(Un) Fun Story Corner

My husband and have been together since 1996, and been married since 2003, so trust me - we have heard it ALL.

"I can just lend you *insert their husbands name here* he makes pretty babies"
Gee thanks, but its my wacky hormones that are the issue. My hubby's sperm is fine.

"You are trying too hard, just stop thinking about it and it will happen"
Just b/c none of your 4 kids were planned does not mean its that easy for everyone else. Maybe if just stop trying, my body will magically start having periods and ovulating on my own. Hey maybe while we are at it, my cervical mucus will stop attacking and killing my husband's sperm. Wow if only I would have thought about that before!

And I think my new favorite happened recently. My MIL is TEMPORARILY living with us right now (that is a whole different rant in itself) She had 3 kids. Well, I was explaining to her how I cut out caffeine and alcohol b/c it affects fertility, and she said "Well I drank a lot of coffee all 3 times I got pregnant" Well bitch some people are not that lucky. What kills me about that one is that my DH and her are not that close at all, but she fell onto hard times, so we are helping her out for a bit while she gets back on her feet. She has not been around for pretty much our whole relationship, and now she is at our house while we are going thru the acupuncture and gearing up for IVF in a few months. SOOOO annoying

:haha: :thumbup: I totally love that video - never seen it before but is perfect for how i feel this month.

I don't have any vents in me at the minute that are different to the usual, generally people have learnt that if they don't want their head biting off they should shut up about it to me....there are still the odd brave/stupid one's though.

Slightly different but I think the one that incensed me the most was DH's ex wife who when announcing her third pregnancy to us said (and I quote) "I'm not sure how it happened" grrrrr really?? I find it very difficult to believe that after 2 births and at 38 years old you really don't know how you might possibly have gotten pregnant.

Sorry - totally unfair I know but it just hurts so much that it's easy for her and something I'm totally failing at :(

Never apologize! We get it

For my latest story of totally losing it, feel free to check out my blog.lol. It's been a bad week

https://joythatscoming.blogspot.com/

Anyone finding that facebook is a new form of torture? Logged on this morning to see another pregnancy announcement from someone I went to school with and haven't spoken to in years.......argh, it's not like she would have phoned / emailed to tell me!

Dont we all just hate these stupid comments arrggghhhh.

Through my 6 and a half year of ttc my 1st ive got too many of them too mention all.

But yesterday i went to meet my cousin who has 2 children the youngest is 5 months old and as i picked the baby up she says to me

cousin: "oh are you still trying all this time"

me: yes

cousin: "well you must be the 1st infertile person in our family "

me: im not infertile just having trouble getting pregnant

cousin: "maybe you partner is shooting blanks"

me: no his only got low mmorphology

cousin: oh maybe you should have a 1 night stand i bet you would get pregnant.

me: no thanks im happy how i am thank you very much :dohh:

And then she says "if u cant get pregnant naturaly will you have IVF"?

me:yes

cousin: "its going to be an injection baby then that will be interesting"

me::nope:

trust me girls theres alot more been said over the years.

some people a realy unsensitive :cry:

wow Lady, that's pretty crazy!

As for Facebook, I have hide/blocked/deleted most pregnant people..just not worth the torture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->