Uhh creepy! *New Story 11/9 first post

Right outside my back door is the garden and they dug up a lot of bushes and I found loads of stuff but the digger broke it all, was loads of pottery, ink bottles, all sorts of plates and some sheeps teeth. I am sure theres loads more there as its all sticking up. They will have to dig it up right before summer as I assume there will be grass put there. Theres a ruin at the back door to which was the old ice houses and smoke sheds, had to collapse roof in one as it was dangerous and bricks where falling off but have loads of pics of that. Also cat likes to go in the rest of them which are super spooky and I wont even go in them. Theres a few other castles on the ground, one dosnt belong to here was sold off yeas ago and maintained by council and the other is hidden in the Forrest which I walk up to, thats a creepy place that was the hunting house where people from here would stay where hunting for food in Forrest. Theres a lot of old furniture I have some of it here as its just lying about . Theres an old derelict farm with old crap stored to some very nice things. And upstairs above me which is also unlived in has loads of paintings stored and old stuff. You could rummage around all day, well I could anyway. There s massive part of this place not even lived in, 3 flats are empty. This part i am in was the main house then when the bigger bit was built servants lived here. Then soldiers during the war. There was 2000 soldiers here at one time living during ww2 I found plates , broken with the navy stamp on them, bryle cream jars from 30s and bullet shells.

That is SO amazing! Yes, I saw the pic of the old hunting lodge and yes it was creepy, but really extraordinary too. I too, could just spend hours digging around your place, you are so lucky! How long have you lived there?

EDIT: I apologize if I'm being too noisey...

134.jpg

My part is about 450 years old or more the big main part which is only nearly 200 years old which is where my landlord lives and his fam so i cant share pics of that part as its private home. Also remember when I was on my way out I opened the door to the hall and both william and I heard someone come in even william said "whos that coming in" and no one was there. Was a freaky night. I know William has seen ghosts in our flat and I have heard rummaging in my kitchen and the cat wasnt even in to do it.
I can see my bedroom, livingroom and front door in that pic, https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6185/6093040745_0acf68cc61_m.jpg
Narrow Water Castle by Dragonfly Castle, on Flickr

wow thats gorgeous!! you are so lucky :flower: (well apart from the ghosts :haha:) did you say the other flats are empty? you might have a new neighbour :rofl:

You may not last in the other flats no one does seem to last in them. One upstairs has been vacant for many years its unlivable and one beside it is defo haunted as sometimes friends of family would stay there and they hear people moving about in next room and no one is up there but them. At the mo no one is over that end and I sometimes hear a door slam but nothing like it used to be, used to be walking about and talking but nothing now this long time. Theres nothing bad here I have walked around in the dark and felt fine. I lived in scarier places. I like old buildings , thick walls, holds the heat. Theres a lot of names , the people that built this town lived here this was the first house here apart from that castle at the end of the drive way which is even older.

You may not last in the other flats no one does seem to last in them. One upstairs has been vacant for many years its unlivable and one beside it is defo haunted as sometimes friends of family would stay there and they hear people moving about in next room and no one is up there but them. At the mo no one is over that end and I sometimes hear a door slam but nothing like it used to be, used to be walking about and talking but nothing now this long time. Theres nothing bad here I have walked around in the dark and felt fine. I lived in scarier places. I like old buildings , thick walls, holds the heat. Theres a lot of names , the people that built this town lived here this was the first house here apart from that castle at the end of the drive way which is even older.

It is really beautiful. I looked up the history on the Estate and "WOW," I found alot of links with a bunch of info, very interesting.. Very cool place to live! Love it!

Theres not that much history on the net about it, always owned by same family thats it really.

Theres not that much history on the net about it, always owned by same family thats it really.

Really I found alot of links. It spoke about the soliders staying in the castle and camping outside of it in 1939. And this was just a bit I found on Wikiped.

There has been a keep on this site since 1212. It was originally built to prevent attacks on Newry via the river by Hugh de Lacy, first Earl of Ulster, as part of the Norman fortifications built in the area. The original was destroyed in the 1641 Rebellion.

