U.S 3rd tri mommies!

My 31 week bump
https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie%20Stash/S6301441.jpg

Not much going on here, trying to keep cool with 115 degree heat index and 90% humidity.

Just started working on the nursery this week, cleared out the room, 2 gallons of primer which took 14 hours, got the ceiling and half the walls painted one color and will do a second coat of that tomorrow. Then I can start on the bottom half, that will take 2 days, then it's trim work, put the blinds back up and then look for spots that need touching up.

Have 40 days to go yet!

MommyMichele; awh your bump is sooo adorable!! :) i love it. i miss my tiny little body haha.
agh, i'm so jealous. i haven't started doing ANYTHING on the nursery yet! i'm such a bad mommy lol. but my MIL is with us at the moment and she uses that room. so we can't really do anything with it :/ but i wanna decorate soooo badly!!

MommyMichele; awh your bump is sooo adorable!! :) i love it. i miss my tiny little body haha.
agh, i'm so jealous. i haven't started doing ANYTHING on the nursery yet! i'm such a bad mommy lol. but my MIL is with us at the moment and she uses that room. so we can't really do anything with it :/ but i wanna decorate soooo badly!!

lol I'm only painting it, it was pink, and DH wanted to at least change that. Charlie won't really be in that room till March more than likely anyway. C-section and breastfeeding means he's going to be in my room for awhile. MIL on the other hand will be staying in Charlie's room while she's here.

I can kinda help you out a little. Do you have a plan? A theme? a budget? a time line? Those I think are things you need to sort out before you attack the room, but I completely understand about wanting to get it done. :hugs:

lol I'm only painting it, it was pink, and DH wanted to at least change that. Charlie won't really be in that room till March more than likely anyway. C-section and breastfeeding means he's going to be in my room for awhile. MIL on the other hand will be staying in Charlie's room while she's here.

I can kinda help you out a little. Do you have a plan? A theme? a budget? a time line? Those I think are things you need to sort out before you attack the room, but I completely understand about wanting to get it done. :hugs:

well we are doing his theme in sports. but we live in an apt so we can't paint :( i just wanted to decorate it really nicely with all the decals and such. i see all these amazing nurseries and pffft mine is crap! lol. the girl that gave us our changing table and crib said we could paint them though, so i may paint em! they are a wood color but they don't match lol

well we are doing his theme in sports. but we live in an apt so we can't paint :( i just wanted to decorate it really nicely with all the decals and such. i see all these amazing nurseries and pffft mine is crap! lol. the girl that gave us our changing table and crib said we could paint them though, so i may paint em! they are a wood color but they don't match lol

Have you checked like fathead.com (i think it is) for the decals? You know the place, they have the giant wall stickers of sports pros and all that. How long is your MIL going to be staying in there?

[/QUOTE]
hi welcome! i'm good. a little sad cause i have to get rid of my puppy :( he won't potty train no matter what we do, and i can't have my little man around a dirty carpet!! so we gotta steam clean them and get rid of my terrier!
[/QUOTE]

ohh noo! thats so sad!! ive been having puppy problems too! we didnt get ours fixed in time and shes in heat and getting the carpets all bloody!! i had to go buy diapers but they just fall right off!! guess its our fault for not gettingher fixed sooner but with me semi nesting its making me crazy!!!

Anyone else cant sleep?? ive been up since 1:30am and its 3:30 now....im soo lame :(

I was up till 1 am with some minor contractions, nothing to worry about. Went and layed down and they stopped. I think Charlie was telling me to go to bed and take it easy but I did absolutely nothing yesterday. The weather could have had something to do with it too.

Awww what a great thread! It's nice to hear from US mommies (I still have no idea what a stone and a pram is lol...and isn't it water?...everyone on here says waters, like there's more than one bag...haha lol too cute)! I was starting to think I was the only one from US on here. I'm almost 37 weeks, having a girl (have 2 boys already) so yay! I'm from Minnesota and yes it is HOT here too, but I feel for you southern girls...yikes the heat!

Yes, stone, pram, waters? Not knocking any of that terminology, I like to broaden my vocabulary...Tee-hee!

But I'm dying to know what is a "poppet?" I'm afraid to ask the UK ladies:blush:

And I know some people don't think of Alaska being part of the US, but its very much like the lower 48, except for 24 straight hours of sun light (or close to it) in the summer, cost of living is HIGH, short summers, long winters and twice the shipping costs when you order anything off the internet or catalog! :hissy:

But we have plenty of Walmarts, McDonald's, Target, Taco Bell you name it.
Its a beautiful state really, but if you blink, you may miss summer!:haha:

Awww what a great thread! It's nice to hear from US mommies (I still have no idea what a stone and a pram is lol...and isn't it water?...everyone on here says waters, like there's more than one bag...haha lol too cute)! I was starting to think I was the only one from US on here. I'm almost 37 weeks, having a girl (have 2 boys already) so yay! I'm from Minnesota and yes it is HOT here too, but I feel for you southern girls...yikes the heat!

Yes, stone, pram, waters? Not knocking any of that terminology, I like to broaden my vocabulary...Tee-hee!

