• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultimate Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have a question about the issues with privacy that people are talking about. If this thread was made private or as someone suggested limited to those with a certain amount of posts under their belt how would that work? Does that mean someone like myself would not be able to join in or would I have to apply??? Confused and hoping my newly found haven won't close. Thanks

Hi hun! I don't think you'll have anything to worry about! I don't think anything is going to be made private TBH :hugs:

We'll wait and see if the thread I made gets addressed...but I'm not feeling too positive about it! :hugs:

I have a vent!!! But it would probably get removed seeing as it has to do with the lurkers at the bottom of the page...so I'll just vent in my head :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I haven't been on here in a while, but I need to get this off my chest... I WILL BASH THE HEAD IN OF THE NEXT PERSON THAT ASKS ME WHEN I AM HAVING KIDS. As if that was anyones business in the first place... Grrrrrrrr. its been almost 2 years and now on iui 2. So I DONT KNOW! And even if I did know, chances are I wouldn't tell anyway!

Hi Sunup and welcome. Sorry to hear your vent.

Steph you dh's comment made me chuckle. My name's Bex (short for Rebecca) btw :)

Jena and Bex :yipee: now we sound like real human being having a conversation! (but obviously I understand if people don't want to disclose their real name) I think mines fairly obvious, but Steph is me!

SunUp
I WILL BASH THE HEAD IN OF THE NEXT PERSON THAT ASKS ME WHEN I AM HAVING KIDS.

This really made me laugh for some reason, it reminded me of a Charlie Kelly style rant (Its always sunny in philidelphia :shrug:) but massive hugs to you :hugs:

Wobbles has replied to the other thread.

:cry:

zanDark - I'm with you on that vent!!! :growlmad:

Stephie - Thanks for the support, I'm pooping it, Bongo has just emailed me to say it comes in three's (PCT, CRB....) so we should put the Euromillions on tonight. I told him to not jinx it incase one of them is bad news, now that will mean three lots of bad news!! :dohh:

Jena and Bex :yipee: now we sound like real human being having a conversation! (but obviously I understand if people don't want to disclose their real name) I think mines fairly obvious, but Steph is me!

SunUp
I WILL BASH THE HEAD IN OF THE NEXT PERSON THAT ASKS ME WHEN I AM HAVING KIDS.

This really made me laugh for some reason, it reminded me of a Charlie Kelly style rant (Its always sunny in philidelphia :shrug:) but massive hugs to you :hugs:

Hi Jena, Bex, and Steph...my name is fairly easy too...I'm Amanda!

I haven't been on here in a while, but I need to get this off my chest... I WILL BASH THE HEAD IN OF THE NEXT PERSON THAT ASKS ME WHEN I AM HAVING KIDS. As if that was anyones business in the first place... Grrrrrrrr. its been almost 2 years and now on iui 2. So I DONT KNOW! And even if I did know, chances are I wouldn't tell anyway!

I completely agree with this! I get so frustrated when this happens but I usually just say "whenever it happens". I live 500 miles away from my family and when I went back for a visit, my sister in law, who is also battling infertility (probably around 6 years now but she doesn't have insurance so she can't get help) asked me when I'm going to have kids. Now, normally if anyone else asked, this would bother me, but because it was her, it didn't. Well, here comes my dad butting his head in and he says, "Oh, I'll answer this for you" - "They are not trying but not preventing". WTF??????????? Has he ever bothered to ask me what we are doing? NO! I even hinted to him a few months before that it was taking a long time. Oh that pissed me off. :growlmad:

After I get pregnant, I will bring it up to him. I will call him out on it. People need to mind their own business. The only person i told was my mother because she made me feel guilty saying that she was going to die before I gave her a grandchild (She's 43!!!!!!). Some people are just so insensitive. Almost 2 years ago when I started trying, I probably would have asked people the same questions but unless you've gone through LTTTC, you don't really know how it feels. Now, I am far more sensitive about the pregnancy subject. I would NEVER ask someone when they are going to have kids now.

I put my real name in my post the other day, but no one calls me it except Stephie!

Its Karen btw!
I don't mind if people would rather address me by my username or my real name. My best friend calls me 'bitch', I can't actually remember the last time she used my given name!

I put my real name in my post the other day, but no one calls me it except Stephie!

Its Karen btw!
I don't mind if people would rather address me by my username or my real name. My best friend calls me 'bitch', I can't actually remember the last time she used my given name!

:rofl: What a lovely freind!!! LOL!! This really made me smile....

Its Karen btw!

:rofl: What a lovely freind!!! LOL!! This really made me smile....

