Ultrasound - Missed Twin Stories?

Lol poor girl. Lay off the carbs...man I would have felt horrible

Don't worry she was a tough cookie - and went back at 12 weeks to tell him she was expecting twins - he felt bad... and if you saw her physique, well, she was insanely toned / ripped and a real gym bunny so not at all worried about getting her figure back.

But yeah - I'd have been crushed! :)

I know what you mean mama bean, about feeling like you're meant to have twins. I feel that way too and constantly dream of twins. my DH probably gets that vibe from me that's why he always asks. but in my case it's probably because I am a twin but our twin story was not a happy one...and I personally had a feeling that I was a twin long before I found out I had one. so for twins I do believe there's a lot of feeling involved.

btw I think our 12 week scans are on the same day and I'm more excited about yours than mine :haha:

Actually no, she didn't measure the sac! Odd...! I didn't even think about that!

Yeah just the way things usually go with me it'll likely turn out as a singleton! Lol :)

Did the midwife measure the sac? If there were 2 it would be measuring farther along I think, so that could be a sign too! But I'm not sure.
I'm going to vote 1 but only because I've seen so many threads like this and usually it's one, the ultrasound is usually a good indicator, but it can miss things occasionally!

Well either way it's a healthy baby or 2! Can't wait to find out!

I was just able to pick up at least one hb :) 164bpm. It was 155bpm on the first scan a week ago today. I was searching for another bug couldn't tell if I found another one or not. This one was loud and clear but is moving around a lot so if lose if and have to search again :) At this point they're still so tiny I think it would be near impossible to detect two separate heartbeats on a Doppler if they share a sac. I've been trying about every other day to find something.... Oh how I missed that sound! :)

That heartbeat can echo in the placenta and be heard in seperate spots.
My dr said she can't determine the seperate heartbeats for sure on Doppler until 16 weeks, so she uses ultrasound each time to check on them. Next time she will use the Doppler.

Hey mama bean, found my 7wk scan thought u might wanna c.... This was the only pic I got with them both on the same scan xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 25
This is so interesting! I'm in an almost identical situation as you Mamabean.
I'm 8+ 5 by LMP, 6th pregnancy, but 5th child (had an MC in June). I too got an early BFP, I'm massively bloated (although that's not unusual for me in pregnancy) & I was sure it was twins. I just 'knew'!

I had a scan last week at 6+5) & there was a sac with a heartbeat & something else!! I had an internal scan too & there was definitely only one heart beat, the sonographer thinks the something else is/was a collapsed sac. It was smaller than the sac with the heartbeat & a different shape. Perhaps that's what your other 'thing' was?
At first I kept thinking (maybe hoping :winkwink:)that when I go for my 12 week scan there'll be another healthy heart beating away, but now I think I know that's not very likely
Good luck :hugs: I will be checking back to find out what happens with you scan x

Very interesting Mum22GTTC!! I don't think there was another sac, although the midwife wasn't as thorough as any ultrasound tech I've been to. Once she found one sac she didn't move the wand around to look around much. What we saw was in the same sac, behind the baby we saw clearly. I honestly don't know, I'm not an expert in u/a by any means, all I have to go on is my feeling and many symptoms that could point to twins. I'm also hoping to see another little bub in there in 3 more weeks if did no other reason than to disprove my crazy delusions!! Lol maybe it's just a crazy yearning for twins. Who knows. The feeling has not gone away though, despite the inconclusiveness of the first scan!!

FX for us both!

This is so interesting! I'm in an almost identical situation as you Mamabean.
I'm 8+ 5 by LMP, 6th pregnancy, but 5th child (had an MC in June). I too got an early BFP, I'm massively bloated (although that's not unusual for me in pregnancy) & I was sure it was twins. I just 'knew'!

I had a scan last week at 6+5) & there was a sac with a heartbeat & something else!! I had an internal scan too & there was definitely only one heart beat, the sonographer thinks the something else is/was a collapsed sac. It was smaller than the sac with the heartbeat & a different shape. Perhaps that's what your other 'thing' was?
At first I kept thinking (maybe hoping :winkwink:)that when I go for my 12 week scan there'll be another healthy heart beating away, but now I think I know that's not very likely
Good luck :hugs: I will be checking back to find out what happens with you scan x

9 weeks. Top of fundus is nearly halfway to my belly button this morning... 12cm. So far I *think* I can only hear one heartbeat on my Doppler but it's so hard to tell!! I can hear it to the left of the centre line and to the right and sometimes I swear I hear an overlap (that's not my heartbeat or placenta) but it's again so hard to tell at only 9 weeks.

https://i61.tinypic.com/2ahwj28.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->