• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultimate Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really don't get how much IF can affect life. :(

It's sad but the reason I'm not leaving my current job is because I know they will be supportive of the time missed. I'm not in love with it anymore and sometimes I dread going in, but I'm gonna make the sacrifice....for now.

Now how Are we supposed to "relax"?!

wonderstars - I’m in a similar situation now, no one asks questions about time off and are really supportive if I do....downside is I’m working on a fixed term contract which is due to finish next month!!!! It scares me crapless thinking about going into another job and no one getting it again :(
Exactly how on earth are we meant to "relax" when life in general without the TTC bit added in is anything but relaxing!!!!
Just when you think you’re getting to a good place something small/big crops up and stress levels escalate!!!! I mean REALLY!!!??? you want me to relax?!?!
In fact I would be happy to take the whole "relax" advice if someone could show me a person who genuinely does not get stressed and can show me how to not be stressed.....anyone?!!? No didn’t think so....BECAUSE THEY DO NOT EXIST!!!! (mini rant over.)

x

I would without a doubt advise others who are thinking of telling their boss not to. I know some people have had amazing success and support but I think those types of bosses are few. Would have told boss when I got of but now I won't I'll keep it secret as long as poss.

Bit of an odd night last night, I started hallucinating at around 9pm. My hands had echoes like from some 70s trip!!! I'm scared it's the clomid as im up to 150 and thu might take me off, now I'm so stressed there's no way I can "relax".
Anyone else had this and what was the outcome?

Zfbaby- OMG I hope its not the clomid and that your fine now :hugs:
Im only on 50mg and only getting hot flashes

I would without a doubt advise others who are thinking of telling their boss not to. I know some people have had amazing success and support but I think those types of bosses are few. Would have told boss when I got of but now I won't I'll keep it secret as long as poss.

Bit of an odd night last night, I started hallucinating at around 9pm. My hands had echoes like from some 70s trip!!! I'm scared it's the clomid as im up to 150 and thu might take me off, now I'm so stressed there's no way I can "relax".
Anyone else had this and what was the outcome?

Defo agree...plus in most places I have worked/work...despite the fact that bosses are supposed to be confidential, office gossip always arises and I would hate to think people knew and were talking about my "problem" behind my back...would make me so paranoid!!!!

Hallucinations sound awful! I have never experienced that but i was only ever on 50mg of Clomid...which did induce some serious vivid dreams but never hallucinations!!! Maybe give the docs a call just to see if that’s ok?!

Hi all, the funny thing is I feel absolutely fine now and I kinda did then too. I wasn't dizzy or have any nausea! Part of me is tempted to call the drs just in case and part of me is too scared. Clomid has been the only thing to make me ovulate in so long and I even had a normal af without provera so I really want to stay on it.

Work is a nightmare sometimes and I do feel like people talk about my if or when babies come in they look at me a smile sympathetically.
Maybe they think I'm going to run away with their babies ;)

Work is a nightmare sometimes and I do feel like people talk about my if or when babies come in they look at me a smile sympathetically.
Maybe they think I'm going to run away with their babies ;)

:haha: Zfbaby that made me chuckle!!!! x

Stupid isn't it! Why do people think like that though, do they not realise that you want YOUR baby not just any baby. Why would I want yours, that would just be weird.

Hello lovely ladies.

Hope you don't mind me joining you with a rant........

Had to sit through lunch at work today listening to someone go on and on about how if she and het bf ever decided to have kids together, they had better be boys as tall genes in both families would make any girls a freak!

Absolutely nothing against people saying these things as realise most have no idea of infertility but I just want to scream loudly to make myself feel better!

Oh and second rant, is it heavily pregnant lady week or something, can't go anywhere this week without a large bump walking towards me of worse buggys in my way!

Sorry rant over and only one more day until this long week is over!

Hugs to all.

Hello ladies! :flower:

Work and LTTTC - Ermmm difficult one. I also have the pleasure of suffering from stomach ulcers (at the ripe old age of 24) so all medical appointments I went to for blood tests or to see the FS I was lucky enough that I said it was a stomach thing and nobody questioned it. I start my new job next month and I really don't know how I'm going to manage dealing with a new job and infertility stuff, keep it as quiet as I can until I really need to I suppose! :shrug:

Zfbaby - Jeez those sound like scary hallucinations! On 50mg I think I get away quite lightly with very few side effects, hope you're feeling good :hugs: Id do exactly the same if I was in your situation with not telling the doc incase they make you stop taking them. My new doctor told me to stop taking clomid, but I choose to ignore him and have carried on, I'm dreading the telling off I'm going to get from my new FS when we finally see them :blush:

