Uhh creepy! *New Story 11/9 first post

*i've been woken up in the night a few times by what feels like somebody or something sitting/leaning on my chest making it hard for me to move or breath. haven't been able to find a reason or explanation as to why its happened.

Its possible that is sleep paralysis. Basically when we dream, most people's brains disconnect from the muscles essentially so we don't act out our dreams (sleepwalkers obviously have issues in this area). Sometimes we wake up before our brain reconnects/switches on etc so we lose feeling or control in part or all of our body.
Not trying to burst anyone's bubble but you said you couldn't find any explanation as to why it has happened. :flower:

*i've been woken up in the night a few times by what feels like somebody or something sitting/leaning on my chest making it hard for me to move or breath. haven't been able to find a reason or explanation as to why its happened.

Its possible that is sleep paralysis. Basically when we dream, most people's brains disconnect from the muscles essentially so we don't act out our dreams (sleepwalkers obviously have issues in this area). Sometimes we wake up before our brain reconnects/switches on etc so we lose feeling or control in part or all of our body.
Not trying to burst anyone's bubble but you said you couldn't find any explanation as to why it has happened. :flower:

This is a possibility. Sleep paralysis, I think, is often the cause for some peoples "ghost sitting on their chest" encounters. Scientific cause behind this one I'm afraid. :thumbup: Had it myself and it is very scary but nothing paranormal I'm afraid.

arghhhh why do i keep reading this?!

i work in a nursing home where obviously lots of people have died!! it used to be a childrens hospital and we have a girl ghost who the residents have seen!! im working tonight im gonna crap myself after reading this!!!! x

I used to work in a nursing home to that was many things before it was a home, I seen ghosts in there to, children manly. It was a school once and hotel. freaky place.

Absolutely loving this thread ... nothing scary has happened to me. I adore this stuff but I don't think i could cope with it first hand.

But I do I have a story for you :)
My auntys friend (lets call her tina) was at a family party thing and were have a group photo. But Tina's daughter started to cry and walking away (she's only about 4) anyway, after the picture tina asked her what the matter was and she says 'she said I have to go away' tina didn't know what she was talking about, so kinda dismissed it. But then look back at the picture you can very clearly see a girls face in between someones legs!!
Proper creeped me out, cos I was told on halloween, but i swear you can totally see a girl, just looks like someone is hiding there.... Oh I scared myself now lol

I found that picture online -soooo scary via this website - https://www.scienceofghosts.com/ a lot of people saying its a fake.

Attachments

• spooky.jpg
    spooky.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 77
dont know about that pic seen it around a lot. But this site is interested the priest pic is weird. I have to have a good look about here.

Reedy that picture is freaaaaaaky! The poor little one walking away crying, from the story you told to seeing the picture proves to me its not a fake! x

Reedy that picture is freaaaaaaky! The poor little one walking away crying, from the story you told to seeing the picture proves to me its not a fake! x

It wasnt my story, someone on here posted it I just happened to come across the pic when I was looking at ghosty pics & remembered hearing the story on here x

My thread got moved to general chatter :) I am trying to think of a new thread name!!

those pictures are creeping me out!

My thread got moved to general chatter :) I am trying to think of a new thread name!!

I know i noticed that too!! Hmmm, a name? Sorry can't think of one off the top of my head. Sorry i never emailed my question the other night, but OH wanted some "alone" time.... LOL!!

How are you?

I've just come across this thread and wanted to share a few things that have happened to me. Hope you girls don't mind. This was in my old house that I moved out of a couple of months ago. (Not because these things happened btw)

When I first found out I was pregnant me and my OH noticed strange things happening around our house. A few weeks ago I had a physic reading done and I think it explains things now. (You can all tell me what you think though) The woman told me she saw a spirit around me either my father (who died in 2001) but I don't think it was him or my grandfather who died before I was born. She said he wore a blue uniform. (He was a Sargent in the RAF) and that they wanted to get my attention. Anyways I'll write what's been happening and you can see whether you guys think it's coincidence or not.

Firstly I noticed that windows would be open after I had shut them. Like I'd go back into the room and they'd be open again. They aren't easy windows to do either - you have to click a button and twist the handle.

