• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultimate Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeans and t-shirt are the way forward! :thumbup:

Ladies I am excited!! Dh came home from work today and said "we need to talk..." So I obviously panicked, but when we started talking he said he was really worried about ovulation week and letting us down (he sometimes gets really bad anxiety which prevents us from Bding, and we've lost a few months due to it) especially during Clomid cycles. So we discussed our issues and maybe having a break or stopping the clomid but he said the problem would still be there when we came back to it anyway.

So we did some researching and we've decided that for this cycle we'll try home insemination to see how we get on with that, he says he would feel less pressure this way so we've just bought some soft cups, pressed and sterile syringes. :happydance: I don't know why I'm so excited about such an unromantic way of TTC but I feel a little less 'pressure' too.

Has anyone else ever tried home insemination, or know people who have and have any hints and tips??

Stephie Thank you for that poem :hugs:
That was lovey and also made me teary and smile :) xox

My vant, ahhhhhh facebook, babys born every day this last week......
*Congrats...
*Well done...
*I bet he/ she is beautiful...
*Cant wait to see pics of him/her...
*Hope all went well...
*Cant wait to meet your little bundle of joy...
*Welcome to mother hood...
*Its the best feeling in the world, to look into your babies eyes...

Im very happy for my friends. They are so lucky to be blessed...
To have their baby in their arms.
A loved one of their own.

And me?? All I get today is the regular arrival of the :witch: geeess Louise....

:
Has anyone else ever tried home insemination, or know people who have and have any hints and tips??

I actually thought of doing this last cycle actually?! I bet I will 1 day :)
I searched on the net and seen other ladies asked this question and read that she got bad hurtful feed back from others :(

I say- why not??

oooooo Steph!! Tom and I were thinking the same thing since we've encountered the same problem! He's never had a problem when he has to be intimate with a cup for IUI or SA :haha: but during ovulation we both get stressed out and it's either him not being able to function...or me drying up :blush: sorry for the TMI lol

we were going to try it last cycle but we got our puppy and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with TTC at the time! We're probably going to give it a go this cycle just to take a break from the anxiety. :thumbup:

sharnw: I just commented on the pic of an excoworker who just had her 2nd baby...she always went on and on and on about how she didn't want kids! Plus I had to hide a girl I know from FB because she's 21 and got pregnant on her honeymoon :dohh: honeymoon babies really get to me lol

So we did some researching and we've decided that for this cycle we'll try home insemination to see how we get on with that, he says he would feel less pressure this way so we've just bought some soft cups, pressed and sterile syringes. :happydance: I don't know why I'm so excited about such an unromantic way of TTC but I feel a little less 'pressure' too.

Jeans and t-shirt are the way forward! :thumbup:

Ladies I am excited!! Dh came home from work today and said "we need to talk..." So I obviously panicked, but when we started talking he said he was really worried about ovulation week and letting us down (he sometimes gets really bad anxiety which prevents us from Bding, and we've lost a few months due to it) especially during Clomid cycles. So we discussed our issues and maybe having a break or stopping the clomid but he said the problem would still be there when we came back to it anyway.

Such a long time ago: when I was 20 my then bf & I lost a baby at 13wks & a month after the loss I needed an emergency d&c to remove retained placenta remains (I haemorrhaged very badly). When we tried again the memories of what had happened made it difficult for us both so we ended up trying using syringes & jugs & timing etc. If I remember right we tried for two or three cycles & it didn't work. More recently I've read about some others doing it because it suits them better, but with more science to it, e.g. Warming tubs/syringes to best temperature before collecting etc.
Best of luck! We are all trying different things and who knows, maybe this will be the right thing for you :)

zanDark Ha! Me too lol.....

Sometime i feel like getting a few bottles of bourbon and a few cokes and go on a freaking bender for a week :haha: I'l try everything and :drunk: :sex: is definitely on the cards :haha:
I think I would've done that already if I didnt have to work everyday :( I'l never go to work hung over again (remembering 6 years ago after a football game) :haha:

Steph, is it the length of maxi fresses or just that you find them difficult to walk in? Next do lots of petite maxi dresses online.

