Type 1 diabetes

I'm not quite sure tbh, my sugars last time after about 16 weeks were abit all over the place but tried my hardest. Think I will ask next time if it will happen again. Being diabetic and pregnant is never simple xx

So long as you and the bump are ok, it's so difficult, when people as me how I find being pregnant and diabetic I answer 'it's like walking a tightrope'

I was told my iron levels have dropped further, I have been on iron tablets for a month! Should I start eating raw steak and spinach every day?:shrug:

No good news :(. Baby is measuring at 38 weeks at 6lb 8oz!! Im only almost 33! They discussed pushing me for c section at 37 weeks. I am not happy. At all. On top if it i have excess amniotic fluid which is caused by baby peeing extra in the womb from higher blood sugars. I dont get it. My blood sugars were way worse with my daughter and she was wayyyyyy smaller! I cried. Im so ncomfortable. The positive thing is shes perfectly healthy though, just large! Im also looking like im full term from her being huge and my extra fluid!

The extra fluid is horrible. Hang in there. Esmae had the extra fluid and she was born at 36+6. She went to neonatal but is doing well now. Hope the fluid slows down sending hugs .
My wake up call was feeling sick :-( checked sugar and it was 4.6 so lucozade was needed. I'm still up now and really need to sleep xx

No good news :(. Baby is measuring at 38 weeks at 6lb 8oz!! Im only almost 33! They discussed pushing me for c section at 37 weeks. I am not happy. At all. On top if it i have excess amniotic fluid which is caused by baby peeing extra in the womb from higher blood sugars. I dont get it. My blood sugars were way worse with my daughter and she was wayyyyyy smaller! I cried. Im so ncomfortable. The positive thing is shes perfectly healthy though, just large! Im also looking like im full term from her being huge and my extra fluid!

So sorry you are going through this I remember after scans with DS I would just cry and wish I didn't know all the information! The extra fluid was horrible last time, hope that slows down for you x

Aren't second babies normally bigger anyway in general? An Nikki the scans can be off they told me to expect my dd to be 8lb plus an she was 7lb exactly x

Thanks! Did your waters break on their own at 36+6? Its painful!!!

I woke up with a sugarof 56! I hate that.

I heard 2nd babies are larger but a whole 4 weeks larger? Lol...

I've haven't woken up above 4 since Monday! I've reduced my rates but obviously they need to be decreased further. My waters broke on their on at 36+1 with my son he was huuuuge though at 9lb7.5oz!

I had the diabetic clinic today.. It went well in terms of my diabetes but the guy made me feel so stupid I don't know why he thought I was completely stupid but he even went into how insulin works?! I'm aware of how insulin works thank you! My hba1c was 7.9 so not perfect at all but the last two weeks my bloods have come right down so maybe it will be a bit lower next time. Feel a bit deflated after today but get to see LO on Wednesday so that will keep my spirits up. Hope everyone else is doing well x

I was wondering if anyone was needing less insulin in 2nd tri. I'm struggling to with quite a few drops xx

I was wondering if anyone was needing less insulin in 2nd tri. I'm struggling to with quite a few drops xx

I posted something similar almost as soon as tri 2 started, I freaked out as all of my basal rates had to be reduced.
Weirdly I also get the opposite of the dawn phenomenon, no matter what time I wake up, my blood sugar starts to drop. I eat breakfast, cereal and 1 x toast and I take no bolus. It's a bit weird but I'm keeping an eye on it. My nurse says it's happened to others before.

I havnt had to bolus for breakfast all week! I drop immediately if i do!

So had my doc aptmnt today, baby is doing well and reacting fine on the non stress test... Im a half cm dilated which is a change since thursday but nothing to be worried about. He said if im still dilating when he checks on thursday then he will give me a steroid shot to mature babies lungs. He said at this point if i went into labor on my own he wouldnt stop labor. If i make it to 37 weeks then i will have to have a scheduled c section no matter what because baby is just big and he wants us to be safe. He also told me he will give me anxiety meds to calm any fears i might have about the c section... Looks like 4 more weeks and baby will be here! Unless she deides to come on her own, but i doubt it.

I dont think they do them as often as here in the usa...its just where u lay on a chair, they wrap two monitors on your belly. One measures contractions and the other measures the babies heartrate. Whenever u feel baby move ur supposed to press a button, when u press the button it leaves a mark on the monitor to show when baby moves. They look at movement and heartrateto makesure the babies heartrate increases during movement. Thats all! They just dont want to see the babys heartrate go down during movement.

Oh I know what you mean it's called fetal monitoring over here I think. We only have it from 36 weeks if I remember right. However if your admitted to hospital they put it on you several times a day as I had ketones twice in my last pregnancy an I was put on it x

I had them last time . I hated it if my stomach went tight and was paranoid if I missed a movement xx

Hi ladies, we had the anomaly scan today, we are having a baby GIRL. The lady said everything was fine but I looked at my notes and baby measures on the 10th percentile for everything? Should I be worried? My son always was on the 50th percentile and 97th for belly! This baby is completely opposite and I don't see the doctor until a week Monday so a while to wait! Should I be worried or listen to the woman? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->