Snowybird - Welcome! :hi:I think it's heavily pregnant decade! I'm sure infertility gives me an amazing ability to spot pregnant woman a mile off, just like my phobia of moths means I can spot one in a 200square foot room! :haha:

My rant of the day:

For once not LTTTC related. Teenagers these days cannot string a sentence together!! I'm currently marking A level exam papers and some of the stuff I have seen is like the ability of 6 year olds! It's like punctuation, spelling and how to correctly put together a sentence is not important to people anymore! This is also a huge bug bear of mine with my students and their lack of english skills, but when it's page after page of poorly constructed english, I have lost my faith in humanity :cry:

My favourite example from today was this beauty:

"....The participations in this experiment had gotted tricked into taking part, therefour they were deceased" :haha: my translation "The participants in this experiment were tricked into taking part, therefore they were deceived"

These are advanced level students!!! :dohh::dohh:

Sods law is that during that rant, my English was also poorly constructed.....

Eeeek, that is shocking Steph. *scans to make sure her English is okay*:haha:

Oh my god stephieb I'm petrified of moths. If one comes in the house I start screaming or crying or both. I've never met anyone else who has this phobia and everyone makes fun of me.

I'm feeling absolutely fine today, thanks to everyone for being so nice. I'm not going to stop taking the clomid. I'm at a stage where as long as I'm not dying from it I'll try it :)

I have the same phobia, and butterflies too.

I have the same phobia, and butterflies too.

Oh my god me too!!! I have never met anyone else with a butterfly phobia! :happydance: I can't send them, they are the devils creatures with their flappy wings and furry bodies :growlmad:

Zfbaby - I can't go any where near a moth. Im the same, I scream and cry and hyperventilate! I spent one night slept in my car once, because when I got home from a work meal there was a moth, sitting by the handle on my front door!! :nope:

That's so weird, two people in one day. It's their furry bodies it makes me sick thinking of them.
Whilst I was prepping dinner I was thinking over our topic of work and ttc. I remembered something that happened about a year or so ago when a colleague had their first grandchild. They came into work when the baby was 1wk old to basically show off the baby. When I didn't coo and fuss over the baby and in fact removed myself from the situation she made a formal complaint!!!! To make matters worse my boss told her that it was because I was having a hard time around babies nexus I was having fertility treatments/problems. That's how confidential my work is. You can imagine how smug that made her.
A definite warning against sharing with work.

Lol steph. I once locked me and the cat in the bathroom to escape a moth. My dh came home from work around midnight to find me asleep on the bath mat.

I hate furry bodied moths, bit I don't mind butterflies, I even held about 8 in a row to release them when my nursery class reared them from egg stage to butterfly. I must be a weirdo.

I have a rant. Everything & everyone I dealt with today was difficult. Dh, dd, dh, chemist, did I say dh?! He has been going into a sulk at the drop of a hat today. He even went into a sulk because I asked if we could watch a funny DVD instead of yet another action/violence/gangster/chase one. Right now he is lying with his back to me pretending to sleep because hexasked mr what was wrong with me and I said nothing at all!! I also had to put up with a neighbour who repeatedly let's her dog loose in our shared gardens to poop anywhere and when I went to put rubbish in shared bin there was an old alky and his dog sitting drinking wine at the side of our building!!? I live in a nice area too! He had the cheek to say 'hello!' very cheerfully! Aaaargh!

My rant isn't even TTC related:

For the love of God, can people in Birmingham, AL NOT freakin' drive?!?!?!? I sell Avon as a hobby and achieved my sales goals for the previous year :happydance:. Every summer, the division manager hosts a luncheon where awards and recognition are passed out and all. It's about a two hour drive up there, but I have so much fun at these things that I take a vacation day from work to go. I got to go to my first one last year and had fun, so I decided to go this year when I hit my goal again for this one. I came home with a bag FULL of goodies and all. :happydance:

On my way home, it seemed that every driver in Birmingham took a stupid pill before getting behind the wheel. UGH!! :dohh: It's usually not that bad on any given day. But today...wha??? I was ready to get home right about the time I finally hit Tuscaloosa (my fave city in the whole wide world...lol), but I still had another hour to drive.

popping in to give my favorite ladies hugs and kisses since I'm kind of all over the place at the minute and can't concentrate long enough to sit at the computer lol :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

popping in to give my favorite ladies hugs and kisses since I'm kind of all over the place at the minute and can't concentrate long enough to sit at the computer lol :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

MUUUUWAHHH! :rofl:

:hugs::kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116