Built for military purposes during the 1560s, Narrow Water Castle is a typical example of the tower houses erected throughout Ireland from the 14th until the early 17th century. This form of building, normally rectangular in plan and three or more storeys high, comprised a series of superimposed chambers, with stairs, closets and latrines skillfully contrived within the walls (which are 1.5metres or five feet thick in places) or sometimes contained in projecting angle turrets.

Nowadays, cruises past the castle are a regular feature throughout the summer months

I'm guessing the the original gentleman was related to the Halls. Anyway, you would know more then me, I was just curious and skimming thru stuff.

I have just read the WHOLE thread! And oh my god, some of these stories have given me serious goosebumps!!

Nothing much happens in this house anymore, well not that i've noticed anyway.

We used to hear what sounded like someone walking around upstairs. It'd go from the front bedroom to the bathroom.

One of my cats was in the livingroom with me one day and strolled into the kitchen and suddenly stopped by the table, then shot back into the livingroom and into the window with a big thud! Poor thing. No idea why.

Really I found alot of links. It spoke about the soliders staying in the castle and camping outside of it in 1939. And this was just a bit I found on Wikiped.

There has been a keep on this site since 1212. It was originally built to prevent attacks on Newry via the river by Hugh de Lacy, first Earl of Ulster, as part of the Norman fortifications built in the area. The original was destroyed in the 1641 Rebellion.

Built for military purposes during the 1560s, Narrow Water Castle is a typical example of the tower houses erected throughout Ireland from the 14th until the early 17th century. This form of building, normally rectangular in plan and three or more storeys high, comprised a series of superimposed chambers, with stairs, closets and latrines skillfully contrived within the walls (which are 1.5metres or five feet thick in places) or sometimes contained in projecting angle turrets.

Nowadays, cruises past the castle are a regular feature throughout the summer months

I'm guessing the the original gentleman was related to the Halls. Anyway, you would know more then me, I was just curious and skimming thru stuff.
Yeah thats not my house lol thats just the castle at the end of the drive way thats now owned by the council its all you mostly find when looking for info.
Home of the Hall family who have lived at Narrow Water since 1670, originally in the Old Narrow Water Keep situated on the shoreline of Carlingford Lough which is now a national monument. In 1816 construction began on the new Castle by Thomas Duff, a well known Newry architect who also designed the Cathedrals in Newry, Armagh and Dundalk. The Elizabethan revival style castle made from local granite and built next to the existing house, Mount Hall (1680) was completed in 1836. Many of the fine features of the interior of the castle, for example the library fireplace, and much of the furniture and panelling were carved by a firm called Curran & Sons from Lisburn, Co. Down. Currently there are three generations of Hall family residing on the estate. Sir William (Bill) Hall who was recently retired as the first Catholic Lord Lieutenant for Co. Down, continues his life long contribution to the running of the Hall Estate. Mr Marcus Hall who breeds single suckle beef cattle on the estate and lives with his wife and three sons in the Castle.

Sir William is up here a lot his house is not to far at the end of the drive way and he collects bees. Mount Hall is the section I live in.

*sigh* Now I've got to tell my ghost stories!!! I've had experiences in EVERY SINGLE house that I've ever lived in. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm haunted. lol

I used to live in a trailer house when I was younger. My parents bought it for really cheap, it was only a year old and after we moved in they found out that the reason we got it so cheap was that the people that lived in it before us were newlyweds, and the wife disappeared. There was a stain on the carpet that the salesman told us was grape juice, but my mom always thought it was blood. In that house, every room felt so creepy. I hated, hated, HATED being there by myself. I was awake once in the middle of the night at around age 8/9 because I had trouble sleeping. My mom was sleeping on the opposite side of the house, my dad was a truck driver and gone, and my brother was sleeping in the room next door. Well, I heard footsteps start in the KITCHEN. They were heavy, like an adult's footsteps. Heavier than my moms. (if you've lived in a mobile home you know what I mean, you can tell who is walking in the house because you get used to their steps). It wasn't her. They walked slowly from kitchen, to living room, down the hallway, and stopped right outside my room. I had my door cracked. When the steps got to the hallway I threw the covers over my head and closed my eyes. The door never opened but I felt like whatever it was was standing over my bed, I was so scared I fell asleep somehow that night but never came out from under the blanket, and I'm claustrophobic, so...:/

