Ultrasound of liver/gallbladder/ribs area

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
For the past year I've been having a constant dull ache under my lower right ribs. The doctor cannot feel anything wrong with the ribs and has sent me for an ultrasound of my liver/gallbladder/ribs area which I will be having this Sunday.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone know whether I will be told there and then if there is an issue, or will the results be sent to my doctor and I'll have to wait?

sent to dr and then wait.

My gallbladder has stones but i dont have a dull pain, its quite painfull.

Thanks for replying :)
I'm hoping it's not gallstones. I've just been told so many times it will be that with it being under the right ribs. One doctor thinks it might just be rib inflammation.

Thanks for replying :)
I'm hoping it's not gallstones. I've just been told so many times it will be that with it being under the right ribs. One doctor thinks it might just be rib inflammation.

YMMV but for me, i didnt know i had gallstones until i had a massive attack ( which is how most people find out). if i eat something fried/spicy/lots of pop, ill get heartburn and a burning type pain under my right breast but it goes away if i take some meds. You will know if its an attack because it is literally worse than labor pains. Its rated one of the top worse pains you can feel.

On an u/s, they will be able to confirm or rule out stones. I had an u/s and a CT, they both showed the stones.

PS- treatment is meds and waiting or surgery to remove. I didnt have mine removed.

Had the scan done and they checked abdomen, gallbladder, liver and kidneys. They didn't find anything wrong with any organs so I'm still no closer to any answers about what the pain is but it's a relief that all my organs are okay. I think it must be rib inflammation like the first doctor said but I don't know how they can check for that.

The only thing she did say is that I have a liver hemangioma which is a harmless birthmark on the liver. She said it will always have been there. I've read that pregnancy could have made it worse because of the extra estrogen. It is their protocol to follow up on the hemangioma as this was my first scan of this type so I have to go back in a few months for another scan.

My husband recently underwent a full abdomen ultrasound as part of his annual medical check up, showed that he has polyps in his gall bladder and has a fatty liver. He was a bit surprised to learn about consider he do not consume alcohol and does eat very healthy.

Just saw this. Have the same feeling except under my left ribs. Also had ultrasound done and was clear. The feeling comes and goes now and I'm not sure what else to do about it.

I've got my three month follow up scan today to check that everything is the same and the hemangioma is unchanged, so Fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->