Underage and pregnant last night

C

celi84

I am still in shock with what I saw last night. I mean, how can it go so wrong for a teenage girl that after years of being a wild child, she ends up pregnant, but chooses to keep the child, yet, goes back to her old ways and it reaches a point where her mother (the baby's grandma) has to kick her out and the social services have to step in?

The doctor said it was not even PND.

I felt so sad for that poor baby Lola. The ending of the show was so depressing, and it didn't say whether Tonie has now been able to find a place and move in with her daughter

Has anyone seen this?

I watched it and was disgusted to say the least. She CHOSE to keep that baby, she has a responsibility. If I was her mum, i would either keep baby Lola myself, or phone social services and have baby Lola taken somewhere she can have a fantastic life.
It hard being a teen mum (i am one) but if you chose to have a baby, you should live up to the responsibility.

Totally agree with you.
Must be enraging to watch that when you are a teen mum yourself and try your best to fight the social stigma.

As for the Toni's choice, of course it's too late for an abortion, but she still has the option to have baby Lola adopted. It's a shame the show doesn't mention why she wants to keep her daughter while having her mostly looked after by her own mum or her friends'relatives.

It is, its people like that, that give teen mums the bad name.
TBH, i think she wants to keep the baby herself as giving Lola away would show that she has, in a way, failed and she would have proved people right, even though Lola would have a better life without her, especially if she doesnt change her ways. I know if i was Toni's mum, i simply would not trust her with her own daughter.
It's a shame it really is, but every baby deserves a good life, with parents who care, who give up going out drinking every weekend, if Toni is not willing to do that, which she isnt, then in my eyes, she is an un-fit mother and instead of making a TV show about it, they should be trying to either get her some help or get her daughter a new home.

Ive just watched this and I was devastated by her behaviour. Most of the shows have had good examples of teen mothers but she was terrible. That poor baby Lola

I don know how that girl cold look in a mirror!

I was beyond shocked, her behavior was unreal! that child needs to either be taken on by her mum or put up for adoption so that she can be with people that want to look after her :nope:

We watched it to and me and husband just watched the whole thing in complete shock! That poor baby Lola.And I felt so bad for the girls mum too,although was glad that in the end she kept hold of Lola.I was worried that Lola was going to move out with her mum and end up being neglected :cry:

We watched it to and me and husband just watched the whole thing in complete shock! That poor baby Lola.And I felt so bad for the girls mum too,although was glad that in the end she kept hold of Lola.I was worried that Lola was going to move out with her mum and end up being neglected :cry:

Given that the social services are aware of the case, they will probably not let Toni move in with Lola without investigating if she's fit for it. I hope they won't anyway.

I watched that show many times before and did see some shocking cases, but last night, I think was the worst in all 3 series

I felt so sorry for Lola, she was gorgeous as well :( I wish they'd told us what happened to her.
I also felt sorry for Toni though, she was nowhere near ready for a baby. It was so sad when she leftthe baby crying in the car.
I think they shouldve show a teen mum who was doing a great job too though.

They have the previous week though. One girl on the first week had a disabled baby and she was doing a amazing job as was one last week

This is why i can't watch programmes like this.

Its hard to watch anyway but when you have lost a child, they are even harder.

Due to the fact that that a lot of us believe we did all the right things while pregnant and got shafted while people who get pregnant and have the baby and then don't give a shit about them.

It just sticks in our throat.

V xxx

I have to say when i see people not taking care of thier children. I do think of all the ladies on here that have lost or never even had babies themselves. How unfair life can be

Hope Lola finds love and support from somewhere in her life

i watched it last night and was appalled. she chose to have and keep Lola, how can she not see she has a responsibility to the poor little girl.

This is why i can't watch programmes like this.

Its hard to watch anyway but when you have lost a child, they are even harder.

Due to the fact that that a lot of us believe we did all the right things while pregnant and got shafted while people who get pregnant and have the baby and then don't give a shit about them.

It just sticks in our throat.

V xxx

Spot on! I wasn't even gonna mention that but Tonie smoked like a chimney and had Lola, whereas some of us are so extra careful during our pregnancies and manage to encouter complications. Yeah, Mother Nature is not fair sometimes

I was also really saddened to watch it and see that poor baby be palmed off on every one by the mum. Or should I say mother as she's not really a mum is she? Just biologically linked to the child. I thought maybe she did have PND as she said she wasn't bonding with her? Disgusted really, I was shocked when I saw her take the baby over to her friends so she could have a night out then not bother to come get her in the morning. xx

I felt so sorry for Lola, she was gorgeous as well :( I wish they'd told us what happened to her.
I also felt sorry for Toni though, she was nowhere near ready for a baby. It was so sad when she leftthe baby crying in the car.
I think they shouldve show a teen mum who was doing a great job too though.

I didn't feel sorry for Toni at all, yeah she wasn't ready but what teenager is really? (or anyone for that matter) she chose to be reckless with sex and get pregnant and then made the choice to keep Lola. She should have accepted and stepped up to her responsibilities regardless of how old she is. It was sad when she was leaving and baby was crying but I felt more sad for Lola, not Toni. Toni brought It all on herself.

And they do show teen mums who do a great job the first episode of the series was very inspirational and the other girl in last nights episode was also very good I thought, she struggled a bit at first but in the end settled into motherhood nicely.

I was disgusted when Toni said to her mum "I'm a teenager mum, what do you expect?" and even more so when she left her baby with a friend and didn't even bother to collect her the next day. What if they didn't have enough nappies or bottles for her? Absolutely disgraceful parenting whether she's 16 or not. Toni angered me and oh, we experienced a miscarriage only last week and we couldn't help but feel that she obviously didn't realise how lucky she was to be a mum and that there are so many people in this world who would give anything to have what she has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->