U.S 3rd tri mommies!

hey guys, i'm in florida.
how is pregnancy going? i'm 28 weeks, close to 29... heartburn and weight gain getting me down...belly is starting to get in the way and i wake up way too often to pee. other than that i'm having a good pregnancy and i know that i should be grateful. we're having a little girl, been looking for inexpensive crib sets. do such a thing exist?

i know babies r us was running a 20% off all bedding sale not too long ago. (this is when i got mine) i think i have another 20% off any item coupon too some where around here if it would help, i could send it your way! i have seen some really cute stuff at target too. if anything you just need a mattress pad and cute sheet then you could decorate however you wanted. if you are anything like me, i just needed to buy a set. silly i know, but i HAD to. my oh has been great and picked it out with me. we have a forest animal theme. he is not into sports at all and cars and trucks is something you have no choice of buying once they get to 2-3 and that's all they talk about so we went with animals! plus i just really wanted a tree behind the crib. funny thing is, we bought it, and it's still in the package. maybe today i will get those decals up. :haha:

Well I am not from the US but I have been to Texas and was shopping in the states last weekend for baby stuff. Does that count? :winkwink:

So far pregnancy has been going great. It took a bit to get pregnant due to complications with my husbands health but all is well and have had no scares or anything. I think I have had a completely normal pregnancy. We are currently doing our baby classes and those have been fun even though the husband tweaks whenever the prop placenta is pulled out. Inam looking forward to the next few weeks and counting down till my little man arrives.

ahh you can join :) canada is sort of like the US! lol.
ooh i haven't done any classes yet. i keep forgetting to sign up. hehe. baby brain has hit me terribly bad!! i'm definitely counting down till my little man is here! it seems like it's going by soo fast! i can't even remember what it was like without a belly haha.

I didn't take any classes with my first. I didn't even try to, lol. I just winged it I guess. But classes like that make me uncomfortable to be honest. I would like to take a breastfeeding class though, just to see how it all works as I have considered breastfeeding this baby, or atleast trying.

that elephant set is precious and i have never seen anything like it. do you think it was special made???

i never did any classes either. and i managed just fine. it all comes naturally and trust me, they tell you when to push, when to pause, and when to do it again. you want to tell hem why don't they push for you as much as they say it. LOL

i need to figure out how to do multiple quotes bc i want to reply to so many of these posts i don't want to flood the thread. :wacko:

I didn't take any classes with my first. I didn't even try to, lol. I just winged it I guess. But classes like that make me uncomfortable to be honest. I would like to take a breastfeeding class though, just to see how it all works as I have considered breastfeeding this baby, or atleast trying.

This is our first and even though I have been around lots of babies and talked to people who have given birth husband hasn't and needs to be exposed to this stuff. Our class is being taught by a doula with over 20 years experience so it is lots of good information. She even does a whole class on breastfeeding. I definitely recommend taking a class. We have learned lots.

i think doulas are so interesting!! i really should have attended some classes before my 1st. i was only 18 and seriously had NO clue what i was going into. i did watch "a baby story" on the learning channel everyday back then though so i had an idea. LOL

haha no worries! you don't have to worry about flooding the thread! i do it all the time lol. anywho, me and OH were going to do a jungle animal theme but he INSISTED on sports. so now we're doing sports. you would not believe how many sports clothes we have for this kid! lol. it's like all he'll be wearing. i'm gonna take a class but only cause it'll give me something to do besides sit at home all day bored!

how is pregnancy going? i'm 28 weeks, close to 29... heartburn and weight gain getting me down...belly is starting to get in the way and i wake up way too often to pee. other than that i'm having a good pregnancy and i know that i should be grateful. we're having a little girl, been looking for inexpensive crib sets. do such a thing exist?

i know babies r us was running a 20% off all bedding sale not too long ago. (this is when i got mine) i think i have another 20% off any item coupon too some where around here if it would help, i could send it your way! i have seen some really cute stuff at target too. if anything you just need a mattress pad and cute sheet then you could decorate however you wanted. if you are anything like me, i just needed to buy a set. silly i know, but i HAD to. my oh has been great and picked it out with me. we have a forest animal theme. he is not into sports at all and cars and trucks is something you have no choice of buying once they get to 2-3 and that's all they talk about so we went with animals! plus i just really wanted a tree behind the crib. funny thing is, we bought it, and it's still in the package. maybe today i will get those decals up. :haha:

We went with a sweet lambie theme from Pottery barn for our little girl. One of the things I learned reading the Baby Bargin book (BEST BOOK EVER) is that you don't need a whole bedding set. They tell you to forget the bumper as they aren't very safe (so I did), forget the quilt (I got it to use as a throw while nursing in her chair), and that all you really need are the sheets. So I just got the crib sheets and quilt. Then I just took the lambie theme further by adding lamb stuffed animals and pictures etc.

i haven't even started to set up the nursery :( OH won't let me buy or do anything until after the baby shower. urgh. so all we have is a plain crib with a blue sheet and a plain changing table full of clothes and such. but nothing else!! i wanna decorate soo badly!!

Hi Ladies. I'm in PA. I've had a pretty routine pregnancy. I do have GD, but I've been able to control it pretty easily with diet monitoring. I'm 35 weeks now and just ready to be done...although I am terrified of labor.