A year or so later my brother and I were having a sleepover in his room next door. Keep in mind this is the only time in my life I have ever sleepwalked. My brother did bad, but I never did that I know of, except for this one time. I woke up standing in front of the wall in the room, and opened my eyes to RED EYES in front of me. It was pitch black and all I could see were red eyes. I was really scared, backed up, and laid down next to my brother, covered up, cuddled next to him, and stared at that area of the room to make sure nothing came up to us and finally fell asleep somehow.

When I was 12 we were still living there and I was home alone in the living room watching TV. The tv went off randomly and I thought I had leaned on the remote so I turned it back on and put the remote next to me on the table. About 30 seconds later, it went off again and I *knew* I hadn't turned it off that time. The light was still on so I knew it wasn't the electricity. I felt so creeped out all of the sudden and didn't turn the TV back on. I sat there and was thinking about going outside and waiting on my mom because I just felt..weird. Well before I could get up I heard a BANG on the backdoor, it sounded like someone had seriously just threw their entire weight against the door. I couldn't tell if it was from the inside or outside. I thought someone was in the house, so freaking out of course, I walked slowly to the kitchen. What sucked was that the backdoor was in our laundry room, and that end of the house was dark because there weren't any windows. So I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a butcher knife while keeping my eyes on the back door area. Grabbed the knife, and popped on every light and had the knife ready to stab someone when I got to the laundry room. Nothing there. I lived in the middle of nowhere and knew someone couldn't just run off without a vehicle, and with the TV added to that little incident I feel like it was definitely supernatural in nature. I was so scared. That house creeps me out, badly.

My parents had separated for awhile when I was younger, and she lived in an old farmhouse that was a hundred or more years old. They found lots of civil war things around it (cannon balls, buttons, clothes, etc.). The house was so old it came with an outhouse, a basement with dirt walls, and a barn. Everyone in the area said it was haunted and sometimes you could hear a baby crying in the house if you were outside, and someone said a woman and a baby died there from some disease. Anyway, one time I was sleeping and I kept hearing this weird...noise in the living room. There were old wooden floors and we had a tree lamp in there. I kept looking around wondering what it was making the noise and finally saw the lamp just shaking back and forth. Nothing else in the room was shaking, just the lamp. :/

When I was 15, we sold the trailer and someone took it off the land. We built a brand new house. I felt a lot safer in that house than I did the trailer, but weird stuff still happened there. I woke up a few times to something walking around in my room...I kept a messy room at that point and had school papers in the floor and would hear rustling and steps on it, I'd open my eyes, and it would stop and there was nobody there. I also would wake up to my bed shaking and something sitting at the end of my bed. I never felt scared for some reason when that stuff happened...it was a calming feeling. Another time, I turned the lamp on in my room to go brush my teeth. It's one of those you turn the knob twice to turn on, and twice to turn off. I went to brush my teeth, washed my face, and walked out to my room, which was across the hall (so I know nobody had went in there). I stopped dead in the doorway because I was in a dark house, saw a dark room, with no lamp on. I yelled MOMMMM because that was when a bunch of weird stuff had been happening to her. She tried telling me the lightbulb went out and I calmed down, and went to turn it on and check. I turned it ONCE and it turned on, meaning it had been turned 2x to go off, and another time....yet nobody had been in there. EEEEK.
My mom had been having stuff happen to her, she came in the kitchen one day and half of the cabinet doors were open, and she had just been in there (she stays at home all day). She heard voices once, and another time she woke up in the middle of the night and says she saw a grey shadowy figure in the corner of the room.