We also had a cupboard in the bathroom that had a little hook lock on. I used to keep the washing in there and I kept the door shut because I have OCD with things like that lol. Anyways I started noticing that it was open and the lock was off. It was weird because there would be a little gap, and it felt like someone was watching you from it.

We also live with my friend and one night she went to stay over at her parents. Me and OH always turn every light off at night. When my friend went out she left her curtains shut, light off and door closed. Me and OH never go in there, as we have no reason to. So when we went to bed everything was off and her light was off. Anyways, I woke up a few hours later for a wee and went out onto the landing (it was dark) and I could see the light on in her room through a crack in the door. No one had been in there?

When my boobs started to get bigger (from pregnancy) I went and bought a new bra. It was the only one that fitted me nice. Anyways I went to bath and I left in on my bed to wear. When I came back it wasn't there anymore. I had OH search high and low for it but couldn't find it. I ended up putting another one on that was a bit small and just thought I'd misplaced it. A couple of days later I went out onto the landing and it was lying on the floor. I picked it up and my friend saw me throw it into my bedroom, as I was confused how it got there. Then I went into my friends room and you can see my room from hers. I was sat on the floor talking to her and she said "Didn't you just throw that bra in your room?" I was like "Yes" and I turned round and it was hanging off the door knob. I can't explain that one at all.

Another time my OH was cooking something for me (think it was noodles) and he was cooking it on the back ring on the cooker. He then turned around and shouted at me for something (just joking) and one of the front rings turned on and almost burnt his hand! I asked me OH did he lean on it. - He would of had to lean on the knob and twist it, and then press the ignition button at the same time. You have to keep it pressed in for a few seconds too, so I really don't think it's possible.

One day I went in to my kitchen and I noticed the bread was on the kitchen side. I keep it on the toaster and I guessed it had just fell off. So I put it back on. This must of happened about 4 times through the morning. I then said to "stop it" (as you do lol) and it never happened again :haha:

Lastly, when I first found out I was pregnant I went and bought a few little bits of baby clothes. I left them on the floor at the end of my bed in a carrier bag. I was taking a nap and I could just hear this rustling, and I couldn't make it out at first. I then noticed it was the bag so I sat up and it stopped. When I lied back down it carried on. My Mum told me that she thinks it was my grandfather, as he always wanted a little girl. He lost his and had 3 sons. It's really strange because I am having a girl too!

Don't know what you girls. I have found things moved, but don't know whether that's just me forgetting where I put them. But I do think somethings are unexplainable. I know they aren't really creepy, but still weird :flower:

Sorry it's so long btw! :haha:

Oh, I just remember something from when I was about 12. I was staying over at my Aunty's house. I didn't wanna stay in the room as I just felt really uneasy over it. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and the room was just spinning. I felt like I was almost pinned to the bed. It was really terrifying and when it stopped I was just covered in sweat. After that I wouldn't sleep in that room and had to stay in her tiny box room lol. A few years later when I was old enough she told me that before she moved in a little girl had fell out of the window, and had died. She did have really low windows that opened really far, so it's not surprising. That's honestly something I would not like to experience again!

Amber ..good stories!! I talk too if I get nervous or irritated. (I dunno if u were talking to me or not) but.I say "its time to be quiet please, its bedtime" lol

Amber ..good stories!! I talk too if I get nervous or irritated. (I dunno if u were talking to me or not) but.I say "its time to be quiet please, its bedtime" lol

I do it when I'm nervous :haha: I try to make a joke of things and used to say "Hi George" and "Goodnight George" (Name of my grandfather) It kind of made me relax because thinking of my house being haunted was scary! lol.

Love this thread :thumbup:

I have had a couple of things happen to me but nothing really all that spooky, but my sister is a magnet for that kind of stuff I swear...my grandma (my mum's mum) has had some spooky incidents too.

I'm at work at the mo but I will post them a little later (I will have to get my sister to tell me some more, her stories are really interesting!)

Oooooh I love this kind of stuff! I have some crazy stories also I might have to share!

I remember at 8-9yrs old I told dad I thought o could talk to ghosts because I keep talking to myself in my head lol still do it now :-/ I do dream stuff before it happens slot though :-/

The investigation team has 1 more hour of audio to pick through!! yayyy!!! almost done!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->