Someone mentioned trying to find an inexpensive crib. I think I've done it. We got it at babies r us with the matching changing table. I had a perfectly good dresser that just ended up being the wrong color wood. So I painted that white and put crystal knobs on it. It ended up having a very high end look. I ended up choosing the crib after reading the latest Baby Bargins book. It was one of their recommendations.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535411&fromRegistryNumber=45240745&product_skn=829369

ahhh i thought they were talking about crib bedding. :dohh: oops!! this is the exact crib i was going to get! they have a package deal on walmart.com for it too where you can get a changing table and small chest i believe and it was only $300. in the end my oh, surprised me and purchased a crib that cost $300 on it's on. it was very sweet of him. but guess what?? i can't afford ANY of the other furniture to go with it. go figure. the bed does convert too to a full size bed but so does the one you got. i was almost a little upset when he did buy the expensive one because that's all we managed to get but of course he was trying to do something wonderful and it really was. i love your choice though!

We went with a sweet lambie theme from Pottery barn for our little girl. One of the things I learned reading the Baby Bargin book (BEST BOOK EVER) is that you don't need a whole bedding set. They tell you to forget the bumper as they aren't very safe (so I did), forget the quilt (I got it to use as a throw while nursing in her chair), and that all you really need are the sheets. So I just got the crib sheets and quilt. Then I just took the lambie theme further by adding lamb stuffed animals and pictures etc.

i just saw this the other day and i LOVE it!! i love the patch work owl stuffed animals they have on there too. made me want a girl lol i think i need a copy of this book. i have done so well with not over spending this time around. but still. i want the book!

haha no worries! you don't have to worry about flooding the thread! i do it all the time lol. anywho, me and OH were going to do a jungle animal theme but he INSISTED on sports. so now we're doing sports. you would not believe how many sports clothes we have for this kid! lol. it's like all he'll be wearing. i'm gonna take a class but only cause it'll give me something to do besides sit at home all day bored!

i think our oh's are complete opposite! he was like NO sports. :haha: i wouldn't mind either way. i do really like our forest animals though. it's different but not too different. of course since getting it, i keep seeing other things that are to die for.

oh, i wanted to say HIIII to all of the other US mommies!!!! looks like it is going to be hard to keep up on this thread!!! if someone can tell me how to quote more than one post a time i would respond to everybody!!!!

i think our oh's are complete opposite! he was like NO sports. :haha: i wouldn't mind either way. i do really like our forest animals though. it's different but not too different. of course since getting it, i keep seeing other things that are to die for.

everyone i know is doing jungle animals or has already done them. i have a mixture of the 2 haha. my bouncy seat is jungle themed and the swing and jumperoo i want are both jungle. hehe.

Bwaha. Sneaky posting from work. We are doing a car theme. Husband loves cars and the whole room is coming together really nice. I will post pics on Sunday eve when the change table is up.

Now to get back to work. Hehe

Hey ladies, I reside in Florida. I have a lot more preparation to do. But with working a full time job, going to school full time, and taking care of a home, husband, and toddler, I have no energy lol. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck!

oh, i wanted to say HIIII to all of the other US mommies!!!! looks like it is going to be hard to keep up on this thread!!! if someone can tell me how to quote more than one post a time i would respond to everybody!!!!

Next to the quote sign there is a +, you click the plus on all the quotes you want in your post, then when you get to your last quote you want you click quote and they will all be in there for ya. Hope I explained that well enough ...:thumbup:

Thanks for starting this thread! I too wonder why there arn't more US ladies on here! This site is AMAAAZZZIINNNGGG! :friends:

My name is Stephanie. Originally from Pennsylvania (near Penn State) but DH and i moved to New Hampshire in May. (he took a job offer with Liberty Mutual). Anyways, my pregnancy is going wonderful and we are expecting our little bundle of joy any day now! :cloud9:

Nosing in from the baby club to say "Hi" to all the US moms :wave:

US Mommies....anyone have a good brand of raspberry tea? I'm looking to invest in quite a lot to get this girl moving sometime soon.....

I just had my LO last month and I'm in Ohio! Can I be here too!? lol I can't leave third tri here!! I love it here!

Thanks for starting this thread! I too wonder why there arn't more US ladies on here! This site is AMAAAZZZIINNNGGG! :friends:

My name is Stephanie. Originally from Pennsylvania (near Penn State) but DH and i moved to New Hampshire in May. (he took a job offer with Liberty Mutual). Anyways, my pregnancy is going wonderful and we are expecting our little bundle of joy any day now! :cloud9:

hi Stephanie! welcome :) i agree. i looove this site! i would be lost without it. awh what are you going to name your LO? excuse me if it's already in your signature lol. i didn't think to look! :blush:

Nosing in from the baby club to say "Hi" to all the US moms :wave:

ahh your LO is sooo cute!! omg! :)

Hey ladies, I reside in Florida. I have a lot more preparation to do. But with working a full time job, going to school full time, and taking care of a home, husband, and toddler, I have no energy lol. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck!

ooh i feel for you! soon i'll be the same way though. just less pregnant! i hope to return to school once this LO is at least 6 months or so. I don't do anything and have no energy. i can just imagine how you feel!! lol

US Mommies....anyone have a good brand of raspberry tea? I'm looking to invest in quite a lot to get this girl moving sometime soon.....
ahh good question. i need to know this too for when i start drinking it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->