Ultimate Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pisses me off is my Hubby and I have been TTC for 3 years now, this was before everyone I knew started having kids like as if it was the Louis Vutton purse of the month. 3 years later, I have a handful who are on their 2nd child!!!! The record I've heard so far was one of my "friends" whom I simply deleted because she's the type of post a thousand and 1 pictures of her kids and pregnancy, I just couldn't handle it.. got pregnant 4 months after giving birth to her first!!! 4 months!!!!!!!! On top of that, her first one was an accident. To make this a long story short, everyone's had their oops babies meanwhile 3 years later, our cradle is still empty and it hurts horribly. Especially when the more you try to avoid the topic of kids and pregnancy, the more it seems to show up in your life on tv, on the internet and even in your every day life.

forgot to mention, I don't go to family reunions anymore.. they are too heart breaking, kids EVERYWHERE! I refuse to go because last time I tried to go while we were TTC 2 years ago, I drank myself silly so to prevent hurting myself I just don't go. The excuse "we are snowed in" works like a charm every time since we live 6 hours away since it's always at christmas.

Sounds like you need to get out and go to the most bacteria laden, germ area and breathe in those viruses. By the time the BBQ comes, you'll be much too sick to be around the pregnant and little ones. Must not get them sick!!

:haha: Army that really made me laugh! You must also be psychic as I am genuinely sick this morning, woke up at 5am all dizzy and nauseous and have been in bed with a bucket since :blush: What I love about the LTTTC ladies is that if I said that in TTC forum, woman would be convincing me it was a PG symptoms, not just a dodgy chinese last night!

Oh no, hope you're OK wonderstars! If you have 10, can you share a few out between us? :thumbup: I had to take super strength pain killers my first round of clomid during ovulation, not that a bloody worked. All pain no gain in this TTC malarky! FX's for you!

forgot to mention, I don't go to family reunions anymore.. they are too heart breaking, kids EVERYWHERE! I refuse to go because last time I tried to go while we were TTC 2 years ago, I drank myself silly so to prevent hurting myself I just don't go. The excuse "we are snowed in" works like a charm every time since we live 6 hours away since it's always at christmas.

I wish I had this excuse! My DHs family can just about see our house from they bedroom window ](*,) I think my family BBQ coupled with my growing illness, I will also have some imagery work deadline that needs finishing, so will only be able to 'pop by' for 10 minutes or so. God I'm such a bitch, :shrug:

I wish I had this excuse! My DHs family can just about see our house from they bedroom window ](*,) I think my family BBQ coupled with my growing illness, I will also have some imagery work deadline that needs finishing, so will only be able to 'pop by' for 10 minutes or so. God I'm such a bitch, :shrug:

I wouldn't say you're a bitch, it's our way of coping. Naturally you don't wanna put yourself in mental stress therefore the best option is to stay home, it's safer for everyone around. I commend you if anything for having the courage to prevent yourself from awkward situations that would only hurt you in the end. :hugs:

Joy!!!! AF came this morning with a vengeance!!!! ARGGGGHHHH!!!

Just want to curl up in a ball somewhere away from the world :(...pregnant women and BFP announcements EVERYWHERE I look!!!!

I'm sorry Smallstar :hugs::hugs:

On the plus side, it's Friday, and not just any Friday, but the jubilee Friday, so plenty of excuses to ignore the world, curl up with a bottle of wine (or 5) cry, scream, drink and wallow and take some time out for yourself like you deserve :wine:

:flower:

Isn't our nhs wonderful? My 16yr old daughter got blood test as she was feeling tired. Nurse tried to insist I waited in waiting room while they took it, but I stayed and just as well as dd no idea why she was getting blood tested. Nurse told her to phone for rests in a week. She forgot (she's a teenager!) and a few weeks later she tried to phone for results & was told they wouldn't give her results on the phone & they had sent out a letter about it saying she needed to see the doctor about results. Except they sent it to our old address.
Today she finally saw doc (herself) who gave a her a prescription for thyroxine (a hormone you have to take for life) and told her to come back in 5 weeks. If they had let me have anything to do with my CHILDs treatment I would have been able to tell them her thyroid level has dipped twice before & returned to normal itself. Flipping ridiculous!

So how come she can't drink, can't drive

wonderstars - Can I put my order in for one of those 10 babies? Is it on a first come first served basis? I don't mind, boy or girl. :haha:

smallstar - I'm sorry AF arrrived, Stephie is right, grab a bottle or two, its Jubilee Weekend, you are officially allowed to get as pissed as you want!

Just_Married - Maybe its worth making another appointment and going with your daughter to discuss this? They are not allowed to say you cannot go, its your daughters right to have someone with her. I hope things are sorted for her soon and shes back to full health soon.

I have no rant...... yet.

I know!! What a shocker! Hold the headlines.... 'Karens in a good mood!'

Thanks Karen, I'm so glad you have no rant! Yay! What's your secret? Chocolate? Wine? Both?! Lol

Firstly, I apologise for previous rant about nhs. I'm actually calmer now and realise how amazingly fortunate to have an nhs.

I was just fed up as I was sitting in the doctors waiting room after being in pain for a week. Crabby as hell, ready to bop someone on the nose. Been worrying myself silly about last weekend pain/bleeding.

