Type 1 diabetes

Eek I think I can feel baby move :) my belly went funny and when I put hand by Belly button I'm sure I can feel baby close to skin. I definitely know I'm pregnant lol.
Hope everyone's doing ok xxx

Aww no poor baby my dd had reflux but she was a projectile vomiter!! Poor thing would sit in her bouncer an sick would fly past her feet.

Does anyone know if the recovery is longer for 2nd or more sections?

Nikki sorry to ask but did they give u staples or stitches after your section?

Aww pink that's great I'm at the point now where I've had enough I go out an people think I'm ready to drop you should see there face when I say that I'm not due until may! I'm so uncomfortable can't wait to see what they say baby weighs on tues!! X

Can't believe it's been over 2 weeks already Nikki! :baby:
That's crazy! I also can't believe you're working!

It's my hubby's birthday next week, and I want to get him something for a new dad, but not just a 'love my daddy baby grow', does anyone have a suggestion? I was thinking a man style baby changing bag... With a side pocket for diabetic stuff for me?

That's a nice idea! I'm so rubbish with ideas. My OH is the type that would probably laugh if I bought something like that so he got me a pink lining bag :) plus he works a lot an baby will be with me all the time an when out he will carry mine anyway hahaha.
How about a 3d scan that you can both go to?
I'm wondering whether baby will arrive before or after my birthday now on April 1st lol scary thought u was prepared for mid April (38 weeks) they don't think I'll get to 36 weeks so we could share our birthday!! However hoping he's not an April fool lol x

My mum got me a pink lining bag too... I was thinking though, my OH may not use a man baby bag either. He's a mans man, so it could be a waste of money.
I might get him a cheap tool belt and fill it with baby stuff, like baby lotion, talc, nappies, thermometer, burp cloth etc. at least it will be funny and the stuff will get used, who knows he might use it when it's her turn to change her :thumbup:

Movements are definitely real but I'm worried for scan on Friday.
This sounds weird but with esmae I never felt kicks but full on movements and could feel where she was and this was because of the extra fluid. Well this time I'm also feeling big movements and baby is quite close to belly button and can feel baby close to the skin. I haven't got a big belly but so hoping there's no extra fluid xx

My inside stitches were regular dissolvable stitches and my actual c section scar had dissolvable stitches and glue to hold it together, u cant visibly see the stitches from the outside though! Its healed wonderfully ...my doc saw it yesterdat and even said he did a pretty awesome job lmao.

They placed steri-tape also to keep it glued shut but they are off now!

I had stitches that they took out and they were the most painful thing for the first 5 days until they took them out!

I had stitches that they took out and they were the most painful thing for the first 5 days until they took them out!

I had staples an taking them out was awful :( just a neighbour of mine was at the same hospital an she had stitches so just wasn't sure if it was the same everywhere x

I had staples an taking them out was awful :( just a neighbour of mine was at the same hospital an she had stitches so just wasn't sure if it was the same everywhere x

Has your scar been itchy since your bump has been getting bigger in the last week it's driving me mad and the area is bright red x

It has been itchy but I've only noticed it when I've had something irritating it (tights mainly) probably just stretching out x

I'm just back from the ante natal clinic.
Good news is my kidney function has returned to normal after it being called 'leaky' last time, my iron levels have dropped again, that has been a steady drop since is found out about bub. I'm getting closer and closer to an IV.

They measured my belly :blush:
Apparently it's normal at 19cm from knicker line to belly button?

I have the midwife tomorrow... Not sure what she'll do? And I have my cardiac scan next Wednesday. The mentioned also scanning next week to check the arteries that supply the baby at my scan? Anyone know what this is for?

Is that to check the blood flow between you an baby? I had one of them scans last week they checked blood flow an fluid levels an I have a growth scan tomorrow. Hoping all goes ok for you x

I'm just back from the ante natal clinic.
Good news is my kidney function has returned to normal after it being called 'leaky' last time, my iron levels have dropped again, that has been a steady drop since is found out about bub. I'm getting closer and closer to an IV.

They measured my belly :blush:
Apparently it's normal at 19cm from knicker line to belly button?

I have the midwife tomorrow... Not sure what she'll do? And I have my cardiac scan next Wednesday. The mentioned also scanning next week to check the arteries that supply the baby at my scan? Anyone know what this is for?
I had the cardiac scan for baby when I was 20+2 she just checked all of babies arteries and how the blood flowed in and out. Sorry I can't remember to explain in more detail it took about 5-10 minutes. Hope it all goes ok x

Yeah, I had anomaly scan at 18 wk and now the cardiac at 22 wk. fingers crossed all is ok. That also makes sense about the blood flow, I've been on a low dose of aspirin since the start to keep a good flow from me to the baby, I think all diabetics in my area get that though.

They've asked me to stop taking folic acid now... Which I'm weirdly anxious about? I know it's usually only used the first 3 months, but I thought type 1's took it longer?

Ouch staples! The thought of them makes me cringe! :/

I had a cardiac scan on baby at 20 weeks as well, all was good!

Oh the new uk series is on an I can't help but cringe when I see what we should go through (I haven't even been in labour) lol I'm opting for the easy way out again I'm not sure I would be able to tolerate my partner when I'm in that much pain lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->