Also in that house, my now-husband and I, along with my younger cousin, were watching a basketball game on tv at a low volume while talking, when we heard a grandfather clock chime. My parents had no clocks in the house. It wasn't on the tv, we muted it because we knew there wasn't a clock in the house, and it was still going on, we searched the house and found 0 clocks. It never happened again. What's odd is it chimed right at 8 pm. We all heard it or I'd think we were crazy.

Another time I was sleeping and everyone left early in the morning. I woke up to someone knocking on the door. I was going to answer but had to put my contacts in first because I have horrible eyesight. While watching out the blinds I put them in and after I had one in I saw the guy leave. About 10 minutes later I heard a banging on the side of the house, beside my window. A *loud* banging. Like someone is taking the palm of their hand and just hitting the house a few times as hard as possible. I jumped and staying away from the blinds I looked outside. Nobody that I could see. I picked up my phone to call my mom and see if she was playing a joke on me, even though we had a really long driveway and I knew nobody could just walk up it without me seeing, and its over 1/4 a mile long, so IDK why anyone would walk instead of drive. BEFORE I could dial my moms number, I heard something bang on the house again in a different room. I suddenly felt really creeped out. I shoved open the blinds and looked out. Nobody. I then went into the middle of the house, in the hall, where nobody could see me and called my mom. WHILE i was on the phone with her, it happened again in the laundry room by the door. loud, loud, LOUD. I told my mom to get home, she was right down the road so she left. Before she got there it happened again and I started crying and screamed "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!" and it happened again. Not loudly that time, lightly, like a knock on a door, but by a window again. It went in a circle around the house. After that, it didn't happen but I looked out every window after the light knock, nothing there. I never saw anyone. My aunt, mom, brother, and cousin showed up and were shocked that I was crying, because I'm like the bravest person ever. They told me it was probably the army base (35 miles away) bombing...yeah no. It definitely wasn't. I asked how if they hadn't heard it and they had no answer. So yeah :/

Anyway sorry for the book lol.

OH and DH and I went to the crescent hotel. we did the ghost hunt there (supposedly it's haunted). before, i went into the womens bathroom downstairs and felt really odd. after the tour (which was indeed creepy) the guide told us we could take pictures. we took a few and then decided to go into each of the bathrooms because i felt weird in one, and also because he told some ghost story about one of them. anyway, i didn't see anything weird on my picture until we got back home and put them on the computer. when the pic is blown up, you can see a figure standing in the stall. i sent it to the hotel people and got a response that they were forwarding it to the person in charge of the ghost stuff and never got a response. :/

here it is:
https://i44.tinypic.com/35jaumo.jpg

OH and DH and I went to the crescent hotel. we did the ghost hunt there (supposedly it's haunted). before, i went into the womens bathroom downstairs and felt really odd. after the tour (which was indeed creepy) the guide told us we could take pictures. we took a few and then decided to go into each of the bathrooms because i felt weird in one, and also because he told some ghost story about one of them. anyway, i didn't see anything weird on my picture until we got back home and put them on the computer. when the pic is blown up, you can see a figure standing in the stall. i sent it to the hotel people and got a response that they were forwarding it to the person in charge of the ghost stuff and never got a response. :/

here it is:

i cant see anything, im rubbish at things like this

I see a man in a waist cost standing back against the stall wall , could be in the mirror .I dont like bathroom ghosts. lol

Ahh I'm so freaked out after reading this thread.

I was the only one in the bathroom lol and it sure wasn't me. I have a better picture with arrows pointing at it so you can see it better, I'll post later!

here it is:

The entire picture did not show up for me. ALL I see is a red x. Could you try and maybe send it again another way or something. Very creepy stories, btw... The banging on the house story would have really creeped me out! I dont know What i would have done in your position.... SCARY!!!
134.jpg
\
\
\
edit ignore my message.. The pic showed up in your quote that I had attached to my post! Thank you

ghost hunters are coming on 5 th may! they called here during week when I was out so I didnt get to meet them but they coming back next week to have another look so I get to talk to them then. I am invited on it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->