But I'm dying to know what is a "poppet?" I'm afraid to ask the UK ladies:blush:

And I know some people don't think of Alaska being part of the US, but its very much like the lower 48, except for 24 straight hours of sun light (or close to it) in the summer, cost of living is HIGH, short summers, long winters and twice the shipping costs when you order anything off the internet or catalog! :hissy:

But we have plenty of Walmarts, McDonald's, Target, Taco Bell you name it.
Its a beautiful state really, but if you blink, you may miss summer!:haha:

my twin brother lives in alaska :) he just had a little boy, omg he has the most beautiful skin i've ever seen!! i looove alaskans skin lol. but i know how it is over there because of him. i think he lives in anchorage? i'm not too sure. hehe. ooh i want some taco bell right now. that sounds soo yummy. pfft i would give anything to miss this summer!! mostly cause i'm big and hot haha.

I was up till 1 am with some minor contractions, nothing to worry about. Went and layed down and they stopped. I think Charlie was telling me to go to bed and take it easy but I did absolutely nothing yesterday. The weather could have had something to do with it too.

oh dear you be careful!! :) unless of course you want to go into labor. i can't remember for the life of me how far along you are. teehee. i think i'm going to be one of those girls that doesn't realize she is having contractions...i don't even think i've felt a BH yet! :blush:

I just found this thread! It's great to be able to see all the other US mommies and mommies-to-be! :)

My name is Meagan, I'm 24 years old, and I'm currently 38 weeks 5 days pregnant with my second son. I live in Maryland with my husband and very energetic 2 year old named Luke. I'm hoping for a VBAC this time around, since Luke was born via c-section due to being breech. I do have a repeat c-section scheduled for August 31st though, in case LO decides to be stubborn like his brother. Hopefully, he wants to come on his own before that though. :)

We don't really have much to do around here anymore. Just sit around and wait for bubs to hurry and come already! I was having preterm contractions from about 20 weeks on with this pregnancy. But of course, they stopped about 3 weeks ago. Just my luck! Lol...

I hope everyone is doing great, and I can't wait to keep up with this thread and see lots of bumps grow, and babies being born! :)

i think i'm going to be one of those girls that doesn't realize she is having contractions...i don't even think i've felt a BH yet! :blush:

Don't worry... You'll know!! I didn't have any BH with my first son. In fact, I ended up having a scheduled c-section with him, and never experienced one contraction during the entire pregnancy, and delivery.

This time around, I knew the SECOND I was having a contraction. I was hooked up to the monitor at the doctors office when I was feeling them, and sure enough they confirmed they were preterm contractions. No question in your mind, you'll know a contraction when you feel it the first time!

Hi! welcome to our thread :) ahh i hope i don't have any at all. haha. i'm scheduled to be induced Oct 28th. i'll be 39 weeks exactly. but it was voluntary. i wanted to make sure my OH was here for the birth since he works away from home for a week at a time. I get bored alot too. nothing to do. since it's my first i don't even have another little one to run after! lol. i should start decorating the nursery but i haven't yet cause my OH won't allow me to buy anything for it yet. :( i'm getting pretty anxious!!

HI everyone! Im not quite in 3 tri yet, but ready to say hi, Im from the US as well. Currently in Fargo. Butterfly Im originally from MN, Duluth!

Hi! you're still welcome here. regardless of when you are due :) how is your pregnancy going?

Amanda you're right. A pram is a stroller and a stone is 14 lbs.

well i got a few right! :thumbup:

i woke up about 5 am with some major braxton hicks. i was close to worrying because they were not letting up. then they calm down right before i had to be up and i am all sleepy again. figures! so i layed back down around 10 and just woke up. now it's time to get ready for work and run my butt off. i'm dreading it but once i get there i get into the swing of things and it's ok. hopefully the big tippers are out tonight!! :haha:

i hope everyone else is having a good friday the 13th! it's just another day to me but i know frightens some people. welcome to all the other US mommies! :hugs: i'll have to do another bump pic today as i am 30 wks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll post mine up too. i want to see nurseries!!! if anyone wants to share?? or even your favorite baby buys. i know our stuff differs a good bit in style and furniture and bedding sets and what not. i would be happy to share too if anyone wants to see. i love seeing what everyone else is doing!

Anyone who is looking for an inexpensive crib and still needs a changing table and/or dresser, I'd recommend this.

Nursery 101 - Baby's Room Deluxe Furniture Set, Classic Cherry

I got this set for my last son. It's now been used for over two years and still going strong. It isn't the most high end set, but it definitely gets the job done. The price has gone up though. It was only $199 when I got it. :( But, $240 is still a really good price for the whole set. I liked it because it was cherry wood and we really didn't have a lot of money to spend on everything.

They also have these sets as well:

BSF Baby - 3 pc Sleigh 4-in-1 Crib, Changing Table and Clothing Organizer Set, Cherry - $250

Europa Baby - Geneva 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Changer and Bonus Mattress Bundle, Cherry - $184

Lauren 4-in-1 Convertible Classic Fixed-Side Crib, Classic Cherry - $135

Hope this helps someone who is in need of an inexpensive nursery set. :)

I wish i had pictures of my nursery and stuff! :( dang it. lol. i posted my bump pic a coupel pages back. with one from when i was really little. BIG difference!! lol. i can't wait to see other peoples things though. i looove seeing everyone elses stuff. i get excited. i'll have to take some pictures of some of my favorite little outfits! :)

Pregancy is going ok, as of now. Been very comfortable with being damp from discharge all the time, but not much I can do about that. Im anxiously waiting to get the babies room cleaned out, painted and set up. But that wont be till about mid September when it starts to cool down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->