My rant - edited cos it was stupid

Stephie - There's a long thread on home insemination (withe donor sperm) in the Assisted Conception forum. I haven't gone through it but I bet you there's some great advice in there.

After so many months of timing sex, I'm actually quite relieved we're done that route. It's either IUI or IVF now. DH is relieved. He would feel so bad coming home late and having to do the deed.

2 newly pregnant patients today and I don't even work in OB or anything related. The whole f'n world is pregnant. :dohh:

Tasha no rant is stupid!! For instance right now I could rant that I am upstairs in bed and my wine is downstairs in the kitchen!!

I've never tried next maxi dresses, but I do buy the next petit work wear so i'll look when I'm next in! Thanks for the tip :)

Evie I demand you try home insemination this month so I have someone to compare notes with :haha: DH and I always get anxious and stressed during ovulation week, and we have the exact same problems! As soon as I realise he's not 'prepared' I just completely dry up and we end up fighting every month! So this month we're going to try being intimate with a softcup and just popping it up there to get rid of the pressure, hopefully that means we can bd leading up to OV and then 'inseminate' around ov if we need to. Fingers crossed!

Just_married - so sorry to hear what you went through. Huge hugs. Thanks for your well wishes, I think I'm excited to just try something new!

:rofl: that would be a valid rant though Steph. Mine was that I wanted to punch the smug smiley face on the CB opk, because I am CD30/31 and ovulating now, so it looked like he (yes it is a male smiley face) was being smug and say ha late ovulation again.

Then I gave myself a slap around the face, and realised late ovulation is better than no ovulation.

Oh brilliant, ill have to browse the assisted conception forum and see if I can get some hints and tips. Ill do anything to skip an Ov week! :haha:

Sharnw - A few months ago me and DH decides to have a night out on a Sunday! Of all nights! We drank more than I had since my university days and then a bottle of gin on top!! I had to get up at 6am to teach psychology to 120 eager 16-18years old. Worst day of my life! I'm ashamed to say I even had to throw up in the classroom bin in the cupboard while the students were busy. Never again!!!

Late ovulation is definitely rant worthy!! What does it think its playing at?! I hate the smug smiley face guy!! He always looks so bloody happy, even when he decides to show up at the most inconvenient times! Dick!

Late ovulation is definitely rant worthy!! What does it think its playing at?! I hate the smug smiley face guy!! He always looks so bloody happy, even when he decides to show up at the most inconvenient times! Dick!

:rofl: this made me giggle. This cycle is CD30/31, the previous two were CD36 but that I ovulated but I have had 90 day cycles. Frustrating as hell, but you're right he is a dick. :haha:

No rant for you? :nope::haha:

Argh! Oh no shitty cycles! But like you said, silver lining is atleast your ovulating, have you been given any indication of why your ovaries want to piss you off?

Erm... Rant for me? Well my Dad returned from France whis week with 2 beautiful bottles of wine for me, one of which I've drank tonight so now im wide awake, its 1am here and DH is snoring next to me while I'm watching crap on TV. When my alarm goes off at 6.30am ill want to punch myself in the nose!!

Nope. I am pushing for PCOS testing though.

Wine sounds great, not being able to sleep not so much. I cant sleep either. Not good at that any more.

On the kindle and it is dying so I cant write much...will respond to you lovely ladies tomorrow.
My rants:
1. Dryer is broken.
2. Car is broken down. (No mini vaca with the hubbs this summer because our money is going into the car and dryer)
3. Another fb baby announcement...her 2nd in the time I have been tryiñg for 1.
4. Grandma; who has been fighting for her life for a year really isnt doing well :(

And its only Monday...

