterone would relax my uterus and all would be well. That's not really how it's going. I'm still having episodes of frequent, consistent preterm contractions with some shooting pain into my vag/bum area. He is sending me for an ultrasound on my cervix. If it is under 2.5 I will be hospitalized. I asked him if I could just do bed rest at home instead - he said no.
I am praying that my cervix will be long. I cannot be hospitalized. I cannot be away from my daughter and hubby that much. It will depress me and make my anxiety worse. My ultrasound isn't until next tuesday, which I think is wayyyy too long to wait, but it is what it is. Having the possibility of being stuck in a hospital for weeks is going to loom over me like the plague for the next 6 days.
I mainly feel confident that my cervix will be fine, but I'm also scared poopless at the same time that it won't be.... :-(

Oh Torres, that does sound problematic and super emotional. Hoping your cervix is exactly how you need it to b to stay out of hospital.
On the 'due Aug 2013' thread there has been a spate of losses. First of all I hate that anyone, so many women, inc. all ladies here have to go through this. :hugs: But selfishly I am so worried, so many women went for there scan to find their baby stopped growing. Argh, its so unfair, I'm so scared. Scan next Tue afternoon, will only be 10 1/2 weeks then too, so it's before the important 12 week mark for being less likely to mc. Sorry for the negativity, just loosing it at the moment.

Onebump - it's rational to e worried about your bub after reading about other ladies with losses due around the same time. But that's not going to happen to your baby. I would suggest that you stay away from that thread till after your u/s. It's not being insensitive, it's just protecting your emotions and stress levels.
Your baby is forever. Just remember that when you start to think otherwise. :hugs:

Torres - So sorry about the potential hospital rest. I really hope your cervix is a good length. I am on another thread where a girl is having issues with her cervix, they may put a stitch in for her - was that an option for you in case it is too short? I really hope it is nice and long. I sometimes get those shooting pains in my vag area (I like to call it lightening crotch!) and literally the pain right smack dab in the butt too. Not cool.

Onebump - Sorry you are so worried. I know how hard it is. Remain positive - you got a strong baby in there. You surpassed a major feat which is hearing the heartbeat - MC rates after hearing that go down to like 5% or lower. Keep your head up - but know that I completely understand. I spent almost all of 1st worried for nothing. Enjoy this special time!! I agree with Torres about taking a short break from that thread for a few weeks.

Snow - where's your update girl?! Fill us in!
I don't think the stitch would be an option, as they are normally put in before 24 weeks. I'm not 100% sure though. The stitch can cause complications though.

What do you girls think?
Use the tools to 'invert'.
I thought it was negative, and through it out. Then had a gut feeling and took it back out. Was just after 10 mins, but still wet. I think I'm 12dpo. I'm petrified that I'm imagining it.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test86940

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test86941

I see something! Please tell me you're getting a FRER for the morning!
Fx'd for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I see a little something there too Babyhopes. But I really don't trust blue dye test. Go get a FRER!!! LOVE the new avatar. Your pup is way too cute for words!

Torres - I'll do an update a little later. Hubby needs to use the computer for school. Promise.

Onebump: It's hard when you want the baby so bad. But, I agree baby is baking fine. Your risk goes down alot when HB has been heard. :hugs:

Babyhopes: THAT IS A BFP! I know it! Tilt the screen and the lines are obvious! Congrats! :)

Babyhope - I am so sorry about the stupid Evap. Hugs being sent your way!

My update. Hubby started painting the nursery. We are being boring and going with shades of blue but we are going to do an accent wall. I booked my plane ticket to go home to NY for the Baby Showers which will be the weekend of March 9th. So excited. We are going to do the registry on Jan. 19th and we have the hospital tour next week on the 17th. I had lots of growing pains last weekend and seem to popped a bit more now. And best news of all. I am 20 weeks today - halfway baked! 20 more to go!

BabyHopes: I'm gutted for you, also. I really thought those were positive. :hugs:

Snowflakes: Thats awesome! Have fun with baby showers and touring. And WOW! Happy 20 weeks! It's always a nice feeling to be half way. You'll be meeting your little boy in a few months. :wohoo:

So it's him, and not me. 3% normal morphology. Good motility and counts. They can't tell me if the previous m/c's were due to fertilization with the abnormal sperm, or if they were random genetic anomalies. So we have no way of knowing if we CAN get pregnant if a viable sperm gets there first, or if we're destined for continued M/C's. Dr's orders: there is no reason you can't keep trying. Great. Thanks for that Doc... I hope the Province of Ontario paid you well for that complex, in-depth analysis.

I asked what they could do for treatment, they gave DH a vitamin and said keep doing what you're doing. Well clearly that is NOT WORKING. She said IVF (even with ICSI, which I've read can help with male factor problems) is not an option, as we're not 'infertile' we just suffer from 'repeated miscarriage'. And even that, she said since 1 was suspected ectopic, that it's possible I've only had 1 m/c and I'd have to have more miscarriages for IVF to be an option. Like SERIOUSLY? Her advice was go home, have more miscarriages, come back later. I mean, come on. That's inhumane...

I really would have preferred that the problem be me, then I could at least hold myself accountable... I can't allow myself to be angry at him (tho sometimes that's the natural feeling, but I'm trying not to feel that way) cause that's not fair - he didn't choose this either. He has none of the lifestyle factors that could cause his problem... If he was a pot smoking alcoholic maybe I'd have a reason to hold him accountable. He's very healthy otherwise; t's just the way it is. And it f*ing sucks.

I'm totally dejected. I need to shift my thinking to 'maybe we'll never have kids', than if it happens it's a miracle, instead of having TTC dominate my every thought. My problem now, is where does that leave me? There is LITERALLY nothing I can do to make this better. And being a bit of a control freak, this is very stressing. It's truly, completely out of my hands.

Now, to force myself to look on the positive, that could mean that with only 1 m/c we're still technically "normal", with no increased risk of a second m/c when we try again. But, with only 3% of the swimmers 'normal' the odds of that seems unlikely. Yet, we've gotten pregnant twice, so who knows. I don't know if every fertilization with 'abnormal' sperm will result in m/c. I don't see any reason why a sperm with a wonky tail could still not technically successfully fertilize an egg, as long as the genetic material in it's head is perfect. I'm really not sure - I don't know if the morphology thing essentially means I can only get pregnant with 3% of his sperm... or that it'll just be harder. I wish I had the answers, and that my Dr. was more interested in answering them. In her defence, I was in such shock sitting there listening that I couldn't think of the right questions to ask. And I don't feel like she has any intention in seeing us again in the near future. So, off to Google to answer my questions.

What a shitty week...

Baby Hopes - So sorry to hear the news. Do you know if they use the Kruger Criteria or the WHO Criteria for Morphology? Hubby's SA used Kruger and he only had 4% normal. I was worried bc the sheet they gave us said that anything better than 5% was good and my hubby was below that. I talked to our RE about my concerns and she said that 4% is perfectly fine and we had nothing to worry about bc Hubby's count and motility were great and that is way more important. Kruger method is wayyyyy more strict on what is considered normal. Worth looking into at least. There is tons of info on the net about both methods. Chin up girl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->