Fortunately, I saw an 'old school' female doc today. What?! She said, you're still in pain? No that's not right, you don't just randomly have a period from hell & suffer for a week, no dear, you have an infection, classic symptoms. Here's some penicillin & antimicrobials! Poor girl!

Phew! At last someone listening and taking me seriously. So, just had lunch and about to fill my belly with pills to make me better.

I also spoke to the doc about my daughter and felt reassured about the whole thing.

Thank you lovely girls for listening to me whinge & vent even though you are going through your own trials. Wish I could hug you all xxx

Ah brilliant news just_married!! So glad you finally got some answers, it's so frustrating when we know there is something wrong and nobody will acknowledge it! Its like, we know our bodies, we know when somethings wrong!

Fingers firmly crossed that you start to feel better, and I hope everything with your daughter gets sorted out :flower:

StephieB & BearsMummy - You’re right might as well...getting sloshed seems like the only good option today...well and maybe the rest of the weekend!!! :winkwink:

I always go down this route when the dreaded AF turns up but then feel guilty in case this has further hindered my baby making chances!!! FML!!! Hate that its never just simple!!! :wacko:

Oh well....bottle of vino here i come!!! he he he

Thanks ladies and hope you all have a good jubilee weekend :kiss:

Good luck to those of you having the awkward baby/small child/pregnant women orientated family/friend get togethers, i had it all last weekend so totally sympathise...and EXTRA good luck to those of you who are still in with a chance of making your BFP dreams possible this weekend!!! :sex:
Im afraid im out so roll on July for me and keeping EVERYTHING crossed for a smidge of good luck to come my way!!!!

Getting sloshed is what jubilee weekend is all about! I am a firm believed in 'drink til its pink' so every time AF rolls around I make sure theres a bottle of wine and a take away menu to hand!

I don't have any vents yet but I do have news. After keeping TTC a secret from our families for so long, we've finally composed a blog telling them our secret, and will be sending them all the link tonight. So nervous (I'm a big girl, I can't do it face to face!)

AF is due next weekend and i think I'm about 6-8dpo (threw the OPKS away this month) so i will be enjoying NOT having sex and not having to wax again for 3 weeks :haha:

Wine, Cider, Vodka, Shots, Brandy, Whiskey, Alcopops, any alcoholic beverage I can get my hands on is my secret!! :rofl:

Mmmm.....alcohol.....hey, we're not preggo. Actually, nothing more I'd like to do than go to a restaurant with a pregnant woman and buy some yummy sushi and some saki. Ooooh la la.

smallstar - enjoy AF and drown in alcohol! :winkwink:

Just_married - I've read a lot of frustrating things about the nhs on here.

Steph - Good luck! I'm sure everyone will be super supportive when they find out.

Bears, how dare you not have a rant?! Don't you know we're supposed to be cows ALL the time. Insult someone darnit! :dohh: :winkwink::haha::blush:

I got nothing baby. Going for dim sum with a preggo friend tomorrow but I'm cool, I have not cried since I got my FS appt. That's A-mazing. :bodyb:

Just Married- We all know NHS can be completely unreliable at times (a lot of the time):haha:.

StephieB- Glad to see you came up with more excuses!

Do you get a Brazilian done? :shock: I'm can't be bothered with down south, if it's outside of ovulation. :haha:

Rant (non baby related):

-I yelled at DH for the second time about helping with the house work, as I have a full time job now. The flat isn't as spotless and it's driving me mad. He told me all I had to do was ask. Which is complete and utter bs because I have to ask him repeatedly to do one simple task. Maybe he got the message this time :growlmad::dohh:

-

Just Married- We all know NHS can be completely unreliable at times (a lot of the time):haha:.

StephieB- Glad to see you came up with more excuses!

Do you get a Brazilian done? :shock: I'm can't be bothered with down south, if it's outside of ovulation. :haha:

Rant (non baby related):

-I yelled at DH for the second time about helping with the house work, as I have a full time job now. The flat isn't as spotless and it's driving me mad. He told me all I had to do was ask. Which is complete and utter bs because I have to ask him repeatedly to do one simple task. Maybe he got the message this time :growlmad::dohh:

-

Men...

you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em :haha:

One more!

Mother bought me a wonderful cookbook before we moved into our second flat. I decided to make a recipe from the book and it turned out horrendous. While I'm no Chef Ramsey, I can certainly cook. Measurements and cook time off, resulting in undercooked potatoes and a cornbread overkill (it was a casserole). :sick: Plus, I was overly frustrated cooking dinner because all I wanted to do was relax after work. I'm sure the rest of the casserole will end up in the bin tomorrow. :growlmad:

Army - I used to have brazilians done every month at the salon before ovulation...then after the months and months went by I realised that I couldn't afford it, so now it's a 'DIY' waxing kit in the bathroom :haha:

On the bright side, if all else fails you can throw the casserole at DH? :winkwink:

I'm sorry, I really let the side down didn't I??!!

Erm, I have a migraine today (maybe a hangover, but lets call it a migraine) :haha:

So I am off to cheer myself and OH up by making Lemon Meringue CupCakes!! I am a domestic godess!! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"