Thats just the way we are! We ahve called each other that for over 20 years now, so it's just stuck!
I wish I could change my username to BITCH

Karen I don't even know how you've got the mental will power to sit and stare at an envelope and not tear it open! You are a far better woman than me, but then again I usually end up having all my christmas presents before christmas day because I'm just too bloody impatient! How long do you have to wait until Bongo gets home?

Rant:

I was reading a newspaper article about the NHS bringing in new guidelines for sam sex couples to be allowed to receive IVF on the NHS and they were upping the age limit to 42 instead of 39 :)happydance:) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9281534/Gay-couples-and-women-over-40-to-get-free-IVF-treatment-on-NHS.html

But the comments made from reader made me feel so disgusted that I regret even putting myself through it!

I have a vent!!! But it would probably get removed seeing as it has to do with the lurkers at the bottom of the page...so I'll just vent in my head :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

This is TWICE now zandark and it's not acceptable forum activity. Rightly I should issue you a temp ban or an infraction. Vent thread or alternative FB status thread you know the rules. Indirectly naming your problem doesn't excuse it.

Wind it in!

Stephie - Thanks for the support, I'm pooping it, Bongo has just emailed me to say it comes in three's (PCT, CRB....) so we should put the Euromillions on tonight. I told him to not jinx it incase one of them is bad news, now that will mean three lots of bad news!! :dohh:

BearsMummy could we have less of the angry expressions on an Admins decision. The thread has been closed and cross posting is not permitted especially when leaving more bad feelings.

This is a public forum if people don't accept that any more then only you can decide whether using the forum is right for you.

End of matter or I will close this thread!

[Removed by Admin]

We have this thread and will just have to continue the battle and support one another....you have all made me feel so welcome here and "normal" in such a short space of time.....Thanks everyone

For every bad comment we get be it here or anywhere else, the support and help that comes as a result is tenfold and that to me wins hands down anyway :hugs:

x

Wobbles - Apologies i made reference to the above mentioned post in my post before i saw your comment.....sorry it was an innocent mistake!

Removed quote re admins wishes

This made me laugh, which is a miracle as I've had a bit of a meltdown today. Just spent about 20 mins crying into dh arms about how people don't realise how much their words hurt others. I guess it being a tough few weeks, losing a friend last week & being in pain hasn't helped.

The names along the bottom are a kick in the teeth. The one place I felt safe to express my hurt has now become a goldfish bowl for ppl to feel smug about. I hope they feel proud of themselves, I know they are watching right now.

We have this thread and will just have to continue the battle and support one another....you have all made me feel so welcome here and "normal" in such a short space of time.....Thanks everyone

For every bad comment we get be it here or anywhere else, the support and help that comes as a result is tenfold and that to me wins hands down anyway

x

^ This.

Karen I don't even know how you've got the mental will power to sit and stare at an envelope and not tear it open! You are a far better woman than me, but then again I usually end up having all my christmas presents before christmas day because I'm just too bloody impatient! How long do you have to wait until Bongo gets home?

Rant:

I was reading a newspaper article about the NHS bringing in new guidelines for sam sex couples to be allowed to receive IVF on the NHS and they were upping the age limit to 42 instead of 39 :)happydance:) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9281534/Gay-couples-and-women-over-40-to-get-free-IVF-treatment-on-NHS.html

But the comments made from reader made me feel so disgusted that I regret even putting myself through it!

I don't know how I'm doing it either, on one hand, I would prefer to open it on my own, but B and I are in this together, it's his future as much as mine, so I'll just have to wait until he gets home. He should be home about 7pm. If no one hears from me for a while, you know its bad news and I am drowning my sorrows with Vodka, Brandy, Whiskey and wine!

This is TWICE now zandark and it's not acceptable forum activity. Rightly I should issue you a temp ban or an infraction. Vent thread or alternative FB status thread you know the rules. Indirectly naming your problem doesn't excuse it.

Wind it in!

BearsMummy could we have less of the angry expressions on an Admins decision. The thread has been closed and cross posting is not permitted especially when leaving more bad feelings.

This is a public forum if people don't accept that any more then only you can decide whether using the forum is right for you.

End of matter or I will close this thread!

Wobbles - I am sorry if I came across as angry, I really didn't mean to.

Thank you for taking the time to consider our request so quicly anyway.

I don't know how I'm doing it either, on one hand, I would prefer to open it on my own, but B and I are in this together, it's his future as much as mine, so I'll just have to wait until he gets home. He should be home about 7pm. If no one hears from me for a while, you know its bad news and I am drowning my sorrows with Vodka, Brandy, Whiskey and wine!

I truly hope its the news you're wanting! :flower: Have you not even done the whole, holding it up to the light to se if you can read anything through the paper? Or trying to see past the little clear window to read the first line? Nope...just me that does that then :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"