Well after a crappy few weeks (hospital with af, teenage cousin pregnant, friend died, put on 2 rounds of antibiotics, missed hsg due to dates & intrauterine infection, nightmare non-bridesmaid hen night, discovered dd is ill, friend fell out with me & accused me of using him & finally last night dh turned into neurotic weirdo for an hour, cue argument).....well after all that crap something randomly wonderful may be happening. Our landlord had been talking about buying a bigger flat to rent to us in case I get pregnant....so I phoned him last night and said if your buying anything, buy a house as another flat is no good. His reply was amazing, he (not promising anything) is planning to live in an American southern state for 6 winter months to see if it helps his asthma/arthritis and is planning to buy himself a 'bolthole' in the uk for when he is here, so would I hypothetically be interested in renting his 3 bedroomed semi in one of the best areas of the town we live in and still close to my family. Wow!! Please be true! Not only that, I chatted with dh about using the spare room we will have to carry out self employed working from home. Not only that! But I said if I don't fall pregnant when we move there would you be open to me using the room for short term baby/toddler fostering (something I've always waited to do). And he didn't say no (he has always point blank refused) he said he would think about it!

I didnt think I'd be this happy about things without actually being pregnant. Please make it be true!

So this month we completely missed O. We have been hectically busy over the last few weeks and well bding was pretty much at the bottom of our list. Then to throw insult to injury I got hectically sick with Flu, couldn't even get out of bed, my metformin ran out and have not been able to get the the pharmacist to get a refill!!!!!!! Waiting for af to arrive tomorrow. Considered testing but don't think I'm even going to bother. I KNOW that it didn't happen this month!!!! It's like one complete big waste of a month and I have to wait next month to get clomid because my medical won't pay out for it because I have been sick and we didn't budget for it. :cry: On top of that the flu still won't go away! Constantly sick with a runny nose, and a cough, tired beyond belief and now it seems like i might have a bladder infection!!!!!!!!!:hissy: ok tantrum over!

Awww beegray...bug hugs your way :hugs:

I know its easier said than done (I am the worst person for never taking my own advice!!) BUT try not to beat yourself up about things for this month!!!
The amount of times i have know within a day or two that we have missed O and we haven’t even BD once is countless!!!!

Its an awful feeling, but its not your fault, as well as trying for a baby life gets in the way!!! Work, cooking, cleaning, visiting people, illness, tiredness, literally ANYTHING!!!

Plus like some of the other girlies have mentioned on here....the pressure to DO IT at a specific time on a specific day is really hard and when you do miss it you feel like the biggest failure ever!!! I know I’ve been there on more occasions than care to remember.

Steph - Agree about the OH not feeling in good spirits around OV week as he freaks out and feels more pressure to erm perform!! I’d be interested to know how the whole home kit works out for you :blush: I’m willing to try anything once for during this whole baby making process!!!

x

just_married - The house sounds great! I love when random acts of kindness come our way! The toddler/baby fostering sounds amazing, with TTC we've looked more into fostering, but going to be a few years yet as we don't have the space. Fingers crossed you've got some good news coming your way :thumbup:

Bee - I think we all understand how frustrating and crappy missing O is, but like Jena said life just happens and we can't beat ourselves up about it! This is what I get so annoyed about with people who 'accidentally get pregnant' do they understand just how much precision and timing had to go into their 'accident'!!

In the past 8 months we've only been able to BD properly around Ov for maybe three of those! Believe it or not we missing OV one month because of our own wedding! By the time we'd got back to the hotel, the last thing I wanted to do was Bd :haha: I have a cycle app on my phone and as soon as I put 'AF Finished' in there I look to see when it predicts ovulation, if it isn't on a weekend, I immediately hate that month! :dohh:

Jena - I have just taken my last clomid of the month (CD6) so if my body sticks to its usual time scale ovulation is scheduled for next friday/saturday/sunday (weekend Ov :happydance:) so I'll let you know how it goes!

Rant non baby related:

Me and Dh are currently living with my lovely dad while we sort out our new house to move into on Saturday :)happydance:) so I have my two cats here with me. My cats are house cats, as they are both rescue cats who had no experience of being outside, and frankly are just too stupid! This morning Colin the stupid ginger cat escaped!! Ran out of the back door and into a neighbours garden where I couldn't get him. Cue me and my dad then running between three gardens trying to catch him with ham and chicken for a total of 50 minutes!! I need to point out I had just gotten out of bed and was in my pyjamas with no make up/bra or shoes on and live on quite a main road so open for all the village to see. :blush: Surely a baby would be easier?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"